Author Topic: Donald Trump calls for boycott of Mexico  (Read 5403 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump calls for boycott of Mexico
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 07:24:07 pm »
Priebus should use this brain-dead remark by Trump as the reason to kick him out of the first debate.

Let him go third party. He says and does such outrageous stuff that only the true crazies will vote for him at this point anyway.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 06:42:19 am »
Priebus should use this brain-dead remark by Trump as the reason to kick him out of the first debate.

Let him go third party. He says and does such outrageous stuff that only the true crazies will vote for him at this point anyway.

Trumps support is now going to drop dramatically.  Trump has made it very hard to support him and if I could get into his head for a second...he thinks everyone is out to get him for a good reason now.  Kind of sad it didn't happen when he called Mexicans criminals, rapist, drug dealers, and one could assume  good people.  Anxious to hear Rush on Monday.  Expect more asylum seekers from TOS will be stopping by soon.

I want rat donor Trump in the debates and I want every GOP candidate not named Trump to denounce him on stage.  If he makes it there it will happen.  I am sick of my party being associated with Trump's brand of "conservatism" and I want his supporters to feel ashamed for what they have done(Coulter, Boyle, and other GOP haters).  I pray he goes 3rd party and takes the fascinatingly vacuous, and naive, but insanely angry, and stupid conspiratorial doom prophet crazies with him.  The GOP could be a majority party and move the country to the right if that happened.

What a great night!  I kind of wish I still had a cable TV subscription.  Youtube here I come.

Great posts tonight Sinkspur.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 06:48:51 am »
Trumps support is now going to drop dramatically. 

Did you see the poll results? The first poll with over 1600 saying his polling would go up, was not restricted to this site. It went out to FR, Twitter, etc.

Over 90% predict his numbers will go up. I think that is mostly FR, where Trump has become flavor of the week.

In a few days the big polls will be out with nationwide numbers, which I think will drop for Trump. I said "think" and not "hope" or "want."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2015, 07:24:31 am »
Did you see the poll results? The first poll with over 1600 saying his polling would go up, was not restricted to this site. It went out to FR, Twitter, etc.

Over 90% predict his numbers will go up. I think that is mostly FR, where Trump has become flavor of the week.

In a few days the big polls will be out with nationwide numbers, which I think will drop for Trump. I said "think" and not "hope" or "want."

There was a time as a boy that I thought I was special.  That I saw things and understood things more clearly than others, but I'm not special.  I'm rather ordinary.  Other people are seeing the same stuff I'm seeing.

I saw Trump casually dismiss 6 years of torture by an American POW and my jaw dropped.  Your's did too and this is a huge story...so big we are not talking about an ISIS terrorist attack in TN.  Have some faith in Americans ts.  They saw or will see it too.

It's no secret I hate rats, but I couldn't be so callous that I would say Tammy Duckworth(spit) really wasn't an American hero.  I might think it, because she is a rat, but I'm not dumb enough to say it.

I'm 100% certain GOP voters are not so completely self absorbed in the magnificent shadow of Trump's cult followers that they think insulting vets is good. 

Even if I'm completely off base and Trump is not in single digits by the next poll...it is only a matter of time until he insults Reagan.

Be of good cheer my friend.  The GOP is shaking off the last vestiges of the 2010 Tea Party and the rats are just entering their cycle of fringe uprising.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2015, 08:28:24 am »
First...I'm no Trump groupie.

Secondly, we had Mitt Romney as our candidate in 2012.  The 'Father' of Universal Health Care for the citizens of Massachusetts.

That didn't seem to mean much to the Republican Party back then and it won't be a problem for Trump in 2016.

Obamacare is not going to be repealed.  It may be remodeled, but that's about it.

We Conservatives need to realize that we're essentially a pimple on the politic arse....nothing more.   

We're wildcards...not division leaders, and therefore lack "home field advantage".

Romneycare was supported by an overwhelming majority of the citizens of said State and voted into law by 98% of the State's legislature and 100% of the State Senate.

The popularity of the law in the State remains unchanged.

I don't agree with socialized medicine but I support federalism, and where Obamacare is a study in government overreach and abuse of power, Romneycare, like it or not, was a study in Federalism.

The fact that one supports the most basic tenet of federalism and the right for the people and government of a State to choose something that doesn't fall into step with the general principles of conservatism, IS conservatism.

For Romney to have opposed Romneycare, in the face of that level of support, and done anything to stop the legislation from being voted into law (not that he could have), would have made him the mirror image of Obama. A ideologue of a  despot elevating his ideological agenda above the clearly-stated wishes of those he was elected to serve.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:32:28 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2015, 12:18:26 pm »

I thought that FR was a Ted Cruz site??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 12:23:19 pm »
Not for the past couple of weeks, though Cruz is still hugely popular.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 01:24:58 pm »
Not for the past couple of weeks, though Cruz is still hugely popular.  :shrug:

Go figure..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 01:36:26 pm »
floating around TOS.....

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:36:54 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 01:40:52 pm »
For What It's Worth

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2015, 01:43:20 pm »
floating around TOS.....

Funny they are supporting a draft dodger.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2015, 01:43:33 pm »
Funny that Trump just stated that he can't ever recall praying for God's forgiveness...and yet as stated above, he's the "flavor of the month".

If not for the apparent dearth of contributors already one would think another Bug Zapper thread is on the horizon over there.   :laugh:

Regarding the boycott though....I always thought Cancun was a great place to vacation.  Have heard that the economy has driven the crime rate thru the roof however. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2015, 02:48:22 pm »
Funny they are supporting a draft dodger.

Trump received a medical deferment after graduating from college allegedly for a bone spur on one of his heels.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2015, 02:52:30 pm »
Trump received a medical deferment after graduating from college allegedly for a bone spur on one of his heels.

He got over it real fast:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »

Well bush II served in national guard and got special treatment because of daddy's money... and the GOP loyalists hail him as some sort of god.
What happened 40+ years ago is irrelevant to where we are today and where we need to be....

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2015, 02:55:58 pm »
Funny that Trump just stated that he can't ever recall praying for God's forgiveness...and yet as stated above, he's the "flavor of the month".

If not for the apparent dearth of contributors already one would think another Bug Zapper thread is on the horizon over there.   :laugh:

Regarding the boycott though....I always thought Cancun was a great place to vacation.  Have heard that the economy has driven the crime rate thru the roof however.

Yet a lot of those morons at that site threw Romney under the bus.. Never mind that Romney was man of faith...

bkepley

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2015, 02:57:59 pm »
Well bush II served in national guard and got special treatment because of daddy's money... and the GOP loyalists hail him as some sort of god.
What happened 40+ years ago is irrelevant to where we are today and where we need to be....

Bush II is treated as a God? 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2015, 02:59:59 pm »

Trump didn't even do that.

Trump's comments are relevant to where we are today because the man wants to be CinC, and he insulted every POW and every members of a POW's family of every war, living or dead of the troops he wished to command.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2015, 03:00:44 pm »
Bush II is treated as a God?

No kidding.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2015, 03:02:36 pm »

I'm a GOP loyalist. I was highly critical of GWB on many issues.

There is no God but God, and I treat no man as God.

Your comment was sophomoric.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:03:16 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2015, 03:06:26 pm »
I don’t boycott travel to Mexico because of the Gonzales’s living down the street. I stopped traveling to Mexico because they cannot guarantee the safety of my family, in what has become a very dangerous place to visit if leaving the relative security of your vacation resort.  My In-Laws have a beautiful condo there, and we told them a few years ago when the warnings went out to travelers, that we will no longer vacation in Mexico with them – and we suggested they sale while it is still worth anything.

OK, not all of legal and illegal Mexican immigrants are like the Gonzales’s up the street, or the girl from the movie Spanglish,  I get that.  We do have a massive problem with Hispanic crime and gangs growing in this country, and even drug cartels now touching north of the border. But I blame the U.S. government and the courts, and the criminal processing  system here, just as much as I do Mexico for allowing it to get as bad as it is. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2015, 03:31:38 pm »

Yet a lot of those morons at that site threw Romney under the bus.. Never mind that Romney was man of faith...
Oh, but wrong faith. Only certain varieties qualify.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2015, 03:36:07 pm »
Oh, but wrong faith. Only certain varieties qualify.

Oh that is correct...

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2015, 04:15:34 pm »
Donald Trump while bombastic, is correct about the idea of using a coordinated boycott against our adversaries.

And make no mistake.  The Mexican government is no friend of the American Right.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2015, 06:20:58 pm »
Donald Trump while bombastic, is correct about the idea of using a coordinated boycott against our adversaries.

And make no mistake.  The Mexican government is no friend of the American Right.

Mexico is a friend of the progressive liberal left and RINOgop who are just as corrupt.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.