Author Topic: South Korea's defence minister warns North Korea of 'hell of destruction'  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
South Korea's defence minister warns North Korea of 'hell of destruction'
By Josh Smith
December 13, 20233:37 AM ESTUpdated 6 hours ago

SEOUL, Dec 13 (Reuters) - South Korea's defence minister threatened on Wednesday to unleash a "hell of destruction" on neighbouring North Korea in retaliation for any reckless actions.

The heightened rhetoric comes after North Korea said last month it would no longer abide by a military pact between the neighbours in 2018 that aimed to reduce tension.

Pyongyang's step came after South Korea said it would partially suspend the deal, following the launch of a spy satellite by the North.

"North Korea has only two choices - peace or destruction," a South Korean defence ministry statement quoted the minister, Shin Won-sik, as saying.

"If North Korea makes reckless actions that harm peace, only a hell of destruction awaits them."

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/skoreas-defence-minister-warns-north-korea-hell-destruction-2023-12-13/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson