Author Topic: Trump Is Unelectable  (Read 10221 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump Is Unelectable
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2016, 01:19:44 pm »
LOL!  Apple and Amazon have never sought refuge in bankruptcy.  Since they're public companies, their top exec can't hide his personal liabilities in the business so that, when bankruptcy is filed, the exec's personal creditors get screwed along with the business creditors.

Trump is nothing if not duplicitous.

My point was failures, not bankruptcies:

While Amazon.com’s growth story was remarkable, Bezos’ focus on market share over profits had made Wall Street uneasy and left analysts speculating whether the company would ever be able to turn a profit. Sales continued to grow as the company added new products to its site—including lawn and patio furniture and kitchen wares. The company however, continued to post net losses. To top it off, the “dot-com boom” of the late 1990s came to a crashing halt in the early years of the new millenium as many startups declared bankruptcy amid intense competition and weakening economies.

Bezos remained optimistic, even as Amazon.com’s share price faltered. During 2001, the company focused on cutting costs. It laid off 1,300 employees and closed a distribution facility.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Amazon.com.aspx

You can do a search and find similar failures at Apple, and 100s of other companies with similar failures but that have managed a success trajectory.

Donald Trump's companies are hugely successful by any measure. The attempt to diminish his success is just wishful thinking on your part because you don't like the man's ideas and speech.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2016, 01:25:43 pm »
My point was failures, not bankruptcies:

While Amazon.com’s growth story was remarkable, Bezos’ focus on market share over profits had made Wall Street uneasy and left analysts speculating whether the company would ever be able to turn a profit. Sales continued to grow as the company added new products to its site—including lawn and patio furniture and kitchen wares. The company however, continued to post net losses. To top it off, the “dot-com boom” of the late 1990s came to a crashing halt in the early years of the new millenium as many startups declared bankruptcy amid intense competition and weakening economies.

Bezos remained optimistic, even as Amazon.com’s share price faltered. During 2001, the company focused on cutting costs. It laid off 1,300 employees and closed a distribution facility.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Amazon.com.aspx

You can do a search and find similar failures at Apple, and 100s of other companies with similar failures but that have managed a success trajectory.

Donald Trump's companies are hugely successful by any measure. The attempt to diminish his success is just wishful thinking on your part because you don't like the man's ideas and speech.

So layoffs are "failures" now?  LOL!!

Of course you want to change the subject from bankruptcies because neither Apple nor Amazon have even come close to bankruptcy.  If failures are your guide, how about Trump's overall failure to manage his businesses for maximum gain:

With Mr Trump’s 70th birthday approaching in June, the jury is still out on his business career. He has great wealth, much of it made well over a decade ago from a few buildings he has retained in Manhattan, including his favourite on Fifth Avenue. But he has not yet created a great company, raised permanent capital on public markets, gone global or diversified very successfully. Something to think about when you are sipping an $18 “You’re Fired” Bloody Mary at the Trump Tower—or voting in a presidential election.

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21693230-enigma-presidential-candidates-business-affairs-tower-white
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2016, 01:56:00 pm »
Sinkspur, you are often poked in the eye for your posts. On the other hand, you have several here that are just outstanding. Kudos to you.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2016, 02:05:18 pm »
Sinkspur, you are often poked in the eye for your posts. On the other hand, you have several here that are just outstanding. Kudos to you.

Thanks.

I'm finding the best way to counter falsehoods is with facts and opinions more considered and thoughtful than mine.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2016, 02:28:45 pm »

:beer:

I hope others  here begin to 'know' and see that, too! 

We disagree on all things trump...but that's where it stops! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2016, 03:40:23 pm »
Elegantly written, RiV.  :beer:

I may not agree with you, but that is a case stated well.  :patriot:

Thank you.  ^-^

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2016, 05:41:45 pm »
Jazzhead wrote above:
"And this weekend I lobbied my father and nephew hard,  and they're now both singing the same tune as me - this machine kills fascists!"

Even Pete Seeger once said (regarding Woody) that he would never have been able to attain commercial success because he was a committed communist.

And that's as straight out o' the horse's mouth as it gets.

Aside: I happen to -like- both Woody -and- Pete. Had a Vega "Seeger model" way back in 1966, still have it. But reality is what it is. The "facist killer" in the pic above was an out-and-out communist.

Perhaps you should not wish to be judged "by the same tune" as Woody had a-hummin' in his head!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2016, 05:53:27 pm »
Right_in_Virginia wrote above:
"Trump brings an unfiltered love for the United States; and he is fighting to save it.  This fight includes borders with meaning.  He believes without enforceable borders there cannot be a nation.  I believe this, too.  Maybe you do not.
Trump has the backbone to take on the political correctness that is intruding on free speech.  He has no fear of the truth or the backlash for telling it.   Two words sum this up:  "Merry Christmas".  I want political correctness beaten back and destroyed.  Maybe you do not."

Fine comments that bear repeating.
Excellent post!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2016, 05:57:03 pm »
"Trump brings an unfiltered love for the United States; and he is fighting to save it.  This fight includes borders with meaning.  He believes without enforceable borders there cannot be a nation.  I believe this, too.  Maybe you do not.
Trump has the backbone to take on the political correctness that is intruding on free speech.  He has no fear of the truth or the backlash for telling it.   Two words sum this up:  "Merry Christmas".  I want political correctness beaten back and destroyed.  Maybe you do not."

Excellent post!

Except for the FACT that Trump has already said everything is negotiable and, because of that,  NONE of it will actually be done in a Trump administration!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2016, 07:37:16 pm »
The same ones you think are scumbags?

I see Trump supporters are already readying their excuses for the November catastrophe: GOPe/etc.

I never used that term to describe GOPers or anti-Trumps, so your accusation is way out of line. Another insult in a constant stream. You must be proud.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2016, 07:53:54 pm »
I never used that term to describe GOPers or anti-Trumps, so your accusation is way out of line. Another insult in a constant stream. You must be proud.

Good job, @A-Lert !   Don't be dragged in.

Can't wait until the GOP convention is history.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

A-Lert

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2016, 08:07:38 pm »
Trump has the highest negatives of any candidate.  He is an arrogant, simplistic, sloganeering bully who uses intimidation to force people in line.  He is the mother of all flip-floppers.  He is untrustworthy.  He is selfish, insulting, and greedy.  He smears people who disagree with him and even his supporters admit he is lying (Carson).  He is unfit for high office in multiple ways.  He inspires others to act as deplorably as he acts, in his behalf of course.   Ah, but will enough people "sheep" choose this devouring lion to be the final nail in limited, constitutional government?  Maybe.  I hope not.

No, not the mother....No new taxes! LOL...No Obamacare!  LOL.....Balanced budget! LOL....No NAFTA! LOL...Reduce the national debt....LOL...Secure the borders! LOL...Reduce the size of government! LOL....the list of lies, deceit, broken promises and BULLSH*T is long and embarrassing.

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2016, 08:57:54 pm »

Excellent post!

Thank you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2016, 12:11:25 am »
Trump has the highest negatives of any candidate.  He is an arrogant, simplistic, sloganeering bully who uses intimidation to force people in line.  He is the mother of all flip-floppers.  He is untrustworthy.  He is selfish, insulting, and greedy.  He smears people who disagree with him and even his supporters admit he is lying (Carson).  He is unfit for high office in multiple ways.  He inspires others to act as deplorably as he acts, in his behalf of course.   Ah, but will enough people "sheep" choose this devouring lion to be the final nail in limited, constitutional government?  Maybe.  I hope not.

The first order of business to preserve limited,  constitutional government is to defeat Trumpism.   This is a constitutional republic, not a banana republic.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2016, 12:17:40 am »
The first order of business to preserve limited,  constitutional government is to defeat Trumpism.   This is a constitutional republic, not a banana republic.

Preserve? What a laugh. The status quo is bloated government, entitlements and ever increasing debt and taxes. Why do you want to preserve that?

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2016, 12:18:34 am »

:facepalm:

Offline Carling

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2016, 12:19:29 am »

Yet your candidate is willing to circumvent the Constitution and allow a bunch of illegal immigrants, some from a "banana republic," to cut in line in front of immigrants doing things the right way, and he's doing it solely for votes in a few states.

Now that is integrity!!   :smokin:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:20:54 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2016, 12:24:20 am »

Weren't you the guy who for months was pushing Kasich? Mr. Soros Funded, Pro-Obamacare, Pro-Amnesty, Assault Weapons Ban, Global-Warming-True-Believer Kasich?

And you're worried about Donald Trump?

A-Lert

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:26 am »
I'm expecting to hear there is a tinfoil shortage any day now. :silly:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2016, 12:29:19 am »
Preserve? What a laugh. The status quo is bloated government, entitlements and ever increasing debt and taxes. Why do you want to preserve that?

Kasich is a far more serious change agent than Trump.  He can win the Presidency with coattails for tax and entitlement reform, and economic growth, that can only come about when the President and Congress work together toward the same goals.  He can reinvigorate the Reagan revolution.     

Trump will deliver it all to the Dems on a silver platter.   He'll hand them the keys to the government and the courts,  and you can kiss every last thing you value goodbye.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2016, 12:30:09 am »
How does a person who quotes Musellini, praises Putin, Kim Jung Un, the Chinese leaders who massacred the students at Tiananmen square, tells his campaign rally goers to punch protesters in the face, wish it was the old days when protesters were carried out on stretchers.....and has flip flopped on every single pronouncement, become a fan favorite on this website? 
Can anyone enlighten me, please.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2016, 12:31:21 am »
Weren't you the guy who for months was pushing Kasich? Mr. Soros Funded, Pro-Obamacare, Pro-Amnesty, Assault Weapons Ban, Global-Warming-True-Believer Kasich?

And you're worried about Donald Trump?

Trump: Touchback Amnesty, Raising taxes on the poor and middle class, ordering the military to commit war crimes, threatening American businesses, assaults on the FIrst Amendment.

You damned right we're worried about Donald Trump.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2016, 12:32:08 am »
How does a person who quotes Musellini, praises Putin, Kim Jung Un, the Chinese leaders who massacred the students at Tiananmen square, tells his campaign rally goers to punch protesters in the face, wish it was the old days when protesters were carried out on stretchers.....and has flip flopped on every single pronouncement, become a fan favorite on this website? 

Apparently anger switches off the brain completely.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:32:57 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

HonestJohn

« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2016, 12:36:01 am »

Maybe that's what they think is what makes a country great?

A-Lert

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2016, 12:38:47 am »
Apparently anger switches off the brain completely.

The anti-Trumps are the angriest by far. I'm keeping a record of all the insults hurled at Trump and those who support him. Pitiful.