Author Topic: What to know about the migrant caravan heading to the US  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What to know about the migrant caravan heading to the US
« on: December 27, 2023, 11:33:35 am »

What to know about the migrant caravan heading to the US
Story by Rafael Bernal  •
15h

A migrant caravan departed Mexico’s southern city of Tapachula on Monday, as the Biden administration ratchets up pressure on Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador to impose tighter limits on migrants crossing his country.

The reportedly 6,000-strong caravan is the largest organized group of migrants to form in Tapachula since 2022, when news of a similarly sized caravan threatened to overshadow the Summit of the Americas, hosted in Los Angeles by the Biden administration.

The new Christmas caravan promises to be a political headache for both President Biden and López Obrador, as Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and White House homeland security adviser Liz Sherwood-Randall are due to meet the Mexican president Wednesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/what-to-know-about-the-migrant-caravan-heading-to-the-us/ar-AA1m44wc?ocid=msedgntp&pc=ASTS&cvid=b014ea67301a410ab5b3ad0609f881a8&ei=30
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson