Author Topic: Rand Paul: Dick Cheney 'Wrong' About Almost Every Foreign Policy Decision  (Read 20237 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Rand Paul: Dick Cheney 'Wrong' About Almost Every Foreign Policy Decision
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2015, 10:52:34 pm »
Think whatever you like my friend but you are very wrong!

Why did we invade Iraq and Afghanistan if the masterminds behind terrorism are in Iran?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2015, 10:55:57 pm »
Why did we invade Iraq and Afghanistan if the masterminds behind terrorism are in Iran?

That question is for someone FAR above my paygrade!  But I can guarantee you that the people who made those decisions had been told the truth!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2015, 11:00:00 pm »
Non sequitur.

Your obsession is creepy.

Islamic groups such as ISIS have existed as long as the cult of Islam has existed. 

The Koran literally advocates the atrocities of ISIS.  Islamic violence against fellow Muslims, Christians, etc. etc. has nothing to do with Western intervention.  They would still be burning gays and Christians if the U.S. never set foot in Iraq, and had instead allowed Saddam to conquer Kuwait and slaughter its citizens.  Blaming the U.S. for the horrors of Islam is just plain dumb, which makes sense because it's a liberal POV.

ISIS would exist with or without invading Iraq in one form or another.  Saddam would likely be funding them. Hell, your president literally armed them in Syria, along with help from the lying psychopath HRC.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:03:09 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2015, 11:02:05 pm »
Islamic groups such as ISIS have existed as long as the cult of Islam has existed. 

The Koran literally advocates the atrocities of ISIS.  it has nothing to do with Western intervention.  They would be burning gays and Christians if the U.S. never set foot in Iraq and had allowed Saddam to conquer Kuwait and slaughter its citizens.

ISIS would exist with or without invading Iraq. Hell, your president literally armed them in Syria, along with help from the lying psychopath HRC.

The historical FACT is that Christians had endured Muslim attacks for about 500 years before the first crusade even began!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2015, 11:04:56 pm »

The Koran literally advocates the atrocities of ISIS.  it has nothing to do with Western intervention.  They would be burning gays and Christians if the U.S. never set foot in Iraq and had allowed Saddam to conquer Kuwait and slaughter its citizens.

ISIS would exist with or without invading Iraq. Hell, your president literally armed them in Syria, along with help from the lying psychopath HRC.

I never said or even implied that Islamic extremism wouldn't exist without our intervention. I said ISIS wouldn't exist without our intervention. ISIS would be incapable of doing what they do without the military equipment they got because of our intervention.
-Socrates

Offline Carling

« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2015, 11:05:22 pm »
The historical FACT is that Christians had endured Muslim attacks for about 500 years before the first crusade even began!

You can't reason with a liberal.  They are mentally ill.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2015, 11:07:32 pm »
You can't reason with a liberal.  They are mentally ill.

How well I know!  Please forgive my intrusion!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2015, 11:08:41 pm »
I never said or even implied that Islamic extremism wouldn't exist without our intervention. I said ISIS wouldn't exist without our intervention. ISIS would be incapable of doing what they do without the military equipment they got because of our intervention.

You mean that they got from Obama via Benghazi Libya don't you?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2015, 11:09:07 pm »
You mean that they got from Obama via Benghazi Libya don't you?

I hope you weren't expecting me to defend Obama.
-Socrates

Offline Carling

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2015, 11:11:20 pm »

ISIS gained strength because your president and his pathological lying SOS:

1)  were shipping arms to groups that became ISIS, and

2)  abandoned Iraq when we should have left permanent bases there.

Obama supports ISIS, but you can't put that blame on Cheney and Bush.

Your president is deliberately ousting secular governments in favor of Islamic regimes.  Blame him, but don't you dare blame it on the military that did its job, only to have their efforts reversed by the Jarrett/Obama sh*t sandwich.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:11:53 pm by Carling »

Offline Carling

« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2015, 11:14:15 pm »
I hope you weren't expecting me to defend Obama.

No, you'll just blame the U.S. and Cheney for invading Iraq and winning, and not the current president who deliberately aided and abetted the rise of ISIS.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2015, 11:22:09 pm »
ISIS gained strength because your president and his pathological lying SOS:

You know a lot of high ranking ISIS members were previously part of Saddam's military, right? Invading Iraq played a role in the formation of ISIS as well.

2)  abandoned Iraq when we should have left permanent bases there.

The removal of our troops in 2011 was part of a deal made between Bush and the Iraqi government in 2008. Please use the links below to educate yourself.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/12/20081214-2.html

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/122074.pdf

Blame him, but don't you dare blame it on the military that did its job, only to have their efforts reversed by the Jarrett/Obama sh*t sandwich.

I've never blamed our soldiers for anything. Only the politicians that decide what they do. How can you say we made real progress when everything fell apart the moment we left? The progress you believe we had made is imaginary. We dominated the region with superior firepower and that is it. We could easily do it again and just like before we wouldn't achieve anything.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:25:38 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2015, 11:26:15 pm »
No, you'll just blame the U.S. and Cheney for invading Iraq and winning, and not the current president who deliberately aided and abetted the rise of ISIS.

In a nutshell, the pathological leftist pacifist's irrational defense of the indefensible.

Well said, Carling.   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2015, 11:32:33 pm »
You know a lot of high ranking ISIS members were previously part of Saddam's military, right? Invading Iraq played a role in the formation of ISIS as well.

The removal of our troops in 2011 was part of a deal made between Bush and the Iraqi government in 2008. Please use the links below to educate yourself.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/12/20081214-2.html

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/122074.pdf

I've never blamed our soldiers for anything. Only the politicians that decide what they do. How can you say we made real progress when everything fell apart the moment we left? The progress you believe we had made is imaginary. We dominated the region with superior firepower and that is it. We could easily do it again and just like before we wouldn't achieve anything.

Yes, I already posted that Saddam would be funding and arming ISIS were he still in power.  He also supported Hamas.  If you're not going to read my posts, then what's the point?

Also, Obama could have stayed in Iraq regardless of any Bush agreement. 

Please educate yourself.

"Obama inherited a timeline to exit Iraq from George W. Bush and followed it, but there was no agreement to leave a large force behind. The Obama White House considered 10,000 troops for a short time but ruled it out, suggesting a much smaller force. Negotiations with Iraq broke down, however, and there was no agreement that met conditions Washington wanted."

BOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH!  It's like you leftists have Tourette's.  Even worse was you pretending to be a "moderate."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:38:34 pm by Carling »

Offline Carling

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2015, 11:40:59 pm »
In a nutshell, it was 100% Obama's decision to withdraw all troops from Iraq.  The Iraqis were perfectly fine with a U.S. base, but that would have hurt Obama politically in the 2012 election.

Mods, if you're going to allow liberals to post here, could you at least have them follow reality, and not stupid liberal talking points that everyone here knows are lies?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:42:02 pm by Carling »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2015, 11:41:50 pm »
Yes, I already posted that Saddam would be funding and arming ISIS were he still in power. 

Do you have evidence of that or is it just what you want to believe?

Also, Obama could have stayed in Iraq regardless of any Bush agreement. 

Bush made an agreement with the Iraqi government and Obama honored that agreement. It was Bush's idea, meaning Bush would have removed our troops too.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2015, 11:45:25 pm »
In a nutshell, it was 100% Obama's decision to withdraw all troops from Iraq.  The Iraqis were perfectly fine with a U.S. base, but that would have hurt Obama politically in the 2012 election.

Bush would have done the exact same thing Obama did.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:46:30 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Carling

« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »

Bush made an agreement with the Iraqi government and Obama honored that agreement. It was Bush's idea, meaning Bush would have removed our troops too.

Wrong.  Stop lying.  Obama and Iraq were negotiating leaving troops behind.  Obama ended negotiations after the backlash from you and your fellow leftists who are the Dem base.

Grow up and take some responsibility for the failure of your president and his decision to stop negotiating with Iraq.  Again, stop lying and educate yourself, or get the hell off of our board.

As for Saddam, he was already supporting Islamic terrorism.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2015, 11:50:27 pm »
Obama and Iraq were negotiating leaving troops behind.  Obama ended negotiations after the backlash from you and your fellow leftists who are the Dem base.

Oh, so Obama wanted to leave troops behind despite Bush's plan to leave Iraq?

Grow up and take some responsibility for the failure of your president and his decision to stop negotiating with Iraq.  Again, stop lying and educate yourself, or get the hell off of our board.

You're the one that needs to grow up.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:51:18 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Carling

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2015, 11:52:58 pm »
Bush would have done the exact same thing Obama did.

The things we can imagine!

I love when the lunacy of a closet liberal is finally unmasked, and the mind of a liberal simpleton is exposed. I enjoy it immensely.

Offline Carling

« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2015, 11:55:55 pm »
The 2011 withdrawal was always negotiable and was meant to be addressed in the future, which is exactly what Iraq and Obama were doing because Iraq still wanted troops.

You're a proven liar already, and I won't waste anymore time with a lying liberal.  I also refuse to be civil with you as you came to this community under false pretenses at the beginning.

If the 2011 deadline was permanent, why was your president even negotiating with Iraq?  Duh
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:57:19 pm by Carling »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2015, 11:56:10 pm »

Mods, if you're going to allow liberals to post here, could you at least have them follow reality, and not stupid liberal talking points that everyone here knows are lies?

Come on, Carling....Dexter may have a liberal slant on certain issues.  I write it off as a result of age and inexperience, not that he/she may be a Democrat plant or something.

In hindsight, every KIA and wounded in action since Viet Nam...hell, since Korea, was for naught.   Because we refuse to wipe out our enemies.  Instead we act like some intellectual species that believes grown men and general populations can be pacified simply by occupation. 

Who in the hell can argue that point?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2015, 12:00:15 am »
Do you have evidence of that or is it just what you want to believe?

Jesus H. Christ!!   Are you a flipping idiot?   Or do you just play one on our board? 

Unless you change your tune immediately, I'll never respond to your crap posts ever again.

Advice....stay the hell off foreign policy/military threads.  Ya goober.   :chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2015, 12:00:27 am »
Come on, Carling....Dexter may have a liberal slant on certain issues.  I write it off as a result of age and inexperience, not that he/she may be a Democrat plant or something.

In hindsight, every KIA and wounded in action since Viet Nam...hell, since Korea, was for naught.   Because we refuse to wipe out our enemies.  Instead we act like some intellectual species that believes grown men and general populations can be pacified simply by occupation. 

Who in the hell can argue that point?

I've been outing liberals on forums for years.  Dexter is a liberal.

The rest of your post does not address Obama's decision to abandon Iraq, or any of Dexter's deliberately false liberal talking points about it being Bush's fault that Barry left Iraq.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2015, 12:05:56 am »
I've been outing liberals on forums for years.  Dexter is a liberal.

The rest of your post does not address Obama's decision to abandon Iraq, or any of Dexter's deliberately false liberal talking points about it being Bush's fault that Barry left Iraq.

I was merely giving him the benefit of any doubt.  Should have finished reading all the posts before responding...but who the heck does that?   :laugh:

Am fully aware of the Status of Forces Agreement which Obama purposely maneuvered so that he could pull out under pretenses that American soldiers could be prosecuted under Iraqi law for any 'crimes' committed while serving inside the country.   

Who here doesn't think it wasn't a big deal to get an Iraqi official to demand such a preposterous notion?  There are BILLIONS of $$$ missing from the Defense AND State Departments under Obama.