Author Topic: Unconventional #18: Inside the new book that details how GOP delegates could wriggle out of nominating Trump (and more!)  (Read 7737 times)

Offline RoosGirl

The case was about whose rules were supreme as between the State, the delegates and the National Party. The State because of an open primary had non-democrat delegates that would not vote per the party rules. The court held the National party controlled absolutely who could sit and vote at its convention no matter what the State or the delegates themselves wanted. Bottom line The National party can legally seat, unseat and eject anybody they want. What is being proposed here will destroy the Party. They cannot control how they vote but they can keep them from voting and void bad votes if the Delegate is ejected.

I am conflicted on my feelings about this.  The RNC rules were set up the way they were for a reason.  I suspect that reason is exactly why we are where we are right now; the presumptive nominee presents serious ethical and moral deficiencies, particularly in respect to the traditional GOP platform and his basic understanding of COTUS that need to be addressed.  On the other hand, we have become accustomed to the nominee being the man that has won the popular vote of the party.

Offline Mechanicos

Yes, proposing Donald Trump as the Republican nominee, will destroy the Party.  It already is.
That is your opinion, an opinion not shared by most GOP voters as proven by Republican Primary Votes after Indiana.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

I am conflicted on my feelings about this.  The RNC rules were set up the way they were for a reason.  I suspect that reason is exactly why we are where we are right now; the presumptive nominee presents serious ethical and moral deficiencies, particularly in respect to the traditional GOP platform and his basic understanding of COTUS that need to be addressed.  On the other hand, we have become accustomed to the nominee being the man that has won the popular vote of the party.
Think about this, The Primary voting after Indiana prove that Most Republicans do not share your unsupported view of how Trump is. So ask yourself why is it only a small number of Cruz supporters and establishment types say the things you say about him? I do not agree with you. He has warts yes, lousy on social issues, But hes good for America and has the right anti-American enemies.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Think about this, The Primary voting after Indiana prove that Most Republicans do not share your unsupported view of how Trump is. So ask yourself why is it only a small number of Cruz supporters and establishment types say the things you say about him? I do not agree with you. He has warts yes, lousy on social issues, But hes good for America and has the right anti-American enemies.

How is he good for America?   He's a bully in a glass shop.  He has shown zero ability to have a rational discussion.  He attacks anyone who disagrees with him.   He's a bully through and through, and thats to Americans.   He's show zero foreign policy ability alienating numerous trade allies and shown zero capability to work with Congress.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

Who did republicans have to vote for beside Trump after Indiana?  I am not convinced that a significant number of people voted for Trump because there was no one else to vote for; they wanted their vote "to count", and wouldn't necessarily have voted for Trump were there still another choice.  I don't know why more people don't have the strength to voice their convictions.  Why do most people who don't want to cater to homosexual demands remain silent?

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
That is your opinion, an opinion not shared by most GOP voters as proven by Republican Primary Votes after Indiana.
That is NOT an opinion.  It is fact.

You really are

Offline Mechanicos

Who did republicans have to vote for beside Trump after Indiana?  I am not convinced that a significant number of people voted for Trump because there was no one else to vote for; they wanted their vote "to count", and wouldn't necessarily have voted for Trump were there still another choice.  I don't know why more people don't have the strength to voice their convictions.  Why do most people who don't want to cater to homosexual demands remain silent?
There were other names on the ballots so the ones who think like you could have voted for any of them. Did not happen in any noticeable number. Proof the ones who believe about Trump as Cruz preached it are few and far between.

Offline Mechanicos

That is NOT an opinion.  It is fact.

You really are
so how come with Cruz on every ballot after Indiana so few were of the same mind as you and voted for Cruz over Trump? Serious,  its not a common view of Trump. but is almost exclusively belongs to the last few Die hard Cruz supporters. I blame Cruz using Neural linguistic programing for months on you guys. Because the beliefs held do not  make sense.

Offline RoosGirl

There were other names on the ballots so the ones who think like you could have voted for any of them. Did not happen in any noticeable number. Proof the ones who believe about Trump as Cruz preached it are few and far between.

Did not address any point I made or answer any question.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
so how come with Cruz on every ballot after Indiana so few were of the same mind as you and voted for Cruz over Trump? Serious,  its not a common view of Trump. but is almost exclusively belongs to the last few Die hard Cruz supporters. I blame Cruz using Neural linguistic programing for months on you guys. Because the beliefs held do not  make sense.
Cruz didn't do any "programming"... :silly:

The "beliefs" we hold are these:
Uphold the US Constitution
Small Limited Government
End Corruption
Lower Taxes
Secure the Border - Enforce the already existing laws
God
Family
Liberty
Freedom
Privacy

The Cruz supporters I know, want a candidate who believes in those things too and LIVES THEM.  Someone who doesn't just give lip service and talking points, but who actually has literally DONE the work, to uphold those values and principles.  Someone who has integrity and honor and who understands and literally had led his life and career, in order to SERVE, those that elected him....WE THE PEOPLE.

I know there isn't a perfect candidate, but the one who came closest, who has a CONSISTENT PROVEN RECORD, is Ted Cruz.  I VOTED for him because I believe in him and none of the other candidates compared. 

You want to talk about programming.  Trump supporters and those who follow lock step with the "party" brand, and fall in line behind what the elite establishment masters (and their sheeple) tell them to. ****sheep****

And primary votes don't tell the whole picture.  If you look at how many OPEN primaries there are, there were a LOT of Democrats and Independents who crossed over to vote for Trump.  That's a fact.  And I'd wager, those same tools, are going to be voting for Shrillery come November.

