Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502152 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1875 on: August 30, 2021, 06:20:25 am »

@corbe

See?

He is already identifying with you!

Good dog!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1876 on: August 30, 2021, 07:44:30 am »

Now I know why pet owners look like their pets  wink777

Kool guys get kool dogs

***cool cat***
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

BassWrangler

« Reply #1877 on: August 30, 2021, 09:50:44 am »
@verga

Maybe  you should stop shaving and learn to scratch behind your ear with your big toe?

Tried this. Did not attract chicks as promised.

Offline verga

« Reply #1878 on: August 30, 2021, 12:11:05 pm »
@verga

Maybe  you should stop shaving and learn to scratch behind your ear with your big toe?
Quit shaving years ago, would need another hip surgery to get that much flexibility
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1879 on: August 30, 2021, 02:38:46 pm »
Tried this. Did not attract chicks as promised.

@BassWrangler

DAMN! And I was soooo sure that would work,too!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1880 on: August 31, 2021, 02:06:35 pm »
@Gefn
Here are links to a couple videos of my puppy, I can't figure out how to make them play without being clicked :shrug:

https://i.imgur.com/cboqWJp.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Xbcfhz6.mp4

@GtHawk

Your puppy is adorable! I wanna play with him too!

I wonder what he’s dreaming about….

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1881 on: September 01, 2021, 11:50:15 pm »

« Reply #1882 on: September 04, 2021, 12:29:56 pm »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1883 on: September 04, 2021, 07:59:30 pm »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1884 on: September 04, 2021, 08:07:41 pm »
Dana Perino's dog "Jasper" passed away today.  2012-2021.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #1885 on: September 04, 2021, 08:40:02 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1886 on: September 05, 2021, 01:48:38 pm »
Dana Perino's dog "Jasper" passed away today.  2012-2021.

8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #1887 on: September 06, 2021, 01:12:29 am »
Too cute!!

VIDEO:  Sleepy Puppy Falls Asleep on Baby

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuyCdgpa5sY
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1888 on: September 08, 2021, 01:10:52 am »
Too cute!!

This is so precious, it almost makes me want to get a puppy. Almost.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1889 on: September 08, 2021, 01:17:33 am »
Too cute!!

@libertybele

Puppy fought the z's as long as he could to stay on guard duty,but once he realized he WAS going to sleep,he laid down on the baby so that anyone that attacked the baby had to go though him first.

ANYBODY that doesn't  love dogs has a serious character flaw. Period,end of discussion.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1890 on: September 08, 2021, 01:46:20 am »
@libertybele

Puppy fought the z's as long as he could to stay on guard duty,but once he realized he WAS going to sleep,he laid down on the baby so that anyone that attacked the baby had to go though him first.

ANYBODY that doesn't  love dogs has a serious character flaw. Period,end of discussion.

@sneakypete   It took me a long time to develop a love for dogs as when I was little I was bit by a dachshund and became scared of small dogs.  Then a German Shepherd down the street broke through a screen door and bit the newspaper boy, so I developed a fear of dogs.

My boyfriend who later became  my husband had a Doberman.  I came to his house, knocked on the door, and was met by 'Lady'  (the doberman) and was petrified.  He assured me that Lady would do me no harm.  Lady was showing her teeth, but in actuality she was grinning from ear to ear and excited to meet me.  I opened the door and she just stood there. I explained that I was terrified and he said just pet her. I did and she stood there, tail wagging and just as docile and loving as could be.  Long story short, we married and took Lady to live with us.  She lived till 15 years old.  I fell in love with Dobermans (you know the viscous killers) Since then I've always insisted on puppies to raise, because of my fear still, and those puppies became my kids.  I'm still not fond of small dogs.  Give me a Doberman, or a similar larger dog and I'm good!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:49:43 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1891 on: September 08, 2021, 02:04:16 am »
@sneakypete   It took me a long time to develop a love for dogs as when I was little I was bit by a dachshund and became scared of small dogs.  Then a German Shepherd down the street broke through a screen door and bit the newspaper boy, so I developed a fear of dogs.

My boyfriend who later became  my husband had a Doberman.  I came to his house, knocked on the door, and was met by 'Lady'  (the doberman) and was petrified.  He assured me that Lady would do me no harm.  Lady was showing her teeth, but in actuality she was grinning from ear to ear and excited to meet me.  I opened the door and she just stood there. I explained that I was terrified and he said just pet her. I did and she stood there, tail wagging and just as docile and loving as could be.  Long story short, we married and took Lady to live with us.  She lived till 15 years old.  I fell in love with Dobermans (you know the viscous killers) Since then I've always insisted on puppies to raise, because of my fear still, and those puppies became my kids.  I'm still not fond of small dogs.  Give me a Doberman, or a similar larger dog and I'm good!

@libertybele

I loved my dobie like the Pope loves Jesus,and got her accidentially. One day my cat scratched on my door to be let in,and this BIG fully-grown Doberman followed her into the house,crawled up in a chair,and laid down to take a nap. How that Dobie and my mean-ass calico cat got together,became friends,and decided to move in together is one of life's greatest mysteries to me,but it happened.

Best damn dog that ever lived.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1892 on: September 08, 2021, 02:12:42 am »
@libertybele

I loved my dobie like the Pope loves Jesus,and got her accidentially. One day my cat scratched on my door to be let in,and this BIG fully-grown Doberman followed her into the house,crawled up in a chair,and laid down to take a nap. How that Dobie and my mean-ass calico cat got together,became friends,and decided to move in together is one of life's greatest mysteries to me,but it happened.

Best damn dog that ever lived.

888high58888 happy77

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1893 on: September 08, 2021, 12:56:48 pm »
My next door neighbor got a puppy about a month ago. Little white fluff ball, I think she said multipoo mix, but I may be wrong. Let’s put it this way. Puppy looks like the dog on the can of Caesar wet food.

She took her first real long walk last night. So much fun! Doggy kept going on the grass, not to poop but to roll around and play in it. Leaves are for munching!

So not only did I get very good exercise, I was part of puppies first long walk. Priceless.

:chien:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 12:58:55 pm by Gefn »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1894 on: September 08, 2021, 03:29:03 pm »

@libertybele

I tend to agree. They're surely someone I'm not interested in spending time with.

I'm still not fond of small dogs.  Give me a Doberman, or a similar larger dog and I'm good!

I'm sorry you got off to a rough start with dogs. Perfectly understandable to develop a fear after those experiences. But at least you got there!

I was like a magnet to dogs from day one. I've loved them all my life -- a love that has deepened as I've gotten older. I love all dogs. Big, little and all those in between. I prefer to own little dogs because I'm little (under 5'), I can get more of them on the couch/bed/my lap at one time. I can carry 2 at a time even with the limitations my doctor put on me, and they cost MUCH LESS to feed. Waaaaay less! I've talked to people in the pet store who were buying a month's supply of food for their big dogs in amounts that would have lasted both my dogs for an entire year! That's when I realized I'd never have enough money to feed a big dog. But I do love them all. The company of humans is tolerable (for the most part); the company of dogs is heavenly. 

My next door neighbor got a puppy about a month ago. Little white fluff ball, I think she said multipoo mix, but I may be wrong. Let’s put it this way. Puppy looks like the dog on the can of Caesar wet food.

She took her first real long walk last night. So much fun! Doggy kept going on the grass, not to poop but to roll around and play in it. Leaves are for munching!

So not only did I get very good exercise, I was part of puppies first long walk. Priceless.

:chien:

How fun! I'd love to spend time with a puppy. They're so irresistible and energetic. At my advanced age, I'd never be able to keep up with one. Why is it that once you're old enough to retire and have time to devote to a new puppy, you don't have the energy? That's just wrong!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #1895 on: September 08, 2021, 03:32:43 pm »
The best people I know are dogs.  They are great listeners and non-judgemental.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline verga

« Reply #1896 on: September 08, 2021, 04:02:05 pm »
My  dogs are smarter than most of my ninth graders and about half of my tenth graders.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1897 on: September 08, 2021, 04:07:39 pm »
I prefer to own little dogs because I'm little (under 5'), I can get more of them on the couch/bed/my lap at one time.

Oh I dunno... you'd be surprised how much of a 125 lb Malamute/Wolf will fit in your lap when he figgers he's a lap dog....

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1898 on: September 08, 2021, 04:08:29 pm »

The best thing about dogs is that they're not people!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1899 on: September 08, 2021, 04:12:36 pm »
Oh I dunno... you'd be surprised how much of a 125 lb Malamute/Wolf will fit in your lap when he figgers he's a lap dog....

I hear you! Who's gonna tell him that he's not? :silly: