Author Topic: Trump holds Fox News town hall to counter CNN Iowa debate with DeSantis and Haley  (Read 540 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump holds Fox News town hall to counter CNN Iowa debate with DeSantis and Haley
by Mabinty Quarshie, National Politics Correspondent
January 02, 2024 11:41 AM

Fox News is set to hold a town hall event in Des Moines, Iowa, with former President Donald Trump on Jan. 10 at 9 p.m. Eastern time, a move that directly competes with CNN's Iowa GOP primary debate held on the same night at the same time.

The Fox News Trump event, announced on Tuesday, marks the former president's fifth time snubbing a debate matchup with his 2024 Republican rivals. He has skipped all four primary debates sponsored by the Republican National Committee.

Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum will co-moderate the Trump town hall for the first time since May 2020, when Trump last sat down for an interview with the pair. The Jan. 10 town hall, just five days before the Iowa caucuses, also marks Trump's return to holding counterevents during GOP debate nights.

He held a competing event during the first three GOP debates, including the first one in late August, which was co-sponsored with Fox News. But the former president did not seek to take attention from his rivals during last month's fourth GOP debate in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-fox-news-town-hall-snub-cnn-iowa-debate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

Every morning when I take my two dogs outside to do their business, the older dog hovers inches away from the 6-month-old puppy while she pees.  When she finishes, he take the 1/2 step over so that he can pee directly on top of where she did.

Apparently, he's trying to assert his "dominance".  Of course, she could easily crush him like a bug since she is more than twice his size.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So what?  Trump will just prove again he is the bigger draw. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Every morning when I take my two dogs outside to do their business, the older dog hovers inches away from the 6-month-old puppy while she pees.  When she finishes, he take the 1/2 step over so that he can pee directly on top of where she did.

Apparently, he's trying to assert his "dominance".  Of course, she could easily crush him like a bug since she is more than twice his size.

:facepalm2:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

ICYMI...

Ramaswamy announced in a post on X that he’d be participating in a live-audience conversation with Timcast News’ Tim Pool the same evening, also in Des Moines, Iowa.

More:
https://dcenquirer.com/cnn-reveals-who-qualified-for-iowa-debate-ahead-of-caucus-day?utm_source=89384

Online Hoodat

At least DeSantis isn't afraid to debate Haley.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
So what?  Trump will just prove again he is the bigger draw. :shrug:

Outside his inner core of supporters, he better hope the "hold their nose" crowd is bigger than in '20.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.