Author Topic: ‘Belly of the beast’: Trump thinks he can win New York, ‘may rent Madison Square Garden’ for rally  (Read 447 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Belly of the beast’: Trump thinks he can win New York, ‘may rent Madison Square Garden’ for rally
January 3, 2024 | Tom Tillison

Donald Trump is taking for granted that he will win the Republican presidential nominee as the former president looks ahead to key battles in the general election.

Not only does Trump seem to think that he can win the very blue state of New York, from which he hails, but he said in a recent interview with Breitbart News that he may hold a rally at Madison Square Garden.

“I’m going to make a heavy play for New York, heavy play for New Jersey, heavy play for Virginia, heavy play for New Mexico, and a heavy play for a state that hasn’t been won in years, Minnesota,” Trump said. “I’m going to do rallies, I’m going to do speeches, I’m going to work them. That doesn’t mean I’m going to work them as hard as I work in Pennsylvania, where I’m doing very well.

“But we’re going to do these other states too, and it will be a heavy move,” he added. “I may rent Madison Square Garden and that’s the belly of the beast, right?”

Trump may be influenced by the welcome he received back in November when he entered a MMA fight being held there like a boss, walking alongside UFC President Dana White, while iconic rocker Kid Rock and Tucker Carlson trailed just steps behind

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2024/01/03/belly-of-the-beast-trump-thinks-he-can-win-new-york-may-rent-madison-square-garden-for-rally-1424565/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I support Mr. Trump, but he's dreamin' here.
A waste of good money.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Does Trump have dreams of recreating the 1939 German Bund (Nazi) rally at Madison Garden?

https://anightatthegarden.com/

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He said this in past cycles, too. The man just likes to talk a big game, and we should all know that by now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I support Mr. Trump, but he's dreamin' here.
A waste of good money.

I expect Trump won't waste money there ---- but, the DNC could be forced to.

I support the effort.  He has underreported support in NY ---- upstate, Staten Island, Long Island, even growing support in NYC.  Don't underestimate the importance of the impact of illegal immigration, the economy and threat of world war.

I also like that he's not writing off states, that he not surrendering even before the first political shot is fired.  Breaking this habit could prove to be a very good thing ----- including down ticket elections.

Online Hoodat

‘Belly of the beast’: Trump thinks he can win New York, ‘may rent Madison Square Garden’ for rally

In other words, expect Trump to shift even further left in order to sway NY voters.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
In other words, expect Trump to shift even further left in order to sway NY voters.

Bingo.