Author Topic: Pregnant Austrian teens in ISIS: We’ve made a huge mistake  (Read 2000 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pregnant Austrian teens in ISIS: We’ve made a huge mistake
« on: October 10, 2014, 05:06:02 pm »
http://nypost.com/2014/10/10/pregnant-teen-girls-who-joined-isis-weve-made-a-huge-mistake/

Pregnant Austrian teens in ISIS: We’ve made a huge mistake

By Chris Perez

October 10, 2014 | 9:41am

The two teens are believed to be married, pregnant and living in the Islamic State-controlled city of Raqqa. Photo: Europics

The teenage girls who abandoned their families in Austria to become jihadis for ISIS feel they’ve made a terrible mistake by joining the barbaric lifestyle and they want to come home.

Samra Kesinovic, 17, and Sabina Selimovic, 15, are believed to be married, pregnant and living in the Islamic State-controlled city of Raqqa in northern Syria, Central European News reports.

Dubbed by Austrian media as the poster girls for jihad, the young friends now believe their lives have been turned upside down by their new lifestyles.
Modal Trigger

Selimovic (left) and KesinovicPhoto: Europics

The change of heart is a much different tune than the note they left behind for their parents when they fled back in April, which read: “Don’t look for us. We will serve Allah — and we will die for him.”

Kesinovic and Selimovic grew up in Vienna, where they became accustomed to talking to whomever they wanted, saying whatever they pleased and wearing whatever clothes they liked. They did not have to live a life being controlled by people telling them what they can and cannot do.

But Kesinovic and Selimovic decided to leave all that behind and shack up with the same people they’ve now grown to hate.

For weeks, social media accounts believed to belong to the girls have been posting pictures and information leading many to feel they enjoyed living a life of terror.

Authorities in Austria say this was all an elaborate plan set up by ISIS in order to get people to think the two wanted to be the poster girls for jihad in Syria.

abina Selimovic (left) and Samra Kesinovic

Selimovic (left) and Kesinovic

Now Austrian media are reporting that Kesinovic and Selimovic have said enough is enough and want to return to their families, according to CEN.

They have contacted their loved ones and told them they are sick of living with the Islamic State jihadis, but they also said they don’t feel they can flee from their unwanted new life because too many people now associate them with ISIS.

“The main problem is about people coming back to Austria,” said Austrian Interior Ministry spokesman Karl-Heinz Grundboeck. “Once they leave, it is almost impossible.”

Austrian media are reporting that Kesinovic and Selimovic have said enough is enough and want to return to their families.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Pregnant Austrian teens in ISIS: We’ve made a huge mistake
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 05:06:37 pm »
Sorry just can't muster up any sympathy for these two idiots..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 05:09:40 pm »

Two teenage girls making bad decisions and wanting to avoid the consequences of those decisions?

That's a new one...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 05:24:31 pm »
Maybe they can empathize with people who voted for Obama. :whistle:

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 06:23:47 pm »
Phuck'em.  Next.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 06:51:44 pm »
There is a lesson to be learned here, one that I feel is not being taught to young people these days.  Actions have consequences.

It's relatively easy to bounce back from the mistake of eating the whole giant-sized Snickers candy bar without sharing it with your husband - BUT -

It's an entirely different matter to run off and join ISIS!

Cute girls, especially the one on the right - she's got nice eye slits.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 06:55:09 pm »
Man, this is a tough crowd.

No understanding for the folly of the young? No redemption? No forgiveness for youthful indiscretion?

(What if it were your child?)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 07:00:40 pm »

No understanding for the folly of the young? No redemption? No forgiveness for youthful indiscretion?

I don't consider this *folly*..this is life changing.....stealing a pack of gum is a youthful indiscretion
Support the USO

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 07:01:44 pm »

There are mistakes, and then there are tragic mistakes.
The evidence was all there. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that messing with jihadis is hazardous to your health. For a woman to give herself to a terrorist, is, in my opinion, like shooting at a cop, or driving with a bac of .25, or playing Russian roulette.
Some mistakes a penalty that can't be mitigated.

Yes, if it were my child, I'd want her back. But, I'd also realize that she was as good as dead when she left.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 07:07:02 pm »

I'm not saying they are not deserving of compassion or forgiveness - au contraire!  I'm saying there are some mistakes that are life-changing and that you don't always get a second chance at.  Think very carefully before you leap!  I don't know if ISIS would even ALLOW these girls to go back!

What if it were my child?  I'd seriously be trying to find an operative to go in there and get them out!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 07:12:45 pm »
I don't know if ISIS would even ALLOW these girls to go back!

that's the thing...they may be stuck there...they are both pregnant and I am sure they won't let them leave with their future jihadists..
Support the USO

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 07:35:07 pm »
Assuming the young ladies converted to Islam, returning to Austria could be a death sentence. If they married the fathers of their children in an Islamic ceremony, fleeing and returning to  Western norms might require an honor killing in the eyes of the Muzzies. Xin Loy.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 07:40:49 pm »
that's the thing...they may be stuck there...they are both pregnant and I am sure they won't let them leave with their future jihadists..
If they are pregnant with girls, odds are slim the baby's live to long.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 08:15:34 pm »
Assuming the young ladies converted to Islam, returning to Austria could be a death sentence. If they married the fathers of their children in an Islamic ceremony, fleeing and returning to  Western norms might require an honor killing in the eyes of the Muzzies. Xin Loy.

These are not converts.  Those from America anyway.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 08:38:14 pm »
When I was a kid, people would say, "I don't see how they can sleep at night.", when talking about a theif or a murderer. As a kid I didn't get it. Why wouldn't they sleep?

Then, as I got older and did some stuff myself, I came to realize the truth behind that question. I did not believe it, but it is true. You can actually do things that you cannot live with. You can do things which can never be undone, even if it seemed like good idea at the time. And then you just have to deal with it, forever.

There are mistakes you can make, there are decisions you can make which are final, and from which there is no forgiveness.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 08:58:32 pm »

If they come from muzzie backgrounds their parents might have them stoned to death for embarrassing them.  Either way, the girls would lose.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 01:30:18 am »
From the article:
[[ The change of heart is a much different tune than the note they left behind for their parents when they fled back in April, which read: “Don’t look for us. We will serve Allah — and we will die for him.” ]]

Hopefully, dearies, you will do just that.

Now get on about it, and help to reduce the surface population!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 01:01:13 pm »
Hey, Fishrrman, do you forget the stupid things you did when you were 17? I remember mine. It's lucky I'm here.

Society designates them as minors for a reason. They don't have the sense (yet) to make responsible decisions. And you would want to see these two young girls dead? They did nothing but follow a youthful, idealistic impulse. I think a little perspective is needed here. Cause your position is really cold, man.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 01:46:26 pm »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ And you would want to see these two young girls dead? ]]

Actually, yes -- I would.

aligncare continued:
[[ I think a little perspective is needed here. Cause your position is really cold, man. ]]

Yes, cold it is, but real.

Here's a little "perspective" for you:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

These young women tempted "reality" in the extremis.
They'll get what they deserve.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 01:52:30 pm »

I wonder how many readers of this will know what Xin Loy means?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 01:56:19 pm »
So the part about their being young and incapable of making a cogent decision means nothing to you, I take it?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 02:03:20 pm »
So the part about their being young and incapable of making a cogent decision means nothing to you, I take it?

Forgive the interjection but I believe that what he is saying is that sometimes it doesn't matter that you are young and incapable of making a cogent decision! I'm sure you have seen, or at least heard about,  cases like that.  An exuberant young man jumps off a bluff into the water below and hits his head on a stump that is just below the water line and makes himself a parapelegic for the rest of his life etc.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 02:11:54 pm »
Did you ever wonder why many, most, societies/cultures around the world consider 13 to be old enough to be mature?  Old English common law believed age 7 to be capable of knowing the difference between right and wrong?  What is it about the infantalization of people?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 02:13:59 pm »
I am not without sin and, while I am eternally secure in the knowledge my Lord has forgiven me, I am grateful that there are people who are similarly disposed who are willing to forgive my past sins.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 02:17:46 pm »
I wonder how many readers of this will know what Xin Loy means?

What does it mean Bigun?