Author Topic: Donald Trump Resumes Attack on Megyn Kelly as She Returns to TV  (Read 16855 times)

Offline evadR

Re: Donald Trump Resumes Attack on Megyn Kelly as She Returns to TV
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2015, 01:00:03 pm »
All our customs and laws have been dumbed down and perverted.

That's why we need Trump, to shock "us" back into a sense of turning things around.

It is so true that nothing would be happening about serious issues were it not for Trump's entry into the race.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

bkepley

« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2015, 01:07:11 pm »
All our customs and laws have been dumbed down and perverted.

That's why we need Trump, to shock "us" back into a sense of turning things around.

It is so true that nothing would be happening about serious issues were it not for Trump's entry into the race.

Other than illegal immigration, what has he brought to the race?  Bernie Sanders has already brought all his other complaints into the race.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2015, 01:20:02 pm »
So if I think you worthy of boorish language am I right in using it?

Did you raise your kids that way?

In the minds of people who called Laura Bush a fat cu#t she was worthy of it, otherwise they wouldn't have said it, so I guess if that's the society you want to live in you would be ok with that.

I'm not, and I certainly expect our POTUS to behave in a more civil manner than that.

However Bill Clinton may have acted toward women did not/should not become the new standard for acceptable behavior for U.S. Presidents.

Haven't you said before that it's wrong for us to expect one person –one president– to come in and save us, we conservative Americans?

What difference then does it make if a candidate uses lowbrow language? It wasn't the f word, was it? Millions of voters tune into TV fare with language just as realistic as what Trump employed. In fact, your posts can be just as salty sometimes, but I perceive you to be a good man, husband and father, probably pretty effective at your job, where I'm sure you probably exercise decorum in appropriate circumstances.

Honestly, I prefer someone use appropriate language, but if he's doing his job I'm not going to care too much if he doesn't.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2015, 01:23:47 pm »
Yep....wondering where the hell you've been.   

Trump all effing day long 'round here.   :shrug:

Going to make a promise to myself to stay in lurk mode on the Trump threads.  I've had it.

I'm not even going to lurk any more.

I'm not good in dealing with irrational insults, and I'm not good in dealing with people with irrational crushes on nasty people.

I have NO problem with people who are still considering Trump, or like that he's putting the media in their place.

What I have problems with is people like old north church who seem to have lost their freaking minds over a primary political candidate, not because of principle, but because he's nasty.

I'm not even going to lurk for a while.

I'm gone from these threads......

(But I did sleep well, and my conscience is clear).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2015, 01:30:06 pm »

My concern is that he appeals to the worst that is in us rather than the best that is in us.  It seems Trump is running for "Bully in Chief" and since the people are sick and tired of our current "Wimp in Chief" they respond to his tactics.  But, for me, as I analyze what little he gives us of his policy positions I find very little there I can support.  I don't support tariffs and trade barriers.  I support an open market with Mexico and the other nations of the Pacific rim.  I support lower taxes on everyone, and a simplified flat tax or fair tax. I oppose knee-jerk interventionism is the Middle East.  I support limited presidential authority and the constitutional balance of power. 

While I admire his cajones, I don't yet see how I can support Trump when he seems so at odds with my fundamental political philosophy.  But I will keep watching him run roughshod over the rest of the Republican field and marvel at the befuddlement of Jeb Bush and the others at their inability to come up with a strategy to deal with Trump; and I will ask myself "if this candidate cannot positively differentiate himself from a blowhard bully, how on earth can he succeed against Hillary and the Democrats?" 

If none of the other candidates can overcome the populist wave that is Trump, I guess I will go and get myself a very bad wig and join the manic parade.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:32:05 pm by massadvj »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2015, 01:57:53 pm »
Sticks and stones, Luis, sticks and stones.  You and others here have formed your opinion based upon whatever it is people form their opinions upon.  You are entitled to it, as I am entitled to mine.
My point, from minute one re:  Trump is this, he is forcing the electorate to face facts, an intervention of sorts.  The "wink and nod politics" of the past is gone.  His confession is no less disgusting as a mob boss or cook in a fine restaraunt.
Are people still getting emails soliciting money to "fight Obamacare"?  Protect gun rights?  Stop abortion?  The are getting hosed, fleeced, screwed.  This is no different than fraudulent uranium mines in Wyoming.  Actually, there is a different, it's all okay because it's politics.
You may not have a problem with the political status quo.  I do.  I'm just a bit pissed he's not working exposing the Democrats but hey, the MSM wouldn't have allowed that.

This is for both you and aligncare.

I am not running for POTUS, in fact,m I will NEVER run for POTUS, so I won;t ever be viewed as the face and voice of the people of this country.

Trump may be.

You and aligncare may want the face and voice of the U.S. to be some crass, lowbrow jerk who insults women and thinks he's above reproach or criticism, but the rest of us get an opinion.

Trump is the epitome of "wink and nod politics", he tells you that what's wrong with out government is that politicians are bought by rich people, and that he knows this because he's done it all his life, and you blame the politicians for the mess we're in, and not the man who admits to paying them off to do the things that got us into this mess.

You're pissed off and you're formulating your opinions on your anger and not on facts.

Facts:

Trump is pro-choice... not a conservative value.
Trump is pro gun control... not a conservative value
Trump is pro-amnesty... not your conservative value
Trump is pro socialized health care... not a conservative value
Trump is pro tax hikes... not a conservative value
Trump is pro tariffs... not a conservative value
Trump publicly states that the economy does better under Democrats... is that what conservatives believe?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline olde north church

« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2015, 02:19:59 pm »
This is for both you and aligncare.

I am not running for POTUS, in fact,m I will NEVER run for POTUS, so I won;t ever be viewed as the face and voice of the people of this country.

Trump may be.

You and aligncare may want the face and voice of the U.S. to be some crass, lowbrow jerk who insults women and thinks he's above reproach or criticism, but the rest of us get an opinion.

Trump is the epitome of "wink and nod politics", he tells you that what's wrong with out government is that politicians are bought by rich people, and that he knows this because he's done it all his life, and you blame the politicians for the mess we're in, and not the man who admits to paying them off to do the things that got us into this mess.

You're pissed off and you're formulating your opinions on your anger and not on facts.

Facts:

Trump is pro-choice... not a conservative value.
Trump is pro gun control... not a conservative value
Trump is pro-amnesty... not your conservative value
Trump is pro socialized health care... not a conservative value
Trump is pro tax hikes... not a conservative value
Trump is pro tariffs... not a conservative value
Trump publicly states that the economy does better under Democrats... is that what conservatives believe?

As I mentioned, maybe not on this thread, I had a bit of support for Chris Christie.  A bit, but open for consideration of others.
I could tell you who I'm pretty sure I wouldn't vote for and some reasons for that based upon personal experience:

Ben Carson:  Thoughtful, intelligent but I don't think he would do well situations of national security.  It's a bit ironic because as a neurosurgeon, things can go quickly south.

Carly Fiorino:  What's the female equivalent of "Peter", as in "Peter Principle".  She's an Affirmative Action hire with the smarts to cover it.

Santorum and Huckabee:  2008/2012 called, they want their candidates back.

Pataki, Graham, Gilmore(?):  Really?

Jeb:  "Stay out da Bushes!"

Walker:  Tepid

Cruz:  A bit too pious for me but possibly.

Paul:  Not serious

Perry:  See Santorum, Huckabee

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:20:38 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline evadR

« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2015, 02:29:17 pm »
As I mentioned, maybe not on this thread, I had a bit of support for Chris Christie.  A bit, but open for consideration of others.
I could tell you who I'm pretty sure I wouldn't vote for and some reasons for that based upon personal experience:

Ben Carson:  Thoughtful, intelligent but I don't think he would do well situations of national security.  It's a bit ironic because as a neurosurgeon, things can go quickly south.

Carly Fiorino:  What's the female equivalent of "Peter", as in "Peter Principle".  She's an Affirmative Action hire with the smarts to cover it.

LOL...excellent post.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2015, 02:34:29 pm »
LOL...excellent post.

Pretty much captured the essence of it, didn't he? Straight talker that onc.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:35:16 pm by aligncare »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2015, 02:34:31 pm »

Do you support abortion, gun control, amnesty, socialized health care, higher taxes, higher tariffs and do you believe that the economy does better under the Democrats?

Are those the kinds of things that in your mind resonate with the "salt of the Earth" people?

If so, and as your support for Trump indicates, you are a Democrat because you support a candidate whose positions are identical to the positions of the Democrats in the race.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2015, 02:36:40 pm »
I'm not even going to lurk any more.

I'm not good in dealing with irrational insults, and I'm not good in dealing with people with irrational crushes on nasty people.

I have NO problem with people who are still considering Trump, or like that he's putting the media in their place.

What I have problems with is people like old north church who seem to have lost their freaking minds over a primary political candidate, not because of principle, but because he's nasty.

I'm not even going to lurk for a while.

(But I did sleep well, and my conscience is clear).

I'm with you.

But maybe on a more global scale.

Offline evadR

« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2015, 02:38:37 pm »
I'll tell you what I believe is the value of Trump.

Obviously, it's not because of his conservative creds.
It's because he has shaken this bunch up to the point they are actually facing and talking about real issues. He talks about critical issues that almost all of the others skate by. Thugs on the streets, gangs, national security, the economy, jobs in America, foreign relations and, the all encompassing illegal alien problem.
He's in your face and if you want to get down and dirty, he will come back at you with a vengeance. He does not back down.

THAT's the value of Trump.

Offline evadR

« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2015, 02:39:11 pm »
Pretty much captured the essence of it, didn't he? Straight talker that onc.
A B S O L U T E L Y !!

Offline evadR

« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2015, 02:41:19 pm »

Well, I hope not for long.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2015, 02:53:39 pm »

Well, I hope not for long.

Until the cult-emotion is over, and rational thought returns and interest in conservative principles (ANY of them) makes a comeback.....

I'll respond to this thread until it fades, and then avoid every single thread with "Trump" in the title.

Bullying is not my style, and supporting a (Democrat) bully, simply because he's 'our' bully unthinkable.

Conservatives are better than this....

........or at least we used to be.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2015, 03:26:34 pm »
Until the cult-emotion is over, and rational thought returns and interest in conservative principles (ANY of them) makes a comeback.....

I'll respond to this thread until it fades, and then avoid every single thread with "Trump" in the title.

Bullying is not my style, and supporting a (Democrat) bully, simply because he's 'our' bully unthinkable.

Conservatives are better than this....

........or at least we used to be.

Again, I find your attitude, along with Luis and a few others, quite condescending.  If I recall correctly, you were a prosecutor.  Did you lose gracefully when faced with an abhorrent defendent, who basically was caught red-handed, did you marshal all your forces to win the battle?  Based upon your attitude, the jailhouse snitch was never questioned.  Good cop, bad cop was tossed to the wind.  Scientific methods were set aside.
The Democrats are that abhorrent defendant.  The Establishment GOP is that defendant.  They haven't changed.  They give lip service but the world keeps turning.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2015, 03:48:34 pm »
I'll tell you what I believe is the value of Trump.

Obviously, it's not because of his conservative creds.
It's because he has shaken this bunch up to the point they are actually facing and talking about real issues. He talks about critical issues that almost all of the others skate by. Thugs on the streets, gangs, national security, the economy, jobs in America, foreign relations and, the all encompassing illegal alien problem.
He's in your face and if you want to get down and dirty, he will come back at you with a vengeance. He does not back down.

THAT's the value of Trump.

HE has driven the conversation to issues that (if the GOP falls in step with him) will benefit the Democrats.

So Trump's value is to the Democrats.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2015, 05:46:44 pm »
Again, I find your attitude, along with Luis and a few others, quite condescending.  If I recall correctly, you were a prosecutor.  Did you lose gracefully when faced with an abhorrent defendent, who basically was caught red-handed, did you marshal all your forces to win the battle?  Based upon your attitude, the jailhouse snitch was never questioned.  Good cop, bad cop was tossed to the wind.  Scientific methods were set aside.
The Democrats are that abhorrent defendant.  The Establishment GOP is that defendant.  They haven't changed.  They give lip service but the world keeps turning.

I'm a music professor.

Stop making things up to defend the indefensible.

But since you did post back to me after your nonsensical tirade last night about 'sisterhood" (Freaky), I'll present this parallel scenario to you.

If I supported MK just because she's a woman and I'm a woman (dopy assumption on your part), then I should, by all logical standards, have supported Candy Crowley when she attacked Mitt Romney during a debate, because Candy is a woman, and I'm a woman, and Mitt is a man.

Do you see how stupid your ad hominem was on me?  Do you see that I am NOT a Hillary supporter, and want to have her be President because of her internal organs?

You can't just fly off the handle and make nonsensical personal attacks because you don't want anyone to disagree with your support for Trump.

Stop being so stinking condescending.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2015, 06:40:55 pm »
 :bolt: remind me never to get on the wrong side of you. I promise, I'll be good.

Offline evadR

« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2015, 06:52:16 pm »
"So Trump's value is to the Democrats."

Suffice it to say I don't accept your premise or your conclusion.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2015, 06:58:37 pm »
HE has driven the conversation to issues that (if the GOP falls in step with him) will benefit the Democrats.

So Trump's value is to the Democrats.

Trump drove 24 million eyeballs to the first debate.  Presumably, a lot of people got exposed to conservative thinking who would not have otherwise been exposed to it.  So there are positives associated with Trump that may or may not offset the negatives.

« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2015, 08:08:21 pm »
I'm a music professor.

Stop making things up to defend the indefensible.

But since you did post back to me after your nonsensical tirade last night about 'sisterhood" (Freaky), I'll present this parallel scenario to you.

If I supported MK just because she's a woman and I'm a woman (dopy assumption on your part), then I should, by all logical standards, have supported Candy Crowley when she attacked Mitt Romney during a debate, because Candy is a woman, and I'm a woman, and Mitt is a man.

Do you see how stupid your ad hominem was on me?  Do you see that I am NOT a Hillary supporter, and want to have her be President because of her internal organs?

You can't just fly off the handle and make nonsensical personal attacks because you don't want anyone to disagree with your support for Trump.

Stop being so stinking condescending.

My apologies on the confusion of professions.  I thought someone here was formerly a prosecutor and for someone I thought it was you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2015, 08:19:32 pm »
Trump drove 24 million eyeballs to the first debate.  Presumably, a lot of people got exposed to conservative thinking who would not have otherwise been exposed to it.  So there are positives associated with Trump that may or may not offset the negatives.
You have a knack for finding the silver lining of the dark cloud.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2015, 08:21:25 pm »
My apologies on the confusion of professions.  I thought someone here was formerly a prosecutor and for someone I thought it was you.

I believe that's mountaineer.

« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2015, 08:33:56 pm »
I believe that's mountaineer.

Thank you.