Author Topic: NYC Mayor Eric Adams, NY Gov. Kathy Hochul push to boost number of cops on subways to combat recent  (Read 1898 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYC Mayor Eric Adams, NY Gov. Kathy Hochul push to boost number of cops on subways to combat recent crime surge

Mayor Eric Adams said Tuesday he is pushing to permanently boost the number of cops on trains and subway platforms in an effort to curb the Big Apple’s burgeoning underground crime wave.

Adams stressed his administration was trying to find a “new norm for patrolling our subway systems” – including with increased police presence and enhanced bag checks – following the recent surge in violence that has seen three New Yorkers shot dead on trains and platforms since the start of the year.

“We’re going to continuously make sure our officers move as much as possible to show a greater presence to deal with how people are feeling in our system right now,” Hizzoner told reporters after being peppered with questions about transit crime during his weekly City Hall briefing.
Gov. Kathy Hochul, meanwhile, is slated to announce Wednesday new legislation to help beef up the city’s subway security after meeting with Adams, MTA officials and the NYPD last week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-ny-gov-kathy-hochul-push-to-boost-number-of-cops-on-subways-to-combat-recent-crime-surge/ar-BB1jo1Mk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6c6fe2b83ad643bc969fca366be72f1d&ei=51
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They can't do that.  Its undemocrat party to want more cops.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
OK?
More handcuffed cops who cannot do anything to stop anyone without being sued.
More cops who cannot arrest anyone without being called 'racist' by all the city management in NYC.
More cops who even *if* they actually arrest anyone, the perps will be released within an hour. Nothing will happen and they will be right back on the same subway before the arresting cop's shift is over.

The problem is not just about cops. It is a rotten root problem with the entire systemic "all criminals are innocent victims" judicial bureaucracy in NYC. If there are 'no consequences' then a hundred thousand cops will make no difference at all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

OK?
More handcuffed cops who cannot do anything to stop anyone without being sued.
More cops who cannot arrest anyone without being called 'racist' by all the city management in NYC.
More cops who even *if* they actually arrest anyone, the perps will be released within an hour. Nothing will happen and they will be right back on the same subway before the arresting cop's shift is over.

The problem is not just about cops. It is a rotten root problem with the entire systemic "all criminals are innocent victims" judicial bureaucracy in NYC. If there are 'no consequences' then a hundred thousand cops will make no difference at all.

Right

Who would want to be a cop in New York City under these conditions?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Gov. Hochul to deploy 1,000 National Guardsmen, state cops to carry out bag checks in NYC subways
By Social Links for Nolan Hicks and
Social Links for Emily Crane
Published March 6, 2024, 10:56 a.m. ET

Nearly 1,000 New York National Guardsmen, state police, and MTA cops are being deployed to carry out bag checks in the Big Apple’s crime-ridden subway system, Gov. Kathy Hochul announced Wednesday.

In total, 750 guardsmen and 250 cops will help NYPD officers patrol the “the city’s busiest transit stations,” Hochul said.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/03/06/us-news/gov-hochul-to-deploy-1000-national-guardsman-state-cops-to-carry-out-bag-checks-in-nyc-subways/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

When I saw "bag checks," I thought for a moment it was Pittsburgh, where plastic grocery bags are banned, and they were going to forcibly take bags from commuters.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Um, where are these extra subway cops going to come from, the already undermanned streets? Gee I wonder what will happen if there are even less cops patrolling the streets in NY? I know, why don't they make the illegals cops? Then not only will they bump up employment numbers for the state, they will spread the culture of central American corruption even faster.....whoops, could the democrats stand the competition?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I can hear Neil Youngs new song.

Four dead in Soho.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Um, where are these extra subway cops going to come from, the already undermanned streets? Gee I wonder what will happen if there are even less cops patrolling the streets in NY? I know, why don't they make the illegals cops? Then not only will they bump up employment numbers for the state, they will spread the culture of central American corruption even faster.....whoops, could the democrats stand the competition?
LOL!
Illegals have no 'White guilt'. They would beat the shit out of everyone in no-time. Illegals will stop the problems on the subway. But I don't think the Black racists running NYC would like the way they do it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I would REFUSE to go. Have no desire to be stabbed or shot by some low-life street thug.
I'm not going to get myself sued and/or thrown in jail for attempting to enforce the law.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I would REFUSE to go. Have no desire to be stabbed or shot by some low-life street thug.
I'm not going to get myself sued and/or thrown in jail for attempting to enforce the law.

If Hochul is trying to lure tourists back to NYC, this is a fail.  She is still very soft on crime, as is the Mayor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Using the NG for security guard work?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You know who will need the NG?  Jelly Belly Prickster and the Goofy ass slug of a Chicago Mayor.  That city is gonna riot when the Rat convention hits town.  You got Antifa, BLM, white liberal Hamas lovers and Muzzie Jew haters all lined up to go all Mrs O'Leary's cow on the city.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I fear daily for the safety of my niece, who lives in Brooklyn and takes the subway to graduate school in lower Manhattan. What a freakin' mess NYC has become since the Rudy years.

Offline mountaineer

Violent crime is getting so bad in New York City subways that Gov. Kathy Hochul is deploying 1,000 total National Guardsmen, state police & MTA police to patrol them.

Liberal policies have consequences.

750 members of the National Guard and 250 state troopers will now be checking bags at subway entrances.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1765419280265576601

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What are the NG supposed to do, will they be armed and posted at least two or three together for safety, will they be sworn in as peace officers? If not what good are they really unless Hochul declares martial law, accept as targets for criminals?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

What are the NG supposed to do, will they be armed and posted at least two or three together for safety, will they be sworn in as peace officers? If not what good are they really unless Hochul declares martial law, accept as targets for criminals?
Exactly.
Will they have the power to handcuff/arrest anyone? What is their authority? What are they intended to do? They are just being setup by Hochul to be sued personally and possibly face criminal charges if they actually do anything to anybody.

The criminals know this. They will intentionally provoke some incident specifically to goad the NG into doing something/anything to them. The second the NG troops engage a civilian, a dozen NY so call 'civil rights lawyers' will be right there with lawsuits.

I would bet the lawsuits are already written and the future 'victims' are being coached and trained now as to exactly what to do and how to do it. And everything will be videoed by some 'random guy' who just happened to be passing by.

Like you said, without martial law and a specified purview the soldiers are nothing but targets.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Gov. Hochul to deploy 1,000 National Guardsmen, state cops to carry out bag checks in NYC subways"

Pray tell, what do "bag checks" have to do with the shootings and mayhem in the subway system...?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Gov. Hochul to deploy 1,000 National Guardsmen, state cops to carry out bag checks in NYC subways"

Pray tell, what do "bag checks" have to do with the shootings and mayhem in the subway system...?

Never mind the Subways, the violent crimes taking place on the surface and in broad daylight are enough to drive people away from NYC.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

The people of New York, and New York City in particular, could maybe try voting a little differently going forward

Just a thought
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Both Hochul and Adams campaigned against doing this very thing.  But now that they're doing it, they should at least give credit to the one whose idea it was - Lee Zeldin.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline American Girl

Offline mountaineer

The NYC Subway system now looks like a TSA security checkpoint after the National Guard was deployed due to violent crime.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1765521352843464792