Author Topic: We’ve Reached The Tipping With Trump I & I Editorial Board  (Read 242 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We’ve Reached The Tipping With Trump I & I Editorial Board
« on: February 23, 2024, 03:18:28 pm »
We’ve Reached The Tipping With Trump
I & I Editorial Board
February 23, 2024

Was the $355 million fine against Donald Trump, for a “crime” that even the judge issuing the ruling admitted hurt no one, a bridge too far?

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul seems to think so, which is why she rushed out to say that other people doing business in New York have nothing to fear: “Law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are businesspeople have nothing to worry about because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior.”

What she should have said is: “if they are different from Donald Trump and his political views.”

Because nothing about this case, or the multitude of other unprecedented legal attacks against the former president — the attempts to kick him off ballots, the two bogus impeachments, the Russia hoax, the endless stream of media mis-reporting — has anything even remotely to do with “upholding the law” or “protecting Democracy.”

These attacks are all a message to anyone who would dare to run as a conservative. Do so, and we will stop at nothing to destroy you.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2024/02/23/weve-reached-the-tipping-with-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: We’ve Reached The Tipping With Trump I & I Editorial Board
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 04:11:42 pm »
Trump is not a selfless martyr making self-sacrifices to help others.

Trump is an abrasive, brash, brazen thief and fraud.  It is a sign of our times that such man could be elected President of the United States.

Trump is not the problem; he is a symptom of the system's failure to function for the benefit of all the American people.

Trump is the manifestation of the current state of America - Everyone is not equal; some are less equal than others.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: We’ve Reached The Tipping With Trump I & I Editorial Board
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 09:34:35 pm »
The reality of this case is that real estate values, whether for tax purposes, or if used as loan collateral, will be independently investigated and set by the taxing authority, or by the bank in the course of due diligence.

No matter what Trump said, the values used in the end are set independently of Trump.

The financial institutions made the loans, they were repaid.

Where is the fraud in that?

I could run around claiming to be a millionaire all day.
As long as that does not cost anyone else money, nor result in direct personal gain, how is that claim "fraud".
If I honor my obligations, financially and otherwise, as I have agreed, where is the crime?

As defined:  Fraud: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis