Author Topic: Unconventional #18: Inside the new book that details how GOP delegates could wriggle out of nominating Trump (and more!)  (Read 7739 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I get your drift - Trump's a mobster and his minions are thugs ready to do his bidding.   You should be ashamed of yourself.

@Mechanicos

So what kind of supporter would say something threatening like that?    Now I could see a paid troll/campaign worker using that kind of language.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
But nobody hopes he's a savior. Like you with Cruz, his supporters believe he is the best man to turn the nation around and fix as much of what's broken as is feasibly possible. That's it.

Whether Hillary becomes president...and the polls show her tied with our GOP nominee...will depend on what WE all do moving forward. So we are ALL accountable for how WE impact the outcome via our actions from now till then. But quit fooling yourself that there are more than two choices...one of the party nominees WILL be president. Its Trump or its Clinton. That's it.
No, as a Cruz supporter, I support him because he has the most solid, consistent record of upholding the Constitution.  And because of his past, his record and his current behavior and principles, I have faith that he will work as hard as he can for WE THE PEOPLE, to REMOVE as much of the bloated, out of control government, OUT OF OUR WAY, so that WE THE PEOPLE can FIX this mess.

Government IS the problem. :chairbang:

Your candidate, and the Democrats candidates, just want to add more OF the problem TO the problem. 

I'll vote for whomever is best for this country.  I don't care if you don't like it, and I don't care if YOU say it's not a choice.  There ALWAYS is a choice to turn away from evil.  And the crop of crap running for President, is ALL evil. :smokin:

Offline Mechanicos

You better look up the law and already ruled upon court cases, including SCOTUS rulings, that say there are no bound delegates.
I did look them up. Bottom line a Delegate in violation of the National party rules (which include the Bound rules) can be removed and an alternate can be put in their place. So the stealth Cruz delegates can make all the meaningless votes outside the convention they want.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RoosGirl

And you better look up enforceable agreements which they all have obligating them to the State they represent.Most took money for the trip, thus its a contract.  They can vote however they want (not really, the RNC will remove them and put on an alternate) and they will suffer from their State for breaching the Agreement. Besides, there are so few of the Cruz people willing to risk it and Trump has a 300 Plus delegate cushion. I would not want to be a Cruz Cult Rules committee delegate angering over a thousand Trump supporters there inside with them at the Convention.

The truth is, the rules for this convention are whatever the rules committee decides they are just prior to the convention.  If there are enough people of a like mind, they could (could being the operative word here) decide that all delegates who vote conscience will have their vote counted as cast.  They *could* decide that to win on the first ballot the nominee needs 80% of the delegate count to win.  All this article is saying is that just because a convention rules were a certain way at past elections that does not necessarily mean they will be that way at this one.  And it gives the historical information to back that up.  Will Trump be usurped because of the rules committee making major changes?  I doubt it, but it *could* happen because the rules allow it.

Offline RoosGirl

I did look them up. Bottom line a Delegate in violation of the National party rules (which include the Bound rules) can be removed and an alternate can be put in their place. So the stealth Cruz delegates can make all the meaningless votes outside the convention they want.

Yes, and since the rules have not been set yet for this convention, there is a possibility, however remote, that anything could happen.

Offline Mechanicos

Paul Ryan said it clearly enough -  Trump's statement that Judge Curiel cannot be impartial merely because of his ethnicity is a textbook racist comment.
Problem is Trump never said ethnicity. Mexican is not Ethnicity either.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RedHead

Then what is it?

Offline driftdiver

Yes, and since the rules have not been set yet for this convention, there is a possibility, however remote, that anything could happen.

Six months ago it was a remote chance.  Today its probably 50/50 and Trump keeps pushing it closer.

Offline Mechanicos

Not really, when it comes to the Nomination the RNC has spoken and will enforce it.

Offline Mechanicos

Offline driftdiver

How can you continue to defend him on that subject?   You're arguing the definition of 'is' and its as stupid now as when Clinton did it. 

