Author Topic: Anti-Semitism: A Central Feature in Leftist Thought  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Anti-Semitism: A Central Feature in Leftist Thought
« on: December 29, 2023, 04:30:33 pm »
Anti-Semitism: A Central Feature in Leftist Thought
An interview with renowned scholar Robert S. Wistrich.
December 29, 2023 by Scott Johnson 3 Comments

Newsletter

Robert S. Wistrich was the Neuburger Professor of European and Jewish history at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the director of the university’s Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Anti-Semitism. He may also have been the leading academic authority on anti-Semitism. Witness his histories A Lethal Obsession: Anti-Semitism From Antiquity to the Global Jihad(2010) and From Ambivalence to Betrayal: The Left, The Jews and Israel (2012). Professor Wistrich died in 2015 at the age of 70. The New York Times obituary by Sam Roberts is here. Would that he were alive in this hour.

I interviewed Professor Wistrich by email in connection with his 2012 book. It occurred to me that it might be a good time to revisit the interview. Here it is.

PL: You begin your new book with an autobiographical account dating back to your time on the Left. How did you get from there to here, so to speak?

https://www.frontpagemag.com/anti-semitism-a-central-feature-in-leftist-thought/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson