Author Topic: Trump hammers Cruz as senator holds back endorsement: 'He shouldn't even exist'  (Read 8044 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump hammers Cruz as senator holds back endorsement: 'He shouldn't even exist'
by Jack Birle, Breaking News Reporter
January 04, 2024 02:27 PM

Former President Donald Trump is reportedly upset at Republican politicians who have held out their endorsement in the 2024 presidential race, including former 2016 primary rival Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).

Trump has ranted privately about Cruz withholding his endorsement for the GOP nomination and said that Cruz "shouldn't even exist," according to a report from the New York Times.

"Ted — he shouldn't even exist," Trump said, according to the outlet, citing a person who heard the comments. "I could've destroyed him. I kind of did destroy him in 2016, if you think about it. But then I let him live."

Cruz ran against Trump in the 2016 GOP presidential primary, beating him in Iowa and some other states but losing the Republican nomination to him. In 2016, Cruz did not endorse Trump until September — two months after the Republican National Convention and less than two months before the election.

The former president believes it is not sufficient when politicians say they "support" him, and he is more focused on scoring formal endorsements.

He also reportedly bragged about receiving the endorsement of House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-MN) by saying that "they always bend the knee." Trump sank Emmer's chances of becoming House speaker in October when he said the House GOP electing him speaker would be a "tragic mistake."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-hammers-cruz-holds-back-endorsement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Better Ted than Donny the vindictive @ss who is willing to work with democrats to destroy any real Conservative that refuse to genuflect before him.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Words flow in my head of what I think of Trump.... words that you can imagine without much effort thus I will not sully this forum in verbalizing them.

It would take someone holding a shotgun to my family before I vote for Trump.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 08:11:56 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline cato potatoe

Y’all can vote for this cretin, if you hate the country that much.  Just don’t ask the rest of us to join.

Offline LMAO

This is part of the reason that he endorsed Abrams over Kemp and is attacking Reynolds and DeSantis

Trump prefers the most radical democrats over any Republican that doesn’t bow to him. But Republicans who get his endorsement go on to lose their elections
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

I do believe he hates Conservatives, like any NY Liberal.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This story is perfectly plausible and completely consistent with who Trump has been since 2015.  The problem is this is an unsourced article from the New York Times, and I can't bring myself just to accept it as true.

Offline corbe

I can still remember when he used to call NY Media, using an alias, talking good smack upon himself. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Cruz shouldn't exist??  Really?  I see that as rather threatening.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Better Ted than Donny the vindictive @ss who is willing to work with democrats to destroy any real Conservative that refuse to genuflect before him.

888high58888 Donny is a narcissistic liberal. MAGA? I find it hard to believe that he could give two farts about this country.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 10:09:24 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

All I can say is...Ted is in good company.

Well, I could say more about Trump but I'll refrain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is where Trump is cutting his own throat.

In MY opinion,Cruz isn't going to support him because the DNC has blackmail material on him that would kill his political career. He no doubt also has blackmail material on a number of Dims,but would that really make much of a difference when it came to their re-election runs? Hell,there are Dims that are voting for Dim candidates that have been dead for centuries,not to mention the imaginary ones.

Don't believe me?

Ask yourself HOW that senile old crooked fart in the WH now managed to get elected President,and then get back to me on it.

Trumps major disadvantage,other than his temper,is that the ONLY support he has is from actual living voters,and maybe a few elected officials in some areas that MUST vote for him if the want to get re-elected.

Joseph Stalin summed up the American ballot system of today when he was describing the Soviet system in the 1930's,and told an aide that objected to Stalin giving EVERYBODY the option to vote by telling him "It doesn't matter who votes for who. What matters is who  counts the votes."

And if Trump,even as an outsider with all his flaws,doesn't get elected this time,there will be no more truly fair elections in America. The left isn't relying just on cheating and ballot box stuffing this time. They have now imported millions of voters from foreign countries who MUST vote for the Dim candidate or face becoming homeless,hungry,and broke. Do NOT think this situation will get any better if Biden or his replacement is sworn is declared the winner.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

This is where Trump is cutting his own throat.

In MY opinion,Cruz isn't going to support him because the DNC has blackmail material on him that would kill his political career.

:thud:

You might want to start reading his books @sneakypete  "A Time For Truth", "Justice Corrupted", "One Vote Away", and his latest
"Unwoke", and then get back to me.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Yeah, attacking high-ranking office holders in your own party is always a winning strategy, especially when you might need their support later on.

:facepalm2:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just when I start warming to the thought that  the binary choice might save the nation, this ultimate dumbass sticks his f'n orange foot in his mouth. 

I am with others here.  I just can't bring myself to vote for this son of a bitch for any reasoon.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

Cruz should have thrown his weight behind DeSantis right out the gate.

There is no other Conservative, and therefore, no reason to withhold endorsement.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This story is perfectly plausible and completely consistent with who Trump has been since 2015.  The problem is this is an unsourced article from the New York Times, and I can't bring myself just to accept it as true.

Good point Bill.  The article cites the NYT, wich has been caught in the past throwing political false flags into the gears intended to conjure political discourse within Conservative ranks.  If this is bs, I hope DJT disputes it quickly.  If he doesn't, it may have some credibility.  Let's wait and see.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 11:27:34 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

Cruz should have thrown his weight behind DeSantis right out the gate.

There is no other Conservative, and therefore, no reason to withhold endorsement.

I don't understand that either @roamer_1 His campaign manager Chip Roy (R-TX) was one of the first to endorse DeSantis.   :shrug:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Ah yes, how to win friends and influence enemies.  Trump is a master.  HELL NO!  HE IS THE CONSUMMATE IDIOT!

He spurned McCain in his first year, and McCain had the last laugh by being the deciding vote in support of Obamacare, something Trump spent largely his first year trying to undo.  One more huge Trump failure!!!

Many of you will refrain from saying it, I won't!  Trump, the dumb f*** he is, is clueless and has no business in the lead of anything.

He is setting the stage so that if he is elected, leaders of his own party will be giving him their middle finger for four years.

TRUMP WILL BE AS LAME DUCK AS ANY THAT EVER EXISTED PRIOR TO HIM.  TALK ABOUT GRID LOCK!!!

Maybe that is his plan.  More time for golf.  And if this does not cause a huge dent in the growth of conservatism in America, then I am missing something.  And I don't think I am.

Offline Timber Rattler

Good pint Bill.  The article cites the NYT, wich has been caught in the past throwing political false flags into the gears intended to conjure political discourse within Conservative ranks.  If this is bs, I hope DJT disputes it quickly.  If he doesn't, it may have some credibility.  Let's wait and see.

The thing about the NYTs articles that most people don't know is that Maggie Haberman is its chief political reporter and a close friend of both Trump and the Clintons.  Although she was one of the key members of the New York wolf pack that tore Trump's administration apart, he's still friendly with her and has her on speed dial.  TRUMP, himself, is the unnamed source in most of her articles!

Trump says NYT’s Haberman ‘like my psychiatrist’

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3660257-trump-says-nyts-haberman-like-my-psychiatrist/

Former President Trump described The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman as being “like my psychiatrist” during an post-presidency interview for Haberman’s forthcoming book.

During one of the duo’s three interviews for the book, Trump turned to two aides sitting nearby and said, “I love being with her, she’s like my psychiatrist,” according to an excerpt published in The Atlantic on Sunday.

Haberman has covered Trump for years, including his time in the White House and both of his presidential campaigns.

She gained a reputation for constantly breaking scoops on the Trump administration and relentlessly getting information from her sources at all hours, making her forthcoming book, titled “Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America,” highly anticipated ahead of its Oct. 4 release date.

What’s the Key to Understanding Donald J. Trump? Start With Queens.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/28/books/review/confidence-man-donald-trump-maggie-haberman.html

Haberman is famously formidable. She is a native New Yorker, a competitive advantage given her subject. She has worked for the trifecta of local dailies — The Post, The Daily News and, most notably, The Times (plus a stint at Politico). She was awarded a well-deserved Pulitzer Prize for her work with The Times. The only other journalist who can match her access to a recent president is Lou Cannon, who spent much of a lifetime covering Ronald Reagan, a far less enervating task than Haberman’s. Trump has called her “a crooked H[illary] flunky” and “an unprofessional hack” while giving her endless interviews, including three for this book. She is an exemplar of her craft, relentless, judicious and even-keeled, giving credit, where due, to her colleagues and fellow biographers, while admitting and adjusting her occasional mistakes.

Is Trump-Whisperer Maggie Haberman Changing The New York Times?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/is-trump-whisperer-maggie-haberman-changing-the-new-york-times

No one embodies the surreal, codependent, often abusive relationship between the media and Donald Trump as much as Maggie Haberman, the most prominent White House correspondent for the publication Trump likes to call “The Failing New York Times.” Much as he professes to despise the Times—“total fiction,” he’s called it—he can’t quit Haberman. He returns her calls, gives her exclusives. “He wouldn’t talk to me as much as he does if I wasn’t at the Times,” Haberman said on a podcast recently. “That’s just the reality. He craves the paper’s approval.”
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

TRUMP WILL BE AS LAME DUCK AS ANY THAT EVER EXISTED PRIOR TO HIM.  TALK ABOUT GRID LOCK!!!

I really think this is his back sided intent at legacy, and trying to stick us with his stinking kids for the next 30 years, which I respond with a resounding HELL NO!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 11:34:07 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Timber Rattler

I really think his back sided intent is legacy, and trying to stick us with his stinking kids for the next 30 years, which I respond with a resounding HELL NO!!!!!!!

Yep.  And plus, he's out for vengeance, and also wants to end all the federal and state charges and civil litigation against him.  As a re-elected president, he would have sovereign immunity, just like a king.  So in his mind, he HAS to win!

Offline libertybele

I really think his back sided intent is legacy, and trying to stick us with his stinking kids for the next 30 years, which I respond with a resounding HELL NO!!!!!!!

Ivanka?? Her and her slimy husband already had their hands in the cookie jar.  I don't see Eric really having any interest.  Tiffany just married a billionaire and didn't show a whole lot of interest while he was president.  That leaves Don Jr., who at this point in time I think would make a better president than Donny, but as far as a Trump dynasty, I agree; no and hell no!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
The thing about the NYTs articles that most people don't know is that Maggie Haberman is its chief political reporter and a close friend of both Trump and the Clintons.  Although she was one of the key members of the New York wolf pack that tore Trump's administration apart, he's still friendly with her and has her on speed dial.  TRUMP, himself, is the unnamed source in most of her articles!

Thanks for the add, but if DJT really wants to either quench this shit storm,  he'd better respond to it pretty quickly.  Cruz is still a firebrand and carries a lot of weight and respect within conserative ranks.  As another poster pointed out his "statement" could easily be construed as theatening.  And if the orange fool wants a civil war......   Then bring it ass hole.

Offline corbe

AND Conservatives,
      due to its tan overtones.