Author Topic: The wide gaping difference between Nationalism and Fascism...  (Read 9669 times)

Offline flowers

Re: The wide gaping difference between Nationalism and Fascism...
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2016, 09:23:47 pm »

You're welcome.   Apparently a lot of people need a reminder of just what an evil person Hillary has been all her life.
  How anyone would want her after knowing what she has done is way beyond me.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2016, 09:33:08 pm »

I will have confidence in his intentions when I get to see some concrete examples of his intentions.   I don't see how someone could be a Liberal Democrat for most of their life,   and suddenly switch to become a Conservative leader.  (Churchill being a rare and peculiar exception.) 

As agent Mulder said:   "I want to believe." 

For that he will have my gratitude.   I personally think he will win easily because I've been keeping up with the demographics of this campaign.   

He cuts heavily into the Democrat Union base,   and he cuts significantly into the Democrat's Black demographics.   

I think Trump will win in a blow out,   and I've been saying this since last year,   though I've always believed that  Ted Cruz would have also won,   but not so easily.

Initially, talk of Mr. Trump entering the race never made it to my radar. I recall a guffaw and shrug on hearing he was mounting a bid. After weeks of research and listening though, I was sold -- and told I have a weak mind and low character by many of the Cruzers here, and easily duped, too. I could also go into the whole xenophobe and fascist thing but, blah blah blah, been all over that.

What was my point, anyway?

Oh, yes, I felt Mr. Trump's most difficult challenge would be the primary, and Ted Cruz did give him a run -- sort of. But, a general election match up between Trump and Clinton? No contest. Donald Trump in a walk.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2016, 09:37:21 pm »
Not if i reject the premise that I must choose between the two.

You can reject it all you like,   but that won't negate it as a fact.   

There is no third choice.   We are going to get one of them. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2016, 09:41:31 pm »

Oh, yes, I felt Mr. Trump's most difficult challenge would be the primary, and Ted Cruz did give him a run -- sort of. But, a general election match up between Trump and Clinton? No contest. Donald Trump in a walk.

I do not believe Trump won that  primary in an ethical manner,  but at this point I see no reasonable way to hold him accountable for it.   

But yes,  Donald Trump will win the general election easily.   He does exactly what Republican theoreticians have been claiming we need to do all along.   

He brings in large quantities of people that normally vote Democrat.    I have been reading accounts from various sources that even claim a bunch of Liberals are going to vote for him out of pique about Bernie Sanders and a hatred of Hillary. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2016, 09:48:44 pm »

You can reject it all you like,   but that won't negate it as a fact.   

There is no third choice.   We are going to get one of them.
The founders were firm believers in 3rd options. If not, we would still be petitioning parliment to ease up on the tyranny. I will not support anyone who does not meet ceratin minimum standards; see the Noah Webster quote in my tag line.

The R wing of the ruling class needs to learn that there are citizens who will not accept their fake choices they present us with.

#Never Tyrants :patriot:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2016, 09:55:41 pm »
The founders were firm believers in 3rd options. If not, we would still be petitioning parliment to ease up on the tyranny. I will not support anyone who does not meet ceratin minimum standards; see the Noah Webster quote in my tag line.

The R wing of the ruling class needs to learn that there are citizens who will not accept their fake choices they present us with.

#Never Tyrants :patriot:

People say McCain was a "fake" choice which the establishment presented us with.   I followed that primary intently.   (I wanted Fred Thompson.)   

No,  McCain won that primary fair and square because all the other candidates self destructed before the primary ended.   

The establishment did not choose him,   the people chose him,   and they chose him because all the other choices were worse.  (Huckabee,  Romney,  etc.)   

Now i'm also pretty sure the "establishment"  didn't want Trump.   They started out with Jeb,   went to Rubio,  then Kaisch,   and finally after a great deal of frustration,  ended up backing Ted Cruz. 

Trump pulled some dirty tricks and wrecked Cruz's chances,   but now he is the last man standing.   

So we get either Hillary,   or we get Trump.    Whatever it is you chose to do in November,   you are still going to get ruled by one or the other of them.   

As Glenn Reynolds is always saying,   "Choose Wisely."   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2016, 10:00:10 pm »

That someone should be either hot or cold?   How do  you get that wrong? 

Do you even understand what that chapter and verse is talking about?   

It's talking about devotion and obedience to the Lord in the Laodecian Church.  It's borderline blasphemy to apportion voting for a vulgar, narcissist who insults his enemies publicly for ruler as being hot or cold in terms of devotion. And don't give me the spew about it referring to country - that verse is not talking about Nationalism.  That verse is talking about zealousness and devotion to the Lord.

That you would toss it into a discussion to equate it to voting for Trump in November is either out of biblical ignorance or blasphemy.

So you will render unto the State that which belongs to the state? 

My vote does not belong to the state. Neither does my liberty.

You are welcome to surrender both to support the evil you think is lesser than Hillary.

I'd rather render unto the State that which is not of the State.   

I will render unto the state NOTHING that they do not put the threat of a gun to our heads to demand.

I still have to face reality though. 

You go ahead and face what you decide is your reality.  I will face mine.

Since you are familiar with the bible,   perhaps this passage will give you some bit of insight in how to deal with this current situation.

19But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead.
20Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the Lord, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.
21Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.
22And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether God will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
23But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

How to deal with the November election by reviewing God's Judgment on the fruits of David's sin???   As a Pastor and missionary I have to state I am bewildered by your lack of biblical understanding in the context upon which you are attempting to apply those examples and verses.

Did you sin against the Lord?  Did He pronounce Judgement upon you and the fruits of your sin?  Did you beseech the Lord with fasting and prayer that His Judgment may be taken away and live peaceably with His judgement?

If you are attempting to apply those verses to subtly refer to Cruz - using the absolutely WRONG context, did David then go and lie with another woman who was less beautiful than Bathsheba??

Your allegory fails in even getting me to comprehend the point you were attempting to make with it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantom

« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2016, 10:14:42 pm »
Your screed spent it's time looking at the end-result of where Mussolini and Hitler and their mobs took Fascism rather than the seeds that germinated into what resulted.  When your Political savior is stoking an atmosphere of rage and conflict with insults and derision while discussing punishing companies and forcing them to "make their damn stuff here" and talking about imposing fines on entire nations exports - I'd say the seeds are in the same genus as what Benito started planting back then.

I'm reading the same exact crap on social media and other former Conservative sites by Trump acolytes. 

Well you and your hordes of Trump worshipping supporters can come arrest me for lying about your King Presumptive and execute me for treason as they are threatening on those sites, when the time comes.

I'll be waiting.

Precisely.... trump has yet to weld power. So he is just a private bully who is our El Douche. But he is a fascist.. just now one with power....yet.

I notice someone, Bill I think,  posted about "all seeds" not growing.  Yet, one does not intentionally plant a seed which kills so many. Hoping this one is benign.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2016, 10:22:11 pm »

Why do it half way?   Vote for her and cause a two vote swing away from Trump.

Tempting. 

However see my tag line as to why it is better for Hillary to be pres than for trump.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2016, 10:26:21 pm »

Precisely.... trump has yet to weld power. So he is just a private bully who is our El Douche. But he is a fascist.. just now one with power....yet.

I notice someone, Bill I think,  posted about "all seeds" not growing.  Yet, one does not intentionally plant a seed which kills so many. Hoping this one is benign.

The good book says you reap what you sow. I want no hand in the sowing of Tyranny.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:43:42 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Fantom

« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2016, 10:37:42 pm »
.and 20 years from now, when asked why the Supreme Court has 7 extreme liberals on it, just say I hated Donald Trump so much that I acted to ensure Hillary could fill the court.

Wow Mesa, I did not think you such a psychic as too see the future. There is no Reason to expect a trump to act in any manner. He is a New York lib.

trump lies and will say anything. He has no core principles... only what is best for trump. He and Hillary are clones. Both "play" acting to "their" base in pursuit of power.

Of course.. that is a suggestion..maybe a negotiation.. but it will be Youge.

You talk of "hatred" to pillory those who clearly see what trump is... and I see a cultist who follows a faschist... much like earlier seeds which were sprouted by earlier followers of personality over substance.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2016, 10:40:52 pm »
The good book says you reap what you sow. I want no hand in the sowing of Tyranny.

Well, then you are out of luck... if you vote for a fascist like trump.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:48:10 pm by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2016, 10:44:20 pm »
Well, then you are out of luck... if you vote for a fascist like trump.
My sentiments exactly.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2016, 10:46:26 pm »
My sentiments exactly.

My apologies. I misconstrued your meaning.    :beer:

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2016, 11:10:04 pm »
Tempting. 

However see my tag line as to why it is better for Hillary to be pres than for trump.

There is a reasonable argument to be made for Conservatives to support Hillary,   but I have yet to see anyone attempting to make it.    All I see are people attempting to argue that Trump is bad,    but nobody seems to be arguing  the corollary to that,  which is that Hillary is good.   

You imply it,  and therefore rather than giving you my own take on this theory,   I would be interested to hear what you have to say about it first.   

Why would a Hillary Presidency be good? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2016, 11:22:27 pm »

Your tagline is amusing, just not in the way you think. It in fact, makes the point of most of us who are pro-Trump. That's because you are precisely as wrong as Hamilton was when he made that statement..."If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible".

You see, like you Hamilton made this statement about a great man who would be one of our greatest Presidents....Mr. John Adams.

So you've inadvertently placed Mr Trump on level with one of our greatest Founding Fathers, and a man of great willpower and paradigm shifting ideology. Good work. Welcome aboard the Trump train!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2016, 11:29:16 pm »

There is a reasonable argument to be made for Conservatives to support Hillary,   but I have yet to see anyone attempting to make it.    All I see are people attempting to argue that Trump is bad,    but nobody seems to be arguing  the corollary to that,  which is that Hillary is good.   

You imply it,  and therefore rather than giving you my own take on this theory,   I would be interested to hear what you have to say about it first.   

You're still holding the premise that we only have two choices: That no matter the options that appear to be presented we must choose between those. Not so.

Star Trek is famous for 3rd options, even from the pilot episode. Do you want the blond of the brunette? Pike decides to take the 3rd option and put the alien in a choke hold. Maybe not the best anology, but it is servicable.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2016, 11:34:15 pm »
It's all good. That's what I get for harassing you earlier. :beer:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2016, 11:44:47 pm »

It is the same argument made by Alexander Hamilton. SEE: My Tagline.

To answer that, one must look at a President trump.   

Now maybe, the wall will be built all Americans will have a high paying jobs... Unicorns will frolic in fields of Garlands and Rose Petals laid at Trumps Glorious Feet...... More Likely trump wins a bitter election by a small margin and loses the Senate.

Even if R's hold the Senate, we have someone who loves to compromise after 8 years of uncompromising far left rule. We would have Paul Ryan passing bills with majority democrat vote...but we would have it on steroids. Locking in essentially what the left has surged into place.

Even if trump were initially good for the economy..and might very well be...after all ..look at the act he is following. But I digress, even if initially good, the business cycle will crash and then.. another obama.

And that is considering a sane..somewhat conservative Scam Wow.

One who will compromise on Justice picks..after all it was just a suggestion... right.

Which brings up your question.... Hillary wins a bitter and close election. The Senate stays R, and instead of voting with trump on compromise bills... the damage of which will be laid at r(conservative feet)..... The corruptocrat witch can be opposed.

Leading to midterms in which the potential for R's to gain a veto pruf majority is very real. That is something never had in the post WW II era.

Bringing 2020.. and hopefully ALL conservative seeing clearly this time.

A Simple Bricklayer.

P.S. Please respond in your own words. Not quoting me and changing mine.

Likewise I will not likely respond to the "Quote a line out of context" and rebut technique so often used(many times in this thread) .. I used to decades ago play that.. but really, This Simple Bricklayer is just too busy to want to engage in that manner anymore.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2016, 11:47:47 pm »
It's all good. That's what I get for harassing you earlier. :beer:

My skin is thickr than trumps.  :smokin:

Honestly, I read that ,with the typo, as having "trump" doing the "sowing" my mind replaced tyranny  with "trump".

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2016, 11:49:39 pm »

I don't either,   and that's why I am going to reluctantly support Trump in November.   

He  *might*  be a Tyrant,   but Hillary will most assuredly *be*  a Tyrant. 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2016, 11:50:46 pm »
My skin is thickr than trumps.  :smokin:

Honestly, I read that ,with the typo, as having "trump" doing the "sowing" my mind replaced tyranny  with "trump".
An apropos Freudian slip.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2016, 11:53:10 pm »
Your tagline is amusing, just not in the way you think. It in fact, makes the point of most of us who are pro-Trump. That's because you are precisely as wrong as Hamilton was when he made that statement..."If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible".

You see, like you Hamilton made this statement about a great man who would be one of our greatest Presidents....Mr. John Adams.

So you've inadvertently placed Mr Trump on level with one of our greatest Founding Fathers, and a man of great willpower and paradigm shifting ideology. Good work. Welcome aboard the Trump train!

Like you...Hamilton was a great Psychic.  He was speakin' of trump. :tongue2:

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2016, 11:55:53 pm »
You're still holding the premise that we only have two choices: That no matter the options that appear to be presented we must choose between those. Not so.

There is no viable third candidate,  therefore there is no third choice.   

Star Trek is famous for 3rd options, even from the pilot episode. Do you want the blond of the brunette? Pike decides to take the 3rd option and put the alien in a choke hold. Maybe not the best anology, but it is servicable.

Start Trek is a fantasy,  and that is where this sort of thinking belongs.    We will get two choices in November.   Trump will be one of them,   and if Hillary doesn't get indicted or lose to Sanders   or die of stroke or something,   she will be the other. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Fantom

« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2016, 11:59:38 pm »

I don't either,   and that's why I am going to reluctantly support Trump in November.   

He  *might*  be a Tyrant,   but Hillary will most assuredly *be*  a Tyrant. 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

No Hillary is no tyrant, not even a fascist.  Hillaey is just a good Ol'e coruptocrat.. she used to be a far left ideologue.... but now.. She must get elected to stay out of prison and steal some more from us.

Frederick Douglass