Author Topic: Donald Trump Calls Ted Cruz a P***y  (Read 7843 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Donald Trump Calls Ted Cruz a P***y
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2016, 09:46:45 pm »
my goodness it is just a word.  even on cnn last night they said p instead of that word.  PC sh7t has got to stop.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2016, 09:57:36 pm »
OK, I'm lost.  I think what I'm getting from this from several posters is "you can't call me or my candidate names, because that's hateful, but I can use fairly violent imagery towards you and it's just a figure of speech". 

Got it.

And here's another instigator   :laugh:

Should have stopped after "OK, I'm lost".

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2016, 09:59:42 pm »
There are two things that every genocidal dictatorship in the history of humanity have in common when it comes to how they deal with dissent/opposition.

One, they marginalize and delegitimize their ideas and ideals by arguing that those ideas and ideals are neither, but rather a front for hatred and envy.

Two, they dehumanize the opposition so that any actions against them, however vile, is justified in the name of cleansing the nation and/or the race.

The Bolsheviks did it.

The Nazis did it.

Mao did it.

Pol Pot did it.

When the Castro brothers did it, they held publicly televised "trials" where the accused were not allowed counsel, or even to speak on their own defense. They sat perfectly still while members of Castro's "revolurion" shouted at them, calling them leeches and parasites.

They were them executed by a firing squad.

My family did not escape this treatment. We wanted to leave Cuba, so we were labeled "gusanos"... worms.

My brother and I were called worms nearly daily, to our face.

Be very, very careful what it is that you promote.

If you get rid of roaches by flooding your house with rats, your problems got bigger, not better.

Not going to take the bait, Luis.

Take my words to mean whatever you want them to mean - and then launch into a long tirade about it.  Lure all the flies to that pile and get all outraged about it - take days to dissect it and get a little hysterical too.

She said WHAT?

Now, who's taking the bait?

000hehehehe

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2016, 10:00:54 pm »
OK, I'm lost.  I think what I'm getting from this from several posters is "you can't call me or my candidate names, because that's hateful, but I can use fairly violent imagery towards you and it's just a figure of speech". 

Got it.

Not sure who you are referring to so this is not aimed at you...

I was responding to Louis's statements, which were correct by the way...
"There are two things that every genocidal dictatorship in the history of humanity have in common when it comes to how they deal with dissent/opposition. "
"One, they marginalize and delegitimize their ideas and ideals by arguing that those ideas and ideals are neither, but rather a front for hatred and envy. "
"Two, they dehumanize the opposition so that any actions against them, however vile, is justified in the name of cleansing the nation and/or the race."

But he chose the name calling... I don't care what names you call people but I do care about systematic demonetization of the candidates. (except Hillary :) )

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2016, 10:03:30 pm »
Good to know that it's all right to call for the extermination of millions of American citizens because you don't like them.

See how the language of dehumanization makes it all okay?  They aren't people, you know; just cockroaches. 

Kill them.

---

See how demogoguery is a problem?  And how those they make such language their stock and trade are so dangerous?

---

As an aside, what about their wives, husbands, and children?  Do we need an exterminator for them, too?

When forced to see the 'enemy' as a human being, it's not so easy to spout off talk about 'exterminators' and 'life-sucking parasitic pests'...

Not going to take the bait, HonestJohn.

Take my words to mean whatever you want them to mean - and then launch into a long tirade about it.  Lure all the flies to that pile and get all outraged about it - take days to dissect it and get a little hysterical too.

She said WHAT?

000hehehehe

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2016, 10:04:05 pm »
We've gone over the edge. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2016, 10:06:14 pm »

Got it.

Yes.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2016, 10:08:34 pm »
Yeah....that's the ticket.

Every time we get you anti-Trumpers on the mat.....somebody blows a whistle and calls holding.

It's bullsh*t!    :laugh:

I'm not sure how anyone can categorize me as an anti or a pro but I get labels are important to some people rather than ideas so go for it.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »

When/If I have to hire an exterminator to eradicate filthy, life-sucking, and parasitic pests from an institution - I'm not going to care what kind of language he uses, I'm not going to care if he is not pure.  What I'm going to care about is that he gets the job done!

The filty, life-sucking, and parasitic pests to me, means, the Obama Administration and their people heading various Cabinet Departments, and the Department of Justice and IRS, and even the CIA.

The "institution" is Washington.

I'm way beyond the purity tests, the ability to spout pretty focus-group tested rhetoric, the election year pandering, and the well-rehearsed spiels.  I want a Terminator.  If that offends people's sensibilities, so be it.

The GOP had their chance, they promised they would do better if we would just keep voting for them....this time.....we'll do better.  They created this.  They own it.

Signed,
A Trumpster!

And anybody here who thinks Alice uses the word TERMINATOR literally, is just being obtuse.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2016, 10:11:11 pm »
Well, what I saw, was you taking Honest John's interpretation of what Alice said ...it wasn't in any manner a connection to putting people on trial and killing them.

Honest John came out of left field.  And you never took your eyes off him, it seems.   :laugh:

I quoted alice directly.

Reply 77 on this thread to be exact.

Describing other citizens as vermin that need to be eradicated, whether figuratively or not, is unacceptable.

We are all fond of slippery slide theoreticals in this forum. Where does that one lead?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2016, 10:11:21 pm »
Not going to take the bait, HonestJohn.

She said WHAT?

000hehehehe

Good girl, Lea!

:beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2016, 10:17:47 pm »

Not going to take the bait, Luis.

She said WHAT?

000hehehehe

Words mean what they mean.

Calling other American citizens "filthy, life-sucking, and parasitic pests" that need to be eradicated is unacceptable in any way that you may wish to try and sell it.

I disagree, violently and passionately sometimes, with people whose political ideology is at complete odds with mine, but THAT'S THEIR GOD-GIVEN RIGHT THAT THEY ARE EXERCISING, and when anyone... anyone starts talking like you did, they become the greater enemy.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:26:53 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2016, 10:18:30 pm »
That's right... run.

Like something that runs from the light.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2016, 10:38:24 pm »
That's right... run.

Like something that runs from the light.

Read post #109 and then get back to us.   :whistle:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2016, 10:56:51 pm »
And here's another instigator   :laugh:

Should have stopped after "OK, I'm lost".

Me an instigator?  Might want to look the word up, it doesn't mean what you appear to think it means.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2016, 10:59:00 pm »
Read post #109 and then get back to us.   :whistle:

"Us"?

Is it like a Borg collective thing or a "it's not that we don't have a mind of our own, but that it's divided among so many" thing?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2016, 11:15:11 pm »
Me an instigator?  Might want to look the word up, it doesn't mean what you appear to think it means.

I know what it means, Sanguine.

First Honest John starts it....Luis follows....and then you....who got a simple "Yes", from Luis.

The irony is that a little context and reading comprehension on each of your respective behalf, would have kept this from smoldering.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:16:29 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2016, 11:15:43 pm »
"Us"?

Is it like a Borg collective thing or a "it's not that we don't have a mind of our own, but that it's divided among so many" thing?

Strawman, Luis.   Focus.   :whistle:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2016, 11:18:21 pm »
I know what it means, Sanguine.

First Honest John starts it....Luis follows....and then you....who got a simple "Yes", from Luis.

The irony is that a little context and reading comprehension on your respective behalf, would have kept this from smoldering.

LOL, that's rich.  It's not all the agitating, name calling and, dare I say it - instigating - that you have been doing isn't the problem; it's just that if I had comprehended it differently, it wouldn't have been a problem.

:silly: :silly:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2016, 11:20:54 pm »
LOL, that's rich.  It's not all the agitating, name calling and, dare I say it - instigating - that you have been doing isn't the problem; it's just that if I had comprehended it differently, it wouldn't have been a problem.

:silly: :silly:

Why don't you stop digging, Sanguine?

Read #109....and break it down for us...where you think AliceWonders is advocating for the genocide of all our political enemies.

Can't wait....but take your time....and read slow.

Yeah....I'm getting pissed off.

Taking a little break.... :smokin:  all this "maufactured outrage" (credit to Lea)  by some of you is making it hard to breathe in here.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:22:38 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:42 pm »
Why don't you stop digging, Sanguine?

Read #109....and break it down for us...where you think AliceWonders is advocating for the genocide of all our political enemies.

Can't wait....but take your time....and read slow.

Yeah....I'm getting pissed off.

Taking a little break.... :smokin:  all this "maufactured outrage" (credit to Lea)  by some of you is making it hard to breathe in here.

Every now and then I feel like I need a break. Countering deceptive political attacks is thirsty work.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2016, 11:45:36 pm »
Calling other American citizens "filthy, life-sucking, and parasitic pests" that need to be eradicated

I got banned for a month for much, much less.

Trump supporters get away with a helluva lot more demonization than the anti-Trump people do.

But it's funny that they're taking their bile from their leader. If he can be nasty, why, so can we.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2016, 11:47:35 pm »
Every now and then I feel like I need a break. Countering deceptive political attacks is thirsty work.

They're pathetic on this topic.

NOTICE!!!!   The only way the meek will inherit the earth is as fertilizer.  This is NOT the time for "meek".   

We're in the fight for our very lives as freedom-loving Americans...and they curl up in a ball for what was essentially a re-tweet by Trump.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:47:54 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2016, 11:51:00 pm »
Calling other American citizens "filthy, life-sucking, and parasitic pests" that need to be eradicated

I got banned for a month for much, much less.

Trump supporters get away with a helluva lot more demonization than the anti-Trump people do.

But it's funny that they're taking their bile from their leader. If he can be nasty, why, so can we.

"...from an institution"

Nice try, Sinkspur.

"NEXT!!!"

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2016, 11:52:11 pm »
They're pathetic on this topic.

NOTICE!!!!   The only way the meek will inherit the earth is as fertilizer.  This is NOT the time for "meek".   

We're in the fight for our very lives as freedom-loving Americans...and they curl up in a ball for what was essentially a re-tweet by Trump.

Yes. The Good Lord had no idea what he was talking about.

Belligerence, anger, and profanity will inherit the earth,  the first beatitude according to the church of Trump.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:54:13 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.