Offline Mechanicos

I get your drift - Trump's a mobster and his minions are thugs ready to do his bidding.   You should be ashamed of yourself.
Americans take a dim view of Thieves. That's  fact of life. No thuggery or anything else. They are going to piss off more people already on edge then is a good idea. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Trump says he can't be fairly judged by an American who is of Mexican heritage, or of the Muslim faith.   

You don't like the term racist?  Then how about just plain old bigot?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RoosGirl

Not really, when it comes to the Nomination the RNC has spoken and will enforce it.

Then why have a convention at all?

Offline Mechanicos

How can you continue to defend him on that subject?   You're arguing the definition of 'is' and its as stupid now as when Clinton did it.
Because I am an America Patriot and in the right here. You are defending people dedicated to retaking Western America for Mexico with the help of Globalists who want a North American Union with no borders. 

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
The 2012 rules would have the effect of obligatig delegates to vote as bound by state rules, if any apply, or in lieu of such a vote, recording the vote as if it were cast in accordance with state rules.

But a slight tweak to rule 16 (a)(2) would permit delegates to vote their consciences.  And who makes the rules?  The delegates!  This is why it was so utterly important for candidates to gain the actual delegate seats even if they were "bound" to another candidate.  If a coalition of delegates who don't worship the false god stumpy wants to overthrow the lying jackass stumpy, they may do so and throw the convention wide open.

I hate to say it, but even Jeb would be better than this raging, ranting bleep stumpy.  Wait a minute, I've got some dog shit on my shoe.  THAT would be a better president than lying, evil don.

Former Republican.

Offline Mechanicos

Then why have a convention at all?
Its a formality to finalize the Primary and do some house cleaning to address minor primary issues, socializing and politicking.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Because I am an America Patriot and in the right here. You are defending people dedicated to retaking Western America for Mexico with the help of Globalists who want a North American Union with no borders.

Wow the ol' NAU canard is back. Surprised you didn't throw in an "Amero" reference. This is like 2007-era conspiracy theory crap right here.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Americans take a dim view of Thieves. That's  fact of life. No thuggery or anything else. They are going to piss off more people already on edge then is a good idea.

So a delegate who votes his conscience - given all the new facts demonstrating Trump's bigotry and lack of fitness for office - is a thief? 

Then I say let's steal this damn thing. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RoosGirl

Its a formality to finalize the Primary and do some house cleaning to address minor primary issues, socializing and politicking.

LOL.  Okay.  History and court rulings say you're wrong, but okay.

Offline driftdiver

I think you mean in the left,  Trump has always been a liberal.

I'm not defending anyone let alone someone "dedicated to retaking Western America for Mexico".   If anyone is doing that its Trump because he's been giving money to those people.  Gosh the only thing you seem to do well is pick the wrong side of every argument.

Trump is a chump who is dangerous for America.

Offline Mechanicos

Trump says he can't be fairly judged by an American who is of Mexican heritage, or of the Muslim faith.   

You don't like the term racist?  Then how about just plain old bigot?   
The fact is he is right. A Judge who is loyal to Mexico not America or the US Constitution has already proven he cannot Judge fairly a person opposed to Mexico Retaking the Western United Stats. And a Muslim if devote follows Sharia law not the Constitution.

Facts are stubborn things that your broken race card cannot overcome.

Offline Mechanicos

LOL.  Okay.  History and court rulings say you're wrong, but okay.
Actually the Supreme Court said the National Party is the master of the Convention and can absolutely control who votes in it.

Offline flowers

The fact is he is right. A Judge who is loyal to Mexico not America or the US Constitution has already proven he cannot Judge fairly a person opposed to Mexico Retaking the Western United Stats. And a Muslim if devote follows Sharia law not the Constitution.

Facts are stubborn things that your broken race card cannot overcome.
That is spot on @Mechanicos

Offline Mechanicos

So a delegate who votes his conscience - given all the new facts demonstrating Trump's bigotry and lack of fitness for office - is a thief? 

Then I say let's steal this damn thing.
Anti Americans. fools and misinformed claim what he said was racial. When the Fact is they are the racists for claiming it was racial. Your opinion hes not fit for office is that of Democrats and a tiny fringe of Republicans who are partnered with the Democrats.