Author Topic: Choose your future: Trump or Obama?  (Read 7512 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Choose your future: Trump or Obama?
« on: February 02, 2024, 03:59:45 pm »
February 2, 2024
Choose your future: Trump or Obama?
By Ned Cosby

Will it be former president Trump versus President Biden in 2024? Or will it be former First Lady Michelle Obama versus former President Trump? These questions and the instability of our times make for much handwringing and prayer here in the early days of 2024.

If you take a deep breath and break this down, it gets simpler. The election of 2024 sets Trump’s “Make America Great Again” against Obama’s “Transform America” mantra. If you want it down to bare bones, the election of 2024 pits Obama against Trump.

Some of you might doubt me, citing the fact that Obama has already served eight years as POTUS and that the Constitution forbids him from a Putin-like endless rule. I might be tempted ask you what other former President moved less than two miles from the White House to continue forcibly engraving his ego on American politics?

Obama, like Putin, does not want to leave the stage. He is willing, however, to let surrogates or the “right people” do his bidding as long as he retains control.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/02/choose_your_future_trump_or_obama.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Choose your future: Trump or Obama?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 04:49:10 am »
Neither.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 06:53:34 am »
Listen to the fear in this article.
Not enough to make it a Tumpy v. Buydem choice...

Me, there is no choice. Same damn thing.
I will vote down-ticket and eschew the top altogether.
My gov will get my vote.
Dunno yet if I will give Gaines the nod again. Probably not.
Yes to Rosendale, if I have a shot.

And nothing on the top of the ticket.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 02:31:47 pm »
Not voting is voting whether you realize it or not.

To refuse to vote for the "lesser of two evils" puts one in the position of  support for the greater of the same two evils by the simple act of not standing in the way of the greater evil’s eventually triumph.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 02:34:30 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 02:46:58 pm »
Neither.

Same here.  Both are destructive one will just destroy this Republic at a slower pace.  SCOTUS is supposed to hear the ruling for Trump to be on the ballot -- that should prove interesting and we're still waiting to see the results of the 91 felony charges.

O'bama has been running the country, his transformation is nearing completion.  Somehow Trump is supposed to come in and save the day?   *****rollingeyes*****

What has the GOP been doing these past several years?  Not a darn thing to ensure election integrity, nothing to back a true conservative's chances of winning ... oh they kept Ronna in charge, that ought to help *****rollingeyes*****

What's going on in this country absolutely sickens me. I'm not about to vote for Trump again and expect different results. I will vote down ballot for conservatives.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 03:25:45 pm »
Listen to the fear in this article.
Not enough to make it a Tumpy v. Buydem choice...

Me, there is no choice. Same damn thing.
I will vote down-ticket and eschew the top altogether.
My gov will get my vote.
Dunno yet if I will give Gaines the nod again. Probably not.
Yes to Rosendale, if I have a shot.

And nothing on the top of the ticket.

@roamer_1

Then I am going to get ALL UP in your Biden every single time you start to whine about the Dim President destroying America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2024, 03:29:11 pm »
Same here.  Both are destructive one will just destroy this Republic at a slower pace.  SCOTUS is supposed to hear the ruling for Trump to be on the ballot -- that should prove interesting and we're still waiting to see the results of the 91 felony charges.

O'bama has been running the country, his transformation is nearing completion.  Somehow Trump is supposed to come in and save the day?   *****rollingeyes*****

What has the GOP been doing these past several years?  Not a darn thing to ensure election integrity, nothing to back a true conservative's chances of winning ... oh they kept Ronna in charge, that ought to help *****rollingeyes*****

What's going on in this country absolutely sickens me. I'm not about to vote for Trump again and expect different results. I will vote down ballot for conservatives.

@libertybele

Gonna be all UP IN YOUR FACE too,every time you start to whine about the Dim President YOU HELPED ELECT.

In-actions have consequences,just like actions,Bubbette! Grow the bleep UP!

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2024, 03:52:18 pm »
@roamer_1

Then I am going to get ALL UP in your Biden every single time you start to whine about the Dim President destroying America.

Great

And we’ll get all up in your Biden for all the Democrats that Trump supported and Donated to

How’s that work for you?

And you don’t have the right to get up into anybody’s anything

Just like your choice of not voting for DeSantis if he was the nominee was your choice, people choosing not to vote for Donald Trump is their choice also
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 04:02:29 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2024, 04:29:29 pm »
Great

And we’ll get all up in your Biden for all the Democrats that Trump supported and Donated to

How’s that work for you?

That's awful white of you. Going to go all the way  back to the 40's?

And you don’t have the right to get up into anybody’s anything

And here I wuz,thinking ah was an American!

Just like your choice of not voting for DeSantis if he was the nominee was your choice, people choosing not to vote for Donald Trump is their choice also

Why would ANY sane and responsible person vote for a back-stabbing little bitch?

BTW,don't bother to answer that one. I already know the answer. It's because he is not rude,not orange,and not uber rich.

Online LMAO

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2024, 04:37:00 pm »
And here I wuz,thinking ah was an American!

Why would ANY sane and responsible person vote for a back-stabbing little bitch?

BTW,don't bother to answer that one. I already know the answer. It's because he is not rude,not orange,and not uber rich.

Made my point….again :laugh:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2024, 04:54:29 pm »
LOLOL....uh...no.  My conscience will not allow me to vote for the lesser of 2 evils as they are both evil.  That's like saying vote for which one of these...Stalin or Lenin...you choose.

I’ve always hated the argument that “if you don’t vote for candidate X, that means you’re voting for candidate Y”

Nobody is entitled to a vote. I voted in 2016. I voted for former Republican governor Gary Johnson.

And I’m gonna be voting for president in 2024. But it will be a write in. But I will  vote for Republicans down ticket.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 04:55:19 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2024, 05:40:53 pm »
To refuse to vote for the "lesser of two evils" puts one in the position of support for the greater of the same two evils by the simple act of not standing in the way of the greater evil’s eventually triumph.

So voting for evil somehow is voting for good...

That's really twisted logic.

The simple fact is until enough people refuse to vote for the lesser evil the lesser evil will be the only choice offered. They only have to be less evil than the alternative to secure your vote. An ever lowering standard then ensues. Until that fear addiction is broken nothing will change for the better.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2024, 05:49:21 pm »
@libertybele

Gonna be all UP IN YOUR FACE too,every time you start to whine about the Dim President YOU HELPED ELECT.

In-actions have consequences,just like actions,Bubbette! Grow the bleep UP!

@sneakypete you are delusional if you think they are going to allow Trump near the WH again.

The one conservative candidate, with the key word being conservative, who could have definitely steered this country in the right direction, YOU made false accusations about, smeared him, taunted others in here for supporting him. You smeared a conservative unjustly and your Orange man talking points against him were proven time and time again to be invalid.  What does that say about you?? 

So, get out of my face, quit with the lame accusations, your Orange Man talking points and grow up! Realize that this isn't a game of retribution and to prove Orange man was cheated. 

I am NOT going to vote for someone who I feel will NOT be good for this country.  Same situation happened with McCain running against Obama.  I couldn't vote for McCain. He would have put us on the same path as Obama only at a slower pace. 

Either we seat a conservative in the WH in '24 or we will continue to see the demise of our country. Unfortunately Trump supporters can't seem to get their heads out of the sand and realize what is truly going on, nor can the see the writing on the wall. They blew the only chance we had a seating a conservative -- so IF any Trump supporters whine about the DEMS winning this election -- should I get all up in your face???
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 05:51:45 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2024, 06:20:44 pm »
I wondered when the not voting for Trump was the same as voting for Hillary Biden line was going to be trotted out again.  :pondering: What if a whole bunch of people say they will vote the way you want them to but never pull the lever? How would you know? My gut says that that's what going to happen.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2024, 06:26:10 pm »

The simple fact is until enough people refuse to vote for the lesser evil the lesser evil will be the only choice offered. They only have to be less evil than the alternative to secure your vote. An ever lowering standard then ensues. Until that fear addiction is broken nothing will change for the better.
Here is the way I see their argument for voting for Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYTeTK57sCQ

So just quit your logic and individual thinking and join the cult!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2024, 07:38:18 pm »

To refuse to vote for the "lesser of two evils" puts one in the position of  support for the greater of the same two evils by the simple act of not standing in the way of the greater evil’s eventually triumph.

I'll take Logical Fallacies for $200, Alex.

Choosing the lesser of two evils is choosing evil.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2024, 08:59:44 pm »
Like we get to choose.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2024, 09:05:25 pm »

Bullshit. Asked and answered a thousand times.
If that's what you need to justify voting for spending beyond anything the Democrats do, and more liberty lost than ever in this country, then have at it.

I WILL NOT add my endorsement to that crap.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2024, 09:07:45 pm »
@roamer_1

@sneakypete
Dood. YOUR BOY did more in one year than ANYBODY to destroy America. So don't give me that crap.
Your shit stinks just the same as the democrats.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 09:15:09 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2024, 09:14:20 pm »

Absolutely right!

You get more of what you vote *FOR*
So vote for excellence.

It will take a while. You will suffer some Ls. But when the Right figures out that they can't get elected without Conservative excellence and performance, and LOSE with anything else, the continuum will be broken, and the level of candidates WILL increase.

Kicking the can just gets you more kicking the can.
Don't stand for it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2024, 09:17:52 pm »

-- so IF any Trump supporters whine about the DEMS winning this election -- should I get all up in your face???

They won't. They'll claim they were cheated, guaranteed.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2024, 09:21:55 pm »
I wondered when the not voting for Trump was the same as voting for Hillary Biden line was going to be trotted out again.  :pondering: What if a whole bunch of people say they will vote the way you want them to but never pull the lever? How would you know? My gut says that that's what going to happen.

Well, I'm not voting for Biteme, so I guess that's voting for Tumpy.
But then I'm not voting for Tumpy, so I guess I am voting for Biteme.

All at the same time, since I ain't voting for either one.  :laugh:

A logical monkey-knot that is obviously false and waived off with a chuckle...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2024, 09:40:38 pm »
Absolutely right!

You get more of what you vote *FOR*
So vote for excellence.

It will take a while. You will suffer some Ls. But when the Right figures out that they can't get elected without Conservative excellence and performance, and LOSE with anything else, the continuum will be broken, and the level of candidates WILL increase.

Kicking the can just gets you more kicking the can.
Don't stand for it.
These days, they can't get elected WITH conservatives either. Face it. We're 10% of the population at best. We're insignificant, powerless, disenfranchised while 90% of the country borrows and spends its way into national collapse for their own personal benefit.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2024, 09:44:31 pm »
These days, they can't get elected WITH conservatives either. Face it. We're 10% of the population at best. We're insignificant, powerless, disenfranchised while 90% of the country borrows and spends its way into national collapse for their own personal benefit.

I don't think that's true. Seems like you need a Limbaugh-esque 'See, I told you so' moment.

BY FAR, the lion's share of this country are working middle class and working poor.
What they know to be true natively transfers to conservatism.
All you have to do is speak it, and they will come arunnin.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2024, 10:00:52 pm »
@sneakypete
you are delusional if you think they are going to allow Trump near the WH again.

@libertybele

I have never once said the left and their accomplices/business partners on the alleged "Right" would ever "allow" it.

Hell,just look at all the bogus criminal charges that Dim prosecutors are charging him with. Must be right  at 100 of them by now.

The one conservative candidate, with the key word being conservative, who could have definitely steered this country in the right direction, YOU made false accusations about, smeared him, taunted others in here for supporting him. You smeared a conservative unjustly and your Orange man talking points against him were proven time and time again to be invalid.  What does that say about you?? 

It says that *I* am not the one that is delusional.

How much effort did the left put into destroying his campaign because  they were afraid of him?

The  answer is,"None at all."

So, get out of my face, quit with the lame accusations, your Orange Man talking points and grow up! Realize that this isn't a game of retribution and to prove Orange man was cheated. 

YOU are the one that needs to wake up. You hero worship a backstabbing opportunist,and join with  the DNC in your contempt of  the  ONLY  candidate this cycle that can  NOT be bribed or threatened to betray his oath of office.

I am NOT going to vote for someone who I feel will NOT be good for this country.  Same situation happened with McCain running against Obama.  I couldn't vote for McCain. He would have put us on the same path as Obama only at a slower pace. 

Well,ya kinda got me,there. DeSantimonious seems to be good for Florida,but definitely not ready for Prime Time. Hell,his approval ratings were less than 5 percent before he  recognized the obvious.

Either we seat a conservative in the WH in '24 or we will continue to see the demise of our country.

Ok,you don't believe that  Rude Orange  Man  is a conservative,so why not name the conservative candidate that is in this  race?

Unfortunately Trump supporters can't seem to get their heads out of the sand and realize what is truly going on, nor can the see the writing on the wall. They blew the only chance we had a seating a conservative -- so IF any Trump supporters whine about the DEMS winning this election -- should I get all up in your face???

Once again,just come right out and tell us the name of the candidate you think is  going to be elected as the next President,if NOT Trump?