Author Topic: US Coast Guard keeps its C-27Js grounded  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Coast Guard keeps its C-27Js grounded
« on: December 25, 2023, 02:16:51 pm »
US Coast Guard keeps its C-27Js grounded
By Tom Kington
 Friday, Dec 22

The U.S. Coast Guard is keeping its C-27J aircraft grounded as it checks on cracks found in the fuselage of 14 aircraft, the service said.

The Coast Guard first grounded its fleet of the medium range surveillance aircraft after receiving an alert on Dec. 1 about a possible issue from manufacturer Leonardo.

“The Coast Guard completed the inspections necessitated by the December 1, 2023, C-27J Alert Service Bulletin released by Leonardo Aircraft Division (LAD),” the Coast Guard told Defense News.

“During these inspections, which required operators to visually observe certain sections of the aircraft, the Coast Guard found cracks of varying degrees on all 14 of its C-27Js,” it added. “The Coast Guard will continue to keep its C-27J fleet grounded while working with Leonardo Aircraft Division to determine a path forward.”

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2023/12/22/us-coast-guard-keeps-its-c-27js-grounded/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Coast Guard keeps its C-27Js grounded
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 02:17:38 pm »
Does Leonardo get its part from China by any chance? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson