Poll

Duck Duck Goose!

Author Topic: Trump’s VP Pick  (Read 19288 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trump’s VP Pick
« Reply #150 on: February 29, 2024, 01:55:47 am »
I have long thought that Trump would pick Ben Carson as his Veep, but lately I am thinking Tulsi. Trump simply cannot resist a hot-looking, media-savvy babe, regardless of her political viewpoint.

My thoughts as well.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #151 on: February 29, 2024, 01:56:57 am »
My thoughts as well.

And I will laugh and point my finger. And laugh sommore.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #152 on: February 29, 2024, 01:58:38 am »
I've grown tired of this circular argument.  :seeya:

The only circular argument here is the one you continue to embrace.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #153 on: February 29, 2024, 01:59:32 am »
And I will laugh and point my finger. And laugh sommore.

But . . . but . . . but it's the lesser of two evils.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #154 on: February 29, 2024, 02:00:28 am »
I have long thought that Trump would pick Ben Carson as his Veep, but lately I am thinking Tulsi. Trump simply cannot resist a hot-looking, media-savvy babe, regardless of her political viewpoint.

In listening to and reading his announcement of choices for his VP pick he specifically mentioned that his VP would be carefully picked and they would be capable of running the country. The only one that I think is capable on day one of running the country is Noem.  Scott, Gabbard, Vivek all lack in experience.

IMHO if he selects any of the later named, he will lose the general without any doubts. His VP is either going to make him or break him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #155 on: February 29, 2024, 02:07:01 am »
But . . . but . . . but it's the lesser of two evils.

We truly do get the government we deserve.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online scottfreitas

« Reply #156 on: February 29, 2024, 02:08:47 am »
If you're right, then why wouldn't Trump choose Kari Lake?

Kari used to WORK in the media. Meanwhile, today, she is the MAGAest of all the MAGA types who claim to be MAGA!

Me, I'd prefer Ben Carson.

But again, based off your description, I fail to see how Lake wouldn't be considered waaay above ex-recently-Demoncrat Tulsi.

MAGA ain't gonna trust Tulsi.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: February 29, 2024, 02:08:53 am »
In listening to and reading his announcement of choices for his VP pick he specifically mentioned that his VP would be carefully picked and they would be capable of running the country. The only one that I think is capable on day one of running the country is Noem.  Scott, Gabbard, Vivek all lack in experience.

IMHO if he selects any of the later named, he will lose the general without any doubts. His VP is either going to make him or break him.

Noem should watch her topknot and keep her powder dry.

If she climbs aboard the Tump train, she's dead to me.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2024, 02:08:55 am »
I've grown tired of this circular argument.  :seeya:

The only thing that I would like to add is this; everyone has to vote their conscience. Not being true to your feelings and beliefs is just wrong. We all have reasons obviously to either vote for Trump or not.

Trump should by all indications be the nominee, but we're months away and he now has 3 states that are forbidding him to be on the ballot.  So, him being the nominee has not be finalized and I think that the left may have a surprise or two up their sleeves yet.  Also, who knows what will happen at the Republican Convention and what rule changes they may make.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2024, 02:09:12 am »
We truly do get the government we deserve.   *****rollingeyes*****

That would be something.  Trump/Gabbard.  Not one, but two Democrats on the Republican ticket.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2024, 02:09:45 am »
The only circular argument here is the one you continue to embrace.

In 2016 I refused to vote for Trump but he was elected despite my protestations and did the best he could given all that was thrown at him for four years. So much so that I believed, along with many millions of others that he deserved re-election and voted that way but the election was stolen (81 million votes for Biden? Give me a break) I refuse to let that stand and will vote FOR Donald John Trump in 2024 despite everything the swamp continues to throw at him. End of story.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 02:14:07 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #161 on: February 29, 2024, 02:12:02 am »
That would be something.  Trump/Gabbard.  Not one, but two Democrats on the Republican ticket.

Ain't it though?
Will wonders never cease...
And 'conservatives' too I suppose. That Conservative mantle is gonna need a hella big refit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #162 on: February 29, 2024, 02:13:44 am »
In 2016 I refused to vote for Trump but he was elected despite my protestations and did the best he could given all that was thrown at him for four years. So much so that I believed, along with many millions of others that he deserved re-election and voted that way but the election was stolen (81 million votes for Biden? Give me a break) I refuse to let that stand and will vote FOR Donald John Trump in 2024 despite everything the swamp continues to throw at him. End of story.

Yeah. His martyr shtick is strong.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #163 on: February 29, 2024, 02:14:44 am »
We are now spending $400 billion per year just to pay the interest on the debt that Trump accumulated after just four years in office.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: February 29, 2024, 02:15:51 am »
We are now spending $400 billion per year just to pay the interest on the debt that Trump accumulated after just four years in office.

HEY! Let's do THAT sommore! Woo!  :beer:

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline libertybele

« Reply #165 on: February 29, 2024, 02:15:56 am »
Noem should watch her topknot and keep her powder dry.

If she climbs aboard the Tump train, she's dead to me.

Well, all I can say is go back and watch Noem's speech before Trump's rally at Rushmore when BLM and others were blocking people from attending.  Her speech was pretty darn impressive and obviously she has great deep reasons for believing in Trump. She's been one heck of a governor.

One of my thoughts through all of this -- Trump is fighting to get the nomination and the GOP seated in the WH -- If that should somehow happen, I believe he will step down after his first term, perhaps even sooner.  Just an idea that has come to mind.

No, I am not in anyway trying to change your mind @roamer_1   Nor have I any intention of voting for him -- however, IF he should name Noem as his VP, I may have to really do some soul searching and not vote for her. Anyone else that he's named so far, not a chance. 

My dream ticket was DeSantis/Noem or Noem/DeSantis. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #166 on: February 29, 2024, 02:16:26 am »
Yeah. His martyr shtick is strong.

It's also true! If they can do it to him, they can do it to anyone! Roy Moore never had a chance.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #167 on: February 29, 2024, 02:18:30 am »
They're not after me, they're after you.  I'm just in the way.

Weren't you just complaining about how Trump couldn't get anything done even with a Republican House and Senate?

THIS is what is known as 'circular reasoning'.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #168 on: February 29, 2024, 02:18:58 am »
Well, all I can say is go back and watch Noem's speech before Trump's rally at Rushmore when BLM and others were blocking people from attending.  Her speech was pretty darn impressive and obviously she has great deep reasons for believing in Trump. She's been one heck of a governor.

One of my thoughts through all of this -- Trump is fighting to get the nomination and the GOP seated in the WH -- If that should somehow happen, I believe he will step down after his first term, perhaps even sooner.  Just an idea that has come to mind.

No, I am not in anyway trying to change your mind @roamer_1   Nor have I any intention of voting for him -- however, IF he should name Noem as his VP, I may have to really do some soul searching and not vote for her. Anyone else that he's named so far, not a chance. 

My dream ticket was DeSantis/Noem or Noem/DeSantis.

Oh I know @libertybele

And I'd pull the trigger for DeSantis/Noem in a second.

But Tump/Noem ... NOPE. And she'd be dead to me. No Conservative can survive being tied to such a liberal and stay true. Just look at Cruz.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #169 on: February 29, 2024, 02:22:35 am »
Weren't you just complaining about how Trump couldn't get anything done even with a Republican House and Senate?

THIS is what is known as 'circular reasoning'.

How so @Hoodat ? The house and senate sitting on their hands for two years is just one part of all that was done to sink President Trump and you are saying move on!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #170 on: February 29, 2024, 02:24:32 am »
It's also true! If they can do it to him, they can do it to anyone! Roy Moore never had a chance.

Nah. He caused a lot of it. Including right into his current trials. He WANTS it judged in the court of public opinion. He WANTS the martyrdom. He wears it like a badge.

And plenty are taken in by the con.

And in the mean time You'll vote for MORE of the historic damage to liberty and treasure... Because martyr. Because Democrats. Because Deep State...

And it will only cost us trillions upon trillions, upon trillions.

AGAIN.

Offline DB

« Reply #171 on: February 29, 2024, 02:28:01 am »
If you're right, then why wouldn't Trump choose Kari Lake?

Kari used to WORK in the media. Meanwhile, today, she is the MAGAest of all the MAGA types who claim to be MAGA!

Me, I'd prefer Ben Carson.

But again, based off your description, I fail to see how Lake wouldn't be considered waaay above ex-recently-Demoncrat Tulsi.

MAGA ain't gonna trust Tulsi.

You do know that Kari Lake campaigned, to the point of going door to door for Obama. Kari may have had a leg to stand on if her head wasn't so far up Trump's ass.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #172 on: February 29, 2024, 02:30:25 am »
How so @Hoodat ? The house and senate sitting on their hands for two years is just one part of all that was done to sink President Trump and you are saying move on!

If Trump wasn't in the way back then, how do you expect him to be in the way now?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #173 on: February 29, 2024, 02:31:20 am »

My larger point wasn't Trump. It was Republicans. And yet you'll vote for them anyway no matter what as long as you get a little less damage, maybe... My Rep is Andy Biggs and I have no problem voting FOR him. Beyond that I don't have much to vote FOR.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #174 on: February 29, 2024, 02:31:37 am »
You do know that Kari Lake campaigned, to the point of going door to door for Obama.

Eleventieth dimensional chess.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-