Author Topic: Trump Suggests He May Be Open to Amnesty  (Read 2424 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Trump Suggests He May Be Open to Amnesty
« on: July 24, 2015, 01:37:55 am »

At a campaign event today at the U.S.-Mexico border, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump left the door open to amnesty. He did so at a press conference on the border:

A reporter asked, "Mr. Trump, what would you do with the 11 million undocument immigrants who are already here?"

"The first thing we have to do is strengthen our borders," Trump started.

The reporter interrupted, "But after that -- after that."

"And after that we're going to have plenty of time to talk about it," Trump said, failing to answer the question and then hastily ending his press conference. "Thank you very much. Thank you everybody."

Trump has not made clear how as president of the United States he would deal with the illegal immigrants already in this country. Today's press conference left the door open for some sort of amnesty in the future.

Source: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/trump-suggests-he-may-be-open-amnesty_996368.html
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Trump Suggests He May Be Open to Amnesty
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 01:38:29 am »
His words...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 02:00:14 am »
At a campaign event today at the U.S.-Mexico border, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump left the door open to amnesty. He did so at a press conference on the border:

A reporter asked, "Mr. Trump, what would you do with the 11 million undocument immigrants who are already here?"

"And after that we're going to have plenty of time to talk about it," Trump said, failing to answer the question and then hastily ending his press conference. "Thank you very much. Thank you everybody."

Trump has not made clear how as president of the United States he would deal with the illegal immigrants already in this country. Today's press conference left the door open for some sort of amnesty in the future.

Source: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/trump-suggests-he-may-be-open-amnesty_996368.html

OMG!!!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 02:56:26 am »
That make all 16...17(?) GOP candidates refusing to demand illegals get shipped back.  They are all traitors to honest Americans who see their share of the federal pie shrinking with each new drug dealer and rapist exported from Mexico.

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 03:00:50 am »

Trump is a joke who has found a great issue for people like us to follow, but is there any candidate in the GOP who wants to deport all illegals?  Amnesty wouldn't be a bad idea if we put all of the illegals in the back of the line prior to obtaining citizenship, as well as denying them voting rights for years.  The GOP did nothing about this invasion when they had both sides of Congress and the White House, so what is the alternative?  A few ideologues on the internet wanting all illegals herded up and deported?  In a fictional world, that seems like a good idea, but that's never, EVER, going to happen at this point in time in this country.

Trump hammering the Sanctuary Cities and the failures of ICE to deport all criminals, along with the same felons repeatedly coming back into the US, is a winning issue.  Advocating the deportation of all illegals is suicide, politically, for any candidate.

Can't we at least be somewhat realistic at this point?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:03:06 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 03:18:00 am »
I still haven't heard anyone that says we should have mass deportations.  I think that no one should be rewarded for coming here illegally.  Secure the borders and impose very harsh penalties for hiring illegals.  People that are currently here illegally have to go to the back of the line and come in legally through the front door.  If a person is arrested for a crime and is found to be illegal - THEN they need to be deported - and not allowed to come back. 

Under no circumstances should any person here illegally receive any benefits while here and absolutely not be allowed to vote!

But, we've got to stop the flow AND we have got to start implementing the laws we already have on the books - with the exception of the anchor baby law - we need to get rid of that one. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 04:30:22 am »
How quickly he goes from him saying he would  make  Mexico build the wall, in a speech that got everyone fired up to support him, to "we need to strengthen the borders"- sounding like any other candidate, in both parties. 

Do you believe us now?  The guy is playing people for a fool.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 09:57:44 am »
I did not read anything in this article where Trump said he was open to amnesty.
Either intentionally misleading title or the writer is a hack.

Cruz answered the question exactly the same way and the author of that article claimed that Cruz refused to answer.....

liberal speak.

bkepley

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 10:38:07 am »
Trump is a joke who has found a great issue for people like us to follow, but is there any candidate in the GOP who wants to deport all illegals?  Amnesty wouldn't be a bad idea if we put all of the illegals in the back of the line prior to obtaining citizenship, as well as denying them voting rights for years.  The GOP did nothing about this invasion when they had both sides of Congress and the White House, so what is the alternative?  A few ideologues on the internet wanting all illegals herded up and deported?  In a fictional world, that seems like a good idea, but that's never, EVER, going to happen at this point in time in this country.

Trump hammering the Sanctuary Cities and the failures of ICE to deport all criminals, along with the same felons repeatedly coming back into the US, is a winning issue.  Advocating the deportation of all illegals is suicide, politically, for any candidate.

Carling meet Once-Ler who will call you a traitor for even suggesting we should consider amnesty.  I would love to see it when Trump takes off the mask.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 02:36:50 pm »

This brings me back 10 years to the wars at TOS but a realistic, sensible plan to bring X million (whatever that number of illegally resident foreign nationals) out of the shadows and into lawful status - not citizens but lawfully here - can be best looked at as a "plea bargain" that has strict requirements for involvement and recognition as legal residents.

I do agree that this is an emergency triage operation that first requires us to stop the bleeding and mitigate the shock - which means secure the damn border - but at some point the fate of the millions who are here illegally needs to be addressed in a sober and realistic way and there is no scenario in my opinion that entails millions of generationally entrenched, employed and assimilated foreign nationals being hauled over the border in convoys of Greyhound buses.   It's never going to happen.

bkepley

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 02:42:12 pm »
This brings me back 10 years to the wars at TOS but a realistic, sensible plan to bring X million (whatever that number of illegally resident foreign nationals) out of the shadows and into lawful status - not citizens but lawfully here - can be best looked at as a "plea bargain" that has strict requirements for involvement and recognition as legal residents.

I do agree that this is an emergency triage operation that first requires us to stop the bleeding and mitigate the shock - which means secure the damn border - but at some point the fate of the millions who are here illegally needs to be addressed in a sober and realistic way and there is no scenario in my opinion that entails millions of generationally entrenched, employed and assimilated foreign nationals being hauled over the border in convoys of Greyhound buses.   It's never going to happen.

You can say that openly here but on some other sites you'll be called a Lindsay Grahmnesty and given the boot.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 02:46:56 pm »
Once again WE don't need to deport ANYONE!  All we need to do is turn off the damned MAGNETS that bring them here, ALL of them, and they will leave of their own accord!

No jobs, no housing, no medical care, no anchor babies, no nothing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 03:06:32 pm »
Once again WE don't need to deport ANYONE!  All we need to do is turn off the damned MAGNETS that bring them here, ALL of them, and they will leave of their own accord!

No country which elected Obama twice is going to do this either unless something serious changes and I don't buy into the "it's the Republican's fault".  People in this country know that the GOP is more conservative and more willing to deal more strictly with immigrants and especially if they give Republicans overwhelming support.  They know that todays Democrats most certainly will not deal with the illegals except to save them from the Republican "racists".  These are just facts in my opinion.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 04:43:02 pm »

Good point and very true.  I reside in FL and we saw a tremendous influx of illegals; when the building industry headed south; so did the illegals.  They began self-deporting. If they cannot receive benefits they won't come here. 

I still am in favor of rounding up the illegals in our prisons and sending them back to where the came, and I am still in favor of erecting a sustainable fence that is armed.

While we are at it, someone had mentioned a moratorium on legal immigration.  I think a 5 year minimum moratorium on  legal immigration AFTER the fence is built would suffice.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 04:51:42 pm »

Probably depends on the meaning of "WE".  Certainly isn't the majority of Americans, and definitely isn't the Democrat Party.  And for the most part isn't the GOP.  So who is the "we" that is going to do all this with that goal in mind?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 04:53:48 pm »
Probably depends on the meaning of "WE".  Certainly isn't the majority of Americans, and definitely isn't the Democrat Party.  And for the most part isn't the GOP.  So who is the "we" that is going to do all this with that goal in mind?

We as in the American people! Citizens of the United States of America!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 05:25:39 pm »

Maybe some, but certainly not a majority.  They would rather the feds spend their efforts and resources on better border security and getting the illegal criminals out.  If all ICE ever did was deport those arrested for crimes, gang bangers, drug peddlers, human traffickers and other assorted bad guys, they would be doing far more than they have.  Going after families and workers who are trying to obey the laws here simply takes them away from what should be their mission.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 05:29:19 pm »
Maybe some, but certainly not a majority.  They would rather the feds spend their efforts and resources on better border security and getting the illegal criminals out.  If all ICE ever did was deport those arrested for crimes, gang bangers, drug peddlers, human traffickers and other assorted bad guys, they would be doing far more than they have.  Going after families and workers who are trying to obey the laws here simply takes them away from what should be their mission.

I happen to believe a majority of Americans WOULD support a course of action that removes ALL the magnets!

It is clear that you and I are NEVER going to agree on this. Best we just agree to disagree and move on. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 05:38:03 pm »

A huge component to your approach includes no entitlements and no automatic path to citizenship and the privileges of voting etc. that come with them.

If the limousene Hollywood liberals, the Tides Foundation trust fund weenies and other elements of the elite Left want to help they can set up institutions similar to United Way or Catholic Charities who can fund the housing, food, transportation, health care and education of illegals already here.  Yeah, like THAT will ever happen.

The labor market as a moderating influence to immigration is corrupted the minute a recently arrived immigrant heads to the county Welfare office.   Usually in the company of some Democrat Party operative.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:42:14 pm by ArneFufkin »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 05:42:29 pm »
A huge component to your approach includes no entitlements and no automatic path to citizenship and the privileges of voting etc. that come with them.

If the limousene Hollywood liberals, the Tides Foundation trust fund weenies and other elements of the elite Left want to help they can set up institutions similar to United Way or Catholic Charities who can fund the housing, food, transportation, health care and education of illegals already here.  Yeah, like THAT will ever happen.

The labor market as a moderating influence to immigration is corrupted the minute a recently arrived immigrant heads to the county Welfare office.   Usually in the company of some Democrat Party operative.

:amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 05:52:40 pm »
You must mean the ones that elected President Buchanan, or was that Tancredo?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 05:55:29 pm »
You must mean the ones that elected President Buchanan, or was that Tancredo?

Nope! The ones living today in this once great republic!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 06:00:19 pm »
I happen to believe a majority of Americans WOULD support a course of action that removes ALL the magnets!

It is clear that you and I are NEVER going to agree on this. Best we just agree to disagree and move on.

So IOW, you can make statements about the immigration issues, but I shouldn't respond?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 06:02:34 pm »
So IOW, you can make statements about the immigration issues, but I shouldn't respond?

Respond all you like but it's abundantly clear that you aren't going to change my mind nor I yours.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 06:30:41 pm »
Respond all you like but it's abundantly clear that you aren't going to change my mind nor I yours.

Never thought I would.  For me at least, the idea of debate is to put out ideas, facts, arguments, conclusions so that others may see something they hadn't thought of.