Author Topic: Healing the rift with the NeverTrump movement  (Read 14995 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Healing the rift with the NeverTrump movement
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2016, 11:17:26 pm »
If I really thought Trump wanted to take us back to the 1950's he would get my vote in a heartbeat.  Trouble is I don't believe that for a second! I believe that Trump and Hillary are the exact same except for their birth gender!

Exactly my thought.

It became clear to me after a few weeks that Trump was only mimicking what he thought a conservative would say or want to hear. It explains his 'deport em' position (which is spot on IMO) but also his initial reluctance to condemn David Duke and his comment that women seeking abortions should be prosecuted. He was a liberal playing at conservatism to win the primary.

And in the end he won't have done a damn thing to change the status quo.

Online libertybele

« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2016, 11:22:18 pm »
Exactly my thought.

It became clear to me after a few weeks that Trump was only mimicking what he thought a conservative would say or want to hear. It explains his 'deport em' position (which is spot on IMO) but also his initial reluctance to condemn David Duke and his comment that women seeking abortions should be prosecuted. He was a liberal playing at conservatism to win the primary.

And in the end he won't have done a damn thing to change the status quo.

His objective has never been to change the status quo but rather to keep the status quo.  The Washington cartel is very happy right now...except for those facing losing their seats this election cycle.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2016, 11:27:24 pm »
It's tough to refute a multitude of vague charges on a campaign video production. But if you'd like to roll one charge out at a time I'm certain each one can be demolished in detail. It wouldn't be the first time.

So, have at it. I'm sure we can do this again. Let's hear the first 'Cruz lied' charge.

Yeah, @Mechanicos, let's hear 'em. 

Wingnut

« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2016, 11:42:20 pm »
Isn't it sad?

Hillary wants to make us into Europe.  Trump wants to take us back to 1950.

Which is why I know Trump will not be elected President.  If he had been elected someone from the future would have been sent back in time to kill him.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:43:03 pm by Wingnut »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2016, 11:46:59 pm »
Then, why'd you ask?

I did not ask YOU.  You just jumped in assuming it would matter.   :shrug:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2016, 11:48:58 pm »
If I really thought Trump wanted to take us back to the 1950's he would get my vote in a heartbeat.  Trouble is I don't believe that for a second! I believe that Trump and Hillary are the exact same except for their birth gender!

I  am right there with you.

:amen:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2016, 12:30:40 am »
Isn't it sad?

Hillary wants to make us into Europe.  Trump wants to take us back to 1985.

Fixed that for you.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:31:21 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2016, 12:38:59 am »
Fixed that for you.

I really want you to enjoy this bump that Trump has gotten from winning the nomination.

When Bernie throws in the towel in a couple of weeks and his people come home to Hillary, Trump will be down 10 points.

So love the moment,
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2016, 12:41:31 am »
Same birth gender? Then both believe that LGBT bathroom garbage!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2016, 12:42:14 am »
You, on the other hand, are helping her out via action and/or inaction. So you all have the right to support/help her, but that comes with the responsibility for having done so....but your choice does not get to come free of responsibility, whether you "warned" people or not that you wouldn't vote for Trump. 

Well what are you going to do about it??  Threaten us with future action and intimidation?  Threaten to line us up and execute us for treason because we won't vote for your King Presumptive as some of your compatriots on other fora are suggesting?

So do as you will, its obvious you don't care what any of us think

Exactly correct. We don't give a rat's arse what you think.  Do what you think you need to do with your vote and stop telling us what we have to do with ours.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2016, 12:55:03 am »
Well what are you going to do about it??  Threaten us with future action and intimidation?  Threaten to line us up and execute us for treason because we won't vote for your King Presumptive as some of your compatriots on other fora are suggesting?

Exactly correct. We don't give a rat's arse what you think.  Do what you think you need to do with your vote and stop telling us what we have to do with ours.

Nope, just gonna do what we do in a Republic and tell you what in incredibly foolish mistake your making. You seem to want to feel as if you are under threat, as if some impending fascist takeover is imminent. Well...that would make you crazy. And I mean that quite literally. If you look at the nominee of either party and see fascism...well...you're a loon. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to criticize, but you've gone to aluminum foil country and don't seem to have a return ticket.

And these silly comments about being lined up and executed and "king presumptives" are indicative only of extreme paranoia and delusion. We are having an election. Your guy lost. The conservative party (GOP) has nominated a somewhat crass, wealthy, populist conservative as its nominee...admittedly one who is not as far right as you want him to be...and he is now running against a committed liberal for the presidency. Votes will decide and our government will continue to function with congress making law and the courts adjudicating it.

As far as who you vote for, again, its a Republic and I'm free to tell you all day long that you are making a foolish choice..and likewise, you remain free to do so. 

But again, if you are seeing fascism and making brownshirt analogies you're not a serious person. You either haven't bothered to study history sufficiently to understand what real fascism is and how it looks when it begins...or you are just delusional. I know not which.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:57:45 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online roamer_1

« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2016, 01:02:43 am »
The conservative party (GOP)

That's not Conservative

has nominated a somewhat crass, wealthy, populist conservative as its nominee...

And neither is that.

admittedly one who is not as far right as you want him to be...

Not 'right' at all.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:03:49 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2016, 01:33:35 am »
There's all kinds of videos out there.  This one just happens to be a clip from CNN indicating how Trump manipulates and lies; especially about Cruz.

CNN’s Jake Tapper did a short online video segment on the row between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz over the nude Melania Trump ad, going through the entire saga and then busting Trump for lying about Ted Cruz’s involvement in the ad.

Watch:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6diqb-rlcvc

I love how he dealt with Trump’s claim that Ted Cruz bought the rights to the ad. It turns out nobody did except the photographer!

Once again it’s clear Trump will say absolutely anything, no matter how false it is, just to defend himself and win.

We are in so much trouble if Trump wins the nomination

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/watch-cnns-jake-tapper-busts-donald-trump-over-lying-about-ted-cruz-and-melania-ad/#ixzz49Q38FqEY
Problem is DC whispers beat the CNN (yeah right that's a credible source now huh) spin by a mile.
http://dcwhispers.com/report-cruz-campaign-prepared-sex-scandal-story-several-weeks/#AJoswBgC2KtGEf4S.99

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2016, 01:41:29 am »
Trump could start healing the rift by not saying dumb sh*t like this:

What the hell does that even mean?

"I don't want to have guns in classrooms, although in some cases teachers should have guns in classrooms, frankly.  Because ...things that are going on in our schools are unbelievable.  I'm not advocating guns in classrooms.  But remember in some cases...trained teachers should be able to have guns in classrooms."

What it means is Trump is mentally disturbed.  He can't think through a problem to know what he believes.  No one will ever know where he stands on anything because he doesn't know himself.  He just talks and people transfer what they want on him.  He is a  Chameleon, changing colors all the time and people grab on to a sentence and believe that color is true.  Then, the next day the color changes but the people believe the color of the day before or they don't hear/see the new color.

Trump the Chameleon, a rainbow of colors changing all the time.  I'm voting Libertarian,  Gary Johnson, former governor of New Mexico, I know his Libertarian non-changing color.
@CatherineofAragon
@Bigun
@kartographer
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:43:19 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2016, 01:42:07 am »
Yeah, @Mechanicos, let's hear 'em.
Why? When we show you irrefutable evidence he lied it goes into a memory hole Like this one that cannot be Rebutted with any Credibility:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/04/cruz-carson-email-trump-iowa-cnn/

Cruz lied and was busted by hard evidence as shown in that link.

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2016, 01:43:05 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2016, 01:44:11 am »
"I don't want to have guns in classrooms, although in some cases teachers should have guns in classrooms, frankly.  Because ...things that are going on in our schools are unbelievable.  I'm not advocating guns in classrooms.  But remember in some cases...trained teachers should be able to have guns in classrooms."

What it means is Trump is mentally disturbed.  He can't think through a problem to know what he believes.  No one will ever know where he stands on anything because he doesn't know himself.  He just talks and people transfer what they want on him.  He is a  Chameleon, changing colors all the time and people grab on to a sentence and believe that color is true.  Then, the next day the color changes but the people believe the color of the day before or they don't hear/see the new color.

Trump the Chameleon, a rainbow of colors changing all the time.  I'm voting Libertarian,  Gary Johnson, former governor of New Mexico, I know his Libertarian non-changing color.
Its called Common Sense. Adults aka Teachers armed not the children. Really this one makes #neverTrump look desperate and asinine...

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2016, 01:45:01 am »
Problem is DC whispers beat the CNN (yeah right that's a credible source now huh) spin by a mile.
http://dcwhispers.com/report-cruz-campaign-prepared-sex-scandal-story-several-weeks/#AJoswBgC2KtGEf4S.99

DC Whispers?  Seriously?  That's right up there with Ulsterman.   :silly:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2016, 01:47:02 am »
DC Whispers?  Seriously?  That's right up there with Ulsterman.   :silly:
At least they got the timing right, The Trump Wife Smear came out First and nobody can deny that. Yet CNN tried.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2016, 01:55:41 am »

He's employing a really strange rift-healing tactic.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2016, 01:58:09 am »

@CatherineofAragon
@Bigun
@kartographer

Right there with you my dear!
 :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2016, 01:59:19 am »
You have to understand that the "hate", "hater" zeitgeist now being used by the Trump-Believers, is a talking point weapon from the Marxist Left used to ridicule and silence anyone who dares to disagree with a position, agenda or person.

The Trumpians use that as ardently as any Leftist pro-abortionist/Obama drone does to shield their sacred cows and set the narrative on every fora they populate.

When someone accuses me of "hating" Trump, I put them on the ignore list as they are stuck in Trump speak and to me, have no credibility.  I believe Trump has a mental disorder and will not vote for a demented person.  That is not hate, that is my decision based on his behavior.
@CatherineofAragon
@Bigun
@kartographer

geronl

« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2016, 02:11:59 am »
Calling conservatives who don't back Trump "traitors" proves there will be no healing this rift.

1. You can't be a traitor to a person.

2. Definitely not someone as horrible as Trump.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2016, 02:19:24 am »
Its called Common Sense. Adults aka Teachers armed not the children. Really this one makes #neverTrump look desperate and asinine...

That's one of the dumbest effing things I've ever read on this forum. 

So absolutely no guns in the classroom, except for teachers, but definitely not children.

To quote a Polish sage:  "That's dumbski-asski."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:19:53 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2016, 02:20:41 am »
Nope, just gonna do what we do in a Republic and tell you what in incredibly foolish mistake your making.

Tell all you like.  I plan to do the same.

You seem to want to feel as if you are under threat, as if some impending fascist takeover is imminent.

If it walks, talks and squawks like a duck….. it's a duck.  Fascism as institutionalized ala Mussolini is already here and growing in strength and practice.  Cognitive dissonance being a prime facet of your posts means you will pretend otherwise and delude yourselves with the comfortable lies you tell yourselves.  You already do it with your king Presumptive so pretending and insisting this country still operates like a Constitutional republic is not surprising.

Well...that would make you crazy. And I mean that quite literally.

Badge of honor for me.   Self-appointed intellectuals from another zealous mob beholden to a cult of a personality said the same thing about the writers and editors at the Munich Post for years too.  Time proved them right and prophetic, even after they were killed for it.  History has excellent lessons you continuously choose to ignore and believe is not repeating.

If you look at the nominee of either party and see fascism...well...you're a loon.

I see a Populist Nationalist Fascist from one end of the Uniparty and a Marxist Communist from the other end of the Uniparty.  If I'm a loon based on that observation, I submit you an ignorant imbecile for failing to recognize what they are.

And these silly comments about being lined up and executed and "king presumptives" are indicative only of extreme paranoia and delusion.

Who are you again?  Nobody?  What you say or think matters about as much to me as last year's compost pile in the back woods.

We are having an election.

If that's what you want to call it. 

The conservative party (GOP) has nominated a somewhat crass, wealthy, populist conservative as its nominee

BWAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :bigsilly: :laughingdog: :laughingdog: 000hehehehe

And you have the gall to accuse me of lunacy and delusion????? 

Votes will decide and our government will continue to function with congress making law and the courts adjudicating it.

Congress making law?????  Courts adjudicating????

How stupid do you think we are?? We know what the reality is.  A pen and phone make law.  Congress surrender's it's power to the Executive.  Alphabet agencies make law via policy.  Courts make law by Activist judges.  Everything else is lip service to what you pretend we still operate under.

But here you preach and pretend that I'm the lunatic and delusional one because we won't vote for your anointed one and because I dare declare that this is a Post-Constitutional Fascist mobocracy run by a dictatorship empowered by an oligarchy.

But then again - you're the guy who thinks the GOP is a Conservative party and that Trump is a Conservative. 

Yet you tell everyone that I am the delusional lunatic.  Project much?

But again, if you are seeing fascism and making brownshirt analogies you're not a serious person.

Who are you again? Right, the guy attempting to convince everyone that the GOP and Trump are Conservative.  What were you saying about being a serious person? 

You either haven't bothered to study history sufficiently to understand what real fascism is and how it looks when it begins...or you are just delusional. I know not which.

I have family that lived it.  I've heard the stories and warnings since I was a kid by family who suffered under those shadows.  They know what it looks like and how it begins. 

But since you have demonstrated your preference to redefine words, terms, histories and meanings to massage your own self importance and loft attributes upon your King Presumptive that he does not possess, your opinion of my understanding of history has as much worth and value to me as the giant turd my GSD just pooped out back.

But please, continue to join the Godless Marxists in declaring me delusional and worse.

I wear such insults coming from purveyors of lies and political spin such as yourself as badges of honor and revel in your silly and sad attempts to ridicule and castigate.  It's like full contact sparring with a White belt.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775