Poll

POTUS in 2024? (Part 2)

Voting closes: July 02, 2024, 12:58:25 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers (Part II) Election Sentiment 6 Months Out  (Read 6257 times)

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Pulse of Briefers (Part II) Election Sentiment 6 Months Out
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2024, 08:29:38 pm »

Hereby dedicated to @roamer_1   ...and all his Groupies!    :tongue2:

How many topless women showed up to your house this week?   :silly: :tongue2:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2024, 08:29:52 pm »
Freeze beef?  Heretic!

Try *not* freezing it in the winter in the Great White North... We saw it right off the carcass all winter long.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2024, 08:31:46 pm »
How many topless women showed up to your house this week?   :silly: :tongue2:

:beer:    :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2024, 08:33:08 pm »
I thought when Biden won that we would see Jimmy Carter part two

But that’s not the case

There is no gas rationing or gas lines. The Dow hit another record. Unemployment is relatively low

If inflation was at 1.5%, Biden would be a shoe in  for reelection

If Trump wants to differentiate himself from Biden, separate from the border issue, which she is much better on than Biden, He should run on a policy of limited government and reducing spending. But he’s currently running on doing the opposite
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2024, 08:33:15 pm »
Try *not* freezing it in the winter in the Great White North... We saw it right off the carcass all winter long.

Well, that's a bit different.  I'm sure there's an upside to getting it straight off the steer.  But for a steak purchased at the grocery store, freezing it ruins the taste for me.  Same goes for those vendors who deliver steaks to your door (e.g. Omaha).  They freeze the steaks, so they taste like crap.  But I get what you're saying about the Great White North.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2024, 08:34:07 pm »
If Trump wants to differentiate himself from Biden, separate from the border issue, which she is much better on than Biden, He should run on a policy of limited government and reducing spending. But he’s currently running on doing the opposite

Yep.  Running as Biden-lite.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2024, 08:35:45 pm »
I thought when Biden won that we would see Jimmy Carter part two

But that’s not the case

There is no gas rationing or gas lines. The Dow hit another record. Unemployment is relatively low

If inflation was at 1.5%, Biden would be a shoe in  for reelection

The rise of the DOW is not an indicator of a healthy economy, nor is the rise in the price of gold.  Just sayin'

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2024, 08:38:35 pm »
Well, that's a bit different.  I'm sure there's an upside to getting it straight off the steer.  But for a steak purchased at the grocery store, freezing it ruins the taste for me.  Same goes for those vendors who deliver steaks to your door (e.g. Omaha).  They freeze the steaks, so they taste like crap.  But I get what you're saying about the Great White North.

That's why the freezer is on the porch... It's a redneck thing that started in the North... Half the year it's unplugged with the lid cracked open.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2024, 08:41:48 pm »
The rise of the DOW is not an indicator of a healthy economy

Neither are the rises in bread and egg prices.  Pour six trillion of new money into circulation.  And eventually, that money will be competing for stocks just the same as it competes for bread and eggs.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2024, 08:43:04 pm »

And BTW... Little known fact.... Most meat is frozen to butcher it. It cuts way better that way.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2024, 09:23:03 pm »
Do you guys vacuum pack your meat before freezing it?

I do this with all my fish except those I catch on Lake Superior that get smoked. And they taste just fine even after a few months

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2024, 09:25:49 pm »

I do this with all my fish except those I catch on Lake Superior that get smoked. And they taste just fine even after a few months

Yeah. Or double wrapped in paper... usually with saran-wrap against the meat.

Paper works fine. Just a whole lot more process. the vac is quick and one-step.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2024, 11:19:51 pm »

Wife sometimes puts it in those heavy duty zip bags... but that is about it. If something gets a little tinge of freezer burnt, we usually just shut up and eat it unless it is just bad burnt.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2024, 03:39:42 am »

In bulk, yes. Hamburger disappears around here too fast to bother. Roasts and such get vacuum packed, especially if cut into smaller sections, and fish fillets not cooked immediately get that, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2024, 03:58:45 am »
There's nothing like taking a whole ribeye, cutting it into steaks, soaking them in orange juice for half a day, and then tossing them onto a charcoal grill.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2024, 04:48:19 am »
There's nothing like taking a whole ribeye, cutting it into steaks, soaking them in orange juice for half a day, and then tossing them onto a charcoal grill.