Other than that, I really could care less what makes sense to your dope ass. :chairbang:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Paul Ryan said it clearly enough -  Trump's statement that Judge Curiel cannot be impartial merely because of his ethnicity is a textbook racist comment.

1. "FLASHBACK: Justice Sonia Sotomayor Says Ethnicity 'Will Make Difference In Our Judging'"

http://www.hannity.com/articles/election-493995/flashback-justice-sonia-sotomayor-says-ethnicity-14790189/

The media and some in the Republican party continue their hand wringing over GOP presumptive nominee Donald Trump's suggestion that the "Mexican heritage" of the District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel may bias him as he presides over the Trump University Case. On Tuesday, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan added his voice to the chorus of critics when he said that Trump's remarks "the textbook definition of a racist comment."

However, is the idea that ethnicity could shape the judicial ideology of really as out-of-the-mainstream as critics suggest? One need look no further than the words of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor for evidence that it may not be.

During a speech given in 2001, Sotomayor herself suggested that her latino heritage played a role in her decision making.

snip

2. Recent USSC decision finding a man's sentencing trial was biased, since race was used picking jurors.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mechanicos

Cruz didn't do any "programming"... :silly:

The "beliefs" we hold are these:
Uphold the US Constitution
That why he filed an amicus brief in Heller vs DC saying gun control was constitutional.

Small Limited Government
He was for open borders & Globalism

End Corruption
Then why was he bankrolled by Gay Billionaires?

Lower Taxes
Never saw him do anything but talk on this.

Secure the Border - Enforce the already existing laws
Then why did he push for amnesty for 13 million of them?

God

Why did he lie about Carson?

Family

Why did he fail to denounce his PAC smearing Trumps wife?

Liberty
Saw nothing but talk.

Freedom
Same.

Privacy
Same.

The Cruz supporters I know, want a candidate who believes in those things too and LIVES THEM.  Someone who doesn't just give lip service and talking points, but who actually has literally DONE the work, to uphold those values and principles.  Someone who has integrity and honor and who understands and literally had led his life and career, in order to SERVE, those that elected him....WE THE PEOPLE.

I know there isn't a perfect candidate, but the one who came closest, who has a CONSISTENT PROVEN RECORD, is Ted Cruz.  I VOTED for him because I believe in him and none of the other candidates compared. 
So why were you supporting a Flip flopping amnesty pushing Globalist beholden to the the Gay Agenda lobby?

You want to talk about programming.  Trump supporters and those who follow lock step with the "party" brand, and fall in line behind what the elite establishment masters (and their sheeple) tell them to. ****sheep****

Yet you did not know Cruz was a phoney.

And primary votes don't tell the whole picture.  If you look at how many OPEN primaries there are, there were a LOT of Democrats and Independents who crossed over to vote for Trump.  That's a fact.  And I'd wager, those same tools, are going to be voting for Shrillery come November.

Yet Trump still beat the hell out of Cruz in closed primaries as well as open ones.

Other than that, I really could care less what makes sense to your dope ass. :chairbang:

Try goggling Cruz's Gay donors. Then watch your delusions fall apart.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
That why he filed an amicus brief in Heller vs DC saying gun control was constitutional.
He was for open borders & Globalism
Then why was he bankrolled by Gay Billionaires?
Never saw him do anything but talk on this.
Then why did he push for amnesty for 13 million of them?

Why did he lie about Carson?

Why did he fail to denounce his PAC smearing Trumps wife?
Saw nothing but talk.
Same.
Same.
So why were you supporting a Flip flopping amnesty pushing Globalist beholden to the the Gay Agenda lobby?

Yet you did not know Cruz was a phoney.

Yet Trump still beat the hell out of Cruz in closed primaries as well as open ones.

Try goggling Cruz's Gay donors. Then watch your delusions fall apart.
:silly:   All I can do is laugh at you.  ALL of your arguments are invalid.  Do you know why?

Because the things you accuse Cruz of, are bunk, for one.  And for another, you refuse to hold YOUR candidate to the same standards by which you measure Cruz.  So until you do that entirely, nothing you say, no argument you make, no statement you claim, can or will be taken seriously. :ignore:

You are a tool. ****sheep****

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A whole lot of sore losers pretending they can predict the future, know convention rules, etc.

And presuming there are a majority of delegates, that would carry a vote to change rules, unbind delegates, etc.

BTW Today Ryan said for Republicans to unite in support of Trump--presumably he would need to be one of the big leaders, of this #nevertrump Coup d'état
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

A whole lot of sore losers pretending they can predict the future, know convention rules, etc.

And presuming there are a majority of delegates, that would carry a vote to change rules, unbind delegates, etc.

BTW Today Ryan said for Republicans to unite in support of Trump--presumably he would need to be one of the big leaders, of this #nevertrump Coup d'état

Why would you presume that?  Is he one of the delegates on the rules committee?

Offline Mesaclone

Why would you presume that?  Is he one of the delegates on the rules committee?

No, he's just Speaker of the House and the leader of the convention...other than that just a regular schmoe.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mechanicos

:silly:   All I can do is laugh at you.  ALL of your arguments are invalid.  Do you know why?

Because the things you accuse Cruz of, are bunk, for one.  And for another, you refuse to hold YOUR candidate to the same standards by which you measure Cruz.  So until you do that entirely, nothing you say, no argument you make, no statement you claim, can or will be taken seriously. :ignore:

You are a tool. ****sheep****
denial is a river in Egypt.