Author Topic: NYT Has Bad News for Biden's Economic Claims  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYT Has Bad News for Biden's Economic Claims
« on: February 23, 2024, 08:51:21 pm »
NYT Has Bad News for Biden's Economic Claims

Spencer Brown
February 23, 2024 11:00 AM

It's nothing new that President Joe Biden manufactures reality to fit his needs, often spinning false yarns in speeches and issuing blanket denials to avoid accountability. What is new, or at least newer, is who is willing to call Biden out and check his claims against the real world in which crises are raging and Americans are struggling due to his policies.

Among Biden's favorite whopper topics is the economy. "Build Back Better" was a major focus of his 2020 basement campaign, a promise to build the country back from COVID to an even better version of itself. The president notably failed in that attempt, but rather than admitting his policies had failed to recoup pandemic losses, he simply rebranded ahead of his 2024 re-election bid. Now, his policies related to the economy are known as "Bidenomics," though his administration has already started to shy away from using the term as it too has languished up against the reality facing Americans.

It turns out that insisting Americans are doing fine when most say they're anything but, economically, doesn't work. That hasn't stopped Biden's disingenuous, misleading, and outright false statements about the economy, but now the New York Times — in a piece this week — called out Biden for his nonsense about the economy, jobs, and taxes.

"Misleading," is what the Gray Lady called Biden's claim that the "average tax rate" for American billionaires is "8.2 percent."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2024/02/23/bidens-economic-claims-destroyed-bythe-new-york-times-n2635617
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson