Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502101 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2012, 01:32:07 am »
Wow DC, that is one gorgeous kitty!

I found that pic in a buried file....LOL!  on the pool table posing. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2012, 01:47:20 am »
I found that pic in a buried file....LOL!  on the pool table posing.

I noticed that was on your pool table.  Good thing you had it covered!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2012, 11:39:13 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2012, 10:17:54 pm »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2012, 01:22:00 am »

Oh my that little Yorkie looks exactly like my friends Silkie, she is a runt and only weights about 7 pounds and is real live-wire, they keep her cut short like this and it has really grown on me, vs my other friends two silkies with full coats.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2012, 01:34:16 am »
My (recently deceased) brother and his wife adopted a rescue yorkie several years ago.  My brother absolutely fell in love with that dog, and every evening when he came thru the door from work, the first thing he would do was go into the bedroom for playing/roughhousing with their dog.

My sis-in-law swears that dog disappears into their bedroom sometimes in the evening and plays rambunctiously "by himself."   :whistle:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2012, 03:12:35 am »
My (recently deceased) brother and his wife adopted a rescue yorkie several years ago.  My brother absolutely fell in love with that dog, and every evening when he came thru the door from work, the first thing he would do was go into the bedroom for playing/roughhousing with their dog.

My sis-in-law swears that dog disappears into their bedroom sometimes in the evening and plays rambunctiously "by himself."   :whistle:

or so it appears ~LOL~
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2012, 07:32:16 pm »
Our precious 5 year old cat Toshie was hit by a car yesterday and killed. My wife and 11 year old son are taking it pretty hard. I had the unpleasant task of breaking the news to both of them.  Go home every one of you and give your dog or cat a special hug tonight.

And I do believe the One who created Toshie in the first place and found him a home in our family, is powerful and loving enough to join us together again in Heaven. Yes, there will be cold noses and waging tails meeting us there.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2012, 07:43:26 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Toshie.

It is one of the best aspects of our human nature that we can bond so closely with our fellow creatures here on Earth...and they with us.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2012, 08:01:55 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.......   8888crybaby hugs to you and your family.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2012, 02:30:02 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241305/Its-paw-ty-time-Funny-video-shows-Great-Dane-doing-CANNONBALLS-owners-swimming-pool-theyre-work.html

Dog day afternoon! The Great Dane caught on camera doing endless cannonballs in owner's pool while they are at work

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 20:16 EST, 30 November 2012 | UPDATED: 02:26 EST, 1 December 2012

What do dogs get up to when their owners are at work?

They have a pool party of course. Well, this particular pet does anyway.

An amusing video has captured a Great Dane having a great time tumbling down a waterslide into its owner's swimming pool, supposedly while they're out for the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxM2FfU0SE4&feature=player_embedded

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2012, 02:38:02 pm »
And I do believe the One who created Toshie in the first place and found him a home in our family, is powerful and loving enough to join us together again in Heaven. Yes, there will be cold noses and waging tails meeting us there.

I am so sorry for your loss.  Losing our beloved pets is SO painful.   Toshie WILL be with you all again someday.   :grouphug:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2012, 02:41:20 pm »
Our precious 5 year old cat Toshie was hit by a car yesterday and killed. My wife and 11 year old son are taking it pretty hard. I had the unpleasant task of breaking the news to both of them.  Go home every one of you and give your dog or cat a special hug tonight.

So sorry to hear of your loss...we all know what it is like to lose a beloved pet.... 8888crybaby
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2012, 09:22:09 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241305/Its-paw-ty-time-Funny-video-shows-Great-Dane-doing-CANNONBALLS-owners-swimming-pool-theyre-work.html

Dog day afternoon! The Great Dane caught on camera doing endless cannonballs in owner's pool while they are at work

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 20:16 EST, 30 November 2012 | UPDATED: 02:26 EST, 1 December 2012

What do dogs get up to when their owners are at work?

They have a pool party of course. Well, this particular pet does anyway.

An amusing video has captured a Great Dane having a great time tumbling down a waterslide into its owner's swimming pool, supposedly while they're out for the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxM2FfU0SE4&feature=player_embedded

That is funny. Noticed the other dog wasn't so anxious to join in the "fun"....... we used to have a cocker you could not keep out of water, some friends kept him for us when we went to Hawaii and they could not keep the door out to the pool open because he would go out and dive in the pool at every chance... he did the same out here at the lake and when we went to Lake Powell, we' hear a splash and knew Brandy was taking a swim...

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2012, 09:52:38 pm »
We have a new arrival here at the Oregon Zoo, a 300 pound healthy baby girl born yesterday morning around 2 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nOwMb0OaUPI

The Oregon Zoo in Portland has lead the World in the successful breeding of Asian elephants in captivity.  Until the birth of Pachy in April of 1962, the mortality rate among Asian elephants born in captivity was 100%.  For a variety of reasons, baby elephants did not survive and it was widely believed that it was impossible to breed elephants in captivity. 

This latest birth continues a very long legacy here in Portland, and it will be the last birth in this elephant house.  By the time the next cow is ready to deliver, and none are currently pregnant so they have at least 24 months to prepare, the next live birth will be in the new elephant house that is under construction.

She has no name yet, there will be a naming contest announcement in a few weeks....

:beer:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2012, 10:54:32 pm »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2012, 11:00:14 pm »
Dancing Chihuahua
My chihuahua Sloopy, after our thanksgiving meal started dancing for the plate of turkey on the counter! He kept dancing so I put on some Miami Sound Machine and let him get busy!

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2012, 11:04:01 pm »
Animals can be "jerks" too..........

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2012, 11:45:20 pm »
Dancing Sloopy!  :silly: Love the plumey tail.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:36 am »
Amazing the balance and how he is keeping perfect time with the music.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2012, 12:34:10 am »

That's the first best picture of our pug Gus that my daughter took right before his first Christmas party almost four years ago.  Hard to believe our boy has been with us that long, but he lost that innocent look a long, long time ago.....

:beer:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2012, 04:58:00 am »
Here is the story behind this photo for those of you that liked it.

Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so, and she dictated these words:

Dear God, Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick. I hope you will play with her. She likes to swim and play with balls. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her. Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith, Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help and I recognized her right away. Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by. Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I'm easy to find. I am wherever there is love. Love, God

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2012, 03:38:46 pm »

Love this!
Support the USO

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2012, 10:38:13 pm »
Here is the story behind this photo for those of you that liked it.

Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so, and she dictated these words:

Dear God, Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick. I hope you will play with her. She likes to swim and play with balls. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her. Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith, Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help and I recognized her right away. Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by. Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I'm easy to find. I am wherever there is love. Love, God

Hmm.....my glasses are fogging up.

Great post!
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2012, 07:08:08 pm »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/watch-glenn-becks-emotional-tribute-to-his-dog-victor/

Watch Glenn Beck’s Emotional Tribute To His Dog, Victor

Posted on December 12, 2012 at 8:30pm by Mike Opelka   

Editor’s note: We’ll be discussing this story and all the day’s news on our live BlazeCast at 1pm ET:

At the end of tonight’s Glenn Beck Program, the host paid a special tribute to a member of the Beck family not often mentioned on radio or television, the family’s canine elder statesman, Victor the German Shepherd.
Glenn Becks emotional tribute to his aging dog, Victor

video at link

As Glenn explained, Victor was the family’s first choice for protection after they started receiving death threats in 2001. This very special German Shepherd has stood guard for the Beck family for more than a decade. Victor’s presence and unwavering devotion has allowed Glenn to spend nights away from his family for the many business trips required by his work.

From Wednesday night’s Glenn Beck Program, the emotional tribute to the Beck family’s best friend.

(Begin transcript)

Tonight I want to leave you with a personal note: That great teachers are found sometimes in the most unlikely of places.

It was right after 9/11 that I received my first death threat. It was from a Muslim extremist that said he would kill me and my whole family if I didn’t stop talking. It was the first time I ever had any professional interaction with the FBI and we were told to go home. We didn’t even have curtains on the windows of our house at that time. I went home and I explained as calmly as I could to my wife as that we had to take sheets and blankets and put them on our window as soon as we could. That night we had a serious discussion with men who carried guns outside our bedroom door and in our property and we had a discussion about buying a gun. And my wife and I having not grown up around guns decided the answer was ‘No’. Laughably we thought we weren’t responsible enough to have one. So we were instructed to leave town for a month.

I was living in Florida at the time and I took my family to Los Angeles and we couldn’t tell anybody that we were in LA for a month. We knew we needed something in the house to protect us.

Great teachers are everywhere. And they’re found in unlikely places but they’ll teach us great lessons. Victor has taught our family great lessons in duty an devotion. I have been able to be away from my family on road trips with comfort because he has been a part of our life. And he is teaching me now a very difficult lesson in dignity.

He has been on watch every since we met him. He’s a service dog and he has become a much loved and loving part of our family. In addition to his job as protector his unwavering affection has been a lesson for our whole family. He came into our lives to protect us. And he has done that and much more. He’s an amazing dog and he has taught me and my family about protection, devotion, dependence, caring and he is now teaching us the hardest lesson: learning when to let go.

We have depended on him for years and now his body is failing him. And now he depends on us to protect him and to care for him and to ultimately to decide what’s best for him. Not for us. For him. The Victor decision is one I think we both know about. I know and he knows and I can see it in his eyes and we both know the other one knows that it doesn’t make it easier.

Victor’s lessons are ingrained in us forever. Protection, devotion and dignity.

I don’t know what this holiday is going to bring us, but it may be a very tough decision. I would ask you for your prayers for Victor and our family and the difficult decisions that we face. Thank you, Victor.