Author Topic: US rushed new F-35 capabilities to Israel after Hamas attack  (Read 155 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US rushed new F-35 capabilities to Israel after Hamas attack
« on: December 13, 2023, 02:33:39 pm »
US rushed new F-35 capabilities to Israel after Hamas attack
Pentagon officials say they’re delivering “unprecedented surge support to F-35 users in Israel.”
AUDREY DECKER | DECEMBER 12, 2023 06:25 PM ET

The Pentagon gave Israel special computer files with detailed information about enemy threats to help the country’s fleet of F-35s, which it is using against Hamas.

Following the Oct. 7 Hamas attack on Israel, the U.S. turned around F-35 mission data files to Israel in a “week, week and half,” Pentagon acquisition chief Bill LaPlante said Tuesday during a House Armed Services tactical air and land forces subcommittee hearing. Mission data files are essentially the brains of the jet—an extensive data system with information on potential threats.

Israel’s fleet of F-35s have performed “absolutely outstanding” in the war against Hamas, F-35 Program Executive Officer Lt. Gen. Michael Schmidt said during the hearing, noting the plane’s “high” mission capability rates in the Middle East—something that the F-35 program has struggled with.

“We have added some capabilities to that airplane in a very short period of time and our team is doing everything we can to continue to move the ball forward there,” Schmidt said.

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2023/12/us-rushed-new-f-35-capabilities-israel-after-hamas-attack/392718/?oref=d1-homepage-top-story
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson