Author Topic: Priebus slams Never Trump movement, calls for GOP unity  (Read 7817 times)

Offline Stosh

Re: Priebus slams Never Trump movement, calls for GOP unity
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2016, 06:42:51 am »
I will only vote for a Constitutional Conservative for POTUS, fortunately there is still one left in the running (only one)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2016, 11:47:15 am »
I will only vote for a Constitutional Conservative for POTUS, fortunately there is still one left in the running (only one)

Well, then, does that mean we owe you thanks for Barack Obama?    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2016, 12:01:40 pm »
Well, then, does that mean we owe you thanks for Barack Obama?    :whistle:
Only we owe you thanks for giving us McCain as his only viable opposition. Ahem.

Or we can come together at the convention and hope they can find a candidate we can ALL agree on.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2016, 12:08:31 pm »
Only we owe you thanks for giving us McCain as his only viable opposition. Ahem.

Or we can come together at the convention and hope they can find a candidate we can ALL agree on.

LOL

I was thinking more about Mitt Romney.

Staying home or voting 3rd party on the POTUS line because he fathered "Obamacare" in Massachusetts.

oh.....and because he's a .....wait for it.....A MORMON!    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2016, 12:12:02 pm »
I sincerely hope many of you will change your tune when it's actually time to decide whether or not Hillary will be our next president. I suggest you reexamine things if you actually believe there's no difference between the two.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:12:38 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 12:22:18 pm »
I sincerely hope many of you will change your tune when it's actually time to decide whether or not Hillary will be our next president. I suggest you reexamine things if you actually believe there's no difference between the two.

My feelings, too, Dex!   :beer:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2016, 12:39:12 pm »

:beer:  Welcome to the GOP Briefing Room.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2016, 12:52:10 pm »

Dex, I've been trying to find a reason to vote for Trump if he should be our nominee.  He's a liberal in a Republican suit (made in China and Mexico by the way).

I don't have any confidence that Trump will not bend or cave to the left with the Second Amendment nor do I have confidence that he will appoint conservative justices.  Secondly, I firmly believe with a Trump nomination we will toss the Senate back to the DEMS and lose seats in the House; we may even lose the House.  With Hillary, I firmly believe we will hold on to the Senate and House.

So, with those considerations Hillary gets the White House but we maintain the House and Senate and have a very narrow chance of stopping her attack on the second amendment and perhaps block some liberal justices.  With Trump we lose the Senate and possibly the House and when he goes to shred the second amendment or appoint liberal justices we have no majority and therefore no chance of stopping him.

Yep, we are pretty screwed with either one of them.  I cannot with a clear conscious vote for Trump and I will NOT vote for someone who I feel will continue this country on its current path of destruction.  I WILL write in Cruz.  I WILL continue to support someone who will put us on a path to restoration.  That's the bottom line.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/trump-gop-house-majority-jeopardy-221004

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271442-cruz-gop-will-lose-senate-if-trump-wins-nomination
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:52:59 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2016, 12:58:42 pm »
It would be a terrible thing, and an awful moment for America if we were left to select our next President from between a laughing hyena and a braying ass. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2016, 02:07:08 pm »
It would be a terrible thing, and an awful moment for America if we were left to select our next President from between a laughing hyena and a braying ass.

No worries.  Cruz won't be the Republican nominee. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2016, 02:15:32 pm »

You are probably right, but it is vitally important he stays in this until the end,  and for us Cruz supporters to not give up either. Having either Trump or Hillary sitting behind the Resolute Desk would be a disaster.   How could a country this great have two such idiots leading the races for a nomination to be POTUS?? It's horrifying.

I'm praying the convention is our salvation. Not sure I'm a huge Cruz fan, but he's not Trump. And that's what matters to this American.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:16:02 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2016, 02:18:21 pm »

Keep dreaming dear!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 02:19:00 pm »

I'm voting AGAINST Trump and AGAINST Hillary by leaving the presidential line blank.  That will not change. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »
I'm voting AGAINST Trump and AGAINST Hillary by leaving the presidential line blank.  That will not change.

Call me an optimist Sink. I don't think Trump's name will even be on the ballot, unless running as a third party. So don't give up on the idea of voting for POTUS just yet.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2016, 02:31:20 pm »
Josh Jordan ‏@NumbersMuncher  21m21 minutes ago
Trump is 69 years old. If he's just now figuring out what he believes through a 'natural evolution,' you can be sure he has no real beliefs.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2016, 02:43:57 pm »

Cute. Hope you enjoy the election.

You're going to see a lot of blue staining the network maps if the Orange Emperor wins the nomination, because anyone with a 70% disapproval rating among 54% of the voters (women) is going to get slaughtered, coast to coast.

Oh, yeah: you folks think that's all made up, elitist stuff. Uh huh. Well, reality is going to come as a cold... Hillary slap to Trump Nation.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2016, 06:13:46 pm »
Cute. Hope you enjoy the election.

You're going to see a lot of blue staining the network maps if the Orange Emperor wins the nomination, because anyone with a 70% disapproval rating among 54% of the voters (women) is going to get slaughtered, coast to coast.

Oh, yeah: you folks think that's all made up, elitist stuff. Uh huh. Well, reality is going to come as a cold... Hillary slap to Trump Nation.

Unfortunately, I believe the Trump supporters will disappear from view once they realize what they have done.  There will be no penance and little opportunity for reconciliation.  The rest of us will have to deal with their mess and convince the country that our movement was hijacked.  That's why I tell every regular-voting acquaintance how I feel about Trump.  If the Republican party is regarded by young professionals as a white nationalist organization, it is finished.  The party's credibility is already damaged by Trump's frontrunner status, but perhaps the conservative movement can survive if our leaders speak out forcefully, between now and November. 

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2016, 06:39:09 pm »
Unfortunately, I believe the Trump supporters will disappear from view once they realize what they have done.  There will be no penance and little opportunity for reconciliation.  The rest of us will have to deal with their mess and convince the country that our movement was hijacked.  That's why I tell every regular-voting acquaintance how I feel about Trump.  If the Republican party is regarded by young professionals as a white nationalist organization, it is finished.  The party's credibility is already damaged by Trump's frontrunner status, but perhaps the conservative movement can survive if our leaders speak out forcefully, between now and November.

The Republican party has been fractured; Trump is only continuing the divide. If we haven experience the unfortunate event of Hillary or Trump in the White House, you will see conservatism spread like wild fire. I have little doubt that the GOP will die and a New Party of conservatives will eventually emerge. I'll give you one guess as to who I believe the leader will likely be.

We may have to go through a very dark period before we see the red white and blue shining brightly again.

Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2016, 06:45:58 pm »

:silly:

I laughed!
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2016, 06:46:50 pm »
Keep dreaming dear!

You're right.  He's doing his best at bribing delegates that should go to Trump!  The man has zero integrity.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2016, 06:54:01 pm »
Keep dreaming dear!

LOL!  But a nice try.

BTW... I miss "your" picture. 

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2016, 06:55:06 pm »
You are probably right, but it is vitally important he stays in this until the end,  and for us Cruz supporters to not give up either. Having either Trump or Hillary sitting behind the Resolute Desk would be a disaster.   How could a country this great have two such idiots leading the races for a nomination to be POTUS?? It's horrifying.

I'm praying the convention is our salvation. Not sure I'm a huge Cruz fan, but he's not Trump. And that's what matters to this American.

Oh, I am definitely not giving up on Cruz.  Yes it is unbelievable that two LIBERAL idiots are leading the races for nomination to be POTUS.  To me, this election has been quite an eye opener to see masses of people rallying around someone who projects himself as another Messiah much like Obama did. I thought that people would have learned that lesson awhile ago. Cruz is the polar opposite of Trump for sure; he will lead us towards restoration whereas Trump will continue us on our current path of destruction.

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2016, 06:55:08 pm »

Is this the new conservative strategy---lose with honor?  How Nixonian.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:56:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2016, 06:58:36 pm »
Is this the new conservative strategy---lose with honor?

No.  The conservative strategy hasn't changed.  Vote your conscious.  There is no honor in voting for someone who you think will destroy this country just because they have an 'R' next to their name.  That's why we're in the mess that we're in.