Author Topic: The wide gaping difference between Nationalism and Fascism...  (Read 9570 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: The wide gaping difference between Nationalism and Fascism...
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2016, 06:30:43 pm »
First, if I wanted to cut and paste my own words I would. Second, I did not do so. Likely I covered the same issue as popped up in another thread, and I don't specifically remember where exactly it came up, but what I wrote in each was independent of the other.

I wondered precisely because you accused me of something I did not do.

Oh, and if you're going to insult me in one of your other posts, please @sinkspur me so I can respond.  It's just common courtesy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2016, 06:39:12 pm »
Good lord, I'd be sending you 2-3 emails an hour.

You're just going to have to do some quick searches if you want to look up my commentaries. For the record, I imagine you're a pretty decent fellow, you just suffer from TDS and have entirely lost your ability to even feign objectivity.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2016, 06:57:20 pm »

Right.   One vote for Hillary.  When you take away a vote from Trump,   you do one votes worth of damage.   If you give that vote to Hillary,  you do two votes worth of damage.   

If you've made up your mind to do damage,   do double damage.   Don't do half damage.   

I don't buy the premise of your insipid argument.  I don't subscribe to the belief I have to eat one sh*t sandwich or the other that the ruling class oligarchy and a mob of sycophants say I have to eat.

I choose not to.  You can rant, rave, accuse me of treason like your compatriots if you like.

I don't care.

Live up to your decision.

I already have.  I will have no hand or part in choosing your ruler.  You will choose whichever one you desire of your own volition. 

"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

You have no comprehension in regards to the misapplication of that verse in terms of how you are attempting to use it.  You are in-fact, indicting yourself.

I'll practice I Peter 3:11 and eschew evil and do what is good and acceptable to the Lord.  Choosing to vote for an intemperate vulgar liberal Statist is not an option for me.

I'll hand it to you Trump acolytes - you have succeeded in pushing me from simply voting my conscience into activism against your chosen.  So congratulations on that.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:58:35 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2016, 07:04:56 pm »
I don't buy the premise of your insipid argument.  I don't subscribe to the belief I have to eat one sh*t sandwich or the other that the ruling class oligarchy and a mob of sycophants say I have to eat.

I choose not to.  You can rant, rave, accuse me of treason like your compatriots if you like.

I don't care.

I already have.  I will have no hand or part in choosing your ruler.  You will choose whichever one you desire of your own volition. 

You have no comprehension in regards to the misapplication of that verse in terms of how you are attempting to use it.  You are in-fact, indicting yourself.

I'll practice I Peter 3:11 and eschew evil and do what is good and acceptable to the Lord.  Choosing to vote for an intemperate vulgar liberal Statist is not an option for me.

I'll hand it to you Trump acolytes - you have succeeded in pushing me from simply voting my conscience into activism against your chosen.  So congratulations on that.

No one has pushed you to anything. Take responsibility for your own choices...and 20 years from now, when asked why the Supreme Court has 7 extreme liberals on it, just say I hated Donald Trump so much that I acted to ensure Hillary could fill the court. The rest of us will be right here fighting to defeat Mrs. Clinton to our last breath....we're gonna "Hold that Door", to our last gasp.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2016, 07:11:21 pm »
Diogenes, your heart is in the right place but I just think pressuring someone like Bill who has valid concerns...is the wrong approach. I agree with you that the danger Hillary represents is vastly greater than any reasonable concerns about Donald, but for some conservatives its going to take time and reflection to reach that conclusion on their own.

I am not a Donald Trump supporter.   I am a Cruz supporter.   Unfortunately that is no longer an option.   

I am not going to piss and moan about the choice I no longer have.   I am going to simply do the best I can with what I've got left.   

Back in 1992 I was ready to vote for a Democrat.   George HW Bush had angered me to the point I was wanting to see him go down in flames.    And then the Democrats ran Clinton. 

Never before had I witnessed such a piece of scum bastard being suggested as the leader of our nation.   Draft Dodging,  dope smoking,  greasy sack of sh*t Bill Clinton who protested his own nation during the Vietnam war and took vacations in the Eastern bloc and Soviet Russia.   

I *HATED*  George HW.   But seeing the alternative,   I undertook the unpleasant task of campaigning for that worthless and weak George HW  because the alternative was just too horrible.   

And that is once again where I find myself today.   

Guys like Sink and Invar are hopeless, they are full of hate and anger and no amount of reasoning is even heard by them. But Bill represents exactly the kind of voters we need to win over...or rather Mr. Trump needs to win over...and he has to do so by showing he can be restrained and well informed AS WELL AS willing to blow the roof of the PC garbage. Heck, I agree with them that Trump needs add some complexity to his arguments and demeanor.

I have no concerns about Maj Bill.   From what i've seen of him he is a thinking man,  and not given to histrionics or emotional excess.     I expect he will,  like me,   do what he grudgingly must,   but not to be necessarily happy about it. 

So lets not beat them up at a time when we need to give them space. Thinkers like Bill will follow reason and conscience and I believe that will naturally lead them to Mr. Trump in the end...though they will likely not be "excited" over the choice. Rational and mature folks understand that sometimes you DO have to look at the lesser of two weavils, particularly when one weavil is vastly worse than the other.

That's where i'm at.   With Trump,   we *might*  get half way decent appointees to the Federal bench.   With Hillary,   we will get kookbag horrors. 

With Trump,   we *might*  get a border wall and strengthened prohibitions on immigration.   With Hillary,  we will see the doors flung open.   

With Trump,  we *might*  be left in peace to go about our daily lives.  With Hillary,   we will be subjected to a new round of Nazi like abuses by the government in the pursuit of dissident thought or behavior. 

Trump is a crap-shoot,   while Hillary is a definite reign of terror. 

I'll go for the unsure thing that might not be so bad  rather than the absolute  known unequivocal evil represented by the Hag-Witch Hillary. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2016, 07:28:13 pm »
Good lord, I'd be sending you 2-3 emails an hour.

You're just going to have to do some quick searches if you want to look up my commentaries. For the record, I imagine you're a pretty decent fellow, you just suffer from TDS and have entirely lost your ability to even feign objectivity.

I don't want to read your proclamations.  If you mention me BY NAME in a post, please @sinkspur me. 

I'm a decent fellow for sure, and am even more decent because I won't vote for a crazy man for president.  I am not objective about Trump for sure.  YOU have lost objectivity because, to you, Trump is a genius when he insults and demeans people he wants to vote for him. 

I hope he gets smashed in a landslide.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2016, 07:33:03 pm »
No one has pushed you to anything. Take responsibility for your own choices...and 20 years from now, when asked why the Supreme Court has 7 extreme liberals on it, just say I hated Donald Trump so much that I acted to ensure Hillary could fill the court. The rest of us will be right here fighting to defeat Mrs. Clinton to our last breath....we're gonna "Hold that Door", to our last gasp.

This Supreme Court argument is friggin' phony.  Scalia's spot is open and Anthony Kennedy is 79.  The other two geriatrics are Ginsburg and Breyer, but they're liberals and likely won't resign in the next four years anyway.  Everybody else is below 66. 

So, in truth, all this angst is about one spot, Scalia's.  All this hysteria about replacing five or six justices is just jive.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2016, 07:36:18 pm »

You guys said you didn't need principled Conservatives in the first place for Trump to win - so why all the fear, loathing, threats an insulting condescension to try and scare us into voting for a Liberal Leftist you insist is not as bad as Hillary???

Go and pander for Bernie supporters.  You'll have a better chance of winning them over to vote for your Liberal Leftist from New York running on your Republican ticket.

Just like you, they have no principles either, so you won't have to work so hard to convince them that voting for Trump is better than Hillary.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2016, 07:37:06 pm »

Never before had I witnessed such a piece of scum bastard being suggested as the leader of our nation.   Draft Dodging,  dope smoking,  greasy sack of sh*t Bill Clinton who protested his own nation during the Vietnam war and took vacations in the Eastern bloc and Soviet Russia.   

Let's see.  Trump got four deferments for a non-existent fool ailment, boasted about dodging STDs as "my own personal Vietnam," has  a cheeto face,  loves Vlad Putin and hired a manager who is a PR guy for the Ukrainian dictator.

Trump treats women like dirt, just as Clinton did.

And yet you'll vote for him.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:37:47 pm by sinkspur »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2016, 07:49:13 pm »
I don't buy the premise of your insipid argument.

Facts are stubborn things.   Your rejection of them does not make them change. 

That someone should be either hot or cold?   How do  you get that wrong? 

So you will render unto the State that which belongs to the state? 

I'd rather render unto the State that which is not of the State.   At least that might throw a monkeywrench into it. 

Not a Trump acolyte.   Supported Cruz in the Primary.   Got suspended at Free Republic for pointing out how unethical were Trump supporters in their attacks on Cruz. 

I still have to face reality though. 

Since you are familiar with the bible,   perhaps this passage will give you some bit of insight in how to deal with this current situation.

19But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead.
20Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the Lord, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.
21Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.
22And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether God will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
23But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2016, 07:59:22 pm »

I am not a Donald Trump supporter.   I am a Cruz supporter.   Unfortunately that is no longer an option.   

I am not going to piss and moan about the choice I no longer have.   I am going to simply do the best I can with what I've got left.   

Back in 1992 I was ready to vote for a Democrat.   George HW Bush had angered me to the point I was wanting to see him go down in flames.    And then the Democrats ran Clinton. 

I *HATED*  George HW.   But seeing the alternative,   I undertook the unpleasant task of campaigning for that worthless and weak George HW  because the alternative was just too horrible.   

And that is once again where I find myself today.   

I have no concerns about Maj Bill.   From what i've seen of him he is a thinking man,  and not given to histrionics or emotional excess.     I expect he will,  like me,   do what he grudgingly must,   but not to be necessarily happy about it. 

That's where i'm at.   With Trump,   we *might*  get half way decent appointees to the Federal bench.   With Hillary,   we will get kookbag horrors. 

With Trump,   we *might*  get a border wall and strengthened prohibitions on immigration.   With Hillary,  we will see the doors flung open.   

With Trump,  we *might*  be left in peace to go about our daily lives.  With Hillary,   we will be subjected to a new round of Nazi like abuses by the government in the pursuit of dissident thought or behavior. 

Trump is a crap-shoot,   while Hillary is a definite reign of terror.

I'll go for the unsure thing that might not be so bad  rather than the absolute  known unequivocal evil represented by the Hag-Witch Hillary.

Well stated, and I'm about 99% right there with ya...though I started as a Rubio supporter rather than Cruz. You particularly nailed it with the bolded part above!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2016, 08:04:42 pm »
You guys said you didn't need principled Conservatives in the first place for Trump to win - so why all the fear, loathing, threats an insulting condescension to try and scare us into voting for a Liberal Leftist you insist is not as bad as Hillary??? I've never once said any such thing. Although it is true that some have grown so bitter and hateful that its become impossible to have a reasoned discussion with them.

Go and pander for Bernie supporters.  You'll have a better chance of winning them over to vote for your Liberal Leftist from New York running on your Republican ticket. I have no issue whatsoever in drawing crossover voters, many of whom only understand that they want real jobs and real economic opportunity, and are angry over our piss poor trade deals this past decade. That said, I don't expect more than a few Bernie's brigade to have the intellect to make the jump, but we certainly should strive to bring them in

Just like you, they have no principles either, so you won't have to work so hard to convince them that voting for Trump is better than Hillary. I served my country for many years, was an officer in the US Army and to this day I work to keep people safe from terror. You have no idea what my principles are, you simply believe your own to be superior to those who disagee with you. THAT is the definition of narrow minded arrogance.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2016, 08:18:09 pm »
Let's see.  Trump got four deferments for a non-existent fool ailment, boasted about dodging STDs as "my own personal Vietnam," has  a cheeto face,  loves Vlad Putin and hired a manager who is a PR guy for the Ukrainian dictator.

You were supposed to be ignoring me...  I was looking forward to it.   

None of that crap you mentioned puts him in the class of a Bill or Hillary Clinton.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2016, 08:27:26 pm »
And while i'm at it,  another reminder regarding the Fascist nature of Hillary. 

Clinton’s San Diego speech ignores this: She is an oligarch and a crook whose foreign policy opened the gates of hell

Meanwhile, as she sold America’s interests (and national honor) down the river, Hillary and Bill Clinton used the Clinton Foundation as a slush fund to amass over $200 million in personal wealth.

Hillary used her office to line the Clintons’ pockets. Nothing was off limits: influence peddling, bribery, the selling of access and abuse of power. And this rampant criminal behavior depended upon one thing — secrecy.

This is why she needed to set up a private e-mail account on a personal homebrew server. Her criminal enterprise could only be run in the shadows; her parallel email system had to be established in such a way as to avoid transparency and accountability.

http://www.worldtribune.com/clintons-san-diego-speech-ignores-this-she-is-an-oligarch-and-a-crook-whose-foreign-policy-opened-the-doors-of-hell/
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2016, 08:50:58 pm »

Wish you could share in my confidence in Mr. Trump, Diogenes. I feel optimistic about the future again.

You know, we should thank Mr. Trump when he wins. Someone will have finally rid us of the Clintons and, as an added bonus, the Bushes -- simultaneously.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2016, 08:55:21 pm »

You were supposed to be ignoring me...  I was looking forward to it.   

None of that crap you mentioned puts him in the class of a Bill or Hillary Clinton.

No it doesn't.  He's worse. They weren't running a scam bilking retirees out of their 401Ks for non-existent "riches."

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2016, 08:56:43 pm »
Wish you could share in my confidence in Mr. Trump, Diogenes. I feel optimistic about the future again.

I will have confidence in his intentions when I get to see some concrete examples of his intentions.   I don't see how someone could be a Liberal Democrat for most of their life,   and suddenly switch to become a Conservative leader.  (Churchill being a rare and peculiar exception.) 

As agent Mulder said:   "I want to believe." 

You know, we should thank Mr. Trump when he wins. Someone will have finally rid us of the Clintons and, as an added bonus, the Bushes -- simultaneously.

For that he will have my gratitude.   I personally think he will win easily because I've been keeping up with the demographics of this campaign.   

He cuts heavily into the Democrat Union base,   and he cuts significantly into the Democrat's Black demographics.   

I think Trump will win in a blow out,   and I've been saying this since last year,   though I've always believed that  Ted Cruz would have also won,   but not so easily. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2016, 08:58:46 pm »
No it doesn't.  He's worse. They weren't running a scam bilking retirees out of their 401Ks for non-existent "riches."

Saying he's "worse"  only indicates you don't know what you ought to know about Hillary. 

I haven't yet heard of any trails of bodies left behind in Trump's wake.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2016, 09:02:35 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Proverbs 28 Has quite a few sayings that apply to Trump, a man who has acknowledged he doesn't need forgiveness from God.

v5. Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.
v.15-16 As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people. The prince that wanteth understanding is also a great oppressor: but he that hateth covetousness shall prolong his days.
v. 20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
v. 25-26 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat. He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

We may truly be darned if we do and darned it we don't. I can certainly respect those who don't want to participate in that.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline flowers

« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2016, 09:04:17 pm »
And while i'm at it,  another reminder regarding the Fascist nature of Hillary. 

Clinton’s San Diego speech ignores this: She is an oligarch and a crook whose foreign policy opened the gates of hell

http://www.worldtribune.com/clintons-san-diego-speech-ignores-this-she-is-an-oligarch-and-a-crook-whose-foreign-policy-opened-the-doors-of-hell/

Thank you for posting that!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2016, 09:15:01 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Proverbs 28 Has quite a few sayings that apply to Trump, a man who has acknowledged he doesn't need forgiveness from God.

v5. Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.
v.15-16 As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people. The prince that wanteth understanding is also a great oppressor: but he that hateth covetousness shall prolong his days.
v. 20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
v. 25-26 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat. He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

We may truly be darned if we do and darned it we don't. I can certainly respect those who don't want to participate in that.

If you are trying to gain traction in your argument,  you need to pick out examples that don't also apply to Hillary.   Yes,  I know Trump has ethical issues,   and I also know that Hillary has no ethical issues...   because she has no ethics at all.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2016, 09:16:29 pm »
Thank you for posting that!

You're welcome.   Apparently a lot of people need a reminder of just what an evil person Hillary has been all her life. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2016, 09:17:09 pm »
Jeremy Diamond ‏@JDiamond1  5m5 minutes ago

Trump points to black supporter in crowd: "Look at my African american over here…look at him!"

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2016, 09:19:26 pm »

If you are trying to gain traction in your argument,  you need to pick out examples that don't also apply to Hillary.   Yes,  I know Trump has ethical issues,   and I also know that Hillary has no ethical issues...   because she has no ethics at all.   

Not if i reject the premise that I must choose between the two.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2016, 09:20:20 pm »
Jeremy Diamond ‏@JDiamond1  5m5 minutes ago

Trump points to black supporter in crowd: "Look at my African american over here…look at him!"
Ben Carson?