Author Topic: Choose your future: Trump or Obama?  (Read 7509 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Choose your future: Trump or Obama?
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2024, 11:55:42 pm »
Yeah... You're not helping with that.

@roamer_1

Denial is NOT a river in Egypt.

If you don't make an honest effort to make necessary changes,you are a part of the problem,not a part of the solution.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2024, 12:00:54 am »
@LMAO

Yeah,WTH,it's only the survival of America as a free and independent  nation that  it at stake.

It's not like it's about something important,right?

Do you realize that the left also makes a similar argument as a reason to vote against Trump? wink777
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2024, 12:10:11 am »
@roamer_1

Denial is NOT a river in Egypt.

There ain't no denial in it. I have stated my case, over and again, and virtually no one has risen against it. Not with any real argument.

If you don't make an honest effort to make necessary changes,you are a part of the problem,not a part of the solution.

That's right @sneakypete . But that's not what you're doing. Your 'changes' are not changes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2024, 12:27:18 am »
There ain't no denial in it. I have stated my case, over and again, and virtually no one has risen against it. Not with any real argument.

8bs8

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2024, 12:28:23 am »
Do you realize that the left also makes a similar argument as a reason to vote against Trump? wink777

@LMAO

And THAT somehow makes my post a lie?????

If ANYTHING,it reinforces the truth of my  statement.

In MOST election in my lifetime,the national elections were honest elections,and even if the winning strategy and candidate was not to your liking,you could always take comfort in the fact that "those evil bastards will be exposed for what they are,and MY guy is gonna win next time."

The upcoming election is not going to HAVE a "next time" unless Trump is elected,and he gets VERY  lucky and manages to gain a majority on congress.

This is NOT going to happen if the "MY way or the Highway!" losers stay home and do their little "superiority dances on their porches.

You either take part in the system,or the system will take your parts.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2024, 12:29:46 am »

That's right @sneakypete . But that's not what you're doing. Your 'changes' are not changes.

@roamer_1

None are so blind......,look into a mirror  as you  read this,...as those who will not see."

Online LMAO

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2024, 12:29:59 am »
@LMAO

And THAT somehow makes my post a lie?????

If ANYTHING,it reinforces the truth of my  statement.

In MOST election in my lifetime,the national elections were honest elections,and even if the winning strategy and candidate was not to your liking,you could always take comfort in the fact that "those evil bastards will be exposed for what they are,and MY guy is gonna win next time."

The upcoming election is not going to HAVE a "next time" unless Trump is elected,and he gets VERY  lucky and manages to gain a majority on congress.

This is NOT going to happen if the "MY way or the Highway!" losers stay home and do their little "superiority dances on their porches.

You either take part in the system,or the system will take your parts.

Your reply has nothing to do with the point I was making. Nothing. Zip. Nada
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2024, 12:33:51 am »
I'm making a choice not to vote for someone who is destructive to the country.

And in this case it is both candidates.
:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2024, 12:34:15 am »
Your reply has nothing to do with the point I was making. Nothing. Zip. Nada

@LMAO

None are so  blind......

But you  just go ahead  and remain at home doing your little "superiority dance" in your living room,if that's what pleases you.

You might even want to try holding your breath until your face turns blue,for all the positive effect your brain farts will create.

Yup,"Do-in nuttin!" sure is the same thing as going for positive  change.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2024, 02:23:51 am »
8bs8

I will HAPPILY engage you right now! Let er rip.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2024, 02:26:51 am »
@roamer_1

None are so blind......,look into a mirror  as you  read this,...as those who will not see."

I see just fine @sneakypete
Here I stand, right upon the Principles of Conservatism, which we all purport to believe in.

If you ain't standing here with me, well that seems to be your problem, not mine.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2024, 02:30:20 am »
I will HAPPILY engage you right now! Let er rip.

There is no sense in us repeating an argument we've already had several times, the fact of which proves your above statement to be a flat out lie.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 02:37:15 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2024, 02:37:32 am »
Please don't call him a liar.  He's one of the most upstanding members we have here.  happy77

...virtually no one has risen against it. Not with any real argument.

THAT, my friend, is a lie! We agree on most things but this is a very strong exception. Always has been and always will be.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 02:39:30 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2024, 02:51:15 am »
There is no sense in us repeating an argument we've already had several times, the fact of which proves your above statement to be a flat out lie.

Not a lie at all. You and I have gone around and again on several issues. Never on the color of Conservatism.
You have also never elaborated (as I recall) on why I should vote for what I do not want.

You have also never successfully argued why I should vote for one who did such great damage to Conservatism, namely to fiscal conservatism and to libertarianism... Surely, to be kind, more damage than any other Republican I can recall.

You've kept up the pot shots on the whole idea that not voting for thee Republican is voting for the Democrat, even though that was proved over and again to be a fallacy.  So that's your problem. It's already proven wrong.

I will not vote to expand big government from the right. That means no moderates, no liberals, and no Tumpy.
I will not vote against fellow conservatives.
As a Reaganite, you throw any conservative under the bus, you do the very same to me. Because that is how Conservatism dies.

Go ahead. Change my mind.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2024, 02:55:11 am »
THAT, my friend, is a lie! We agree on most things but this is a very strong exception. Always has been and always will be.

Pardon, but no, it ain't. We might be talking past each other, but I am not intentionally lying, especially not to you.

I do not remember ANY critical defense of Tumpy on your part. So refresh me. Bring it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2024, 02:55:47 am »
Please don't call him a liar. He's one of the most upstanding members we have here.  happy77

@Jack Russell

@Bigun

I agree. He obviously believes that what he thinks,or  wants to think,is correct.

He is just delusional when it comes to reality.

The world needs dreamers,but not so much during election years.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2024, 02:58:32 am »
@Jack Russell

@Bigun

I agree. He obviously believes that what he thinks,or  wants to think,is correct.

He is just delusional when it comes to reality.

The world needs dreamers,but not so much during election years.

HAHAHA The slap of a backhanded compliment.

I am still standing right here on Conservatism.
To do otherwise would be delusion.

Where are you?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2024, 03:02:22 am »
Pardon, but no, it ain't. We might be talking past each other, but I am not intentionally lying, especially not to you.

I do not remember ANY critical defense of Tumpy on your part. So refresh me. Bring it.

Perhaps we are talking past each other. I've been talking about obstructing Democrats by any means at hand. Not Trump.  @roamer_1

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2024, 03:03:02 am »
HAHAHA The slap of a backhanded compliment.

I am still standing right here on Conservatism.
To do otherwise would be delusion.

Where are you?

I live in a place named "reality".

You should come visit sometime.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2024, 03:08:15 am »
Perhaps we are talking past each other. I've been talking about obstructing Democrats by any means at hand. Not Trump.  @roamer_1

You are not obstructing anything anymore, with a senate full of RINOs and either a moderate or liberal or liberal in the choices for president.

Voting for ANY of that mess ain't helping anything.

I will vote for Gianforte, our governor. He's made his bones.
I will vote for Rosendale in the house. I don't always agree with Freedom Caucus, but that's what fighting looks like.

No one else has my vote, precisely because they will obstruct nothing.

Liberalism isn't winning by merit - It has no merit.
Liberalism is winning because it has no opposition.

I will vote for that opposition every time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2024, 03:10:24 am »

I live in a place named "reality".

You should come visit sometime.

Reality huh... Where voting for what historically works is thrown over for its opposite. That's reality huh?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2024, 03:10:44 am »
You are not obstructing anything anymore, with a senate full of RINOs and either a moderate or liberal or liberal in the choices for president.

Voting for ANY of that mess ain't helping anything.

I will vote for Gianforte, our governor. He's made his bones.
I will vote for Rosendale in the house. I don't always agree with Freedom Caucus, but that's what fighting looks like.

No one else has my vote, precisely because they will obstruct nothing.

Liberalism isn't winning by merit - It has no merit.
Liberalism is winning because it has no opposition.

I will vote for that opposition every time.

I'm quite aware that you hold that opinion and that mine greatly differs. Ain't goin around that bush again.  And for the record, I have NEVER not voted and never will for so long as I'm sucking wind.

I'm Captain Miller sitting on the bridge emptying my .45 at the advancing tank. You aren't.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 03:28:56 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2024, 03:26:47 am »
Reality huh... Where voting for what historically works is thrown over for its opposite. That's reality huh?

@roamer_1

ROFLMAO!

Surrendering without a fight is now  deemed to be a "plan  that works to create positive change"?

What  color  is the sky on your home planet?

Online DB

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2024, 03:38:45 am »
I'm quite aware that you hold that opinion and that mine greatly differs. Ain't goin around that bush again.  And for the record, I have NEVER not voted and never will for so long as I'm sucking wind.

I'm Captain Miller sitting on the bridge emptying my .45 at the advancing tank. You aren't.

And how has that worked for you?

Voting for the lesser evil has only continued further down the evil rabbit hole. Essentially how fast we cede ground is the only measure of success in that world. You can never win if all you do is cede ground. Eventually you run out of ground to cede. To take ground you have to let go of the fear that the lesser evil is the answer. Until enough people do, nothing will change.

I figure I must be on Bigun's ignore list...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2024, 03:44:18 am »
And how has that worked for you?

Voting for the lesser evil has only continued further down the evil rabbit hole. Essentially how fast we cede ground is the only measure of success in that world. You can never win if all you do is cede ground. Eventually you run out of ground to cede. To take ground you have to let go of the fear that the lesser evil is the answer. Until enough people do, nothing will change.

I figure I must be on Bigun's ignore list...

No! You are not on my ignore list @DB I just don't see how quitting, or refusing to vote, is anything but surrender.  I've lived in a time when I have always been swimming upstream politically but swim I will!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 03:46:20 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien