Author Topic: Priebus slams Never Trump movement, calls for GOP unity  (Read 7815 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Priebus slams Never Trump movement, calls for GOP unity
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2016, 09:11:21 pm »
He certainly isn't defending Cruz in the anti-Cruz threads.  So he has no GOP candidate...   :pondering:

He'd settle for anyone they choose out of the Convention...so long as it's not Trump.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2016, 09:19:57 pm »
He'd settle for anyone they choose out of the Convention...so long as it's not Trump.

If you're talking about me (I wouldn't know since I have ABD on ignore), my favored candidates are all gone. Walker, Perry, Rubio.  If Cruz is nominated, I'll vote, but I don't think he has a prayer either.

We can't win with an ideologue or a demagogue.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2016, 09:20:51 pm »
Unfortunately, I believe the Trump supporters will disappear from view once they realize what they have done.  There will be no penance and little opportunity for reconciliation.  The rest of us will have to deal with their mess and convince the country that our movement was hijacked.  That's why I tell every regular-voting acquaintance how I feel about Trump.  If the Republican party is regarded by young professionals as a white nationalist organization, it is finished.  The party's credibility is already damaged by Trump's frontrunner status, but perhaps the conservative movement can survive if our leaders speak out forcefully, between now and November.

goopo

I'm not sure the Conservative movement will ever recover from the damage Trump has done to us.  He is the embodiment of every negative that the left has ever thrown at us......... which is the main evidence to me that he is a stalking horse for Hillary.

His goal is to smear conservatism and elect a fellow Progressive......... and unless he is defeated at the Convention, he will achieve his goal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2016, 09:31:57 pm »
Good then don't whine when you put the Clintons back in the White House.  Be a man and own it instead of blaming Trump supporters just because Lyin' Ted isn't cutting the mustard with GOP voters.  He sure likes to buy the unbounded ones, though, and even some of those who are obligaTED to vote for Trump.

It doesn't matter if the Republicans get behind Trump.  He is losing independents to Hillary by anywhere from 3-18 points, depending on the poll.  And that crossover appeal he claims?  6 to 8 percent of democrats. 

But Trump is hanging himself with Republican voters.  You don't win the general election after calling your primary opponents liars, cheaters, and anchor babies.  Trump has never stood for election so he doesn't understand how it works.

geronl

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2016, 09:33:46 pm »

His goal is to smear conservatism and elect a fellow Progressive......... and unless he is defeated at the Convention, he will achieve his goal.

even if he defeated at the convention there will be lasting effects from his jihad against the Republican Party.

geronl

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2016, 09:35:11 pm »

But Trump is hanging himself with Republican voters.  You don't win the general election after calling your primary opponents liars, cheaters, and anchor babies.  Trump has never stood for election so he doesn't understand how it works.

We conservatives have been slimed, smeared, stomped worse by Trump and his supporters so far than by Democrats.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2016, 09:35:50 pm »
It doesn't matter if the Republicans get behind Trump.  He is losing independents to Hillary by anywhere from 3-18 points, depending on the poll.  And that crossover appeal he claims?  6 to 8 percent of democrats. 

When 70% of women in the country can't stand you, you're not going to win.  I don't think Trump supporters have a clue as to how despicable his debasement of and disrespect for women is to not only women, but men who respect women.  They are blinded by a loyalty that doesn't allow them to see what is right in front of their noses.  A very ugly human being.......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2016, 09:36:28 pm »
We conservatives have been slimed, smeared, stomped worse by Trump and his supporters so far than by Democrats.

True enough.  Nothing in memory has been as bad for conservatism than Donald J. Trump has been.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2016, 09:37:32 pm »
even if he defeated at the convention there will be lasting effects from his jihad against the Republican Party.

Absolutely.  And that's because he has used Alinsky tactics and has come after us from the left to destroy us.

A-Lert

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2016, 09:42:50 pm »
You are correct, Leto, Trump would destroy the country just as he is destroying the Republican party.  Of course the Republican Party has been ill for a long time, but Trump is killing it beyond recognition.  His supporters think that is a good thing AND blame everyone but themselves for it.  Weird.  If Trump is allowed to take his insult show worldwide as leader of our country, he will not only destroy this country, he may cause a world war.

Explain to us how Trump is going to destroy the country. Is securing our borders going to do it? Are "Fair Trade" policies going to do it? Is state reciprocity of concealed carry going to do it? Is wanting to improve the economy and the middle class going to destroy the country?

A-Lert

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2016, 09:44:02 pm »

Not on this forum.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2016, 09:44:51 pm »
Explain to us how Trump is going to destroy the country. Is securing our borders going to do it? Are "Fair Trade" policies going to do it? Is state reciprocity of concealed carry going to do it? Is wanting to improve the economy and the middle class going to destroy the country?
Terrorizing anyone who disagrees with him, for one—just like the Alphabet Soup Lobby does now, except on steroids. Plus he will continue to entrench all of the liberal government programs that continue to suck the life out of our once-great nation.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:45:30 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HonestJohn

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2016, 09:45:39 pm »

It's worse than just that.

