Author Topic: House GOP to Mayorkas: RESIGN or be IMPEACHED  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House GOP to Mayorkas: RESIGN or be IMPEACHED
« on: January 16, 2024, 02:19:59 pm »
House GOP to Mayorkas: RESIGN or be IMPEACHED
01/15/2024 // Ramon Tomey // 1.5K Views

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has been urged to resign under threat of impeachment by the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.
According to Law Enforcement Today, Mayorkas' impeachment has taken the dominant position on the House Homeland Security Committee (HSC) under its chairman, Tennessee Rep. Mark Green. During a Jan. 10 hearing, the HSC set to evaluate the extent to which Mayorkas' "failed leadership and refusal to enforce the laws passed by Congress" has impacted America's national security.

A separate report by Just The News said the Jan. 10 hearing would be the first of three scheduled for that month. This followed the HSC's release of the fifth report outlining the secretary's policies. The committee found in part that "the causes, costs and consequences of the crisis at the southwest border and how the reckless decision-making and legally dubious policies of Mayorkas and President Joe Biden have precipitated the worst border crisis in American history."

"The [HSC's] nearly year-long investigation into Mayorkas made one thing clear: He has refused to enforce the laws of Congress and fulfill his oath of office," Republicans in the HSC posted on X. "This committee [would] begin impeachment proceedings … to hold Mayorkas accountable."

Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene put in her two cents on the matter.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-01-15-house-gop-to-mayorkas-resign-or-be-impeached.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: House GOP to Mayorkas: RESIGN or be IMPEACHED
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 02:22:12 pm »
The real question is will he be willing to take the fall by himself or will he risk being "Epsteined" if he takes Biden and the DOJ with him? 0380000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson