Author Topic: Why Trump’s dictator remarks are working for him  (Read 4706 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Why Trump’s dictator remarks are working for him
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2023, 07:50:12 pm »
Quod erat demonstrandum.

lol

Stop using phrases you don’t know the meaning of

Like I said, I had no expectation that you would ever admit to what I stated

But I’ll give you an opportunity to prove me wrong. Would you have an issue with Donald Trump using the power of the government to investigate media that’s hostile to him as an example? It’s a simple yes or no answer

Let’s see if your QED remark applies, although, if history is any guide, you’ll avoid answering

« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 08:04:00 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2023, 07:57:45 pm »
I understand it was an allegorical quip, but I don't like it one bit. It was not a damned bit funny or cute.

Just another reason to pool resources and destroy Trump's candidacy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2023, 08:12:04 pm »
IMO, the answer is simple:  Trump is not a member of @Maj. Bill Martin 's beloved Uniparty.

"Uniparty", as used by Trump/MAGA supporters, has become a synonym for "anyone who isn't a Trump/MAGA supporter".  So in that specific sense, sure.  Although I think that in terms of policy goals, governance, etc., Trump himself (along with most of MAGA) is actually much closer to being "Uniparty" than would be an actual small-government conservative.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 08:19:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2023, 08:13:33 pm »
Here’s another

Former President Trump is coming under intense criticism for a social media post late Sunday in which he threatened to investigate Comcast, the parent company of NBCUniversal, NBC News and MSNBC, over the outlet’s coverage of him should he be elected president again.

“They are almost all dishonest and corrupt, but Comcast, with its one-side and vicious coverage by NBC NEWS, and in particular MSNBC, often and correctly referred to as MSDNC (Democrat National Committee!), should be investigated for its ‘Country Threatening Treason,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social website.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4222082-trump-blasted-threats-against-comcast-nbc/amp/

Thank you -- that's another great example.

And I'd hope @DCPatriot would actually address head-on the specific Trump statements we've identified here at his request.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2023, 08:21:31 pm »
Thank you -- that's another great example.

And I'd hope @DCPatriot would actually address head-on the specific Trump statements we've identified here at his request.

Would love to see an honest prosecution of a Network that is more an arm of the Democrat Party than an objective news organization.

We both know that the CIA and the FBI have both committed serious crimes in their pursuit of 'Candidate' Donald Trump going forward.

And you're willing to give our Fourth Estate a pass?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2023, 08:27:42 pm »
Would love to see an honest prosecution of a Network that is more an arm of the Democrat Party than an objective news organization.

We both know that the CIA and the FBI have both committed serious crimes in their pursuit of 'Candidate' Donald Trump going forward.

In the world of "Words Have Meaning" and "Your Word is Your Bond", why does you and your side give Trump a continuous pass, while seeming to try to hold everyone else to account?  What makes him special, and given the exception?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 08:28:34 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2023, 08:28:02 pm »

Nobody is giving the alphabet agencies and the press a pass. Conservatives have been preaching about an ever growing government and press bias even when  Donald Trump was donating to the likes of Kamala Harris and Harry Reid

But for the same reasons that we opposed a “disinformation czar” from the current administration are the same reasons we would oppose a president using the power of government to investigate a hostile press

« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 08:29:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2023, 08:52:51 pm »

So do you agree with Trump that Comcast should be prosecuted for treason because it is pro-Democrat, and not an objective news organization?  That's fine, if so.  It just kind of emphasizes the rather large gap because our respective positions.

And because they were acting with actual governmental authority, anyone from those agencies that committed actual crimes using their positions should indeed be prosecuted.

There is a massive Constitutional difference between 1) the government itself abusing it's actual legal power, and 2) the press being unfairly biased for or against any particular candidate or cause.

So yes, I am willing to give the Fourth Estate, as well as any individual American citizen, the protected right to be unfairly biased for or against anyone, and to make public statements to that effect.  Apparently, you and Trump aren't.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 09:13:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online LMAO

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2023, 09:14:35 pm »
So do you agree with Trump that Comcast should be prosecuted for treason because it is pro-Democrat, and not an objective news organization?  That's fine, if so.  It just kind of emphasizes the rather large gap because our respective positions.

They make our points so beautifully for us, don’t they?

I actually had a particular poster claim that if Hillary conducted herself after her loss in 2016 the same way Trump did that it would be different in her case because she would be doing it to steal an election

Oh well. That’s the way things are and doubtful if it will ever change

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2023, 09:15:52 pm »

Dood. It's a private enterprise. They're perfectly within the law spinning for the Democrats. Just as Conservative sites on the internet cater (spin) to Conservatives. They ALL spin. There is no real journalism anymore, even on the Right (thanks in large part to Tumpy's movement, because lying is ok)

Is it right? Within reason. If you are playing to city folks and Democrats, that's a different flavor than playing to Rural and Suburban Republicans.

When you'll meet the devil, @DCPatriot , is when you admit that all sides are doing it, one way or the other.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2023, 09:30:22 pm »
They make our points so beautifully for us, don’t they?

I actually had a particular poster claim that if Hillary conducted herself after her loss in 2016 the same way Trump did that it would be different in her case because she would be doing it to steal an election

Oh well. That’s the way things are and doubtful if it will ever change

That's exactly what is happening.  It's quite sad/disappointing realizing how much our views on government have diverged from theirs, but I guess it is what it is at this point.  Just not really on the same side anymore.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2023, 09:56:16 pm »
It's quite sad/disappointing realizing how much our views on government have diverged from theirs, but I guess it is what it is at this point.  Just not really on the same side anymore.

Look at the government and society you created over the past 30 years.    If you had half the intelligence or American patriotism you keep trying to prove you have, you would be breathing a sigh of relief that so many are willing to fight for the nation's history and inheritance you squandered.  But, you, IMO, have neither --- so your opinion is both predictable ---- and irrelevant

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2023, 10:02:30 pm »
Look at the government and society you created over the past 30 years.    If you had half the intelligence or American patriotism you keep trying to prove you have, you would be breathing a sigh of relief that so many are willing to fight for the nation's history and inheritance you squandered.  But, you, IMO, have neither --- so your opinion is both predictable ---- and irrelevant

Another Saturday night on the front porch!      :beer:   :laugh: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2023, 10:03:42 pm »

Again…. Proving our point quite beautifully  happy77

And yet, avoiding the question that I asked upthread. Don’t bother answering as I already know the answer

This right here highlights the MAGA mindset. Because they are under the belief that they are fighting for America, they’re entitled to do whatever needs to be done. Anything goes as far as they are concerned

Keep in mind, while the rest of us were fighting these people your guy was donating to their campaigns

« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 10:05:30 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2023, 10:06:33 pm »

Ahh... So you weren't around then. What, are you TWELVE?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2023, 10:09:06 pm »

And because they were acting with actual governmental authority, anyone from those agencies that committed actual crimes using their positions should indeed be prosecuted.

There is a massive Constitutional difference between 1) the government itself abusing it's actual legal power, and 2) the press being unfairly biased for or against any particular candidate or cause.

So yes, I am willing to give the Fourth Estate, as well as any individual American citizen, the protected right to be unfairly biased for or against anyone, and to make public statements to that effect.  Apparently, you and Trump aren't.

No...I'm saying that the entire mainstream news media is not objective.

There are more than a few videos on the internet where they show DOZENS of different news organizations parroting the same phrases, the same adjectives.

If collusion to form a narrative could be proven, ...but I'm not the lawyer in my family.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2023, 10:12:14 pm »
Look at the government and society you created over the past 30 years.    If you had half the intelligence or American patriotism you keep trying to prove you have, you would be breathing a sigh of relief that so many are willing to fight for the nation's history and inheritance you squandered.

Please explain how I "squandered" this nation's history and inheritance, and how I created this "government and society".

I've voted Republican in every national election since my first in 1980 (including twice for Trump), and have supported the most conservative candidate in every primary.  Oh, and unlike you, I also served in this country's military in harm's way.  So please, enlighten me as to how I am responsible for how we got here.

I mean, I suppose you could argue that my votes for Trump helped get us here, but then, that likely would apply to you as well so I don't think that really counts.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 10:23:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2023, 10:13:12 pm »

There are more than a few videos on the internet where they show DOZENS of different news organizations parroting the same phrases, the same adjectives.

If collusion to form a narrative could be proven, ...but I'm not the lawyer in my family.

But that, in itself is against no law. You have to prove intent, and it likely still is not against the law. The government officials manipulating them... That's where the law is being broken perhaps.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2023, 10:16:35 pm »
But that, in itself is against no law. You have to prove intent, and it likely still is not against the law. The government officials manipulating them... That's where the law is being broken perhaps.

@roamer_1

How could you NOT be able to prove "INTENT"?

Give me five minutes with the President and CEO of WTF owns COMCAST and work your way all the way up to "Tony Montana".    :yowsa:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2023, 10:18:19 pm »
Please explain how I "squandered" this nation's history and inheritance, and how I created this "government and society".

Notice how glibly she divides between 'us' and 'them', holding herself on high. Like MAGATs aren't just as culpable as any.

If you don't LOVE Dear Leader, it's all YOUR FAULT. All the way back.

What an absurd notion.  :silly:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2023, 10:21:33 pm »

You still didn't address directly Trump's actual statement -- you just keep dodging it.

Nobody is claiming that the media isn't biased.  The issue is whether or not you support Trump's view that non-objective, pro-Democrat news organizations like Comcast should be investigated for their "country-threatening treason".   A simple, straightforward question.

And by the way, that includes if those news organizations all coordinate and "collude" to send out the same anti-Trump, biased, non-objective news.  Do you think that is grounds for a prosecution of treason?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 10:23:14 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online LMAO

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2023, 10:22:08 pm »

I mean, I suppose you could argue that my votes for Trump helped get us here, but then, that likely would apply to you as well so I don't think that really counts.

:rolling:

BURN!!!!

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2023, 10:24:25 pm »
@roamer_1

How could you NOT be able to prove "INTENT"?

Give me five minutes with the President and CEO of WTF owns COMCAST and work your way all the way up to "Tony Montana".    :yowsa:

It's a sticky wicket. They're in the business of cultivating sources to get the scoop... So where does that cross the line?
As for their reading in unison, that's because the lion's share of the chunked-and-formed news comes from one or two sources... Associated Press... And the script readers all read the AP script.

Now, from the governments side, where it is often illegal to tell secrets, where it's bad form to be a narc, there may well be charges. Pretty hard to aim that at business, except maybe monopoly and racketeering, maybe... And that's a damn hard show.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2023, 10:25:44 pm »

Absolutely right, @roamer_1

Swear that Morning Joe is a compensated speaker/actor for the CIA. 

But using the public airways to sway public opinion...even CENSORING opinions...DOJ covering up obvious criminal activity?
IMHO, that's more a "HIGH CRIME" than a "misdemeanor".

That's a crime that needs R E T R I B U T I O N.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2023, 10:28:57 pm »
Absolutely right, @roamer_1

Swear that Morning Joe is a compensated speaker/actor for the CIA. 

But using the public airways to sway public opinion...even CENSORING opinions...DOJ covering up obvious criminal activity?
IMHO, that's more a "HIGH CRIME" than a "misdemeanor".

That's a crime that needs R E T R I B U T I O N.

You won't get ANY.

What it requires is overturning.
Restoration of journalistic ethics... And if that is your aim, y'all are backing the wrong guy. Ethics ain't in his wheelhouse.