Author Topic: Senate releases long-awaited border legislation, major asylum changes  (Read 4901 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate releases long-awaited border legislation, major asylum changes
The text of the much-anticipated border bill cracks down on parole and asylum
 By Jamie Joseph , Bradford Betz Fox News
Published February 4, 2024 6:47pm EST

Senate negotiators on Sunday released the text of the much-anticipated border deal that lawmakers have been hashing out with White House officials since December, incorporating significant reforms, including a crackdown on asylum and parole.

read it here
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-releases-long-awaited-border-legislation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Senate releases long-awaited border legislation, major asylum changes
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 12:12:56 am »

Senate unveils $118B, bipartisan border bill includes money for Ukraine, Israel

The $118 billion package includes provisions to reduce record-high crossings

By Joseph Weber

Published: February 4, 2024 6:57pm

Updated: February 4, 2024 7:11pm

The Senate on Sunday night released the text of its long-awaited border security bill.

The $118 billion package includes provisions to reduce record-high crossings at the southern U.S. border and tightening the country's asylum system, according to NBC News.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer would like to votes on the package this week.

But as of Sunday evening, its fate in the Democrat-controlled upper chamber was unclear.

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson lament this weekend about members of his chamber not being involved in the drafting of the bill and express no desire to bring it to a swift vote.

The southern border has been overwhelmed by migrants, particularly from Central America, fleeing their homes to seek refuge.

The bill also include a requaalso includes critical aid to Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan, which Republicans have said they’ll only support if paired with significant new U.S. immigration restrictions.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/senate-unveils-118b-bipartisan-bill-aims-reduce-record-crossings-tighten-asylum?utm_source=mux&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tw
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 12:16:13 am »
Elise Stefanik
@EliseStefanik
This Joe Biden/Chuck Schumer Open Border Bill is an absolute non-starter and will further incentivize thousands of illegals to pour in across our borders daily.

House Republicans have already passed HR2 - the Secure Our Border Act, which would actually secure the border and return to the effective Trump policies with the most secure border in our nation’s history.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 12:19:12 am »
NO!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 01:06:48 am »
The cost of a border wall was estimated to fall in the range of $15-$70 billion in 2017.  Monitoring the wall for damage or tunnels would have been quite a bit cheaper than whatever we are spending on the migrant crisis.

WHY does border security have to be negotiated?  The democrats really must have a death wish if they continue along this path in an election year.  And to hold border funding hostage to another ridiculous foreign aid package only validates the worst suspicions people had about neocons.  This is utterly tone-deaf and something that only could have been concocted by The Swamp bubble.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 01:15:12 am by cato potatoe »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 01:22:33 am »
Better than nothing
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 01:32:54 am »
Marsha Blackburn Rails Against Establishment ‘Border’ Bill: I Will Never Vote to ‘Make Illegal Immigration Legal’

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) on Sunday railed against the Senate “border” bill, saying that she would never vote to “make illegal immigration legal.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/04/marsha-blackburn-rails-against-establishment-border-bill-never-vote-make-illegal-immigration-legal/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2024, 01:42:41 am »
Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO
·
3m
Talk about screwing working people: this border “deal” allows illegals to get IMMEDIATE work visas. Immediate. Wages will fall like a lead balloon
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2024, 01:43:01 am »
Senate Republicans
Tommy Tuberville
@TTuberville
I can't believe this is the "border security bill" that's been "negotiated".

This bill DESTROYS American sovereignty. It will weaken immigration laws for decades and handcuff the next President that actually wants to secure our borders and defend our country. This bill has been crafted to solidify the invasion of illegals into the United States of America.

I'm an immovable NO.
Support the USO

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2024, 01:43:51 am »
A big resounding NO!!!!  Ukraine got a boat load of money -- additional billions, border security got a piddly amount in case of emergency (hello -- what do they call an emergency?) and ILLEGALS got more to make sure they are all nice and comfy cozy.

The GOP/conservatives lost on this.  We in essence just put the final nail in the coffin of our Republic.

The DEMS will retain their stranglehold, spend us into oblivion, line their pockets and will continue the destruction of our country.

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

I'm old enough to remember when conservatives would love to aid a country to make Russia spend their blood and treasure. It's nor perfect but it is the best we can do right now.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2024, 01:45:33 am »
Steve Scalise
@SteveScalise
·
1m
Let me be clear: The Senate Border Bill will NOT receive a vote in the House.

Here’s what the people pushing this “deal” aren’t telling you: It accepts 5,000 illegal immigrants a day and gives automatic work permits to asylum recipients—a magnet for more illegal immigration.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2024, 02:33:27 am »
Better than nothing

No! It most certainly is not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2024, 03:02:43 am »
Steve Scalise
@SteveScalise
·
1m
Let me be clear: The Senate Border Bill will NOT receive a vote in the House.

Here’s what the people pushing this “deal” aren’t telling you: It accepts 5,000 illegal immigrants a day and gives automatic work permits to asylum recipients—a magnet for more illegal immigration.

GOOD. That is not compromise. That is capitulation.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2024, 03:08:01 am »
GOOD. That is not compromise. That is capitulation.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2024, 03:16:31 am »
Whatever is in the bill, there is one thing we can all be sure of.

There is going to be some plan or program to get these illegals voting as soon as possible. This is the most important goal of the Democrats, above working or safety or integration or citizenship or anything else. It is all about getting them voting. That is the main and only goal.

Hillary/Biden/Obama said it best: 'If you won't vote for me, I'll find someone who will.' And why wouldn't the illegals vote Democrat? They don't give a shit about America. Whatever is most profitable to them in the near term - short term, wins.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 03:18:45 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2024, 04:09:47 am »
Elise Stefanik
@EliseStefanik
This Joe Biden/Chuck Schumer Open Border Bill is an absolute non-starter and will further incentivize thousands of illegals to pour in across our borders daily.

House Republicans have already passed HR2 - the Secure Our Border Act, which would actually secure the border and return to the effective Trump policies with the most secure border in our nation’s history.

@mystery-ak

You're gonna get flammed for  THAT one!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2024, 04:12:58 am »

I'm old enough to remember when conservatives would love to aid a country to make Russia spend their blood and treasure. It's nor perfect but it is the best we can do right now.

@kevindavis007

These days,it's all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2024, 05:14:29 am »
Senate unveils $118B, bipartisan border bill includes money for Ukraine, Israel

The $118 billion package includes provisions to reduce record-high crossings

By Joseph Weber

Published: February 4, 2024 6:57pm

Updated: February 4, 2024 7:11pm

The Senate on Sunday night released the text of its long-awaited border security bill.

The $118 billion package includes provisions to reduce record-high crossings at the southern U.S. border and tightening the country's asylum system, according to NBC News.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer would like to votes on the package this week.

But as of Sunday evening, its fate in the Democrat-controlled upper chamber was unclear.

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson lament this weekend about members of his chamber not being involved in the drafting of the bill and express no desire to bring it to a swift vote.

The southern border has been overwhelmed by migrants, particularly from Central America, fleeing their homes to seek refuge.

The bill also include a requaalso includes critical aid to Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan, which Republicans have said they’ll only support if paired with significant new U.S. immigration restrictions.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/senate-unveils-118b-bipartisan-bill-aims-reduce-record-crossings-tighten-asylum?utm_source=mux&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tw
The bill also include a requaalso includes
  Say what???

No one proofreads jack any more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2024, 11:40:47 am »
‘Internet Rumors’ Proven True: Border Bill to Allow 8,500 Migrants per Day
 EY JAYE4 Feb 2024333
2:06
Sometimes you can believe what you read on the internet.

The authors of the border bill repeatedly assured Americans that their bill would not permit 5,000 migrants or more per day, attributing those claims as “internet rumors” and “absolutely absurd.”

“Right now, there’s Internet rumors,” Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) told Fox News Sunday on January 28 when speaking about the claim. “It’s all that people are running.”

“It would be absolutely absurd for me to agree to 5,000 people a day,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/04/internet-rumors-proven-true-border-bill-allow-8500-migrants-day/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline American Girl

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2024, 01:35:51 pm »
Another big loophole that the open border advocates will use.

Then there are the sunset provisions

Name one major "temporary" government program that ended on its own when originally planned.

This bill will become the law of the land if it is approved

https://www.rightjournalism.com/the-border-security-deal-is-utter-trash-but-theres-one-provision-that-is-just-infuriating/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2024, 01:43:22 pm »
Rep. Dan Bishop
@RepDanBishop
One might think a "border security bill" would fully close the border to illegal immigration before even THINKING about adding more visas and locking them in until 2029.

Alas - the bill, quite obviously, isn't about securing the border at all.

https://twitter.com/RepDanBishop/status/1754320146225672469
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2024, 02:17:05 pm »
Speaker Johnson Pledges ‘Worse Than Expected’ Senate Border Bill ‘Dead on Arrival’ in House

Just hours after Senate negotiators unveiled their pro-migration border bill, Speaker Mike Johnson pledged the bill would never move through the House.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/04/speaker-johnson-pledges-worse-than-expected-senate-border-bill-dead-on-arrival/
Support the USO