This will reinforce Democrat charges against the GOP and conservatives as Trump's statements will act as verification of those charges... VERIFICATION BY THE 'CONSERVATIVE' FRONTRUNNER HIMSELF.

Anybody not a diehard conservative will then start to rethink conservatism because of that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2016, 09:50:21 pm »
It's worse than just that.

This will reinforce Democrat charges against the GOP and conservatives as Trump's statements will act as verification of those charges... VERIFICATION BY THE 'CONSERVATIVE' FRONTRUNNER HIMSELF.

Anybody not a diehard conservative will then start to rethink conservatism because of that.

Yep.

He's verifying the leftist stereotypes (because, IMO, he is a leftist, and that's exactly what he thinks of people like you and me).

A-Lert

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2016, 09:52:27 pm »
Terrorizing anyone who disagrees with him, for one—just like the Alphabet Soup Lobby does now, except on steroids. Plus he will continue to entrench all of the liberal government programs that continue to suck the life out of our once-great nation.

Terrorize? Have you been terrorized by Trump?

Is "Fair Trade" liberal?  Is securing our borders liberal? Is concealed carry reciprocity liberal?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2016, 09:55:29 pm »

Is "Fair Trade" liberal?  Is securing our borders liberal? Is concealed carry reciprocity liberal?

You tell them, A-Lert!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2016, 09:59:08 pm »
Since Trump is NEVER going to be president I'm going to refrain from responding to this Trump idiocy for now.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:04:05 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2016, 10:01:38 pm »

Is reinforcing the notion that the GOP is the party of white supremacists, misogynists, religious and ethnic bigots a good thing for conservatism?  That's what Trump has done, which is why his negative numbers with Hispanics, blacks and women are sky high.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2016, 10:02:38 pm »
You tell them, A-Lert!   :beer:

Just asking and thus far I've not received a cogent or rational response.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2016, 10:10:49 pm »

Is government-funded universal mandated healthcare liberal? Trump supports that.

Is forced servitude to the Alphabet Soup Lobby liberal? Trump supports that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2016, 10:13:47 pm »
Is government-funded universal mandated healthcare liberal? Trump supports that.

As to the first point, Trump has stated he would repeal and replace Obamacare.

As to the second point, I have no bloody idea what you are talking about.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

A-Lert

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2016, 10:14:11 pm »
Is reinforcing the notion that the GOP is the party of white supremacists, misogynists, religious and ethnic bigots a good thing for conservatism?  That's what Trump has done, which is why his negative numbers with Hispanics, blacks and women are sky high.

You didn't address the questions and your accusations are just liberal scare tactics. His negatives as you assert are high because the liberals and anti-Trumps spew hate and falsehoods about Trump incessantly. Trump employs women and minorities and pays them well. I saw people (anti-Trumps) complaining about the "high salary" of a Trump female employee right here on this forum.

Now tell me how "Fair Trade" is liberal. How securing our borders is liberal. How concealed carry reciprocity is liberal. How wanting to improve the economy and the middle class is liberal.

A-Lert

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2016, 10:23:06 pm »

Why not address the questions?

Trump does not support Obamacare. http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Donald_Trump_Health_Care.htm

Q: On health care, Ben Carson's calling for health savings accounts. What do you think of that?

TRUMP: Well, I'm OK with the savings accounts. I think it's a good idea; it's a very down-the-middle idea. It works. It's something that's proven. The one thing we have to do is repeal and replace ObamaCare. It is a disaster. People's premiums are going up 35 percent, 45 percent, 55 percent. Their deductibles are so high nobody's ever going to get to use it. So ObamaCare is turning out to be a bigger disaster than anybody thought.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2016, 10:29:37 pm »
As to the first point, Trump has stated he would repeal and replace Obamacare.

Yes, but Trump has been on both sides of pretty much every debate, so who knows what he really thinks?  Since he has supported government controlled health care quite recently, and is a Progressive politically, it makes more sense that any comments he has made during the campaign are lies, and what he said previously is what he really thinks/believes.

That's the problem with a serial liar, t_s.  It's not wise to believe anything he says about anything.....

Thus, it is quite unwise to trust Trump.

Offline Leto

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2016, 10:58:01 pm »
Why not address the questions?

Trump does not support Obamacare. http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Donald_Trump_Health_Care.htm

Q: On health care, Ben Carson's calling for health savings accounts. What do you think of that?

TRUMP: Well, I'm OK with the savings accounts. I think it's a good idea; it's a very down-the-middle idea. It works. It's something that's proven. The one thing we have to do is repeal and replace ObamaCare. It is a disaster. People's premiums are going up 35 percent, 45 percent, 55 percent. Their deductibles are so high nobody's ever going to get to use it. So ObamaCare is turning out to be a bigger disaster than anybody thought.

Trump has been for and against Obamacare in the same week. THat of course is the problem, he has been on both sides of so many issues, including touch and go amnesty for illegals.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters