Author Topic: Pregnant Austrian teens in ISIS: We’ve made a huge mistake  (Read 1999 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Pregnant Austrian teens in ISIS: We’ve made a huge mistake
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 02:19:50 pm »
Did you ever wonder why many, most, societies/cultures around the world consider 13 to be old enough to be mature?  Old English common law believed age 7 to be capable of knowing the difference between right and wrong?  What is it about the infantalization of people?

So, I'm guessing you never had children? Seven? Thirteen? Really?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 02:21:56 pm »
What does it mean Bigun?

It is Vietnamese vernacular the ruff English translation of being   "to bad so sad".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 02:46:35 pm »
It is Vietnamese vernacular the ruff English translation of being   "to bad so sad".

Thanks Bigun.  This particular situation is very sad, and is why I said in my earlier post - that this is a valuable lesson that needs to be taught to young people. 

Actions do have consequences, but we have made a society where there are so many safety nets around, that young people are not grasping that concept.  We do them a disfavor by not instilling this at a very young age. 

These poor girls thought this would be a lark, a romantic adventure!  They were woefully unprepared to make this life-changing decision, and now are seeing the predicament they brought upon themselves.  I'm sure if another young girl were to ask their advice now - they would say, "Don't do it!"

To point out the obvious - that they're probably f**ked - is not to be cold and cruel to them.  It is to state the reality of it - Xin Loy.  Unless the parents or the government has the will and the means to send operatives to rescue them - their fates are probably sealed.

The story of these two girls should be related to every young person. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 02:59:05 pm »
It's funny....many people have liberal tendencies when they are teenagers and as they begin careers and are supporting themselves, they become 'converted' into a more Conservative philosophy.

What these girls did, IMO, is tantamount to leaving home...joining a commune.  It's just not in an American style.

I'd forgive them right away....right after I spank them over my knee.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 03:04:22 pm »
It's funny....many people have liberal tendencies when they are teenagers and as they begin careers and are supporting themselves, they become 'converted' into a more Conservative philosophy.

What these girls did, IMO, is tantamount to leaving home...joining a commune.  It's just not in an American style.

I'd forgive them right away....right after I spank them over my knee.    :laugh:

That's not the problem DC.  The problem is that they have gotten themselves into something that they will never get out of alive no matter how much we wish it were otherwise!

If I had the means to do it I would go get them and protect them as best I could until I was dead but I don't and those who do have the ability to do that won't do it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 03:49:17 pm »
So, I'm guessing you never had children? Seven? Thirteen? Really?

Nope, no kids.  I've been 7 and 13 though.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »
Some decisions there is no coming back from.  With this hitting the media these girls are certainly as good as dead now...likely they were before.  These decisions are so far beyond youthful indiscretions as to make that subject of discussion entirely moot.  They would have been infinitely better off to run off with older Western boys and gotten themselves pregnant...that rebellion can be forgiven and overcome.  This one cannot, for as much as their family or even their country might forgive them if they had the chance...they will never have the chance.  These girls made a decision that ended their lives, brutally and violently.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:28:08 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline olde north church

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2014, 05:50:02 pm »
Some decisions there is no coming back from.  With this hitting the media these girls are certainly as good as dead now...likely they were before.  These decisions are so far beyond youthful indiscretions as to make that subject of discussion entirely moot.  They would have been infinitely better off to run off with older Western boys and gotten themselves pregnant...that rebellion can be forgiven and overcome.  This one cannot, for as much as their family or even their country might forgive them if they had the chance...they will never have the chance.  These girls made a decision that ended their lives, brutally and violently.

As the saying goes, "Life is short, it's even shorter when you're stupid."
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 05:47:03 pm »
tough shit - xin loy
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:48:59 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2014, 10:44:06 pm »
What does it mean Bigun?

Same thing as [phonetic spelling] "Meon Humdedah" [Korean]: Sorry 'bout that!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 12:29:32 am »
This all assumes of course that they are true to their word and not wanting to come back home to do some jihad on the Austrian population. Sorry if I don't trust them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 12:41:06 am »
This all assumes of course that they are true to their word and not wanting to come back home to do some jihad on the Austrian population. Sorry if I don't trust them.

Hadn't thought of that! 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!