Author Topic: Rand Paul: Dick Cheney 'Wrong' About Almost Every Foreign Policy Decision  (Read 20206 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Rand Paul: Dick Cheney 'Wrong' About Almost Every Foreign Policy Decision
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2015, 12:06:24 am »
The 2011 withdrawal was always negotiable and was meant to be addressed in the future, which is exactly what Iraq and Obama were doing because Iraq still wanted troops.

Bush would have removed the troops too. That's why he made the agreement to do so.

You're a proven liar already, and I won't waste anymore time with a lying liberal.  I also refuse to be civil with you as you came to this community under false pretenses at the beginning.

You refuse to be civil because you're immature.

If the 2011 deadline was permanent, why was your president even negotiating with Iraq?  Duh

I never said the agreement was binding. I said Obama honored the agreement Bush made. Why would Bush make that agreement if he didn't want to remove the troops? Duh.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2015, 12:08:53 am »
Jesus H. Christ!!   Are you a flipping idiot?   Or do you just play one on our board? 

Unless you change your tune immediately, I'll never respond to your crap posts ever again.

Advice....stay the hell off foreign policy/military threads.  Ya goober.   :chairbang:

Why not refute what I said instead of name calling? Is it because you can't? Whether or not you respond to me is your prerogative.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2015, 12:13:49 am »
I've been outing liberals on forums for years.  Dexter is a liberal.

The rest of your post does not address Obama's decision to abandon Iraq, or any of Dexter's deliberately false liberal talking points about it being Bush's fault that Barry left Iraq.

I never said it was Bush's fault. There is no fault because it was the right decision. Bush did good when he made that agreement.
-Socrates

Godzilla

« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2015, 12:22:12 am »
You know the best thing about all this is Cards vs. Pirates.

Ninjas vs Pirates!!!

Godzilla

« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2015, 12:24:54 am »
You've been misled for the sake of the military-industrial complex and others that profit from war. Islamic extremism cannot be defeated with bombs. It makes me sad to think many of you will never realize that.

Actually, it can.  The question really is, "What becomes of us if we go that route?  Killing all Muslims until they cry mercy."

What we *CAN* do and what is acceptable behavior are two very, VERY different things.

Online libertybele

« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2015, 12:25:05 am »
Ninjas vs Pirates!!!

Conservatives vs. liberal mental midgets!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2015, 12:25:31 am »
You didn't address the point I made. ISIS would not exist if we had never gone to war.

/snicker

I suppose Al Qaeda wouldn't exist if we hadn't gone to war, right?

Saddam Hussein wouldn't have existed if we hadn't gone to war, right?

Iran wouldn't be a radical muslim terror-supporting tyranny if we hadn't gone to war, right?

heck, the Nazis would have been Europe's premier gardening club if we hadn't gone to war, right?

I respect the science stories you find, but your geopolitical sensibilities and general political/philosophical understanding leaves much to be desired.

Godzilla

« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2015, 12:26:50 am »
The problem is you won't have the willingness to do what needs to be done to get that level of compliance.

Arabs (in general) are NOT Westerners. They react a lot more like the Japanese. If you want their compliance you have, basically, to terrify them and keep on terrifying them until their great grandchildren will be born with an ingrained fear of you.

Nukes worked on the Japanese (about the only thing that would at the time) but they WILL NOT WORK for this fight. You aren't fighting a nation, with cities and ports and strategic resources. You are fighting an ideology and thus will have to apply the terror retail rather than wholesale.

Your military is admirable. Honorable men and women and they'd simply not stand for it. Nor would the populace. Lets face it, a quarter of the population of the West already consider anyone in uniform to be subhuman baby killers and another quarter of the population are basically too decent to go along with it in the first place.

This. 

Agree completely.

Godzilla

« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2015, 12:29:48 am »
Going into Vietnam was a mistake too.

Honestly speaking, had we supported Ho Chi Minh after WWII in his quest to remove the French from his country... Vietnam would be one of our friends in the region.  And they would have been capitalist.

For Ho Chi Minh only turned to the Soviet Union after we ignored his calls.

Online libertybele

« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2015, 12:30:16 am »
/snicker

Iran wouldn't be a radical muslim terror-supporting tyranny if we hadn't gone to war, right?

heck, the Nazis would have been Europe's premier gardening club if we hadn't gone to war, right?

I respect the science stories you find, but your geopolitical sensibilities and general political/philosophical understanding leaves much to be desired.

Denial is a form of apathy.  Keeping one's head buried in the sand is characteristic of both.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2015, 12:30:53 am »
/snicker

No, all of those would still have existed. ISIS wouldn't, though. It's an irrefutable fact that ISIS is as potent as it is because of the U.S military equipment it acquired. The extremists would still be there but they wouldn't be massively empowered like they are now. They wouldn't be ISIS.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:33:10 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Godzilla

« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2015, 12:31:14 am »
W.a.r. M.o.n.g.e.r.i.n.g.   It is hopeless to suppose you will discuss this in a reasonable way.

Warmonger
Fishmonger
Ironmonger

A monger is just a seller.  They need a buyer to stay in business.

Godzilla

« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2015, 12:33:26 am »
It would be nice if Iran was the focus of evil but it's just one of many bad actors.

I saw a political cartoon about the US, Iran, and ISIS... and thought it very accurate.

Godzilla

« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2015, 12:36:30 am »
Conservatives vs. liberal mental midgets!

Godzilla vs. King Kong!!!

Oceander

« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2015, 12:40:04 am »
No, all of those would still have existed. ISIS wouldn't, though. It's an irrefutable fact that ISIS is as potent as it is because of the U.S military equipment it acquired. The extremists would still be there but they wouldn't be massively empowered like they are now. They wouldn't be ISIS.

It is not irrefutable.  It is rather refutable, not the least because the Kurds are refuting it on the ground every day.

Use your head for what it was intended, not for toilet paper.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2015, 12:43:31 am »
It is not irrefutable.  It is rather refutable, not the least because the Kurds are refuting it on the ground every day.

Use your head for what it was intended, not for toilet paper.

How are the Kurds refuting what I said? How would ISIS have done what it has done without all of the equipment they got from us?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:45:47 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2015, 12:45:47 am »
How are the Kurds refuting what I said? How would ISIS do what it has done without all of the equipment they got from us?

Oh, I dunno, maybe with the oil they got control of before they got all that equipment.  Maybe from the stocks they captured from Syria?  Maybe from Iran?  Maybe ....?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2015, 12:48:05 am »
Oh, I dunno, maybe with the oil they got control of before they got all that equipment.  Maybe from the stocks they captured from Syria?  Maybe from Iran?  Maybe ....?

Do you seriously believe ISIS would be what it is without the equipment they got from us?
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2015, 12:48:53 am »
Do you seriously believe ISIS would be what it is without the equipment they got from us?

I think it's unknowable.  Playing with counterfactuals is playing with fire.  And if you're on fire, it's not because you're correct.

Godzilla

« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2015, 12:50:32 am »

Iran isn't funding ISIS.  They are paying for and equipping Hezbollah to fight against ISIS.  It's a major war for the Hezbollah, with large new cemetaries being built in Lebanon to handle the dead.  It's also made the border between Israel and Lebanon much quieter, as the Hezbollah have no more manpower to make hay with Israel.

Personally, I think that after their war with ISIS, the Hezbollah veterans will be far less likely to want to instigate anything with Israel.  They'll have had their fill of carnage and war to last their lifetime.  (as for the next generation... who knows?)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:53:24 am by Godzilla »

Oceander

« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2015, 12:51:40 am »
Iran isn't funding ISIS.  They are paying for and equipping Hezbollah to fight against ISIS.  It's a major war for the Hezbollah, with large new cemetaries being built in Lebanon to handle the dead.  It's also made the border between Israel and Lebanon much quieter, as the Hezbollah have no more manpower to make hay with Israel.

Iran passes money around to whomever will cause problems for the US.  If they then have to come back 'round and kill off their cats' paws, they have no problem with that, either.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2015, 12:51:50 am »
I think it's unknowable.  Playing with counterfactuals is playing with fire.  And if you're on fire, it's not because you're correct.

There's no way they would have achieved what they have without the firepower they got from us. Do you think our intervention improved the Middle East? Do you think more intervention would improve it?
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2015, 12:52:56 am »

Thank you for bringing up the fact that Iran is actively trying to stop ISIS.
-Socrates

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2015, 12:54:46 am »
There's no way they would have achieved what they have without the firepower they got from us. Do you think our intervention improved the Middle East? Do you think more intervention would improve it?

The only reason that they have achieved what they have is that OBAMA let them!  Put that in your pipe and smoke it Junior!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Godzilla

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2015, 12:55:40 am »
Iran passes money around to whomever will cause problems for the US.  If they then have to come back 'round and kill off their cats' paws, they have no problem with that, either.

You realize that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard are actually in Iraq, actively fighting ISIS?

They aren't going to fund the enemy that is killing their own soldiers, any more than we'd fund North Korea in the midst of the Korean war.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_intervention_in_Iraq_(2014–present)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:00:06 am by Godzilla »