Author Topic: BREAKING: Kristol Eyes Conservative Lawyer David French for Independent Presidential Run  (Read 19521 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
No, the message is jusy too garbled.  Everyone has different opinions on why candidates lost.  Did Romney lose because he wasn't conservative enough, or because his 47% remark and self-deportation were though to be too conservative?

The point isn't which explanation is ultimately more correct - the point is that different people have different opinions, so the "message" is garbled.  And it is alwaya like that.

And my FR experience is different from yours - while most people ended up accepting Romney as the nominee, his core supporters were not the core Trump supporters of today.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:24:44 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Is that what you tell yourself? Really.

Now its true that many of us are tired of extreme "social" conservatives...and the whole bible thumping business. But we are as conservative as anyone in the party, in fact we are generally the original Tea Party types before the church types coopted the movement. We want strong defense, small government, strong borders and an end to social welfare programs as we know them. We are not anti-Christian, but we sure as heck don't want to be preached at nor have litmus tests of religion for our candidates. That IS conservatism, and that is the positions Mr. Trump advocates. Its Reagan-esque if anything.

Social conservatism, and so called 'bible thumping' are a core of conservative principle. The mere fact you are sick of it pretty much proves you are no more conservative than Anitia Sarkesian. And spare me the Reagan comparisons. He warned specifically against turning the party over to people of your belief structure.

Online roamer_1

Who is the "y'all" here?  Because i suspect the folks who pushed for McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012 are not, generally, the same who pushed for Trump in 2016.

Oddly enough, if FR is any indication, yes, they are. The same rah-rah Republican, anti-Christian, pragmatism pimping crew. Some noteale exceptions, but then, there always are.

And, btw, I stand with the very same liberty loving Civil Libertarians, Christians, and hard core Reaganites that I always have stood with... Principled Conservatives, all. 

There is no collective GOP mindset or hivemind to "get a message" regarding nominees.  It's ordinary voters who really determine each nominee in each electiin, independently of the last.   They don't carry collective guilt/memory forward to future elections.

Of course there is a hive mind mentality. In fact, the pied-piper-like effect that Trump has on his followers approaches hypnosis.

Online roamer_1

I hope it also means that he can not only conceive an articulate thought, but also convey it in a reasonable manner using words with more than two syllables.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Online roamer_1

Never thought you wouldn't do so...and honestly don't care if you do.

Great

The Christian right [...] are supporting Trump [...]

Nope.

In fact, Trump is now at levels of GOP support similar to where Romney was in 2012.

Wheeeee!

Everyone has gotten the message, there's a few on the far right who will only vote for an extreme right candidate. Its pretty much an axiom...you guys prefer to let Hillary win then have less than pure conservative. Smart.

Less than pure? The last two clowns have been outright liberals, and McCain't was a declared enemy of Conservatives. How is that merely 'less than pure'?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Why are the Trump supporters trying to spoil French's chance to beat Hillary? A vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary. If you oppose French, you have to support Hillary.

Jump on the French Roll you anti Frenchers.

Offline wolfcreek

Strange that people are laughing at Kristol for trying to get an actual conservative in the race, but nobody's laughing that Trump might get the nuclear codes.

You guys are starting to sound like Liberals with your Leftist talking points and fear-mongering rhetoric.

I'd be ashamed.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:07:24 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline wolfcreek

Social conservatism, and so called 'bible thumping' are a core of conservative principle. The mere fact you are sick of it pretty much proves you are no more conservative than Anitia Sarkesian. And spare me the Reagan comparisons. He warned specifically against turning the party over to people of your belief structure.

If you're referring to the Republican party, it turned itself over to the dark, Progressive, Global Oligarchy side long ago. Holding on to that status quo and grasping at straws [or sitting on our thumbs] is why we are in this predicament.

RIP GOP

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You guys are starting to sound like Liberals with your Leftist talking point.

I'd be ashamed.

It's not just liberals who fear a madman as President.   

Trump said the other day that he "won't change".   He'll keep on trashing anyone who wounds his precious ego.   I don't want that sort of vindictiveness in a President.   He's temperamentally unfit.    You should be ashamed of yourself for ignoring what you KNOW to be true about this man's flaws.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You guys are starting to sound like Liberals with your Leftist talking point.

I'd be ashamed.

Impossible.  They have gone dark. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline wolfcreek

Trump said the other day that he "won't change".   He'll keep on trashing anyone who wounds his precious ego.   I don't want that sort of vindictiveness in a President.   He's temperamentally unfit.    You should be ashamed of yourself for ignoring what you KNOW to be true about this man's flaws.

Everyone has flaws and we are all sinners.

Trump has tapped into what most of us consider the real issues. The economy, jobs, crappy deals with competitors, creeping Sharia, unfettered illegal immigration, wasting our natural and physical resources, all the broken promises,  etc

Fing A I'm going to support that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Jazz, you and I frequently disagree, but you are right on target with that comment!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Trump has tapped into what most of us consider the real issues. The economy, jobs, crappy deals with competitors, creeping Sharia, unfettered illegal immigration, wasting our natural and physical resources, all the broken promises,  etc

That's the correct answer.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

What is this moral relativism crap?   That's no defense to your willful blindness to Trump's egregious and disqualifying flaws.   

It's not his "issues" I object to.   (Well,  I disagree with a lot of Trump's apparent positions, but that's not why I can't support him as the nominee.)   It's the man himself.   You ignore the menace his terrible temper and megalomania represents.   The man's drunk on power and his own ego.   Putting him in charge of the nuke codes is reckless and stupid.    I don't give a hiss that the alternative is Hillary Clinton.   The danger she represents isn't existential;  Trump's is.

Fing A you should be ashamed of yourself.  There is no excuse for willful blindness.     
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:01:51 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online roamer_1

Jump on the French Roll you anti Frenchers.

:silly: Let's ROLL!!!  :silly:

Wingnut

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

In reading Mr. French's bio, it appears he leaves out that he a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton and her agenda for the United States.  I'm inferring this given he's agreed to help make sure Hillary Clinton wins the Presidency in 2016 by splitting the vote on the political Right. 

#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Online roamer_1

In reading Mr. French's bio, it appears he leaves out that he a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton and her agenda for the United States.  I'm inferring this given he's agreed to help make sure Hillary Clinton wins the Presidency in 2016 by splitting the vote on the political Right.

Total crap. Trump is what split the vote on the right. If you don't want Clinton, then dump trump and support someone we can all vote for.

Offline aligncare

You must be new around here. I can tell because you possess uncharacteristically sharp reasoning abilities.

A vote for any third party from the right is a vote for the democrat. Nice to see people here with a firm grasp on reality.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Been here a month, I see the first troll.  Are you a FR double-naught spy?   

A NR writer supporting Clinton?   HA HA HA HA HA......Nice try.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
In reading Mr. French's bio, it appears he leaves out that he a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton and her agenda for the United States.

You need to back that up somehow. As catfish pointed out, he's a NR writer.

Offline Mechanicos

“The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. “ David French
A confirmed Trump hater
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

You need to back that up somehow. As catfish pointed out, he's a NR writer.
NR lost any respect it had
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

The plan isn't as ridiculous as it appears at first glance.  The first plan was/is to keep Trump from winning on the first ballot.  That plan probably won't work.  The back-up plan is this one, or one similar.  It's not to win an election, but if Trump and Hillary are close which seems likely, it is to try to take enough electoral votes from a handful of states to throw the election into the House, where Trump simply won't get the nod.

No conservative third party candidate is going to take electoral votes from Hillary.  Such a candidate will dilute the Rightest vote such at States that could have gone to the R column will go D. 

Which is good for Kristol and his "moar war!" ilk.  Hillary will definitely be putting US boots into harms way during her term.
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
NR lost any respect it had
Only from the trumpet crowd.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.