Author Topic: Donald Trump calls for boycott of Mexico  (Read 5404 times)

rangerrebew

Donald Trump calls for boycott of Mexico
« on: July 18, 2015, 08:23:07 am »
Donald Trump calls for boycott of Mexico

By Carl Campanile

July 17, 2015 | 11:56pm

Surging in Republican presidential polls following his attacks on illegal immigration, Donald Trump is now advocating a US boycott of Mexico.

“I’m not going to Mexico. And I don’t think anybody from this country [should],” Trump said on the Rita Cosby WABC radio show.

“I think we should boycott Mexico, frankly.”

He blasted the Mexican government and court system as corrupt.

“I have a judgment for a million dollars in Mexico. I can’t collect it because the court system is so bad,” he said.

Trump has provoked a backlash for saying that Mexicans coming across the border are drug-runners and rapists.

On another front, Trump showed his soft side.

Sounding very much like President Obama, he said every American is entitled to health care.

“I want health care for everyone,” Trump said. “We have to take care of people that really can’t take care of themselves.

“You can say that’s not a conservative way. Well, if it’s not, that’s going to be a problem for me. But I don’t think it will be.”

http://nypost.com/2015/07/17/donald-trump-calls-for-boycott-of-mexico/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:24:02 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Donald Trump calls for boycott of Mexico
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:39:31 am »
“I’m not going to Mexico. And I don’t think anybody from this country [should],” Trump said on the Rita Cosby WABC radio show.

“I think we should boycott Mexico, frankly.”

“I have a judgment for a million dollars in Mexico. I can’t collect it because the court system is so bad,” he said.

Boycott?  We need to invade Mexico and get back your million bucks.

Sounding very much like President Obama, he said every American is entitled to health care.

“I want health care for everyone,” Trump said. “We have to take care of people that really can’t take care of themselves."

“You can say that’s not a conservative way. Well, if it’s not, that’s going to be a problem for me. But I don’t think it will be.”

Yes, Don, that is not a conservative way and it will be a problem for you.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 02:55:19 pm »
 "I think we should boycott Mexico, frankly" I believe that is a opinion NOT saying the TO boycott Mexico??

:nono:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:56:11 pm by Longiron »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 03:28:04 pm »
I think we should boycott Trump.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 03:33:52 pm »
I'm not going to Mexico either but not because of Trump's feud.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 04:04:44 pm »
I'm not going to Mexico either but not because of Trump's feud.

Personally, for me, he's behind the eight ball on this one.  I refuse to buy produce and goods from Mexico and haven't for at least the past 5 years if not longer.  If it's stamped "Mexico" I either do without or find a similar produce/product grown or made in the USA. 

As for invading Mexico ... that would certainly resolve a lot of issues; but I highly doubt that is in the grand scheme of things.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 04:09:24 pm »
I think we should boycott Trump.

Agree and support Bushie or Hillary and have a group HUG with Obama, ISIS, Mexico and the Mussies??? that will work and solve all the problems???? :chairbang:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 04:23:54 pm »
The Donald has sparked the emergence within the Stupid Party, of the Very Low Information Conservative.

V-LIC for short.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 04:30:39 pm »
Agree and support Bushie or Hillary and have a group HUG with Obama, ISIS, Mexico and the Mussies??? that will work and solve all the problems???? :chairbang:

I've come to the conclusion you practice being stupid. No one is naturally that gifted at obtuseness.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

bkepley

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 04:39:41 pm »
I've come to the conclusion you practice being stupid. No one is naturally that gifted at obtuseness.

He reminds me of someone else from Free Republic...or maybe a couple of them.  You say one thing and they come back with a total non-sequitur every time.  It is hopeless.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 04:43:13 pm »

Bush is the only other Republican running? I didn't know that.  This  "if you are not supporting Trump, you must be supporting a RINO",  is really getting silly.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 04:49:02 pm »
The Donald has sparked the emergence within the Stupid Party, of the Very Low Information Conservative.

V-LIC for short.

Are you the chairman?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 04:54:24 pm »

Your post is in the running for one of the dumbest posts I have seen since coming to TBR......   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 04:55:26 pm »
Bush is the only other Republican running? I didn't know that.  This  "if you are not supporting Trump, you must be supporting a RINO",  is really getting silly.

Yes.  It most certainly is.

