Author Topic: Healing the rift with the NeverTrump movement  (Read 14960 times)

Offline washi

Re: Healing the rift with the NeverTrump movement
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2016, 09:16:56 pm »
So by your logic my not voting for Hitlery is a vote for Trump.
Logic is logic.
It's not mine, yours or anyone's. It just is.
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

Offline washi

« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2016, 09:19:20 pm »
@mystery-ak

Do you think I'm a "starry-eyed dullard"?
Sorry. Yes.

Offline washi

« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2016, 09:21:14 pm »
Should not be so disrespectfully dismissed. Continuing to re-litigate the primaries, with name calling is a waste of time.

Hopefully Cruz and his supporters have learned some lessons, along those lines.

Dismissals of voters, with "New York Values" quips and "stary-eyed dullards," quips is not a winning strategy.
We've already lost.
Why start trying to win the dullards over now?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2016, 09:21:57 pm »
Should not be so disrespectfully dismissed. Continuing to re-litigate the primaries, with name calling is a waste of time.

Dismissals of voters, with "New York Values" quips and "stary-eyed dullards," quips is not a winning strategy.

Neither is the dismissal of Conservatives who will not vote for Trump with "Traitors", "Bottom feeders", "Paid shills for Hillary", "Communist Enablers", "Butthurt morons", "Petulant children", "Lyin' Ted's Worshippers",etc., etc., etc.

Let's just cut to the quick and be done with it: this rift is NEVER going to heal.  We are hopelessly and forever divided due to the antics of Trump, the Marxist Left and the Sycophantic Mainstream Media that is pandering both wannabe dictators to the American people.  Notwithstanding the redefinition of what a Conservative is by the online army of supporters for Trump that have gone to great lengths to redefine what Conservatism is by grafting in the northeastern liberal values that make Trump who he is.   Then the whitewash of Trump's entire Liberal-Leftist supporting record, including his funding of the Clintons not that long ago as political genius and savvy.

The truth of the matter is that the hatred between these factions are greater for one another than they are for Hildabeast, Obama or the Ruling Class Establishment, and we are witnessing everything from web forum purges to open death threats being flung.

So there is no coming back from this, because everyone has been hopelessly played like violins and everyone thinks you can stop an oligarchy, a dictatorship and mob rule by civil means by doing nothing more than casting a ballot.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2016, 09:29:32 pm »
Neither is the dismissal of Conservatives who will not vote for Trump with "Traitors", "Bottom feeders", "Paid shills for Hillary", "Communist Enablers", "Butthurt morons", "Petulant children", "Lyin' Ted's Worshippers",etc., etc., etc.

Let's just cut to the quick and be done with it: this rift is NEVER going to heal.  We are hopelessly and forever divided due to the antics of Trump, the Marxist Left and the Sycophantic Mainstream Media that is pandering both wannabe dictators to the American people.  Notwithstanding the redefinition of what a Conservative is by the online army of supporters for Trump that have gone to great lengths to redefine what Conservatism is by grafting in the northeastern liberal values that make Trump who he is.   Then the whitewash of Trump's entire Liberal-Leftist supporting record, including his funding of the Clintons not that long ago as political genius and savvy.

The truth of the matter is that the hatred between these factions are greater for one another than they are for Hildabeast, Obama or the Ruling Class Establishment, and we are witnessing everything from web forum purges to open death threats being flung.

So there is no coming back from this, because everyone has been hopelessly played like violins and everyone thinks you can stop an oligarchy, a dictatorship and mob rule by civil means by doing nothing more than casting a ballot.

I agree entirely.

If you are a small-government conservative, whether libertarian, Constitutionalist, or faith-based Republican, the hard truth is that the GOP either needs to rid itself of Trumpism, or else we will need to find a new party to represent us.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2016, 09:31:05 pm »
I agree entirely.

If you are a small-government conservative, whether libertarian, Constitutionalist, or faith-based Republican, the hard truth is that the GOP either needs to rid itself of Trumpism, or else we will need to find a new party to represent us.

Whoop!  There it is!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2016, 09:35:10 pm »
It's tough to refute a multitude of vague charges on a campaign video production. But if you'd like to roll one charge out at a time I'm certain each one can be demolished in detail. It wouldn't be the first time.

So, have at it. I'm sure we can do this again. Let's hear the first 'Cruz lied' charge.

I looked at a few minutes of the video and what I saw led me to the conclusion that it is slick piece of propaganda and editing, the clips compare apples and oranges and are not dated.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2016, 09:41:55 pm »
There's all kinds of videos out there.  This one just happens to be a clip from CNN indicating how Trump manipulates and lies; especially about Cruz.

CNN’s Jake Tapper did a short online video segment on the row between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz over the nude Melania Trump ad, going through the entire saga and then busting Trump for lying about Ted Cruz’s involvement in the ad.

Watch:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6diqb-rlcvc

I love how he dealt with Trump’s claim that Ted Cruz bought the rights to the ad. It turns out nobody did except the photographer!

Once again it’s clear Trump will say absolutely anything, no matter how false it is, just to defend himself and win.

We are in so much trouble if Trump wins the nomination

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/watch-cnns-jake-tapper-busts-donald-trump-over-lying-about-ted-cruz-and-melania-ad/#ixzz49Q38FqEY

Thanks so much for posting this. Lie after lie from Trump's lying mouth. All proved to be lies. Trump has no character.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2016, 10:00:46 pm »

1. I personally do not hate anybody in the context of politics.
2. You are doing better, by leaving out the bits about Nazi and Communist.

In the words of Coach/Owner Al Davis, "Win, baby win."

We will be better off with Trump, that with Hillary. I accept it is not everybody's idea of perfect, though.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2016, 10:15:43 pm »
He already has the base supporting him. So not sure what you mean with this statement.

ROTFLMAO!!!

IRL, I personally know about 30-50 people that voted for Romney. Out of hundreds, so not a very strong showing, but there it is.

Do you know how many I know that are intending to vote for Trump? TWO. Yes, you read that right - T-W-O.
My brother is in TN and reports likewise
My cousins in MS, KS, and CO report likewise.

I can go right now down to Wallyworld and scan for Trump bumper stickers, and I will guarantee I will find less than four (which was my one-time high record)... Likely I will find one or none.

I have never, even yet, seen a 'Make America Great Again' ball-cap.

BELIEVE ME, you don't have the base. not even close. You haven't had the base since W's first term, and that only barely. Shoot, more Conservatives stand outside your party than in it (including me).

All he lacks now is a hard core among the elites and a few bitter extremists who are angry over Cruz losing. Maybe 10% of the party at most. That said, in a close election that will matter, but lets be VERY clear...that group is anything but the "core" of the party. It is, in fact, the angry fringe...a fringe that believes it should be able to dictate to the other 90% of the party exactly who it can and cannot nominate.

What could have been a 60m strong turnout of the Christian Right will not happen (yet again) this season. You'll be lucky to get what Romney got. That's hardly 'fringe'. And you won't be getting them. Trying to make that up by going up the RINO middle just ain't gonna happen (Just_like_always).

And any anger over Cruz is incidental - I vote for Conservative principles, according to the record. The bare fact of the matter is that your candidate is woefully lacking across the board (starting with his character). There is no way I would vote for him, with or without Cruz - He just doesn't measure up. There is nothing at all you (or he) can do to change that, because his promises are weighted by his record... and his record renders his promises null.

Since I vote for Conservatives, I guess the Constitution Party will get my vote this year... And many I know will be fishing or hunting instead.

A fringe that is loyal only to itself, and believes the rest of us can go jump off a cliff if we don't agree with their choice.

No, it is loyal to the principles of Conservatism. And has been so for half a century. It isn't like you can't see it coming. And it isn't as if you weren't warned. This end is entirely predictable.

Not an easy bunch to share a coalition with, because they believe they are 100% right on everything and the rest of us in the party are RINO's, sycophants, and/or immoral idiots.

It's a simple, simple thing - all you need to do is vote for a candidate that embraces our values and principles along with your own. That's what coalitions DO.  Your current offering most decidedly does not embrace those principles... Just another Back East RINO. SOSDD.

Next time, give us someone we can vote *for*. You can have your celebrity, so you can still get all googley-eyed... He's just got to be a Conservative too... Because we don't swoon over the man. We will always look to principles of Conservatism, according to his record (not his promises)

That's how we roll, and you dang well oughta know it by now.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2016, 10:22:46 pm »
Take ownership of this one.  This is all on you Trumpsters.   

No its not. We ARE voting for the GOP nominee running against Hillary. You, on the other hand, are helping her out via action and/or inaction. So you all have the right to support/help her, but that comes with the responsibility for having done so. What you seem to want is to take action that helps Hillary, but disclaim your responsibility for that action because you dislike the GOP nominee. But you simply can't have both. Neither can we pro-Trump people for that matter, had Cruz won the onus would have been on us to support the nominee...or...by action/inaction taking responsibility for putting Hillary in the White House.

