Author Topic: The 2024 Election Will Be Neither Free Nor Fair  (Read 3140 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: The 2024 Election Will Be Neither Free Nor Fair
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2024, 10:48:03 pm »
This is yet another one of those ne'ertrumper threads that I'm not going to bother reading.
I've got better things to do than to read your gripes and moans.

However, on the chance that Mr. Trump DOES get re-elected in November (and I'm very realistic about his chances, considering the power of The Party's underground and above-ground election apparatus), I sense that his first week in office is going to result in a lot of actions taken to which even the ne'ertrumpers here will grudgingly approve...

There will be no grudgingly approve

If he does something I approve, I’ll approve. Where the hell does the word “grudgingly” come in?

If he vetoes a spending bill from Congress, why would I “grudgingly approve” that? I would absolutely approve that.  If there’s a pandemic and his healthcare team tries to tell him to shut down the economy, and he tells them to go to hell, I won’t “grudgingly approve” that. I’ll cheer him on.

I suspect the more likely scenario is people such as yourself will cheer everything he does, regardless of the consequences
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 01:29:40 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2024, 10:50:04 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

But it is such  a PERFECT  fit for that backstabbing little weasel.

@sneakypete

I don't agree that he's a weasel. I would never call him that. I would be happy to vote for him when the time is right. In fact, I would've this year if things had worked out differently.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2024, 11:08:18 pm »
There will be no grudgingly approve

If he does something I approve, I’ll approve. Where the hell does the word “grudgingly” come in?

That's right... All of us, to my general knowledge, have approved of and defended him from time to time.

If he vetoes a spending bill from Congress, why would I “grudgingly approve” that? I would absolutely approve that.  If there’s a pandemic and his healthcare team tries to tell him to shut down the economy, and he tells them to go to hell, I won’t “grudgingly approve” that. I’ll cheer him on.

That's right too, however unlikely.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2024, 11:12:24 pm »
I never  said you did. And I apologize if you thought I was describing you.

But it does apply to many MAGAs

I think I need to clarify. When I use the term MAGAs, I don’t mean it as anyone who votes for Trump. I’m talking about those who have invested their emotions into him. They are the “shoot someone on 5th Ave” supporters.
They are the people who become upset when his record is critiqued and lash out. It’s those whose only argument is “ you hate him because he’s rich, orange, and rude.” These are the same people who became unhinged because other Republicans threw their hat in the ring in an OPEN GOP primary to challenge Trump for the nomination. Something that normally happens in a primary

The “I’m holding my nose and voting for him” folks  are not in that category. They just feel he’d be a better choice than Biden and are voting accordingly. They wish there was a different option than Trump but they’re making what they feel is a pragmatic choice based on the choices before them. I suspect this applies to most members here who are voting for Trump. I’m too much of a conservative ideologue to do that.   But I enjoy the back and forth with this type of Trump voter. We just agree to disagree. Hell, I’m currently living with a “hold my nose and vote for Trump” voter. She respects my choice and I her’s

BTW, you’re right. My wife is very intelligent  wink777

And I agree with you on the peas

@LMAO

Thanks for the clarification. As I'm sure you can guess, I was never one of those 5th Avenue shooting people.

I would never, never, never ascribe a motive as to why someone believes/says/does something. Until and unless they state their reasons, I can only guess. I try to be as fair as possible with everyone until someone gives me a reason not to be. I appreciate that you understand the thinking behind my positions, even when you disagree. I'm glad you and your brilliant wife can respect one another's positions.

And finally, down with peas. Up with tacos! (visualize a delicious taco graphic here)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2024, 11:13:09 pm »
@sneakypete

I don't agree that he's a weasel. I would never call him that. I would be happy to vote for him when the time is right. In fact, I would've this year if things had worked out differently.

@AllThatJazzZ

I would vote for him myself if he was the only alternative to the DNC candidate.

About the ONLY possible candidate I can think of that MIGHT be worse than Biden or any  of his likely  replacements would be Satan if he existed,and I am not entirely sure he would be worse.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2024, 11:22:51 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

I would vote for him myself if he was the only alternative to the DNC candidate.

About the ONLY possible candidate I can think of that MIGHT be worse than Biden or any  of his likely  replacements would be Satan if he existed,and I am not entirely sure he would be worse.

@sneakypete

:yowsa:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2024, 11:26:20 pm »
And finally, down with peas. Up with tacos! (visualize a delicious taco graphic here)

Oh yeah... With chili or chili-fries... or Mexican street corn - a new love of mine.