Author Topic: The 2024 Election Will Be Neither Free Nor Fair  (Read 3139 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: The 2024 Election Will Be Neither Free Nor Fair
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2024, 07:19:15 pm »

He and his MAGAS also generously used the term “Desanctimonius” when it came to RDS

Sure they did. Anything goes.
Until they get some back.
Then they're a bunch of crybabies.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2024, 07:24:45 pm »
Sure they did. Anything goes.
Until they get some back.
Then they're a bunch of crybabies.

Degrading nicknames for political figures doesn’t bother me as I see it as a way we assert ourselves over the political class. Try doing that in N Korea to Kim

But it is the height of hypocrisy to be lectured over it by people who do it themselves. MAGAs need to learn to get as well as they give
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2024, 07:39:22 pm »
Another long time Ron Paul supporter chimes in.  I see it the way you do @AllThatJazzZ , for likely the same reasons.

Being born in the 1950s and coming of age in the 1960s, gives me a bit of a longer view of the country.  This country, the civil society, and the democrat and republican parties that we remember from young adulthood and into our 30s/40s no longer exist.  Governing the nation and making decisions that support the well being of the citizens is no longer a priority (or even a passing thought) for the vast majority of both parties.  (Sure, there are a small handful of exceptions in the republican party, I don't know of any such exceptions in the national level of the democrat party.)  In short, maintaining and seeking 'corporate' (using the generic definition of a unified body of individuals) and personal POWER is the heart of the democrat party, and any financial gains that come their way is the gravy.  For republicans, maintaining and increasing 'corporate' and personal WEALTH is the heart of the republican party, and any power/influence gains that come their way is the gravy.

@art.prout

BRAVO,BRAVO,BRAVO! Please stand and take a bow!

As such, no one is going to be teaching either party a "lesson" by withholding a vote...

And then your train runs off the tracks.

What this next election about is giving "we,the people" the breathing room we need to make some VERY  necessary changes in our political leadership.

IF the "legal war" against Trump is successful,America,as we all knew it growing up,regardless of the decade,is OVER. Dead and  buried to never return because there will never again be another actual fair election.

To quote an expert on this issue,none other than Joseph Stalin is quoted as observing,"It doesn't matter WHO votes. What matters is who COUNTS the votes!"

I have stated this before,and I will state it again,"Trump is the ONLY  chance we  have of saving America because his ONLY real concern is being written about in the history books as "The President that Saved America!",and since he is the ONLY candidate that can ONLY serve ONE term,he is going to be concentrating on that from the instant he takes the oath of office until the day he leaves the WH.

No,that alone will NOT save America,but it MIGHT give us the breathing room that we need to elect someone after him who has "seen the light" and takes it from there.

It might also wake up a hell of a lot of Americans who don't bother to vote because from what I have seen and heard,there are a shocking (to me,anyhow) number of Americans who say "why bother? It's all rigged anyhow?".

Give these people a little faith that changes for the positive are coming,and we have a CHANCE of having another conservative elected as President when Trump leaves office.

Sitting at home on your ass and whining,or voting  for the Easter Bunny just weakens us even further. You MUST vote for a candidate that has a chance of winning,and that is Trump. If you think I am wrong,name the candidate who can beat the Dim Machine come election day.

using the republican party as our focus, there is no longer significant mass in the party that is going to heed such a lesson, and 'do better' to ensure that a more 'conservative' electable candidate will ever appear as the republican presidential candidate.  Just not going to happen in any of our lifetimes.  Sorry.  Getting a 'conservative' presidential candidate elected is NOT a goal or desire of the republican party.

Well,Hell,we might as well go ahead and surrender now,right,comrade?

As much as people resist (for numerous reasons, many of them quite noble) coming to grips with this simple fact, it is what it is:  Donald Trump is likely the 'best' that we are going to get in our lifetimes.

I STRONGLY disagree. He IS the best we are going to get  RIGHT NOW,and the ONLY chance we are going to  have to survive RIGHT NOW. A Trump win gives us some breathing room and the chance to re-group and gain strength for the next election.

Voting for Trump in 2024 is pretty much a 'hail Mary' attempt at buying a bit more time...

With the implication being that we might as well go ahead and surrender to globalism now and save ourselves the grief of fighting it?

time for everyone to better prepare for what is coming, and help others do the same. 

It is NOW OR  NEVER. Trump either wins the upcoming election,or it is over NOW. There will be NO  "TOMORROW" when it comes to America being a free and independent nation of free people.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 07:43:45 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2024, 08:13:33 pm »
They will claim there was still fraud but they overcame it, like in 2016. They will never stop believing in the Great Pumpkin. Never mind that these "the election is doomed" posts just discourage people from voting in the first place.

Yeah... And in the mean time, the liberals will take over the drumbeat, claiming election fraud and burning down their shithole cities again, again, again sommore...

SOSDD... You'd think they'd catch on that somehow through it all, the check still gets signed.  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2024, 08:15:29 pm »
@LMAO

Actually, the lesson is that Biden and the Dems have brought us to our knees in 3 years. Four more years will be our undoing. There was a time when I didn't fully understand the phrase "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." There are times when I'm willing to wait for perfect. This isn't one of those times.

Totally bullcrap. It has nothing to do with  what you are voting *AGAINST*. That's the big lie.
Your vote, by it's definition, can only be an endorsement.

It's what you're voting *FOR*.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2024, 08:22:42 pm »
I'm not gonna lie. I'm astonished that Republicans would flirt with an election that ensures our certain demise if we don't stop Biden.

So fight liberalism with liberalism... from the Right. Sometimes the cure is worse than the affliction, is that it?

HELL NO. Y'all are voting *FOR* nearly  everything I stand against.

Of course I won't help you.
This is capitulation.

Living to fight another day would suppose that what one is fighting for remains. When you throw it all under the bus, a Pyrrhic victory indeed.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2024, 08:30:27 pm »
CAN ANYONE HEAR ME??? IS THIS THING ON??? HELLO??

It's not hope in Donald Trump but rather fear of losing the republic under Dems. I guess I don't have the skills to get my point across, but, considering all the points I made in my previous post (this is a different time in history), I'm going to take a break from further attempts to make my point. Y'all can take a swipe at me and my lack of principle, my ignorance, my naivety, my dearth of virtue, or whatever you'd like to chalk my intransigence up to. What drives me is preserving the republic, and even under the best of circumstances, it's going to take a lot of work.

ANY action taken in fear is misguided.

Liberalism is winning not by its merit - It has no merit.
Liberalism is winning because it has no opposition.

WE are supposed to be that opposition.
But y'all are voting FOR liberalism.
From the Right.

In fear.

It makes no sense at all.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2024, 08:59:23 pm »
For those of us who are ideologically conservative, it is hard for us to understand why people would vote for Trump. if you look at his record, and his current proposals, Trump would be what we  call a RINO.

But not everybody in the Republican Party is conservative. There are very few people in the Republican Party who are along the lines of a Calvin Coolidge, Ron Paul, or Barry Goldwater. So I suppose it’s hard for others to understand why folks like myself would not vote for Donald Trump because he’s got the Republican label after his name.

So being an ideological conservative, I look at his record, especially when it came to Covid and tariffs, and cannot vote for more of that because I would not vote for a Democrat based on many of the same reasons I wouldn’t vote for Trump.

As we’ve seen, Trump seems to take positions not based on any principle but on whatever donors tell him. And the reason why he does that because he’s not moored to any particular ideology. That’s why he gave money to fund the campaigns of people like Kamala Harris, Harry Reid, Hilary Clinton, Chuck Schumer.

We see a few people say that he’s going to “save America” and” he’ll protect us from the globalist.” Can they name what he did as president or any of his proposals  that will do that? It appears the deep state, and those same people that Trump is going to save us from gained quite a bit of power while he was president with the appointment of people like Christopher Wray and Miley

Crime is another issue. People forget that he attacked Joe Biden over the 1994 crime bill and during the 2020 campaign Trump and his supporters blasted Joe Biden for calling criminals “super predators” during the time the crime bill was debated

If I wanted Democrat policies, I should just simply vote for the Democrat
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 09:09:47 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2024, 09:00:10 pm »
ANY action taken in fear is misguided.

@roamer_1

I guess that means if a woman is getting raped,or sees her child being kidnapped,it would be misguided for her to shoot the rapist/kidnapper,or to even call 911.

GOOD thinking!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2024, 09:00:36 pm »
@roamer_1

I guess that means if a woman is getting raped,or sees her child being kidnapped,it would be misguided for her to shoot the rapist/kidnapper,or to even call 911.

GOOD thinking!

That doesn’t even make any sense

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2024, 09:05:15 pm »
@roamer_1

GOOD thinking!

Fear would be compliance. Like voting for a NYC liberal as a Republican president... Giving a big OK to multi-trillion dollar deficits, flying cars, federal cities, and federal abortion statutes.

That's what you're voting FOR.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2024, 09:08:28 pm »
Fear would be compliance. Like voting for a NYC liberal as a Republican president... Giving a big OK to multi-trillion dollar deficits, flying cars, federal cities, and federal abortion statutes.

That's what you're voting FOR.

@roamer_1

OR,just hiding under your bed and hoping things work out.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2024, 09:13:03 pm »
@roamer_1

OR,just hiding under your bed and hoping things work out.

I don't vote for liberals. Period.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2024, 09:54:26 pm »
It's neither @AllThatJazzZ . If I were to imitate him, I would be assigning demeaning nicknames to everyone. Now, while I will admit to assigning some *few* demeaning nicknames, this one is a very pointed attack, on purpose, and a political gesture.

It started particularly during the '16 primary with Tumpy's fans demanding an air of respectability around their candidate at the same time Tumpy was down in the gutter against 'Lyin Ted' Cruz...

And here we are again. That's your guy. THAT's what you're voting for, and I will not let you forget it... And then dress him up in respectability, and award him the 'conservative' mantle, and all the other shit y'all will do to help you swallow that pride and go groveling and begging, back to the Republicans to get more of the same.

THAT's why he will ever be Tumpy.

And I hate peas.

@roamer_1

I see. So you're only a little naughty. Not as unbearable as Donald Trump. Much more likeable. When did you learn to grade on a curve like that? (A little leaven spoils the whole loaf. Gal. 5:9)

I must admit that I don't remember ever being exposed to this rather nasty side of you. Was I just lucky before or is it because I haven't spent a lot of time on this forum?

We agree on the peas. Blechhhh...

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2024, 09:56:55 pm »

He and his MAGAS also generously used the term “Desanctimonius” when it came to RDS

@LMAO

Y'all might want to back off on painting with such a broad brush. I never used that term, nor did I call any of the other candidates names.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2024, 10:06:54 pm »
@roamer_1

I see. So you're only a little naughty. Not as unbearable as Donald Trump. Much more likeable. When did you learn to grade on a curve like that? (A little leaven spoils the whole loaf. Gal. 5:9)

@AllThatJazzZ
Naw. I'm an a**hole. It takes one to know one.

But I never claimed to be otherwise
And I am not running for president.

I must admit that I don't remember ever being exposed to this rather nasty side of you. Was I just lucky before or is it because I haven't spent a lot of time on this forum?

Nah. I remember you from ToS. We've always been a bit differing. And that's alright. I tend to appreciate your contributions as coming from a thoughtful stance, most always.

But I will remain unmoved wrt Tumpy, and will offer no succor.
What he represents is inordinately dangerous to Conservatism.
And it is Conservatism that I defend and will fight for.
Not Tumpy..

We agree on the peas. Blechhhh...

They're good if they're in the pod.
otherwise, tuna casserole - So that should tell you something.

Their only salvation is shepherd's pie, or chicken pot pie. Those I will devour with gusto.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:11:28 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2024, 10:15:25 pm »
Naw. I'm an a**hole. It takes one to know one.

But I never claimed to be otherwise
And I am not running for president.

Nah. I remember you from ToS. We've always been a bit differing. And that's alright. I tend to appreciate your contributions as coming from a thoughtful stance, most always.

But I will remain unmoved wrt Tumpy, and will offer no succor.
What he represents is inordinately dangerous to Conservatism.
And it is Conservatism that I defend and will fight for.
Not Tumpy..

They're good if they're in the pod.
otherwise, tuna casserole - So that should tell you something.

Their only salvation is shepherd's pie, or chicken pot pie. Those I will devour with gusto.

@roamer_1

Pretty sure you don't. If there was someone with my same moniker, it's purely accidental.* The identity I had over there was altogether different. Gone in a ZOT.  8888crybaby

Not for me. Peas are only good in a stew or something saucy that's been cooking for hours.

*Off topic, but it might be surprising to learn that my chosen name for this board has nothing to do with my musical taste and everything to do with my dogs that have already gone to be with the Lord. There was a guy named Jazzhead that people used to get me mixed up with here at TBR. I haven't seen him in a while.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:18:21 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2024, 10:16:37 pm »
This is yet another one of those ne'ertrumper threads that I'm not going to bother reading.
I've got better things to do than to read your gripes and moans.

However, on the chance that Mr. Trump DOES get re-elected in November (and I'm very realistic about his chances, considering the power of The Party's underground and above-ground election apparatus), I sense that his first week in office is going to result in a lot of actions taken to which even the ne'ertrumpers here will grudgingly approve...

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2024, 10:19:45 pm »
This is yet another one of those ne'ertrumper threads that I'm not going to bother reading.

However, on the chance that Mr. Trump DOES get re-elected in November (and I'm very realistic about his chances, considering the power of The Party's underground and above-ground election apparatus), I sense that his first week in office is going to result in a lot of actions taken to which even the ne'ertrumpers here will grudgingly approve...

@Fishrrman

You should save this thread so we can revisit it if that comes to pass.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2024, 10:29:13 pm »
@roamer_1

Pretty sure you don't. If there was someone with my same moniker, it's purely accidental.* The identity I had over there was altogether different. Gone in a ZOT.  8888crybaby

Really? I seem to remember you there... Or perhaps the conversion of your moniker took place in my head, discarding the old for the new... Pardon me for that. Several here know me IRL, and for the life of me, I cannot remember any by name, only by moniker. A fail-safe, perhaps from my seedier days in back alleys on the web.

Anyhow, it would have been old times. Hanging with pissant during the Duncan Hunter days, or thereafter with rabscuttle385 and his crew, albeit that my libertarian edge is in a Western sense - I remain a Reagan Conservative. Just one without a crew after pissant got the axe... So I naturally found solace with the Paulites.

*Off topic, but it might be surprising to learn that my chosen name for this board has nothing to do with my musical taste and everything to do with my dogs that have already gone to be with the Lord. There was a guy named Jazzhead that people used to get me mixed up with here at TBR. I haven't seen him in a while.

I remember that. @Jazzhead is a bit of a friend of mine (in friendly opposition perhaps, best said). I think you had it written in your sig for a while 'I am not Jazzhead', or something to that effect... And I remember that you're a Glen Campbell freak (in the nicest way  happy77)..

Online roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2024, 10:31:37 pm »

Printers go BRRRR.

That's what he will do.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2024, 10:36:03 pm »
@LMAO

Y'all might want to back off on painting with such a broad brush. I never used that term, nor did I call any of the other candidates names.

I never  said you did. And I apologize if you thought I was describing you.

But it does apply to many MAGAs

I think I need to clarify. When I use the term MAGAs, I don’t mean it as anyone who votes for Trump. I’m talking about those who have invested their emotions into him. They are the “shoot someone on 5th Ave” supporters.
They are the people who become upset when his record is critiqued and lash out. It’s those whose only argument is “ you hate him because he’s rich, orange, and rude.”  These are the same people who became unhinged because other Republicans threw their hat in the ring in an OPEN GOP primary to challenge Trump for the nomination. Something that normally happens in a primary

The “I’m holding my nose and voting for him” folks  are not in that category. They just feel he’d be a better choice than Biden and are voting accordingly. They wish there was a different option than Trump but they’re making what they feel is a pragmatic choice based on the choices before them. I suspect this applies to most members here who are voting for Trump. I’m too much of a conservative ideologue to do that.   But I enjoy the back and forth with this type of Trump voter. We just agree to disagree. Hell, I’m currently living with a “hold my nose and vote for Trump” voter. She respects my choice and I her’s

BTW, you’re right. My wife is very intelligent  wink777

And I agree with you on the peas

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2024, 10:40:30 pm »
@LMAO

@AllThatJazzZ

But it is such  a PERFECT  fit for that backstabbing little weasel.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2024, 10:45:02 pm »

@Fishrrman

Well,he couldn't be worse if he  tried.

I still get brain freeze when I see these "holier than thou" losers have their little hissy-fits about Trump and claim they are more "righteous than thou" politically because they are just going to sit at home and do nothing to stop the Dims from remaining in power.

And I have ZERO doubt they will blame it on Trump voters.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2024, 10:47:56 pm »
Really? I seem to remember you there... Or perhaps the conversion of your moniker took place in my head, discarding the old for the new... Pardon me for that. Several here know me IRL, and for the life of me, I cannot remember any by name, only by moniker. A fail-safe, perhaps from my seedier days in back alleys on the web.

Anyhow, it would have been old times. Hanging with pissant during the Duncan Hunter days, or thereafter with rabscuttle385 and his crew, albeit that my libertarian edge is in a Western sense - I remain a Reagan Conservative. Just one without a crew after pissant got the axe... So I naturally found solace with the Paulites.

I remember that. @Jazzhead is a bit of a friend of mine (in friendly opposition perhaps, best said). I think you had it written in your sig for a while 'I am not Jazzhead', or something to that effect... And I remember that you're a Glen Campbell freak (in the nicest way  happy77)..

@roamer_1

Wow! I'm impressed at the detail you remember! Yes, I had that explanation about Jazzhead in my signature line, but not to diss him. It was to prevent everyone who replied to me from prefacing their reply with "I generally disagree with you [that is, Jazzhead], but I agree with what you [again, Jazzhead] just posted." And yes! I'm a HUGE Glen Campbell fan. That didn't happen until August 2017. The videos I found on YouTube were a gold mine for me.