So do as you will, its obvious you don't care what any of us think...but your choice does not get to come free of responsibility, whether you "warned" people or not that you wouldn't vote for Trump. That's because other party members and conservatives are also free to vote for the nominee of their choosing. Once that happens in there is a winner, we are all fully responsible for our general election vote...or lack thereof.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:29:42 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2016, 10:25:01 pm »
The RNC caused this by monkeying with the rules.  Trump received 22% more delegates than he received votes.  This nomination would have gone to the Convention if not for that process.  This election might could have been saved, but the stacking of the deck by the RNC gave us Trump.

The Trump engineers demanded everyone to get on the Trump train or get run over.  Well, they chugged right over all to give Hillary the keys to the station house.

Actions have consequences.  Next time possibly people will think a bit and do some research before listening to the Pied Piper's tune.  Doubtful, as we don't learn from our mistakes as is witnessed by history.

If 40% of the registered voters in this country are Republicans and 40% voted for Trump, that equates to 16% of the voters running amok to give us Trump if we cave and he is elected.  The primary process must be changed to prevent such a calamity befalling the country again.

My good sir, we are waaaay past the point where we can arrest and correct the course we are on via the ballot box and the electoral process.

Lawlessness, corruption and tyranny is never stopped via civil means.  Never.

Not in all human history.

We would be fools to think that voting for another cult of personality, much less any one man to the top spot is going to reverse where we have arrived.

Perception being reality - the people view the Presidency as a monarchy/dictatorship - and both the far Left and the Populists have been calling on their political saviors to act as such in the name of saving the people, the planet, the minorities, the country, or the downtrodden.

As John Adams rightly noted, the Constitution was meant only for a religious and moral people.  It was wholly inadequate to govern any other kind of people. 

And we are no longer the people the Founders knew it would take to maintain the Declaration and the Constitution.

The evidence is everywhere you look and read today.

Denying it is simply Normacly Bias afflicting the ability to accept a harsh reality because we have been blessed with prosperity for so long and have grown ignorant of our own history, culture and purpose as intended.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2016, 10:27:22 pm »
Great observation from Dorothy Rabinowitz on The Journal Editorial Report today:"Sanders and Trump supporters have  this in common, they don't question their leader and their candidates don't question their behavior."

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2016, 10:33:18 pm »
Great observation from Dorothy Rabinowitz on The Journal Editorial Report today:"Sanders and Trump supporters have  this in common, they don't question their leader and their candidates don't question their behavior."

This little meme about Trump followers unquestionably following their leader is the worst kind of canard...and is a traditional liberal MO for insulting conservatives. Its been used against Limbaugh fans for 20 years, or anyone who watches Fox news...they claim all cons to be dittoheads and gullible nimrods who blindly follow GOP conmen. Its always been the refuge of idiots and liars to proclaim the "other side" consists of mindless sheep. Its ironic, because it is always the true sheep or quickest to throw out such claims. You really should be embarrassed.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2016, 10:34:40 pm »
Sorry. Yes.

No need to apologize.  Your opinion means less than nothing to me. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2016, 10:39:13 pm »

We will be better off with Trump, that with Hillary.

I disagree. 

Trump will be the final executioner of true Reagan Conservatism as having any relevance in public life in this country ever again.

He will be the one to bury it forever and render it completely irrelevant.

Hillary doesn't have that power, and never will have that power.

The Trump faithful have already demonstrated that Trump does have that power, as they redefine Conservatism to fit Trump.

For those of us voting third party or writing in an actual Conservative this November - we see a Nationalist Populist Fascist as equally destructive to liberty as a Marxist Communist.

Given what we have experienced from the Trump faithful - the immediate clear and present danger to Conservatives is going to come from fanatics for Trump who are already calling for him to act as dictator and line up us #nevertrump "traitors" and execute us for treason.  Haven't read that kind of threat from Hillary's mob of Alinskyites yet.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2016, 10:40:29 pm »

So do as you will, its obvious you don't care what any of us think...but your choice does not get to come free of responsibility, whether you "warned" people or not that you wouldn't vote for Trump. That's because other party members and conservatives are also free to vote for the nominee of their choosing. Once that happens in there is a winner, we are all fully responsible for our general election vote...or lack thereof.

So what are you Trumpkins going to do?  Become more obnoxious than you already are?

Trump said he doesn't need us, so go win this with your boy without us.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2016, 10:55:40 pm »
My good sir, we are waaaay past the point where we can arrest and correct the course we are on via the ballot box and the electoral process.

Lawlessness, corruption and tyranny is never stopped via civil means.  Never.

Not in all human history.

We would be fools to think that voting for another cult of personality, much less any one man to the top spot is going to reverse where we have arrived.

Perception being reality - the people view the Presidency as a monarchy/dictatorship - and both the far Left and the Populists have been calling on their political saviors to act as such in the name of saving the people, the planet, the minorities, the country, or the downtrodden.

As John Adams rightly noted, the Constitution was meant only for a religious and moral people.  It was wholly inadequate to govern any other kind of people. 

And we are no longer the people the Founders knew it would take to maintain the Declaration and the Constitution.

The evidence is everywhere you look and read today.

Denying it is simply Normacly Bias afflicting the ability to accept a harsh reality because we have been blessed with prosperity for so long and have grown ignorant of our own history, culture and purpose as intended.

I agree with you for the most part.  There are many who realize that we are a Republic within a Democracy, not a monarchy or a dictatorship.  The left has done a very good job at burying the foundation and principles upon which this country was founded; just look at he curriculum and text book changes over the years in our schools. Secondly, there are still a lot of Constitutional conscious people with religious and moral values.  IMHO, that is why there is such a divide right now going into the general election and that is why there are so many who have drawn the conclusion that we have two liberal candidates to chose from.  I do believe that Cruz would have made a difference and he was our last chance and our last hope.  There are many Trump supporters who feel the same way; they feel he will save this country.

You stated that "lawlessness, corruption and tyranny is never stopped via civil means.  Never."  Many have worked very diligently to try to change  that corruption by civil means.  That's where the premise of voting down ballot has come in, a Constitutional Convention, keeping our conservative governors, etc.  In listening years ago to one of Dr. Ron Paul's speeches, he eluded to the fact that it may very well take more than action at the ballot box.

“America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
    -- Dr. Ron Paul

I myself, am still hopeful for a silent revolution.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2016, 10:56:11 pm »
No its not. We ARE voting for the GOP nominee running against Hillary. You, on the other hand, are helping her out via action and/or inaction. So you all have the right to support/help her, but that comes with the responsibility for having done so. What you seem to want is to take action that helps Hillary, but disclaim your responsibility for that action because you dislike the GOP nominee. But you simply can't have both. Neither can we pro-Trump people for that matter, had Cruz won the onus would have been on us to support the nominee...or...by action/inaction taking responsibility for putting Hillary in the White House.

This is no longer about supporting the GOP Candidate.  The GOP is dead. Dead and gone.  It died the day a con man convinced a bunch of well meaning but very misguided rubes he was a conservative that could lead them back to the good old days.   

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2016, 10:56:52 pm »

Given what we have experienced from the Trump faithful - the immediate clear and present danger to Conservatives is going to come from fanatics for Trump who are already calling for him to act as dictator and line up us #nevertrump "traitors" and execute us for treason.  Haven't read that kind of threat from Hillary's mob of Alinskyites yet.

Again, I would love to see some links showing people saying those things -

"fanatics for Trump who are already calling for him to act as dictator and line up us #nevertrump "traitors" and execute us for treason. "

Those are very seriously horrible things for anybody to say - as a Trump supporter, I have never seen any of my fellow Trumpers say anything like that to anyone.  Maybe I just don't frequent those kind of sites and just don't see them.

Got links?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Wingnut

« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2016, 10:59:17 pm »

You have gone over the edge and are now part of the lunatic fringe.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2016, 11:02:22 pm »
This is no longer about supporting the GOP Candidate.  The GOP is dead. Dead and gone.  It died the day a con man convinced a bunch of well meaning but very misguided rubes he was a conservative that could lead them back to the good old days.

Isn't it sad?

Hillary wants to make us into Europe.  Trump wants to take us back to 1950.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline washi

« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2016, 11:09:22 pm »
Then, why'd you ask?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2016, 11:10:03 pm »
Isn't it sad?

Hillary wants to make us into Europe.  Trump wants to take us back to 1950.

If I really thought Trump wanted to take us back to the 1950's he would get my vote in a heartbeat.  Trouble is I don't believe that for a second! I believe that Trump and Hillary are the exact same except for their birth gender!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2016, 11:15:55 pm »
If I really thought Trump wanted to take us back to the 1950's he would get my vote in a heartbeat.  Trouble is I don't believe that for a second! I believe that Trump and Hillary are the exact same except for their birth gender!

:beer: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.