Author Topic: Oh My! Michelle Fields and Ben Shapiro Resign from Breitbart after Fudging Story about Trump Campaign Manager  (Read 3585 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/oh-my-michelle-fields-and-ben-shapiro-resign-from-breitbart-after-her-fudging-story-about-trump-campaign-manager/

Oh My! Michelle Fields and Ben Shapiro Resign from Breitbart after Fudging Story about Trump Campaign Manager

Jim Hoft Mar 14th, 2016 1:58 am 408 Comments

Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields made headlines last week when she claimed Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski grabbed her and threw her down on the ground at the Jupiter, Florida victory speech on Tuesday night.

Video now proves that Fields exaggerated the story for some strange reason.

The Gateway Pundit’s Kristinn Taylor was in the room at the time and did not see the incident in question. He was the last reporter to film Corey closing up the event with reporters.

Oh My! Michelle Fields and Ben Shapiro Resign from Breitbart after Fudging Story about Trump Campaign Manager

Jim Hoft Mar 14th, 2016 1:58 am 408 Comments

Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields made headlines last week when she claimed Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski grabbed her and threw her down on the ground at the Jupiter, Florida victory speech on Tuesday night.

Video now proves that Fields exaggerated the story for soem strange reason

Video clips at link

Offline GAJohnnie

Interesting how the lie got overwhelming coverage by Fox News and Talk Radio but, stangely, we are hearing no "mea culpas" from the smear merchants today.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
:silly:

Nice objective headline.

Who was it calling them "smear merchants"?  This is a smear merchant headline.

Offline GAJohnnie

According to the Dogmatic choir, this was supposedly a Purge, they even went so far as to compare it to the French Revolution.

Odd how the truth gets ignored so the lie can be clung to.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Odd how the truth gets ignored so the lie can be clung to.

Trump supporters do it regularly.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:24:26 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Frank Cannon

Leaked Internal Messages Show ‘Ashamed’ Writers at Breitbart Revolting Against Weak Leadership

http://injo.com//2016/03/559606-leaked-messages-show-ashamed-writers-at-breitbart-revolting-against-weak-leadership/

Breitbart knows this assault took place and the management circled the wagons around Trump.

Offline Longiron

The UNIPARTY LOSES again and the people of this country WIN again. Like the WINNING. :silly:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Most agree Gateway Pundit is already in the tank for Trump as bad as the fake news site Prntly. Yesterday they claimed to show a video that debunked Field's claim, yet it showed absolutely nothing. The grab in their video was obscured by someone's head and they looped 3 seconds over and over with a lot of captions over it but when you get down to the nuts and bolts, they completely lied about the outcome.

Breitbart was accused by employees of being paid off by Trump for favorable stories months ago, and today, their edtior in chief, Ben Shapiro, who is extremely respected on the right, quit in disgust with how they are operating.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/breitbart-staffers-believe-trump-has-given-money-to-site-for#.la77zaDlW
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/breitbart-news-michelle-fields-ben-shapiro-resign/2016/03/14/id/718928/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Most agree Gateway Pundit is already in the tank for Trump as bad as the fake news site Prntly. Yesterday they claimed to show a video that debunked Field's claim, yet it showed absolutely nothing. The grab in their video was obscured by someone's head and they looped 3 seconds over and over with a lot of captions over it but when you get down to the nuts and bolts, they completely lied about the outcome.

Breitbart was accused by employees of being paid off by Trump for favorable stories months ago, and today, their edtior in chief, Ben Shapiro, who is extremely respected on the right, quit in disgust with how they are operating.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/breitbart-staffers-believe-trump-has-given-money-to-site-for#.la77zaDlW
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/breitbart-news-michelle-fields-ben-shapiro-resign/2016/03/14/id/718928/

Yes, I watched that video.  Didn't help me understand what had happened. 

Wingnut

Shapiro, in his statement, said that he was leaving the site because he believes the legacy of founder and namesake Andrew Breitbart "has been betrayed."

"Breitbart News, under the chairmanship of Steve Bannon, has put a stake through the heart of Andrew's legacy," said Shapiro.

"In my opinion, Steve Bannon is a bully, and has sold out Andrew's mission in order to back another bully, Donald Trump; he has shaped the company into Trump's personal Pravda, to the extent that he abandoned and undercut his own reporter, Breitbart News' Michelle Fields, in order to protect Trump's bully campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who allegedly assaulted Michelle."

Ben hit the nail on the head.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yes, I watched that video.  Didn't help me understand what had happened.

That video was all about the headline, the video itself didn't show anything. But they wrote their headline in ALL CAPS so it got the traction they wanted.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Interesting how the lie got overwhelming coverage by Fox News and Talk Radio but, stangely, we are hearing no "mea culpas" from the smear merchants today.
Except everything that has come from the Trump campaign has been one huge lie, and this has turned out to be no different.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GAJohnnie

Go watch the videos for yourselves.

HAPPY2BME

Breitbart exodus continues after Trump incident
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 04:08:20 pm »
Breitbart News reporter Michelle Fields and editor-at-large Ben Shapiro resigned on Sunday due to frustrations with their company's response to an alleged assault on Fields by a top aide to Donald Trump.

Fields, who has claimed that she was yanked and bruised by Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, and Shapiro, one of the site's top editors, told BuzzFeed late Sunday night that they would be leaving the company.

"Today I informed the management at Breitbart News of my immediate resignation," Fields said. "I do not believe Breitbart News has adequately stood by me during the events of the past week and because of that I believe it is now best for us to part ways."

In his own statement, Shapiro said that Breitbart News had become Trump's "personal Pravda," referring to the communist newspaper.

Their announcements came after a week in which Breitbart News appeared to side with Lewandowski's version of events over that of Fields.

Fields, who has also brought criminal charges against Lewandowski, claims that he grabbed her and bruised her arm while she was trying to ask Trump a question after his press conference last Tuesday night.

Trump, Lewandowski and the campaign dispute that, and say no such incident ever took place. "This was, in my opinion, made up," Trump told CNN after Thursday night's Republican debate. "Everybody said nothing happened. Perhaps she made the story up. I think that's what happened."

On Friday, Breitbart published a video of the moments just before the incident and claimed the video provided evidence that it was not clear that Lewandowski actually pulled Fields -- a move that struck many observers as evidence of the site's pro-Trump bias. (Especially when, hours later, the Daily Beast published video from the rally that appeared to show Lewandowski reaching out toward Fields' arm.)

In his statement Sunday, Shapiro argued that Breitbart chairman Steve Bannon had betrayed the mission of the site's founder, the late Andrew Breitbart.

"Andrew's life mission has been betrayed. Indeed, Breitbart News, under the chairmanship of Steve Bannon, has put a stake through the heart of Andrew's legacy," Shapiro wrote.

"In my opinion, Steve Bannon is a bully, and has sold out Andrew's mission in order to back another bully, Donald Trump; he has shaped the company into Trump's personal Pravda, to the extent that he abandoned and undercut his own reporter, Breitbart News' Michelle Fields, in order to protect Trump's bully campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who allegedly assaulted Michelle," Shapiro wrote.

Fields and Shapiro's departures come two days after Kurt Bardella, the site's spokesperson, resigned from his position because he felt he could no longer serve an organization that was putting the interests of the Trump campaign ahead of its own reporter.

"When you reach a point where you can't give 100 percent to people you represent, it's not tenable to continue representing them," Bardella said in a statement. "My own personal observation is that there is a cycle of behavior that is escalating and it's happening exclusively at Donald Trump events. It is wrong, disgusting and indicative of an ugliness that is contaminating the public and political discourse in our country."

"Life is too short to invest your time in things you don't believe and aren't passionate about," he continued. "That is why I made the decision to resign from representing Breitbart."

http://www.wmtw.com/money/michelle-fields-ben-shapiro-resign-from-breitbart-news/38500876

HAPPY2BME

Re: Breitbart exodus continues after Trump incident
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 04:09:08 pm »
Hey Michelle.  Get a hold of George Soros.  He's hiring reporters for BLM.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 04:10:35 pm »
They are liars.

They were offered the opportunity to resign or be fired for manufacturing a smear. Videos at the link

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/oh-my-michelle-fields-and-ben-shapiro-resign-from-breitbart-after-her-fudging-story-about-trump-campaign-manager/

Offline Carling

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 04:11:56 pm »
Didn't Fields falsify being sexually harassed or am I thinking of someone else?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 04:12:46 pm »
Yes she accused Conservative Icon Allen West of grabbing her.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 04:14:41 pm »
Johnnie, your continued defense of this reprehensible Trumpbart site is laughable.

First, none of the videos you have posted today have proved or disproved anything. 

Second, the fact that reputable journalists are jumping ship from a site that has been in the tank for Trump for months is a sign that its credibility is in tatters.

Look for it to fold or merge with another sewer dweller, Gateway Pundit.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

Watch the videos.
Don't cling to the lie, WATCH.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »
They are liars.

They were offered the opportunity to resign or be fired for manufacturing a smear. Videos at the link

Ah, yes, another classic Trump tactic: claim they were offered something.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Watch the videos.
Don't cling to the lie, WATCH.
You are the one clinging to a lie. We've seen the videos. They prove nothing. In fact, they show nothing.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2016, 04:22:46 pm »
Yes she accused Conservative Icon Allen West of grabbing her.

West is a fruitcake and has been accused numerous times of sexual harrassment.  That is likely why FOXNEWS no longer features him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

spin spin spin, anything to avoid watching the video and admit they lied.