It's a nonsensical position to hold.

(Especially since Trump isn't even remotely a conservative on most issues.....)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 04:56:00 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 04:56:37 pm »
He reminds me of someone else from Free Republic...or maybe a couple of them.  You say one thing and they come back with a total non-sequitur every time.  It is hopeless.

Yep. Many of us here came from FR, during The least two elections, tired of the handful of hard-headed posters, who had no respect for people supporting other candidates but theirs, and Jim who ran FR was no different.    I grew tired of it and left. The conversation here was far more intelligent and objective, and with  disagreements rarely getting overheated.   hope that's not changing with the new members coming in.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 05:13:50 pm »

V-LIC for short.

To me there's a big difference between taking a position on Trump one way or the other, and continually launching verbal missiles at an entire political ideology.   But that's just me... :pondering:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 05:18:41 pm »

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 05:27:14 pm »
First...I'm no Trump groupie.

Secondly, we had Mitt Romney as our candidate in 2012.  The 'Father' of Universal Health Care for the citizens of Massachusetts.

That didn't seem to mean much to the Republican Party back then and it won't be a problem for Trump in 2016.

Obamacare is not going to be repealed.  It may be remodeled, but that's about it.

We Conservatives need to realize that we're essentially a pimple on the politic arse....nothing more.   

We're wildcards...not division leaders, and therefore lack "home field advantage".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 05:33:51 pm »
Are you the chairman?
Ed,

Are you going to unfriend me, if I don't want to learn the Trump cheers-of-the-week ?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 05:42:07 pm »
Ed,

Are you going to unfriend me, if I don't want to learn the Trump cheers-of-the-week ?

No even suggesting that you learn the trump cheer but you have a habit of calling those who disagree with you stupid and I am not going to just sit here and take it.
We can agree to disagree, I am ok with that.  Trust me, I am no cheerleader for Trump but I want to know who is where on issues because by the time the primary hits Virginia the good candidates usually have been knocked out and I have to pick among the be best of the worst.

And I will resent being told I am stupid and low information voter... so you may do as you wish.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 06:07:21 pm »

And I will resent being told I am stupid and low information voter... so you may do as you wish.
My apologies if you take things personally. Not intended personally.

I expect Trump will eventually say something so outrageous, his even his present devoted supporters drop him.

Did you hear Trump said that McCain was no war hero, because he got caught (POW)? As a veteran, I resent that statement coming from Trump, or from anybody that dodged service because of his father's wealth.

And as a longtime conservative, I resent Trump damaging the party where conservatives come from.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 06:19:42 pm »
My apologies if you take things personally. Not intended personally.

I expect Trump will eventually say something so outrageous, his even his present devoted supporters drop him.

Did you hear Trump said that McCain was no war hero, because he got caught (POW)? As a veteran, I resent that statement coming from Trump, or from anybody that dodged service because of his father's wealth.

And as a longtime conservative, I resent Trump damaging the party where conservatives come from.

No apology necessary but if you want to be taken seriously, then you need to lighten up.

As far as Trump goes, not my first choice but if he is the last man standing then I gotta pull his lever.

bkepley

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2015, 06:31:40 pm »

Over on FR they are swearing that McCain wss a traitor as a POW.  I don't know what that was about but I wasn't going to try to argue with them.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2015, 06:35:32 pm »

That is not what Trump said.
“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said at the Family Leadership Summit, in Ames, Iowa. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

So, in order to be a war hero you have to be captured?
Mccain has been out of it for 30 years but was a POW for 5.  Does his POW status take precedence over his abuse of his position?
What about the troops that were not captured and did not marry megamoney?  They are not heroes?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2015, 07:05:02 pm »
That is not what Trump said.
So, in order to be a war hero you have to be captured?
Mccain has been out of it for 30 years but was a POW for 5.  Does his POW status take precedence over his abuse of his position?
What about the troops that were not captured and did not marry megamoney?  They are not heroes?

You're stupid. You know exactly what Trump was trying to say.

He's despicable. Stop defending him. He's got a shotgun mouth.  Trump never served anywhere.

And where did McCain "abuse his position"?  McCain was given a chance to leave and didn't because he knew it was for propaganda purposes. McCain was beaten so severely he can't raise his arms above his head.

And here you are defending that sonofabitch Trump who isn't fit to carry John McCain's dirty shorts.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.