Author Topic: WaPo Columnist Says Quiet Part Out Loud: Democrats’ Campaign Strategy Is Jailing Trump  (Read 641 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WaPo Columnist Admits Democrats' 2024 Strategy Is Jailing Trump
M.D. Kittle

Trump-hating Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus isn’t happy. She wants a swifter witch hunt.

In a column headlined, “Slowpoke federal appeals court puts 2024 election in jeopardy,” Marcus laments what she considers to be the slow pace of justice in the federal case alleging that former President Trump plotted to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

Trump has argued he is entitled to absolute immunity from criminal prosecutions involving actions he took as president. It’s an “audacious” defense, Marcus snarls. But the columnist insists it’s “bordering on unconscionable” that a federal appeals panel has yet to render a decision on Trump’s claim. It’s been nearly a month, after all.

Why, it only took 18 days past oral arguments for another panel of the D.C. Circuit to “largely reject” the former president’s challenge to the First Amendment-bludgeoning gag order against him, Marcus whines.

What does it take to get a decent star chamber in D.C. these days?! Marcus seems to blame a dearth of Biden appointees on the appeals court panel.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2024/02/06/wapo-columnist-says-quiet-part-out-loud-democrats-campaign-strategy-is-jailing-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Let me be clear ... someone else is not going to conveniently take care of the Trump Problem for us.

The US Senate failed to convict him when he was impeached after January 6th.  The Congressional GOP thought law enforcement would do the heavy lifting and their dirty work.

The US DOJ was slow to indict because it was afraid of the political and historical blowback for indicitng a former President.

Trump will slither his way through a slow, unrepsonsive, unaccountable Federal judicial system to buy him time to get elected.

Federal civilian and judicial institutions are unwilling or incapable of taking the Trump problem head-on.

It has been the states that are doing the most to hold Trump to account for his post-election activities in 2020 and 2021.

It has been my belief that the United States would eventually slide into military rule because America's civil institutions are incapable of functioning.

I will vote for Haley in the GOP Primary because she is not Trump.

If the GOP nominee is Trump, I will vote for Biden because he is not Trump.

I will not vote for a 3rd Party candidate because that could help Trump.

My vote is the only power I personally have to obstruct a 2nd Donald Trump term.

Trump is not a fiscal conservative.  Trump is not a Constitutional conservative.  Trump is not a smaller/less Government conservative.  Trump is not an Adam Smith competitive, fair, and free market capitalist conservative.

The only thing Trump wants to conserve is himself, his own wealth, and his own power.  He chose to run as a Republican in 2016 because he knew he would lose to Hillary in the primaries if he ran as a Dem.  The Dems had put the fix in for Hillary in 2016.

In 2015/2016, Trump saw the RNC and the GOP as weak patsies for his taking, and he will continue to take more until he has it all.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 05:26:50 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

Let me be clear ... someone else is not going to conveniently take care of the Trump Problem for us.

The US Senate failed to convict him when he was impeached after January 6th.  The Congressional GOP thought law enforcement would do the heavy lifting and their dirty work.

The US DOJ was slow to indict because it was afraid of the political and historical blowback for indicitng a former President.

Trump will slither his way through a slow, unrepsonsive, unaccountable Federal judicial system to buy him time to get elected.

Federal civilian and judicial institutions are unwilling or incapable of taking the Trump problem head-on.

It has been the states that are doing the most to hold Trump to account for his post-election activities in 2020 and 2021.

It has been my belief that the United States would eventually slide into military rule because America's civil institutions are incapable of functioning.

My vote is the only power I personally have to obstruct a 2nd Donald Trump term.

Trump is not a fiscal conservative.  Trump is not a Constitutional conservative.  Trump is not a smaller/less Government conservative.  Trump is not an Adam Smith competitive, fair, and free market capitalist conservative.

The only thing Trump wants to conserve is himself, his own wealth, and his own power.  He chose to run as a Republican in 2016 because he knew he would lose to Hillary in the primaries if he ran as a Dem.  The Dems had put the fix in for Hillary in 2016.

In 2015/2016, Trump saw the RNC and the GOP as weak patsies for his taking, and he will continue to take more until he has it all.

Nope...no way in he**.

Offline libertybele

Do Trump supporters see the writing on the wall yet?  Haley is going to be the nominee.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Your vote is your business, but… Biden?

Many of us are going to just leave that presidential part on the ballot unchecked.

I cannot cast a ballot for Donald Trump but I sure as hell can’t cast the ballot for Biden either
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I get it. I think the aftermath of another Trump presidency would be substantially worse than the aftermath of another Biden Presidency.

But there's no way I personally could ever vote for anyone representing the current Democratic Party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Was this supposed to have been some sort of secret?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO snorts:
"I will vote for Haley in the GOP Primary because she is not Trump"

Seems to me that you (by your own admission in a post some time back) voted for obama, not once, but TWICE.

I thought you were learnin' something by being in this forum...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 11:40:48 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DefiantMassRINO

You are a world-class fool.

Your mama should go to prison for giving birth  to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Do Trump supporters see the writing on the wall yet?  Haley is going to be the nominee.

@libertybele

I know.

Isn't it obvious from all the negative attention the left is throwing  at her,along with legal charges?

</SARCASM ALERT!>

Offline LMAO

I get it. I think the aftermath of another Trump presidency would be substantially worse than the aftermath of another Biden Presidency.

But there's no way I personally could ever vote for anyone representing the current Democratic Party.

The only Democrat that I consistently voted for was Jim Oberstar when I lived in Northeast Minnesota

Oberstar would be run out of the Democrat Party today.

Voting for Republicans in downticket races maybe more important than ever this election cycle. I can withhold a vote from Donald Trump. But I can’t cast one for Biden in place.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 12:13:39 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

I think Donald Trump in jail would be icing on the cake for the Democrats

Right now the tactic is to financially drain him, and the Republican Party in general. And it’s working.

Barry Goldwater