COSTCO sells them 5 to a package...each a smidge more than 2-1/2 inches thick.  Now about $65 for choice...$75. for prime.

I cut each to make two...and freeze the 10 individually.  Problem is, living in a condo unit, we don't have charcoal grill access.

So, it's the iron frying pan to singe and then baked in the oven for a few minutes.  You cannot leave the kitchen and login on the internet or else you get well done...which would be a sacrilege.   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2024, 03:59:34 pm »

Never done orange juice... I marinate in a cheap berry wine - or home made huckleberry wine (which is more likely to be here), if I marinate at all... Mostly, I let the smoke work it's magic. I can't think of the last steak I had that wasn't seared over wood and passed to the smoke... Apple wood on beef.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2024, 04:05:24 pm »
Never done orange juice... I marinate in a cheap berry wine - or home made huckleberry wine (which is more likely to be here), if I marinate at all... Mostly, I let the smoke work it's magic. I can't think of the last steak I had that wasn't seared over wood and passed to the smoke... Apple wood on beef.

Cherry wood or mesquite works nicely too.  I tend to favor mesquite.  It burns hot and I prefer the taste.

I must say I have never marinated a steak before cooking it over wood or charcoal. They do make charcoal with mesquite mixed in with it and that is what I mostly use. Otherwise it's cherry chips mixed in with charcoal.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2024, 04:07:05 pm »
I know everyone has their preference for steak marination.  Ours is Italian dressing for 3 1/2 days.  Right at about the time the vinegar in the dressing denatures the meat from it's red color to a pale gray brown.

Not only does the dressing enhance the flavor, but makes it tender as all get out. .....   Then slow cook (170F) /smoke

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2024, 04:25:01 pm »
Cherry wood or mesquite works nicely too.  I tend to favor mesquite.  It burns hot and I prefer the taste.

I must say I have never marinated a steak before cooking it over wood or charcoal. They do make charcoal with mesquite mixed in with it and that is what I mostly use. Otherwise it's cherry chips mixed in with charcoal.

I love the taste of mesquite or hickory... just can't get at it up in here. It's always a pleasure when my Kansas kin come up, as they can get at it... But I ain't seen nary a one in some years.

Don't do charcoal. Usually cook over pine wood. Smoke can be alder or apple mostly. It's  apple and cherry country up in here. But mostly Bing cherries. It takes sour cherry to make good smoke. That's harder to find. Not native. Apple wood is plentiful. Choke cherry is plentiful, and that ain't bad.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2024, 04:31:30 pm »
Geez...all I did within the context of the thread was use a rib-eye as an example of basic meats being economically out-of-reach for the common man/voter.

@mystery-ak was kind to tell us Kroger's (which is not available in the Washington, D.C. region) was going to have them on sale.

Now two pages later we're still yapping about smoking and marinating meat.

:silly:   :rolling:    :silly:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2024, 04:38:01 pm »

Now two pages later we're still yapping about smoking and marinating meat.

:silly:   :rolling:    :silly:

Not too many more pleasures in life better than a large perfectly cooked ribeye.   Now that's a pulse accelerator.....    :tongue2:

I figure you'd prefer hearing that, rather than 85% in the poll so far don't like Trump.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 04:39:22 pm by catfish1957 »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2024, 04:46:24 pm »
Not too many more pleasures in life better than a large perfectly cooked ribeye.   Now that's a pulse accelerator.....    :tongue2:

I figure you'd prefer hearing that, rather than 85% in the poll so far don't like Trump.

I don't think whether or not someone likes Trump has any bearing. I dislike Trump intensely but I'm going to vote for him in November. I'm not voting for a drinking buddy. I'm voting for someone who has the best interests of this country at heart.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2024, 04:48:59 pm »
I don't think whether or not someone likes Trump has any bearing. I dislike Trump intensely but I'm going to vote for him in November. I'm not voting for a drinking buddy. I'm voting for someone who has the best interests of this country at heart.

Pretty much my sentiment too.  The alternative to Trump is destruction.  Why....  I voted for the "nose holding" option

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2024, 04:49:00 pm »

LOL!  Too small a sample size.

85% of a few dozen people disliking Donald Trump in TBR...and $26.86 will get you one rib-eye at Wegman's   :beer: