Author Topic: WaPo slaps Biden WH with 'three Pinocchios,' knocks 'spin' that House GOP voted to cut Border Patrol  (Read 225 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WaPo slaps Biden WH with 'three Pinocchios,' knocks 'spin' that House GOP voted to cut Border Patrol agents
Story by Joseph Wulfsohn  •
20h

The Washington Post slapped the Biden White House with three "Pinocchios" over claims it had made about GOP lawmakers bearing some responsibility over the migrant crisis at the border, chalking it up as "spin."

On Friday, the Post's chief fact-checker Glenn Kessler took White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and deputy press secretary Andrew Bates to task over their repeated assertions that House Republicans voted last May to "eliminate 2,000 Border Patrol agents" as the country continues seeing a record number of border crossings.

"But there is a big problem with this number," Kessler wrote. "It’s not based on an actual vote on the Homeland Security budget. Instead, it’s a White House estimate on the impact of a bill the House passed in 2023 as an opening bid in budget talks with the Biden administration. When it came to an actual vote for border security, the House in September passed an appropriations bill that funded an additional 1,795 Border Patrol agents. That was four times the increase (350 agents) that President Biden had requested in his own 2024 budget proposal."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/wapo-slaps-biden-wh-with-three-pinocchios-knocks-spin-that-house-gop-voted-to-cut-border-patrol-agents/ar-AA1mTjXW?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=049f223dc00a4ee184cb6d48bb755192&ei=55
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson