Author Topic: Donald Trump calls for boycott of Mexico  (Read 5405 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Donald Trump calls for boycott of Mexico
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2015, 06:47:43 pm »
Bush II is treated as a God?

Apparently in another universe.......... certainly not THIS one.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 06:52:06 pm »
Romneycare was supported by an overwhelming majority of the citizens of said State and voted into law by 98% of the State's legislature and 100% of the State Senate.

The popularity of the law in the State remains unchanged.

I don't agree with socialized medicine but I support federalism, and where Obamacare is a study in government overreach and abuse of power, Romneycare, like it or not, was a study in Federalism.

The fact that one supports the most basic tenet of federalism and the right for the people and government of a State to choose something that doesn't fall into step with the general principles of conservatism, IS conservatism.

For Romney to have opposed Romneycare, in the face of that level of support, and done anything to stop the legislation from being voted into law (not that he could have), would have made him the mirror image of Obama. A ideologue of a  despot elevating his ideological agenda above the clearly-stated wishes of those he was elected to serve.

I agree with respect to federalism and Romneycare vs. Obamacare.  The states have much greater leeway to make stupid asinine mistakes, leeway the Constitution denies to the federal government.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2015, 07:06:38 pm »

I agree with respect to federalism and Romneycare vs. Obamacare.  The states have much greater leeway to make stupid asinine mistakes, leeway the Constitution denies to the federal government.

Ergo California and Oregon.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx