Author Topic: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race  (Read 68213 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2016, 01:59:01 am »
He's not running for the Nice Guy of the Year Award. I believe him to be a strong leader, determined to do the things he's campaigned on. Many of you do not, but that does not make those of us who disagree with you either deluded or immoral. It simply means that, having seen all of the same evidence you have, we've reached a very different conclusion.

Gonna leave you to gloat tonight.  Will be your last chance so enjoy it.

#Never Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2016, 01:59:57 am »
@Silver Pines
No, Trump is literally crazy and I will not vote for him.
If Bernie Sanders is the Dem. candidate, I will vote for him as he is not crazy.

Actually, after Ted Cruz...Bernie is the most honest candidate left.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2016, 02:00:07 am »
The next President will be Hillary Clinton or Not Hillary Clinton. Your vote will be part of what decides that.
I must have missed the constitutional amendment where they changed it to a Yes or No vote.

Honestly, that would be nice. But the fact is, we have more than two choices. The only thing holding the parties together is unified opposition. But when both candidates are reprehensible, it's time to break that dynamic.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2016, 02:01:42 am »
And yet we must try.

It is always darker before the dawn. The next four years are seeming to be very dark.

I appreciate your encouragement.  The temptation in this darkness is to just give up.

This is exactly how I felt both in 2008 and 2012.  I may have been a hopeless optimist, but I never thought the Republican party would nominate someone as openly leftist and utterly corrupt as Donald Trump.

I can't help the feeling that there just aren't enough of us left to turn things around....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WAC

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2016, 02:02:21 am »
Feel kind of sad, he gave it the good fight.  Maybe sometime in the future, who knows.

Cruz had another goal in his run and that was to 'inform the people of this nation'......he did just that every day for months now and prior....in that he was successful .....so now no voter can say they didn't know the truth about this government and this country and what's going on  he did the job and did that well.....But they chose to follow "all that glitters" and what "tickled their itchy ears"......so be it.

Will be interesting to see what happens now at convention.......??????.....

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2016, 02:02:49 am »
I appreciate your encouragement.  The temptation in this darkness is to just give up.

This is exactly how I felt both in 2008 and 2012.  I may have been a hopeless optimist, but I never thought the Republican party would nominate someone as openly leftist and utterly corrupt as Donald Trump.

I can't help the feeling that there just aren't enough of us left to turn things around....

I have absolutely no faith, in the American voter.   You can’t stop a nation from burning to the ground, when its people are determined, to light it on fire.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2016, 02:03:33 am »
We had a chance to turn the tide on Progressivism with Cruz, and instead we embraced a true Progressive in Donald Trump.
The left has won.  The country is over.

Agree.  Unless God intervenes and stops Trump, the country is dead.  Really, if Sanders were to beat Hillary, I will vote for him because he is not a crazy idiot as Trump is.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2016, 02:05:01 am »
I must have missed the constitutional amendment where they changed it to a Yes or No vote.

Honestly, that would be nice. But the fact is, we have more than two choices. The only thing holding the parties together is unified opposition. But when both candidates are reprehensible, it's time to break that dynamic.

Sometimes all you need is common sense. That's not in the constitution either, but is true nonetheless. Voting as your asserting doesn't break any dynamic...it reinforces it by putting the Dem nominee in the White House.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2016, 02:05:56 am »
Well, I thought Mitt was okay and didn't appreciate those who spoke him down at every turn and was indifferent to McCain.  I will vote my conscience, I thought Trump was not too bad at one time but am not as enthused any longer.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2016, 02:06:43 am »
He's not running for the Nice Guy of the Year Award. I believe him to be a strong leader, determined to do the things he's campaigned on. Many of you do not, but that does not make those of us who disagree with you either deluded or immoral. It simply means that, having seen all of the same evidence you have, we've reached a very different conclusion.

Here is the other thing King Trumpy will do if elected..... he will tell the public that it costs way to much to deport all of the illegals and then just let the good ones come back legal.   There is no reason to deport them.... we'll just make "the good ones" legal.   You can bet the house on that..... everything you have.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2016, 02:07:41 am »
Ann Coulter revealed all today, when she said "I don't care about conservatism".  Neither do Republican voters anymore. I can no longer call it the GOP, The Grand Old Party. It is now just the Old Party. Replaced by The Populist Party, which Donald Trump will forever be called the founder. It's a damn shame.  What must Lincoln be thinking?

I am a Constitutional conservative and a Christian I supported Trump over Cruz because of that. yes hes not 100 percent ideological. Howver the things hes getting beat up on are not areas the President has any Constitutional authority. As far as social issues the 3 areas the Cultural Marxists used to destroy our culture was the Courts, Education and elimination of Christianity from the pubic venue. To reverse this attack we need a president that addresses these government issues. Trump was first in this campaign to list conservative judges he would nominate. He was the first to push for making education local control, He was the first to promise to protect religious liberty. He may not be the most conservative, or Christian, but his agenda as shown fits what we need.

He has been decades consistent on the trade problems, he came out against BLM, he wants to break up the MSM, close the border, stop the muslim invasion, etc. in all he was the first to make them issues this election. If we get any of them we will be better off then with somebody who could do nothing because of debt to large donors.

here is a couple videos and stuff to counter the denials and disbelief:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHwLaOloh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuDT42wNa18
http://dennismichaellynch.com/must-see-donald-trumps-position-on-the-blm/
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3421722/posts?page=722#722

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzjiW4U4V9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
many more.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2016, 02:09:54 am »
We had a chance to turn the tide on Progressivism with Cruz, and instead we embraced a true Progressive in Donald Trump.

I was so optimistic at the beginning of the primaries.  I thought we had an excellent chance to elect a conservative, principled President and add to the numbers of true conservatives in the House and Senate. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2016, 02:10:22 am »
I have absolutely no faith, in the American voter.   You can’t stop a nation from burning to the ground, when its people are determined, to light it on fire.

Exactly,  what was I saying yesterday? UK and maybe even France have better leaders.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2016, 02:11:33 am »
I was so optimistic at the beginning of the primaries.  I thought we had an excellent chance to elect a conservative, principled President and add to the numbers of true conservatives in the House and Senate.

Well, what are the spinmeisters and talking heads saying? We still have a convention to go through.

Online libertybele

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2016, 02:12:53 am »
I'm not optimistic about that, Fantom.  After eight years of leftist Obama, the two parties are nominating two who share his ideology.

There doesn't seem to be much hope that Americans will wake up by 2020.

Tonight is a very sad night.  I feel America has lost their only hope with Cruz dropping out of the race.  I commend him, admire him and he gave it his all.  He should be extremely proud of himself.  He showed tremendous tenacity, class, and integrity and he never wavered from his core principles.  I found it interesting that Trump stated that Cruz was one hell of a competitor and has an amazing future ahead of him.  I know I am dreaming, but if Trump does become our president, I hope that he does the right thing and appoints Cruz as a Supreme Court justice.

As for the hope that Americans wake up by 2020...I'm hoping this country makes it that long.  Things look very bleak right now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2016, 02:13:13 am »
Sometimes all you need is common sense. That's not in the constitution either, but is true nonetheless. Voting as your asserting doesn't break any dynamic...it reinforces it by putting the Dem nominee in the White House.
So are you trying to tell me the Democrat automatically gets the White House unless explicitly stated otherwise?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2016, 02:14:11 am »
@Silver Pines
No, Trump is literally crazy and I will not vote for him.
If Bernie Sanders is the Dem. candidate, I will vote for him as he is not crazy.

Can't believe I would say this but it couldn't be worse.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2016, 02:14:34 am »
Don't worry about us.  We're only a few, insignificant voters, and Trump will bring you the world. 

You are correct, that you won't be able to find us.
Or, Who is John Galt?
#NeverTrump
Victoria33

Offline musiclady

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2016, 02:14:44 am »

This was our year.  Our chance to turn things around, with so many good candidates who were conservative.

But a minority of non-conservative Republicans threw our chance away by voting for a leftist buffoon without a single principled bone in his body.

What a waste.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline PROCON

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2016, 02:16:56 am »
Well, what are the spinmeisters and talking heads saying? We still have a convention to go through.

The Electoral map doesn't favor Trump, it'll be a miracle if Hitlery isn't elected.

Online libertybele

« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2016, 02:17:09 am »

Trump is only 200 or so delegates away from reaching the magic number of 1237.  He will be our nominee.  There won't be a contested or brokered convention.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2016, 02:17:32 am »
This was our year.  Our chance to turn things around, with so many good candidates who were conservative.

But a minority of non-conservative Republicans threw our chance away by voting for a leftist buffoon without a single principled bone in his body.

What a waste.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2016, 02:18:30 am »
Tonight is a very sad night.  I feel America has lost their only hope with Cruz dropping out of the race.  I commend him, admire him and he gave it his all.  He should be extremely proud of himself.  He showed tremendous tenacity, class, and integrity and he never wavered from his core principles.  I found it interesting that Trump stated that Cruz was one hell of a competitor and has an amazing future ahead of him.  I know I am dreaming, but if Trump does become our president, I hope that he does the right thing and appoints Cruz as a Supreme Court justice.

As for the hope that Americans wake up by 2020...I'm hoping this country makes it that long.  Things look very bleak right now.

Agree.

Think about what our public schools are pumping out.......... a bunch of mind-numbed robots who have completely swallowed the leftist line.  (Some of whom probably voted for leftist Trump).

There are fewer and fewer thinking people out there (again, as evidenced by this disastrous primary), and the idea that we will be a smarter more conservative country by 2020 just doesn't seem possible.

Online libertybele

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2016, 02:18:41 am »

What a waste.

Exactly ... it is sickening.  We came very, very close.

#NeverTrump

Offline Fantom

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2016, 02:18:49 am »

Strangely, I am at peace.  We did what we could, so did Ted.

Now, a tempest of Statism rolls down upon us.. no matter who wins. All we can do is resist and prepare for the storm. Take care of our People..our loved ones and ..most importantly..Not lie down.

Obviously it is going to get worse....resist. But stay happy.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass