Poll

Duck Duck Goose!

Author Topic: Trump’s VP Pick  (Read 19309 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump’s VP Pick
« Reply #175 on: February 29, 2024, 02:37:06 am »
If Trump wasn't in the way back then, how do you expect him to be in the way now?
I have plainly stated my intentions @Hoodat you do whatever the hell you like but I'm very sure there are more like me than you and Donald John Trump is again going to be president again in 2025. Or there is going to be full blown civil war in this land. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

Lastly, I don't see my voting for Trump is anything more than a vote FOR law and order.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 02:40:19 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #176 on: February 29, 2024, 02:43:55 am »
I have plainly stated my intentions @Hoodat you do whatever the hell you like but I'm very sure there are more like me than you and Donald John Trump is again going to be president again in 2025. Or there is going to be full blown civil war in this land. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

I understand your intent here.  I'm just sick of voting for a Party that demonstrates nothing but contempt for me and flat out refuses to offer me anything that will even remotely address the greatest threat this nation faces today.  If any candidate wants my vote, then they will espouse Conservatism to me.  Not only have neither Biden nor Trump done that, but they have both run up more debt in a four year period than any other President in US history.  And I simply cannot support that. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #177 on: February 29, 2024, 02:59:11 am »

Was he in the way of Fauci and Brix?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #178 on: February 29, 2024, 03:18:32 am »

Well sorta.

They kinda had to stand a little behind him on the stage...  :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #179 on: February 29, 2024, 04:59:50 am »
He barely won it in 2016. By barely it was 47.3% to Hillary's 47%
Yeah, the 'fix' was in for that one, too, they just underestimated Trump's ability to get votes against Hillary.

Recall the shocked looks on the MSM faces when they couldn't count their way out of that one, and notice they fixed the fix for the next time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #180 on: February 29, 2024, 05:03:49 am »
Actually I am praying for a miracle.  Also I continue to pray that the Lord God Jesus Christ stops the evil that keeps prevailing in this country.
:amen:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #181 on: February 29, 2024, 12:16:14 pm »
If you're right, then why wouldn't Trump choose Kari Lake?

Kari used to WORK in the media. Meanwhile, today, she is the MAGAest of all the MAGA types who claim to be MAGA!

Me, I'd prefer Ben Carson.

But again, based off your description, I fail to see how Lake wouldn't be considered waaay above ex-recently-Demoncrat Tulsi.

MAGA ain't gonna trust Tulsi.

Kari Lake's negatives are too high. MAGA will do what MAGA always does when Trump announces anything: they will stand up and cheer, and then claim he was playing 4 dimensional chess the whole time. MAGA is a cult. It does not have any political philosophy except America first and anti-immigration.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #182 on: February 29, 2024, 01:45:30 pm »
Me, I'd prefer Ben Carson.

I very much like Ben Carson, but he's yet another septuagenarian. That's a 'no' for me, Dawg.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #183 on: February 29, 2024, 02:31:11 pm »

Yes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online scottfreitas

« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2024, 01:10:18 am »
I very much like Ben Carson, but he's yet another septuagenarian. That's a 'no' for me, Dawg.
But, WHY?

Ben Carson was one of the world's leading neorosurgeons-- a literal brain surgeon. He is very into physical fitness. If you watch and listen to his RECENT interviews, he speaks fluidly, eloquently, never lost for words or stammering or checking notes. He ran HUD during Trumps' term, turning it around 180 degrees so that it was rated by government watchdogs as being the leanest, meanest most bang-for-the-buck cabinet agency in existence. He is truly CONSERVATIVE (and seriously Christian). Also highly knowledgeable concerning History and the Constitution (Trump's weak points, grrrr).

He was my first pick in 2016, and still would be excellent today.

And then the pragmatic side: Polly, don't you want to watch the Demoncrats try to make people people hate, oppose, a highly-intelligent, accomplished, soft-spoken black man who earned all his success BEFORE affirmative action and DEI?

BONUS: would gladly defer to De Santis in 2028, IF he in any way felt himself too old to handle 8 years of the Presidency. He is not a power-hungry guy. Never has been. Ran for Pres only because Obama had  him so upset.

Who are you rooting for as VP, then? I'm MAGA, but also love De Santis (he has proven his sincerity as an American-firster endlessly). Yet De Santis seems to have decided NOT to be VP, at this point.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 01:16:02 am by scottfreitas »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2024, 04:01:49 am »
But, WHY?

Ben Carson was one of the world's leading neorosurgeons-- a literal brain surgeon. He is very into physical fitness. If you watch and listen to his RECENT interviews, he speaks fluidly, eloquently, never lost for words or stammering or checking notes.

I don't want a neurosurgeon.  I want someone who knows how to balance a checkbook.  Someone like Dave Ramsey.  Or some guy who runs a check-cashing store in the hood.  I want someone who refuses to spend money beyond the amount in taxes collected.  Someone to tell the Fed to stick it where the sun don't shine.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online scottfreitas

« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2024, 07:28:24 am »
I don't want a neurosurgeon.  I want someone who knows how to balance a checkbook.
Excuse me?

Ben Carson ran one of our largest federal cabinet agencies and turned it totally around--from a wasteful, inefficient leftist-ran money sink into an effective, lean  agency wherein over 40% more of every dollar spent by HUD was used for its intended and stated purposes, rather than wasted on salaries, pensions, new furniture, new computers, etc

And he only ran for President because Obama pissed him off so much as a black man that he frankly wanted to show Obama what a GOOD President looked like.

He's done a LOT more than just balance checkbooks... :/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2024, 08:09:07 pm »
Excuse me?

Ben Carson ran one of our largest federal cabinet agencies and turned it totally around--from a wasteful, inefficient leftist-ran money sink into an effective, lean  agency wherein over 40% more of every dollar spent by HUD was used for its intended and stated purposes, rather than wasted on salaries, pensions, new furniture, new computers, etc

And he only ran for President because Obama pissed him off so much as a black man that he frankly wanted to show Obama what a GOOD President looked like.

He's done a LOT more than just balance checkbooks... :/

:yowsa: :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2024, 08:40:41 pm »
Ben Carson was not mentioned as one of Trump's VP picks.  His picks are; Noem, Vivek, Tulsi, and Scott. All poor picks in my opinion other than Noem.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2024, 08:45:27 pm »
Ben Carson was not mentioned as one of Trump's VP picks.  His picks are; Noem, Vivek, Tulsi, and Scott. All poor picks in my opinion other than Noem.

I like Noem....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online scottfreitas

« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2024, 08:51:03 pm »
I'd have to go with Noem first out of that list, too.

I'd cross my fingers and choose Vivek second. Hoping, gambling, that he'd actually be as radically Originalist-Constitutionalist as he claimed to be.

Cuz both Tulsi and Scott score very low in those areas.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2024, 09:00:09 pm »

I'd cross my fingers and choose Vivek second. Hoping, gambling, that he'd actually be as radically Originalist-Constitutionalist as he claimed to be.

Tulsi is an unrepentant Democrat, who says a few things we like while keeping her leftist card hidden.  Sort of like RFK Jr.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2024, 09:02:37 pm »

Vivek?  You're kidding correct?  Neither of his parents were born in this country; that's a big red flag to me and it's a constitutional issue as well.  Nothing is known about him other than he aligned himself with Soros for $$$. The Soros connection alone should be a huge red flag.  He's a slick, smooth talker and would be perfect for a chewing gum commercial.  He's another O'Bammy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2024, 09:18:56 pm »
Tulsi is an unrepentant Democrat, who says a few things we like while keeping her leftist card hidden.  Sort of like RFK Jr.

Understand me when I say this. I ain't throwin laurels at Gabbard and RFK Jr. But I find their presence encouraging. For a LONG TIME there have been no moderate Democrats to be found at all. To suddenly find a strain that is far right of their liberal friends - Still left of center, mind you - But I find that to be constructive... And an indication that the hard lock the liberals have had on the Democrat party may be beginning to shift.

Not sayin, jussayin.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2024, 09:20:33 pm »
Vivek?  You're kidding correct?  Neither of his parents were born in this country; that's a big red flag to me and it's a constitutional issue as well.  Nothing is known about him other than he aligned himself with Soros for $$$. The Soros connection alone should be a huge red flag.  He's a slick, smooth talker and would be perfect for a chewing gum commercial.  He's another O'Bammy.

Yeah... Appeared out of nowhere with no record too.
Nope. None for me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2024, 09:30:06 pm »
Understand me when I say this. I ain't throwin laurels at Gabbard and RFK Jr. But I find their presence encouraging. For a LONG TIME there have been no moderate Democrats to be found at all. To suddenly find a strain that is far right of their liberal friends - Still left of center, mind you - But I find that to be constructive... And an indication that the hard lock the liberals have had on the Democrat party may be beginning to shift.

Not sayin, jussayin.  :shrug:

They say they are, but words are dirt cheap when it comes to politicians.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2024, 09:30:57 pm »

O'Bastard proved that N, B and C are dead letters.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2024, 09:45:01 pm »
They say they are, but words are dirt cheap when it comes to politicians.

Well sure. But it's been a long time since you heard many of them words coming out of Democrats. That's what I'm saying.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2024, 09:46:48 pm »
and by the way... WRT the statement upthread that no one is taking this poll seriously... Add a 'None of the above' selection and see what happens.

Online scottfreitas

« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2024, 09:48:46 pm »
People change. It'd be hard to imagine Vivek saying what he has, promoting the policies he has, and then getting elected and trying to govern as a Leftist.

His voters wouldn't let him get away with it. He'd quickly become the most hated man ever, protested and heckled everywhere he went. All while the Soros crowd continued demonizing him as being Hitler, and running far-left loons against him in his next election.

I DO care about legal citizenship, though. Was he born to two legal-citizen parents or not?

If not, we're down to Tulsi and Timmy, and I'd choose neither. NEVER Tim Scott so long as Dr.Ben Carson is still breathing.