Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502244 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1850 on: August 11, 2021, 06:55:02 am »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1851 on: August 11, 2021, 03:27:17 pm »
BTW,it is a religious requiement for Muslims to hate dogs.

What else do you really need to know about those sub-human cretins,or their insane religion?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1852 on: August 15, 2021, 12:41:31 am »

Online libertybele

« Reply #1853 on: August 15, 2021, 12:52:00 am »

Clearwater fire crews rescue dog with paw stuck in bathtub drain

CLEARWATER, Fla.– Clearwater fire crews came to rescue a dog whose paw was stuck in a bathtub drain, on Friday.

Bella’s paw got caught in the tub drain while taking a bath.

“She was wet and cold and shivering and I didn’t know what to do,” said Bella’s owner, Megan Walton.

That’s when officials were called, according to a post on the Clearwater Fire & Rescue Department’s Facebook page.

Bella’s rescuers tried to slip her paw out of the drain using soap. When that did not work, the firefighters used tools to cut parts of the drain.

Crews brought an oxygen mask in case the pup needed it. They also made sure she stayed hydrated.

“They didn’t want to cut her paw,” Walton explained “They finally got it out before they were going to saw my tub apart...

https://nbc-2.com/news/2021/08/14/clearwater-fire-crews-rescue-dog-with-paw-stuck-in-bathtub-drain/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1854 on: August 15, 2021, 12:54:51 am »
I have this sign on my front porch...it doesn't really work..the dogs recognize the sound of the UPS truck..

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #1855 on: August 15, 2021, 12:58:11 am »
I have this sign on my front porch...it doesn't really work..the dogs recognize the sound of the UPS truck..

Love it!   :beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1856 on: August 15, 2021, 04:02:58 am »

It's awesome! My little, okay not so little anymore, girl barks at anyone walking by the apartment and listens to the other crazy dogs too much. I should get one too.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1857 on: August 19, 2021, 05:26:58 am »

Clearwater fire crews rescue dog with paw stuck in bathtub drain

CLEARWATER, Fla.– Clearwater fire crews came to rescue a dog whose paw was stuck in a bathtub drain, on Friday.

Bella’s paw got caught in the tub drain while taking a bath.

“She was wet and cold and shivering and I didn’t know what to do,” said Bella’s owner, Megan Walton.

That’s when officials were called, according to a post on the Clearwater Fire & Rescue Department’s Facebook page.

Bella’s rescuers tried to slip her paw out of the drain using soap. When that did not work, the firefighters used tools to cut parts of the drain.

Crews brought an oxygen mask in case the pup needed it. They also made sure she stayed hydrated.

“They didn’t want to cut her paw,” Walton explained “They finally got it out before they were going to saw my tub apart...

https://nbc-2.com/news/2021/08/14/clearwater-fire-crews-rescue-dog-with-paw-stuck-in-bathtub-drain/

@libertybele

OMG! God bless her precious little heart. And God bless her rescuers.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1859 on: August 26, 2021, 10:56:51 am »
Major Tom Cat.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1860 on: August 27, 2021, 06:17:09 am »
We're having a booger of a thunderstorm. Claps of thunder that even startle me, and I'm not that easily startled by thunder. I'm just sitting here appreciating the fact that my little guy I rescued a couple of years ago couldn't care less about all the noise. My baby girl that I lost in May of 2019 suffered greatly during storms and fireworks. I didn't realize how conditioned I was to having a little one that suffered through those things until I got him. I had tried the Thundershirt and every old-wives tale remedy for her, but nothing ever worked. I'm so thankful that my new baby boy is unfazed by it all. I can relax and enjoy the storm.

Has anyone ever had success in helping their dog get over their terror of storms and fireworks?

Online corbe

« Reply #1861 on: August 28, 2021, 01:07:32 am »
     I should get another Dog, especially since my GF just left.
     I'm awfully afraid someone will play the Country record backwards on my turntable, somehow, that would devastate me, again.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 01:12:26 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1862 on: August 28, 2021, 01:36:36 am »
We're having a booger of a thunderstorm. Claps of thunder that even startle me, and I'm not that easily startled by thunder. I'm just sitting here appreciating the fact that my little guy I rescued a couple of years ago couldn't care less about all the noise. My baby girl that I lost in May of 2019 suffered greatly during storms and fireworks. I didn't realize how conditioned I was to having a little one that suffered through those things until I got him. I had tried the Thundershirt and every old-wives tale remedy for her, but nothing ever worked. I'm so thankful that my new baby boy is unfazed by it all. I can relax and enjoy the storm.

Has anyone ever had success in helping their dog get over their terror of storms and fireworks?

As my dog ages, he is becoming more anxious during thunderstorms and now even heavy rain freaks him out. I even tried putting a bed for him in our "safe room" -- he won't stay in there -- he'd rather be with us in our bed (sigh all 65 lbs of him) ... at this point I think he just has us trained.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1863 on: August 28, 2021, 02:36:09 am »
As my dog ages, he is becoming more anxious during thunderstorms and now even heavy rain freaks him out. I even tried putting a bed for him in our "safe room" -- he won't stay in there -- he'd rather be with us in our bed (sigh all 65 lbs of him) ... at this point I think he just has us trained.

@libertybele

This is as it should be.  happy77

I'm sorry he's becoming anxious as he gets older. :crying: I did everything I could think of to produce a peaceful environment for my little girl, but I never found the key. Her sister was like my little guy now -- completely unfazed. I must admit, it's really nice not to have to be concerned with that problem. I really like a good thunderstorm. Here's hoping one of our fellow Briefers will come along with a solution that worked for them so your guy doesn't have to suffer. 

Online corbe

« Reply #1864 on: August 28, 2021, 05:24:00 am »
   I'm not quite sure I want to go through all that 'puppy' shit again.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1865 on: August 28, 2021, 05:48:13 am »

I'm guessing you would be OK unless you were planning to nurse them.

My dog is just over a year now and she thinks that sleeping all day and evening  and then deciding 10 pm is playtime is just fine. Who knew she was part cat? :shrug:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1866 on: August 28, 2021, 07:24:44 am »
@corbe

I support a special shelter that only has older dogs who need home. A lot of their dogs come from Seniors who had to surrender their pups because of having to go into nursing homes, or who died and their families didn’t want the dog but want them to go to a no kill shelter and find a good home.

I agree with you, I would definitely get an older dog or cat at this point of my life. I don’t have the patience to deal with a baby kitten or puppy who is only two or three months old.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1867 on: August 28, 2021, 07:26:40 am »
Btw, my cats hated thunderstorms, they’d go under the bed and meow the saddest meows possible. I think it must be ingrained in them from the time before they were domesticated.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1868 on: August 28, 2021, 03:54:59 pm »
@corbe

I support a special shelter that only has older dogs who need home. A lot of their dogs come from Seniors who had to surrender their pups because of having to go into nursing homes, or who died and their families didn’t want the dog but want them to go to a no kill shelter and find a good home.

I agree with you, I would definitely get an older dog or cat at this point of my life. I don’t have the patience to deal with a baby kitten or puppy who is only two or three months old.

@Gefn

God bless you for supporting that senior shelter! As someone who adopted a 12-year-old half blind little guy, I appreciate their mission. My understanding of his story was that very scenario -- the owner in the home of origin became very ill and the husband brought the dog to the Human Society of Southeast Texas. I don't know if it's no-kill or not, but the good news is that we found each other. I've spent a boatload on his eye situation (glaucoma with rising pressure), so I haven't been able to send any support their way. He's got cataracts in the other eye, but they don't look to be getting worse over the last couple of years, so maybe the eye supplement his eye doctor has him on will keep any advancement away.

Re the puppies, I do have the patience, but not the energy. I wish I did, but the truth is, puppies are cute and almost everyone wants them. Seniors come with a bit of baggage but desperately need a loving and nurturing home. I hoped to find a 7- or 8-year-old dog to adopt. Instead, God had a 12-year-old lined up for me. He's still got plenty of frisky at almost 14, and I adore him. God knows how to make a match.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 03:56:33 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1869 on: August 28, 2021, 05:24:59 pm »
     I should get another Dog, especially since my GF just left.
     I'm awfully afraid someone will play the Country record backwards on my turntable, somehow, that would devastate me, again.

@corbe

Yes,you should. Dogs are the greatest "soul medicine" known to mankind.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1870 on: August 28, 2021, 09:04:36 pm »

Maybe get one bout 6 mos. - 1 yr. old.  They are house trained and still have that spunky playfulness to them. I think the younger you get them the better the bond.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1871 on: August 28, 2021, 09:14:04 pm »
I needed puppy photos today, thanks.

Offline verga

« Reply #1872 on: August 29, 2021, 01:54:42 pm »
@corbe

In 35 years Vergette and I have had one pup. All the rest were at least  years old and most have been 10 or more. But I will tell you if this latest one tells me that I am not his real Father one more time I will ground his ass for a week.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1873 on: August 29, 2021, 04:10:17 pm »
In 35 years Vergette and I have had one pup. All the rest were at least  years old and most have been 10 or more. But I will tell you if this latest one tells me that I am not his real Father one more time I will ground his ass for a week.

@verga

Maybe  you should stop shaving and learn to scratch behind your ear with your big toe?

Online corbe

« Reply #1874 on: August 30, 2021, 03:29:44 am »