Author Topic: Trump Is Unelectable  (Read 10157 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump Is Unelectable
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2016, 10:11:26 am »
He knocked Jeb, Christie and Rubio out of the race.

Highly dubious claim. There were too many people running from the beginning. Someone had to be knocked out.

A-Lert

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am »
Highly dubious claim. There were too many people running from the beginning. Someone had to be knocked out.

Dubious? They're gone and Trumps the leader. It's obvious to all but the anti-Trumps. None of them could knock Trump out despite the daily attacks and insults. People are sick of the status quo, the broken promises, deceit and lies. If you can't see it, you're a GOPer.

• Technical
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2016, 10:37:07 am »
Dubious? They're gone and Trumps the leader. It's obvious to all but the anti-Trumps. None of them could knock Trump out despite the daily attacks and insults. People are sick of the status quo, the broken promises, deceit and lies. If you can't see it, you're a GOPer.

Fine I'm GOPer (although I'm a registered independent).

Do you really think Trump will win the general election? Be honest.

A-Lert

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2016, 10:43:34 am »
Fine I'm GOPer (although I'm a registered independent).

Do you really think Trump will win the general election? Be honest.

If he runs in the general and the alleged Republicans/GOPers back him, he'll win. If they pull their sore loser act it will be a tossup. If the GOP doesn't change or a Democrat wins, we're screwed. $18 freaking TRILLION.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2016, 11:36:12 am »
Ironically, the only way his supporters will ever regret their support is if the sod does manage to win the actual election. If he wins the primary, then loses, look for voter fraud to get the blame - along with those who stayed home rather than vote for Trump.

They have to be shown, by having their faces rubbed in it, just what a disaster he'll be before they accept it.

Wow!  Et tu, EC!

Looks like you're taking it up a notch, there, buddy.     **nononono* 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2016, 11:37:27 am »
What has he done for the country?

We have neither the time, nor the crayons to explain it to you.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2016, 11:51:50 am »
Wow!  Et tu, EC!

Looks like you're taking it up a notch, there, buddy.     **nononono*

Tired of the whole thing, my friend. I tend to stay out of it - don't like arguing with my friends - but no one wants to talk about anything else or anyone else.

Problem is - he can't win the general, but he is going to be the nominee. While I know Trump would be a disaster as President, the Dem will be worse. So - if he's the nominee - he'd better bloody well win. But he won't, because hordes will come out to vote against him who would otherwise have slept through election day.

Then the excuses will come. Not "we picked the one damned candidate who would get his ass handed to him" but the charges of fraud and bad dealing. So I'm stating now - I'm not accepting excuses. His supporters say he can win. Prove it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2016, 11:58:12 am »
We have neither the time, nor the crayons to explain it to you.

Ok ...  you don't have the time or the Crayolas, but how about one example of what he's done to actually back up what he says he's going to do.  One example shouldn't take too much time, and you can skip the crayons...I don't need a visual to go along with it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2016, 11:58:42 am »
Problem is - he can't win the general, but he is going to be the nominee. While I know Trump would be a disaster as President, the Dem will be worse. So - if he's the nominee - he'd better bloody well win. But he won't, because hordes will come out to vote against him who would otherwise have slept through election day.

Then the excuses will come. Not "we picked the one damned candidate who would get his ass handed to him" but the charges of fraud and bad dealing. So I'm stating now - I'm not accepting excuses. His supporters say he can win. Prove it.
Those of us who live in metropolitan areas also will see BLM-type activity (not just BLM but pro-Muz groups, unions and La Raza aficionados) at the polling places in November, including violence. I predict the left will ramp up the violence if Trump is the nominee and Bill Ayers will get the blood in the streets that he seems to crave.

Edit to add: I'm not saying Trump should be blamed for the actions of criminals on the left, lest anyone misconstrue my comments. I'm also not saying that I wouldn't vote for him if he were the nominee (sorry for the double negative), because  it is possible that the Dem nominee would be even worse for the US.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:02:41 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2016, 12:18:07 pm »
Ok ...  you don't have the time or the Crayolas, but how about one example of what he's done to actually back up what he says he's going to do.  One example shouldn't take too much time, and you can skip the crayons...I don't need a visual to go along with it.

First of all, her question was in response to a poster that said Trump has already achieved "great" things for the GOP for getting rid of Jeb Bush, Rubio and at least a half-dozen other establishment posers. 

Asking what he's "done for the country" was a deflection.   And so too, are you, now morphing it into asking for "one example of what he's done to actually back up what he says he's going to do."

But I'll play your childish liberal tactic game:

1)He's bringing more and more voters over the the GOP.  Some estimate as many as TEN MILLION disenchanted and disenfranchised Democrats are switching over....something the Republicans have claimed was necessary in order to win a presidential election.

BTW...please tell me any candidate who runs for the presidency who can achieve "one thing for the country", 6 months out?   

or, as you request,

"one example of what he's done to actually back up what he says he's going to do", ... 6 months out?    :whistle:

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:20:50 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2016, 12:22:49 pm »
Tired of the whole thing, my friend. I tend to stay out of it - don't like arguing with my friends - but no one wants to talk about anything else or anyone else.

I agree that he won't win the general, but that is not the reason I will not vote for him.  I cannot and will not vote for someone who will continue us on a path of destruction.  I cannot vote for someone who acts like a sixth-grade bully. I cannot and will not vote for someone who states that our troops will listen to him regardless of what he tells them to do.  I cannot vote for someone who publicly states he could punch someone in the face.  I cannot vote for someone who belittles just about everyone who even remotely disagrees with him.  I cannot vote for a narcissistic demagogue who obviously has little knowledge of our Constitution and the function of the three branches of government.  I'm not so sure hordes will come out against him, but I think we will see hordes staying home like they did during the McCain/Hussein election. If Trump is the nominee, I will write in my candidate of choice. For those that feel that would be voting for Hillary ... I disagree ... I'm definitely not pulling the lever for her. IF everyone voted their conscious for the candidate that they felt was the best for country we wouldn't be in the mess that we're in now. I know Trump will be a disaster as a president and I cannot with a clear conscious vote for him.

Secondly, I still see a small glimmer of hope that Trump won't be our nominee; we'll know better after tomorrow.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2016, 12:25:06 pm »
Do you realize that each and every one of Trump's endeavors and/or projects are separate entities, or LLCs?

There was no way any of those bankruptcies would have toppled the Trump empire.

There are bankruptcy laws for a reason.  And Trump utilized them when deemed necessary.  Within the law each and every time.

They hang on those four bankruptcies as if they were significant. They never mention the hundreds of hugely successful companies Trump built.

They also never bother to notice (willfully, of course) how successful companies like Apple and Amazon also had dozens of failed products and services, too.

You can't hit the fence if you're not swinging hard at the pitch.

• Technical
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2016, 12:35:20 pm »
If he runs in the general and the alleged Republicans/GOPers back him, he'll win.

The same ones you think are scumbags?

I see Trump supporters are already readying their excuses for the November catastrophe: GOPe/etc.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:39:10 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2016, 12:39:48 pm »
The same ones you think are scumbags?

ADHD much?   

Now you're trolling.   

• Technical
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2016, 12:41:52 pm »
ADHD much?   

Now you're trolling.

You know he's going to lose and you're already readying your scapegoats, arent' you?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2016, 12:47:12 pm »

Trump will break the lobbyist and special interest control of our very corrupt Congress. He will be the first President in the Oval Office working for the American people in recent history.   I consider that critical to returning America to greatness.  Maybe you do not.  :shrug:

Trump's understanding of global economics far surpasses that of all the other candidates combined.  His understanding is born of actual experience and America will finally have a leader who can turn his acumen into positive and tangible results for the American economy.  I think that unique expertise is sorely needed and needed NOW for the economic health of our nation and our position in the world.  Maybe you do not.   :shrug:

Trump brings an unfiltered love for the United States; and he is fighting to save it.  This fight includes borders with meaning.  He believes without enforceable borders there cannot be a nation.  I believe this, too.  Maybe you do not.   :shrug:

Trump has the backbone to take on the political correctness that is intruding on free speech.  He has no fear of the truth or the backlash for telling it.   Two words sum this up:  "Merry Christmas".  I want political correctness beaten back and destroyed.  Maybe you do not.   :shrug:

The whole of the entrenched corrupt ruling class--from Congress to the media to the pundits to failed candidates for the presidency have risen as one voice to stop Trump from ending their rule.  Yet, Trump withstands the assaults.  He stands stronger and taller for it.  We have screamed for Boehner and McConnell and now Ryan to stand with a steel spine against the uniparty.  Trump is doing this.  And I applaud him for it.  Maybe you do not.   :shrug:

Trump's message is resonating with Americans across the political spectrum.  We need this to win a national election.  This is important and positive.  Maybe you disagree.  :shrug:

Donald Trump is the right man for the right time.   I pray for his safety and his victory.  I hope you will join me.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2016, 12:48:51 pm »
First of all, her question was in response to a poster that said Trump has already achieved "great" things for the GOP for getting rid of Jeb Bush, Rubio and at least a half-dozen other establishment posers. 

Asking what he's "done for the country" was a deflection.   And so too, are you, now morphing it into asking for "one example of what he's done to actually back up what he says he's going to do."

But I'll play your childish liberal tactic game:

1)He's bringing more and more voters over the the GOP.  Some estimate as many as TEN MILLION disenchanted and disenfranchised Democrats are switching over....something the Republicans have claimed was necessary in order to win a presidential election.

BTW...please tell me any candidate who runs for the presidency who can achieve "one thing for the country", 6 months out?   

or, as you request,

"one example of what he's done to actually back up what he says he's going to do", ... 6 months out?    :whistle:

D.C.  I'm not trying to pick a fight or argue.  I would like one legitimate reason to vote for Trump if he becomes the nominee.  Telling me because he'd be better than Hillary just doesn't cut it for me. As for what candidates would do 6 months out is not in question; but rather their credibility based on their past track record.  Trump's past track record is that of a liberal.  His current track record is one of insults and attacks.  He speaks like an elementary school bully and the only reassurance he can give people is because he has no record is; "trust me", or "believe me" I will do it.  Really?  Why in the heck should I believe him?  Case in point ... Hussein in the Senate created his "Global Poverty Act" S.2433 --- had people been paying attention, they would have known what his intentions were. With Trump all 'indicators' of what he will do in the future are of liberal past.  He has already flip-flopped on current issues. He has already made the statement that he needs to be more establishment.  He has already talked to the mayor in Laredo and said he would tone down his ideas on the border wall. He has changed his mind on social security, abortion, taxes, gun control, Hillary Clinton, etc., etc.  He has done nothing to back up what he says.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2016, 12:50:29 pm »
They hang on those four bankruptcies as if they were significant. They never mention the hundreds of hugely successful companies Trump built.

They also never bother to notice (willfully, of course) how successful companies like Apple and Amazon also had dozens of failed products and services, too.

You can't hit the fence if you're not swinging hard at the pitch.

LOL!  Apple and Amazon have never sought refuge in bankruptcy.  Since they're public companies, their top exec can't hide his personal liabilities in the business so that, when bankruptcy is filed, the exec's personal creditors get screwed along with the business creditors.

Trump is nothing if not duplicitous.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2016, 12:53:27 pm »
You know he's going to lose and you're already readying your scapegoats, arent' you?

I'm not one to chase squirrels in the backyard.   Please indulge somebody else for that, if that's your regimen.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2016, 12:54:09 pm »
Trump will break the lobbyist and special interest control of our very corrupt Congress. He will be the first President in the Oval Office working for the American people in recent history.   I consider that critical to returning America to greatness.  Maybe you do not.  :shrug:

Trump's understanding of global economics far surpasses that of all the other candidates combined.  His understanding is born of actual experience and America will finally have a leader who can turn his acumen into positive and tangible results for the American economy.  I think that unique expertise is sorely needed and needed NOW for the economic health of our nation and our position in the world.  Maybe you do not.   :shrug:

Trump brings an unfiltered love for the United States; and he is fighting to save it.  This fight includes borders with meaning.  He believes without enforceable borders there cannot be a nation.  I believe this, too.  Maybe you do not.   :shrug:

Trump has the backbone to take on the political correctness that is intruding on free speech.  He has no fear of the truth or the backlash for telling it.   Two words sum this up:  "Merry Christmas".  I want political correctness beaten back and destroyed.  Maybe you do not.   :shrug:

The whole of the entrenched corrupt ruling class--from Congress to the media to the pundits to failed candidates for the presidency have risen as one voice to stop Trump from ending their rule.  Yet, Trump withstands the assaults.  He stands stronger and taller for it.  We have screamed for Boehner and McConnell and now Ryan to stand with a steel spine against the uniparty.  Trump is doing this.  And I applaud him for it.  Maybe you do not.   :shrug:

Trump's message is resonating with Americans across the political spectrum.  We need this to win a national election.  This is important and positive.  Maybe you disagree.  :shrug:

Donald Trump is the right man for the right time.   I pray for his safety and his victory.  I hope you will join me.

Elegantly written, RiV.  :beer:

I may not agree with you, but that is a case stated well.  :patriot:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2016, 01:02:03 pm »

D.C.  I'm not trying to pick a fight or argue.  I would like one legitimate reason to vote for Trump if he becomes the nominee.  Telling me because he'd be better than Hillary just doesn't cut it for me.

As for what candidates would do 6 months out is not in question; but rather their credibility based on their past track record.  Trump's past track record is that of a liberal.  His current track record is one of insults and attacks.  He speaks like an elementary school bully and the only reassurance he can give people is because he has no record is; "trust me", or "believe me" I will do it.  Really? 

Why in the heck should I believe him?  Case in point ... Hussein in the Senate created his "Global Poverty Act" S.2433 --- had people been paying attention, they would have known what his intentions were. With Trump all 'indicators' of what he will do in the future are of liberal past.  He has already flip-flopped on current issues.

He has already made the statement that he needs to be more establishment.  He has already talked to the mayor in Laredo and said he would tone down his ideas on the border wall.

He has changed his mind on social security, abortion, taxes, gun control, Hillary Clinton, etc., etc.  He has done nothing to back up what he says.

I like you very much libertybele...hope you don't mind that I formatted your post.   :laugh:

I can give you MORE than one reason to vote for him.

1) Because the alternative is an Alisnkyite, Marxist Socialist.

2) Because the Supreme Court of the USA hangs in the balance.  With Trump...only HALF the sides of the dice are losing numbers.  Which is a lot better chance that we get with Hillary or whomever from the LEFT.

3) Because he believes in unfettered capitalism versus governmental regulation and control.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2016, 01:04:43 pm »

Well presented, RIV. You and I and millions of folks across middle America agree! We hold these truths to be self evident. (Gee, I hope I didn't poke a hornets nest with that line. I'd hate to get flamed so early on a Monday simply for using words. Oh, but, wait. That's what the Left and the Right are into these days; attacking words and ideas and those who speak them.)

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2016, 01:05:57 pm »

If this was Spring Training...starting tomorrow, you'd be moving way up in the batting order!   

Good job, RiV!    :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2016, 01:10:44 pm »

There is so much wrong with this it would be impossible to tackle it all, so let's pick out two.

First, how is Trump going to break the lobbyist and special interest control of another branch of government?  The president cannot force Congress to do anything, and he certainly can't bring about any reforms in Congress without their cooperation.  You Trump supporters seem not to realize that the president cannot force, influence, or change anything about the Congress on his own.  And Congress is not going to bend to his will on something like lobbying, which is free speech in another form.  A lobbyist for the pro-life cause is speaking for lots of pro-lifers.  So, Trump is not going to do anything about lobbyists.

Trump's understanding of economics is pathetic.  He believes he can force American businesses to bring jobs back to this country (he can't), that he can impose 45% tariffs on foreign goods on his own (he can't and Congress won't go along), and that he can convince voters that outsourcing is a bad thing when nearly every cheesy product he sells is made in China or Mexico.

Trump's message is not resonating.  He is supported by 34% of the Republican party and loses to Hillary Clinton in 95% of the polls.  He loses Hispanics, blacks, Asians and women by overwhelming margins and has burned so many bridges that he'll be lucky if he gets support from 65% of Republicans on election day.

In short, Trump will lose on November 8 in a massive landslide. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2016, 01:16:53 pm »
I like you very much libertybele...hope you don't mind that I formatted your post.   :laugh:

I can give you MORE than one reason to vote for him.

1) Because the alternative is an Alisnkyite, Marxist Socialist.

2) Because the Supreme Court of the USA hangs in the balance.  With Trump...only HALF the sides of the dice are losing numbers.  Which is a lot better chance that we get with Hillary or whomever from the LEFT.

3) Because he believes in unfettered capitalism versus governmental regulation and control.

First of all, there is no such thing as unfettered capitalism.  Taxes, basic environmental regulations (can't dump sludge in public lakes), and zoning laws restrain businesses and we all agree those are good things.

Second, Trump doesn't believe in it anyway.  He is for picking winners and losers by imposing punitive tariffs on imported goods, thus favoring higher-priced American goods and effectively raising taxes on every American.  He is for using the power of the federal government to attempt to force American businesses to repatriate jobs (he can't do that, but he's for it in any case).

Donald Trump is conning you, DC.