Author Topic: DeSantis asks Hannity to arrange debate with Trump  (Read 2657 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: DeSantis asks Hannity to arrange debate with Trump
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2023, 09:04:55 pm »
What utter bullshit.

To look at the 'battlefield' as it IS today...not how you WISH it to be.

Uncanny that POV is beyond you.  Instead,  you essentially took your ball and went home.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2023, 09:07:05 pm »
One solid and undisputable fact is that RDS is a true conservative, and Trump is not. 

Just shows how far left the GOP and the country in general have moved.

@catfish1957

ROFLMAO!

And what is Santa going to bring you this Christmas,little boy?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2023, 09:08:12 pm »
Well, DeSantis, or any of the other GOP candidates, don’t have a history of trying to overturn an election in places like Georgia or encouraging his supporters to stop federal proceeding

So there is that. And before you MAGAs respond, ask yourselves if you would defend Hillary if she conducted herself in a similar matter after her 2016 loss. I already know the answer to that

@LMAO

Apples and Oranges.

Bubbette! was trying to STEAL an election she lost.

Trump will be trying to get back an election that was stolen from him.

@sneakypete I believe that she thought that she had the election in the bag and therefore I doubt that she had the plans in the works to steal it, but the left sure as heck made sure that Trump didn't win another election and IMHO they'll do it again.  They have two things on their side; Ronna is still head of the RNC and SCOTUS ruled that Trump's objections had no standing.  I don't see Ronna changing gears nor SCOTUS actually ruling.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 09:09:12 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2023, 09:11:23 pm »
Shoo!  @Right_in_Virginia   You can't provide the data because you're basing everything on just your opinion rather than fact and you can't face the reality that the leftists have charged Trump with 90+ felonies. 

You state that I've become an enemy to the rule of law??  Shame on you. Take a good hard look in the mirror. Now move on ....shoo fly shoo!

@libertybele

I can't speak for RIV or anyone else,but *I* have trouble facing the reality that the FACTS are that people like you are as giddy as schoolgirls about the left stealing this election from Trump by using means like the fake charges in court,instead of being outraged.

Hard to believe you  posers really  DO hate "Rude Orange Rich  Man" to the point where you celebrate the DNC stealing an election,but that IS what is happening.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2023, 09:15:18 pm »
And in that, RDS would wipe the floor with Tumpy in a debate, by the numbers, by the answers. Which is why Tumpy prefers to stand afar off and lauch poo balls.

@roamer_1

Yeah,yet Dey do ron ron can barely even beat the male whore known as Chris Christy in a debate.

What is Santa bringing  you for Christmas this year?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2023, 09:18:48 pm »
Dey ?? Ron?  Name-calling is so childish. Trust me, if DeSantis was charged with 90+ felonies I'd definitely be looking for another candidate to support.

Here's a recap of the charges against Trump.  Whether or not they are bogus doesn't matter;

@libertybele

You did a FINE job of summing up the morality of the Anti-Rude Rich Man crowd of posers with your "truth doesn't  matter" statement.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2023, 09:19:52 pm »
To look at the 'battlefield' as it IS today...not how you WISH it to be.

Uncanny that POV is beyond you.  Instead,  you essentially took your ball and went home.

False on both counts, @DCPatriot
I have centered my meager abilities on regional and local fights, that is true. But that is because there is nothing to support at the federal level. Give me DeSantis and I will be in with all four feet - Just as I was for Cruz.

And the enemy is government, not Democrats. As long as y'all are willing to support big.gov, you'll be part of the problem. I will not. I refuse.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 09:20:53 pm by roamer_1 »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2023, 09:21:59 pm »

From phony righteous anti-Trumpers whose guy in down 50 POINTS, it's inciteful.

No my friend @roamer_1   It's not a reasonable question.

Say Trump is down 10 points to his dim opponent (yep, he could be to a Biden alternative) in August 2024.  Are you going to accept the same debate argument?

@DCPatriot
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 09:25:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2023, 09:22:46 pm »
No one is thrilled with the left's bogus charges against Trump. The difference is, somehow Trump supporters feel they're going to let him just walk away from them all; that's not realistic.  Nor is it being realistic thinking that they are going to let him near the WH again. What's changed @DCPatriot that makes you think he'll be seated in the oval office???  IF anything, things have progressively gotten worse.

For one I have doubts that we'll see another election and secondly, I don't think that they're going to let any REP near the oval office.  Just my opinion.

@libertybele

We are in aggreement on the parts in bold,and our ONLY hope is to elect a candidate that is running for the history books,not for fame and fortune. Someone that can only serve ONE term,and who can't be bribed or bought because NOTHING is more important to him that how he is portrayed in the history books.

Know  anybody like that?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2023, 09:23:03 pm »
@libertybele

You did a FINE job of summing up the morality of the Anti-Rude Rich Man crowd of posers with your "truth doesn't  matter" statement.

What I summed up is the fact that the leftists are playing by one set of rules for them and one set of rules for Trump; that is what I implied.  You took what I stated out of context.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2023, 09:23:57 pm »

@catfish1957

ROFLMAO!

And what is Santa going to bring you this Christmas,little boy?

I hope he leaves you a brain, in true Oz Scarecrow fashion.  Or at least in your case half a one.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2023, 09:26:30 pm »
I think this thread has run its course.  :seeya:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2023, 09:34:48 pm »
Well, DeSantis, or any of the other GOP candidates, don’t have a history of trying to overturn an election in places like Georgia or encouraging his supporters to stop federal proceeding

So there is that. And before you MAGAs respond, ask yourselves if you would defend Hillary if she conducted herself in a similar matter after her 2016 loss. I already know the answer to that

@LMAO

Apples and Oranges.

Bubbette! was trying to STEAL an election she lost.

Trump will be trying to get back an election that was stolen from him.

@sneakypete
You just made my point

And your reply was exactly what I expected

And it also highlights the problem with tribal politics. People are reluctant to hold the candidates they support or politicians they support to the same standards they would anyone else
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 09:50:28 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2023, 09:34:52 pm »
The funny thing is, I am not really all that libertarian, though my Western heritage might likely lean me that way more than most... My brand of philosophical Conservatism is founded more in Burke.

But constantly throwing libertarian and fiscal conservatives under the bus has brought us here - To something (maybe nearly) irreparable.

I will fight like hell to stuff this government back in its constraining box.
when y'all get around to that fight, holler. I will surely answer.

But give me a 'choice' between one big government or the other, I will ALWAYS choose neither. Either way suffers me my liberty, and I won't help you take that. Hell no!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2023, 09:40:21 pm »
@libertybele

I can't speak for RIV or anyone else,but *I* have trouble facing the reality that the FACTS are that people like you are as giddy as schoolgirls about the left stealing this election from Trump by using means like the fake charges in court,instead of being outraged.

Hard to believe you  posers really  DO hate "Rude Orange Rich  Man" to the point where you celebrate the DNC stealing an election,but that IS what is happening.

DECIDEDLY FALSE, on all counts. I would explain it yet again to you, but you can't hear me, it seems.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2023, 09:41:22 pm »
@libertybele

We are in aggreement on the parts in bold,and our ONLY hope is to elect a candidate that is running for the history books,not for fame and fortune. Someone that can only serve ONE term,and who can't be bribed or bought because NOTHING is more important to him that how he is portrayed in the history books.

Know  anybody like that?

No.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2023, 09:49:14 pm »
@roamer_1

I agree with everything  you wrote except for the parts in bold. I SUSPECT that you are right about what the Dims are going to do,but *I* think this will only highlight how the Dims "won" the election,and it will create a HUGE backlash against the DNC and pretty much all the Dim candidates.

I will disagree, @sneakypete . I think he has all the support he is going to have, and a whole lot of folks that are damn tired of him. Tired as hell. The only thing he has going for him is that Biteme is even worse.

So when he goes all crybaby about his convictions a whole helluva lot of folks will be out of f*cks to give.
I'd weight that at thirty points or so...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2023, 09:50:53 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2023, 09:54:59 pm »
lol

Starting from the Bush/Gore contest in 2000, stolen elections has become a blanket term for “elections my candidate loses”
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 09:58:38 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2023, 10:06:49 pm »
Say Trump is down 10 points to his dim opponent (yep, he could be to a Biden alternative) in August 2024.  Are you going to accept the same debate argument?

@DCPatriot

Buddy, I'm 77!  NOT 87!

Of course not.  I'm speaking purely on a "Primary" level.  Within our own Party.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2023, 10:09:30 pm »
Let us please, for the sake of all that is holy, put aside the endless ad hominems and accusations.

Donald Trump was a far better President than Joe Biden has been, or ever could be.

But in truth: that is a low bar to clear.

We can argue back and forth forever whether the 2020 election was "stolen" about as much as how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, and it will get us precisely: nowhere.

We can argue about Trump's virtues and vices with equal fervor, largely because he's got a kettle full of both.

He loves America and wants us to be a great nation. But he is a poor judge of character when it comes to his associates and is easily distracted, which allowed his Administration to be undermined by permanent Deep State actors in the Executive branch.

He secured our borders - but allowed Federal spending to balloon, unchecked.

He kept us out of foreign entanglements while keeping our enemies at bay. He appointed conservatives to the Supreme Court. But he failed to use his power to rein in an out-of-control Administrative state that conspired against him at every turn.

He needed to focus on advancing an America First agenda - but wasted weeks and months insulting everyone who disagreed with him, regardless of their abilities and potential usefulness as well as the need to secure legislative victories in the service of his agenda.

For conservatives - largely because we are supposed to think first and emote, second - the question is: "What is the best path forward now to save our Republic?".

At this moment, I think it inarguable that our nation is in peril.

So, I would suggest that we let the process move forward. Let the primary voters decide.

If Trump wins the nomination, we are faced with a binary choice, and must vote accordingly.

The GOP may be feckless, disorganized and tin-eared, but they are not the threat to American survival that the radical, Marxist Left now presents. 

Personally, I like Ron DeSantis because he is conservative and demonstrably able in an executive role.

But I will vote for whoever the GOP nominates, and the only thing that gives me pause is not Trump himself - warts and all - but instead, his loudest supporters, who have made this election a matter of personality and cult-level adherence rather than one of national survival. 

Which, make no mistake - it is.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LMAO

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2023, 10:20:16 pm »
Let us please, for the sake of all that is holy, put aside the endless ad hominems and accusations.

Donald Trump was a far better President than Joe Biden has been, or ever could be.

But in truth: that is a low bar to clear.

We can argue back and forth forever whether the 2020 election was "stolen" about as much as how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, and it will get us precisely: nowhere.

We can argue about Trump's virtues and vices with equal fervor, largely because he's got a kettle full of both.

He loves America and wants us to be a great nation. But he is a poor judge of character when it comes to his associates and is easily distracted, which allowed his Administration to be undermined by permanent Deep State actors in the Executive branch.

He secured our borders - but allowed Federal spending to balloon, unchecked.

He kept us out of foreign entanglements while keeping our enemies at bay. He appointed conservatives to the Supreme Court. But he failed to use his power to rein in an out-of-control Administrative state that conspired against him at every turn.

He needed to focus on advancing an America First agenda - but wasted weeks and months insulting everyone who disagreed with him, regardless of their abilities and potential usefulness as well as the need to secure legislative victories in the service of his agenda.

For conservatives - largely because we are supposed to think first and emote, second - the question is: "What is the best path forward now to save our Republic?".

At this moment, I think it inarguable that our nation is in peril.

So, I would suggest that we let the process move forward. Let the primary voters decide.

If Trump wins the nomination, we are faced with a binary choice, and must vote accordingly.

The GOP may be feckless, disorganized and tin-eared, but they are not the threat to American survival that the radical, Marxist Left now presents. 

Personally, I like Ron DeSantis because he is conservative and demonstrably able in an executive role.

But I will vote for whoever the GOP nominates, and the only thing that gives me pause is not Trump himself - warts and all - but instead, his loudest supporters, who have made this election a matter of personality and cult-level adherence rather than one of national survival. 

Which, make no mistake - it is.

Most of what you’re saying here I don’t disagree

I do not believe that Donald Trump is the right man for this time. When he was faced with an actual crisis, most of the decisions he made were the wrong ones.

But he was much better on the border, judges, and energy than Biden

However, I will not be voting for Trump should he be the nominee. Others will decide differently, and that’s their business. Too many red flags coming from him and many of his proposals for a second term.

He promising more spending, more printing, more tariffs, more federal government power. I oppose all those things when Democrats do them. I sure won’t excuse a Republican doing similar
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 10:36:05 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2023, 10:21:55 pm »
Buddy, I'm 77!  NOT 87!

Of course not.  I'm speaking purely on a "Primary" level.  Within our own Party.

:laugh:

@DCPatriot

Thanks...  I agree. My point is that shouldn't we as GOP voters be able to vet, contrast and compare all the candidates no matter how the race stands  numerically?  The meme that Trump's a fighter seems a bit disingenious when he won't even engage his primary field. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2023, 11:00:24 pm »
Most of what you’re saying here I don’t disagree

I do not believe that Donald Trump is the right man for this time. When he was faced with an actual crisis, most of the decisions he made were the wrong ones.

But he was much better on the border, judges, and energy than Biden

However, I will not be voting for Trump should he be the nominee. Others will decide differently, and that’s their business. Too many red flags coming from him and many of his proposals for a second term.

He promising more spending, more printing, more tariffs, more federal government power. I oppose all those things when Democrats do them. I sure won’t excuse a Republican doing similar

Megadittos. If the Republicans will_not defend the very root of Conservatism, who will? That's fine if that's where they are going, but don't expect anything the hell outta me.

I vote for Conservatism, not Republicans.